World of Warcraft vs. Warhammer

Started by Fragile Dreams, October 29, 2008, 08:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubie

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 12, 2008, 11:48:21 AM
My past experience with EA customer service in relation to mporgs was terrible and was with Ultima Online.

I hear you.  Five years of UO, and a GM was only able to help me out once, in all those years.  And it was only after hounding them for weeks. :P

I promised myself I wouldn't, but I'm totally back in WoW again.  Primarily because of the polish.  I tried WAR for a bit, but it didn't stick with me.  I also tried AoC, long enough to reach endgame to discover that there ... was no endgame... and I lost interest in CoH pretty quickly as well. 

Not that I'm a hardcore Warcraft fan, but I do enjoy it the most out of all the ones I've played just for all that it has to offer.  I'm waiting for either World of Starcraft or a Warhammer 40k MMO to come out.  There's a 40k MMO in the works, but not much information is on it yet, so it's likely a year or two off.

As for what you should play, Fragile... whatever you enjoy most. :)

Fragile Dreams

Quote from: Rubie on November 13, 2008, 08:04:30 PMAs for what you should play, Fragile... whatever you enjoy most. :)
The problem is, Rubie, that i do enjoy both games. WAR, WoW and DOTA are the online games that i wont change them with anything. I tried lots of games, like, DnD online, CoH, RF Online, Sayia, Lineage II and MU. Still the three are top of my list.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

magnamos

Sci-Fi MMOs got a bad standing on the market and get often rejected. Somehow people seem to love just smashing each other with maces or axes. Tabula Rasa get's shut down in February but everyone who played it long enough get's a generous refund worth almost $80 from NC. Access to the Aion Beta and Prelaunchphase and 3 Month in Lineage 2 and CoX.
I admit that I'm kinda sad that Tabula Rasa will be stoped. It was such a good game. I really loved it. It was the only game I played longer than it was actually on the market.
Right now I'm back in WoW and have to say not much changed. It's the same hunt for equipment. It's the same Equipment exchange once you arrive in Northerend and all these things we had in Burning Crusade. If you got noone in game to level with, got a guild or anything it get's boring in the exceptional time of 20 Minutes! That's world record in my book. The new Class just can't keep your interest long enough. At least it can't keep mine.
I'm kinda curious about Warhammer online. Though I want to learn more about it before I consider playing it. Maybe I should just go back to Exteel and blow up some more scrap metal...

Fragile Dreams

From what i've seen from WoW in Wrath of the Lich King, is that it became a bit warhammerish. I mean, now you get achievements and sieges, things that you had in warhammer from the beggining. But i can't say i get bored by playing alone, since i took my character from my initial server and migrate to Anachronos. There i met new players and i took my character from 40 to 70 alone, as for the gear, i tried to get  everything i can from quests and stuff around, untill i got myself in a guild but the gear i got was from raiding for fun, not because i was eager to get them. I just love my character for what she can do (Druid) and not because of what she is capable to do, while she wears top gear. I've heard about the closing of Tabula Rasa and i must say i was expecting that. Hardly a sci-fi game can stand among the classic RPGs. Even RF online, was sci-fi but it had many fantasy epic signs in it, thats why many people liked it. The best reason i can find about a game to become popular, is the way you pay it. For example, WoW and Lineage are pay card games, when others are via paypal. A lot of people can play them i know but dont forget that younger ages, ages that cant have a credit card or dont want to charge their parents bank account wont be able to pay for this games, so they choose to play something more affortable, in paying and in approach.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]