Pirates... (Closed for female characters)

Started by Dashenka, July 05, 2011, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

You might have to wait till the end of the window for that sale to happen. He hasn't been sold...yet!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

kckolbe

We have a few folks that have been silent since joining.  We may want to make sure we still have everyone before taking on more.  I worry that we will take on a bunch of males to "balance" things, only to discover that some of our lovely ladies are missing.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

MagicalPen

Name: Konrad Roht

Role on the ship: Soldier, Marksman

Appearance: 6'4" and full of Muscles

Appearance: Konrad, like all of the elite Hessian Mercenaries, is a large, powerful man who was certainly bred to be a soldier. Blonde hair and blue eyes complete his tall, German complexion. Broad shoulders complete his muscled frame.

History: Born in the world famous region of Hessel-Kessel, known for its long military lineage and extraordinary soldiers (many of which serve the British Empire as Mercenaries), life for Konrad has always been pre-planned. Just like his father, and his fathers father, and his fathers fathers father, Konrad was always destined for the Military. He excelled in drills and fighting in training, a large part leaning on his large size and raw strength that often overpowered his adversaries. Due to his skills and size, he was destined to join the Hessian Grenadiers - men known for their size, strength, and brutality.

His unit was soon bought by the British to serve aboard warships headed for the Caribbean. But something about living the life down there didn't sit well with Konrad. He didn't like the strict regime of life aboard the British - men who always seemed to look down upon him and the other Hessian Mercenaries. Quite frankly, he found the British to be far too arrogant for his liking. It was too easy to break some measly rule that prevented you from shore leave and that prevented Konrad from carousing with the fine women of the region. The Pirates always seemed to have more fun as he was concerned.

Konrads ship was caught in a skirmish with Pirates and sunk. Konrad himself barely managed to survive, floating in the ocean on some drift wood, when a passing fisherman rescued him amongst the debris. Taking too a port, Konrad saw this as a chance to live the life he had always dreamed off - that of a Pirate. His large size, tendency to beat most other men up, and his crack shot with a musket were all marketable skills and he soon hired onto a Pirate ship.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Ramster

Looking good! We can have a roll call once the OOC and character threads are up to check everyone's still on board.
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Aiden

Name: Ramón "El Ojo"(The Eye) Cervantes 
Role on the ship: Navigator, Occasional Helmsmen
Attire: Mostly black, comfortable clothing that allows free movement A cutlass hangs at his left hip and dual pistols on the right held up by a brown hip bandolier.
Background: Ramon Cervantes hails from the small Spain port city of Alicante. His father was one of the wealtheir men in the small city, who made his fortune by commanding a small fleet of ships that ran trade from northern Africa and Greece. Ramon never knew his mother but was raised by his various women and tutors his father contracted while he was away at sea.

In his early teen years he began to sail with his father, learn of his adventures and became fascinated with the ocean. The young Scion was well educated and tempered by the sea, working at the bottom and gaining his sea legs in record times. He learned how to maintain and fire cannons, rig the sails but he took a knack for navigation and map making. His artistic skill allowed him to become an "untrained" cartographer, making corrections and even remaking maps after seeing the route only once, earning him the nick name "El Ojo" among his father's workers.

At the age of twenty he asked his father for permission to sail new seas and explore the world before returning to take over the family business in a few years. His father being a reasonable man, allowed his best navigator to go off on his own. In the years that have passed Ramon sailed nearly all of the Indian Ocean, bits of the Pacific (from the Asias) and parts of the Atlantic. (Europe). He keeps his own maps and memoirs and has found himself in the service of both the military and pirates in his adventures.

Less then a year ago he found himself aboard a new ship, The Courtesan after being recruited by the captain who was looking for a new navigator. Ramon signed up, knowing well in advance that The Courtesan was not a merchant or privateer vessel. In the last few years, Ramon has taken a liking to the life of piracy. 

Appearance and interesting feats. Wears an eye patch over his left eye and has led all to believe that he is blind in one eye (He isn't).

He spends hours going over his maps or drawing the routes they sail, always looking to improve on the works of others.

Speaks many languages, proving he is not some uneducated fool.

His body is covered with tattoos from all over the world, cataloging his adventures.

Aiden

Shade

Ok, here's my character. Let me know if there's anything I need to change.

-----------------

Name: Drake Fischer

Role on the ship: Blacksmith, captive

Background: Since Drake's father was a blacksmith, there wasn't much question as to what Drake would grow up to be. His father taught him everything that he knew, how to make all kinds of tools and the occasional weapon. At the age of 21, Drake's father passed away, and he had to take over his father's business. Though he did struggle a bit on his own at first, he was soon proven to be just as good, if not better, than his father was.

When making a delivery to a small port town, he had the misfortune of arriving there just before the town was raided by pirates. He attempted to flee on his cart, but he was cut off before he could make it to the country side. He was sure that they would kill him, but they had noticed what he had in his cart. They asked if he was the smith who had made the knives, pans, and tools, or if he was just delivering them. Not wanting to die, Drake said that he had made them, and showed them the burn marks on his arms as proof.  Since a blacksmith always comes in handy, they took him captive, forcing him to make blades for them, and other metal tools they might need.

Appearance and interesting feats: Short, dark hair. Blue eyes, about 5 foot 10. A few burn scars on his arms from his work.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Anything else you would you like us to know: Working with metal and blades all his life, he does have some skill with a knife or a sword if he needed to protect himself.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Dashenka

Okay this topic has run it's course. We got enough players and a perfect balance between males and females when Haibane joins in.

The OOC is here.

Please use it for questions etc. or to let us know when you will be taking a leave of absence.

Haibane can you post your character sheet here in this topic if you are still interested? I will then link it to the OOC.

I hope you all enjoy it :)
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Haibane

My apologies, going to be busy until Tuesday. Motor racing at Silverstone calls my hubby and I must go with him!

I'll get the char sheet posted up asap.

Ramster

Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Haibane

Oh no! My apologies! I totally and completely forgot about this game!

To be honest life is quite busy for me at the moment and I think I have enough games going on to fill the time I can allocate to E. Can I join you later if I find I have spare time then?

Dashenka

You? Always.. just let any of us know when you have some spare time and we can fill you in.

AngelicBlade

Hmm, this seems interesting, but has a good deal of people, I doubt there is a free spot but if so, let me know. I check this site everyday a few times. So I'll replie when I can.

Vaulera

is there room for female characters? if so i am ready to make a character

Dashenka

That would depend on the role I guess :) Do tell..

Vaulera

dunno i am open to any roles tell me what you need as far as female roles

Dashenka

Got any games played already? So I can read a bit? See how you write and what you like before giving you a character.

Vaulera

my only one so far was a super brief encounter before the thread died which is why i am trying to get into a lot. I like to write simply but with enough description to make it vivid

Dashenka

Well to be honest, the length is not what I'm worried about. In your three posts in this topic you haven't used a single capital or comma. Which is why I want to read that super short thread before I accept you. Hope you understand.

Vaulera

haha sorry, i know how to punctuate and such i am just a little lazy. would you like me to do so from now on?

Vaulera

if you want to see the thread it is under exotic non-consensual free-form big group called maiden and monster. My stuff was under roaring falls north

Dashenka

I'm sorry girl but I have made my point about punctuation and in your two posts coming after mine you still do not use it. Lazy or not, that is not really a good sign for me. Also you could have provided me with a link to your game.

This game includes some very experienced players with 3000+ posts, all which include capitals and correct comma's. I'm sorry but I think it's not wise for you to join a game like this while being so new. I wish you luck with all your games to come and a happy time here at Elliquiy. It's nothing personal and I hope you realize that.

Karasu

Still looking for male characters? I have one if your looking for them.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Kendra

I know I pm'd this to yourself and Ramster already but thought it only fair to post it here like every one else ;)

Name: Georgiana Annabel Hastings
Role on the ship: Captive to be
Background:

George Carlisle Hastings was appointed Governor of Bengal in 1754, four years later he sent for his young wife Catherine Caroline Morgan. It was another year before she finally arrived in India but much to their delight she conceived within a month of her arrival. It was during the Great Famine of 1760 that their only child was born. Catherine, whose already frail body from the hazardous journey from England to India failed her and, she died in childbirth.

Their daughter grew up with instruction to be a proper English rose but as her servants and nanny were of Indian descent, she had a wilder streak than what her father would have other wise wanted. Spirited and highly strung, he was afraid she would become even more precocious if she stayed and so though it broke his heart, he sent her home to England to attend boarding school there.

She did indeed learn how to be a perfect specimen of elite English society. Her father was now the Governor General of India and a highly respected man. Business and trade were under serious upheaval and it was to him that the British Government turned too, to make sure that all went smoothly. His beloved daughter graduated from the highly polished school for English women, specifically for those daughters whose fathers worked for the colonies.

Georgiana had grown into a beautiful woman, making her mark on the school that had been her home for almost seven years. Romps with Ernest one of the stable hands and Gregory, a gardener had helped her education along considerably. Her father had written to her before her graduation to ask her to return to India and she was delighted to do so. Her memories of the scents, views and it’s people still haunted her. She always felt it were more a home than England could ever be.

With her a female servant Clara, a middle aged woman who doted on her and a valet, a middle aged man who Georgiana was certain was in love with Clara, they boarded the ship her father had booked her on. Somehow she felt her life was just beginning and all the experiences that led to this,  she hoped would pale in comparison.

Appearance and interesting feats:
She detests the high wigs of the day, recalling no lady in India wearing any as it was simply too hot. As soon as she boarded the boat her own was removed and her hair coiled instead to resemble a lower styled fop of the day. Georgiana also recalled how she had worn sometimes nothing more than a shift with her bloomers as a child and would smile to herself at the freedom of those garments, hoping that she could doff half her petticoats, girdle and corset to feel some freedom of movement once in India. The only thing she did love were shoes, and the many many cases that were boarded belonging to her, at least two of these large trunks contained simply her shoes.

She is 5’6” and with a sallow complexion more like her fathers than her mothers. Her hazel eyes and brown hair however derive from her mothers side of the family, as her father is tall with blond hair and blue eyes. She is quite slender; speaks three languages fluently though had tried to remember the Indian she knew as a child; English, French and Spanish. She has been taught the finer points of needlecraft, lace making and tapestry. Fond of Geography, history and a head for astronomy and mathematics, as well as philosophy. She is a keen horse rider and falconer. As well as being proficient on the piano forte. All abilities that any English lady should know.