Adventurers Wanted! The Games must go on! (D&D 5e)

Started by Inerrant Lust, March 02, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaegar14

Okay, looks like Lucretia is in ShadowFox's group. Fox, I will tell you that my list of Off's pretty much starts and ends at scat, so there will be others in our group that you will squick out long before me.

Now, to my fellow Heels, I am ALMOST done with Lucretia's character sheet, but am not sure what to focus her on, and the difference ultimately comes down to her Human bonus feat. I can either give her Sentinel and make her a tank, or Polearm Master so she hits like a truck. What do you all think?
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

rikka

Lust, please do an alternative sketch for Ange, perhaps something you envisioned from before! :P
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Kunoichi

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 07, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
Idly, I started sketching characters... but found that because everyone used images, that I was just copying those things. <_<

Given that the picture I'm currently using for Yuffi is one of Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest 8, I certainly wouldn't mind getting a piece of original artwork for her instead. :P Here's a description for her, if that will help at all.

Euphemia 'Yuffi-hama' Lovelace is a cheerful hobling girl who up until recently made her living working as a barmaid in a tavern located in a small town in the Theocratic Union, close to the border between the Union and Midlaire.  At 3 feet, 6 inches in height she is definitely on the short side when compared to the 'typical' member of her race but, almost as if to make up for this fact, the gods seem to have blessed her with a very generous figure.  From her goblin mother she inherited a striking green complexion, with a splashing of darker green freckles across her face and upper body, while she inherited her halfling father's dark brown eyes and bright, almost flame-colored red hair.

For her adventuring career, Yuffi plans to dress in the uniform she was given when she first started working at the tavern, an almost stereotypical german-styled barmaid costume.  It was given to her before her figure had really filled out all the way, so it takes her a little work to get it on and she usually looks like she's at risk of popping right out of it while wearing it, but it's one of her favorite outfits due to certain sentimental values it holds for her and it was certainly popular with all the customers back at the tavern, so she intends to keep wearing it in the Games.

(Why did that die, again?  :-\)

As I recall, we hit a point where people weren't posting due to being uncertain of what to have their characters do, and once that was worked out, we weren't able to get our momentum back and the game wound up stalling. ^^;

It's too bad I wouldn't be able to play as Ellen in 5th edition, though.  'Ghost Paladin Mom' wound up making for a fun character concept.

CeruleanSerenity

I would love to see a sketch for my character, if you ever feel like it. Choosing a picture to represent my character is always difficult for me, since I tend to be picky about them... if I had any artistic talent, I would probably stick to drawing something rather than hunting through pictures. So I could describe my character in more detail any time, if you want to do an alternate take any time.

Rhaegar14

Oh, also, did EtherealGirl drop out? Poet seems like she would be a good fit for a Heel group, and looking at party comp we are currently pretty much hosed by anything remotely resembling a trap.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Chulanowa

Well... nooo  :-[ They're images i collected after finding one and going "AHMAGAH THAT'S PERFECT!"

(cough) i certainly wouldn't mind an alternative, if you were gonna do it anyway  ;D

Autocad

Apologies to all for the delay, but I finally finished my character application! I would be happy to join Shadow's team of heels (delicious tentacles and bondage!). I've have pretty much no offs other than furries, gore and scat, so feel free to go all kinky.

I don't recall seeing the question asked before (if it was, I missed it), but I went with the Variant Human with a feat, hope that's fine.

Valerie de Siles
Last Baroness of Siles

Viola Sigma
Magical Femme Fatale
Valerie "Viola Sigma" de Siles
Human Wild Sorceress 3

Origin:

The House of Siles has existed for many years in quiet obscurity, a minor barony ruling over their modest holdings from Castle Siles. They would have probably continued to exist for many years more, the title passing on from father to son and occasionally daughter or nephew or niece (the women to be wed matrilineally without exception, their children to carry on the name of de Siles), had not one of them, the great-grandfather of Valerie, taken offense to the prophecies of a traveling fortune-teller. He imprisoned the old woman in the dungeons, where she soon died, but not before cursing the House of Siles with ill fortune with her final breath.

And so the long decline of the de Siles family began, their lands plagued by bouts of famine, disease, and bandit raids. The last Baron of Siles was a man with too much anger in his heart and too much alcohol in his liver. Worst of all, he gambled too much, losing more gold in a single night of games than his predecessors before him had lost in a lifetime. Every ancestral treasure of de Siles, down to the last copper piece, was eventually frittered away, and when the family wealth - its assets modest to begin with - was exhausted, he went into debt to maintain his gambling habit. Valerie herself was conceived to the click-clack of rolling dice, and her birth - which her mother did not survive - was ignored by her father, lost as he was in wine and cards.

Valerie became Baroness of Siles in her teens after her father finally drank himself to death. He left her a mountain of debts taller than the crumbling ruin that Castle Siles had become after decades of neglect. She hadn't even finished burying him in the family graveyard when the first of his creditors rolled up in an expensive carriage, demanding to be repaid. Armed with papers and lawyers, the creditors descended like a swarm of vultures upon a carcass, seizing and dividing the ancestral lands and castle between them, denying even a dignified end to the House of Siles. One of the creditors, dissatisfied with his meager share of the liquidated assets, went so far as to try to claim the rest of his "payment" from Valerie's body...

...and that was when her pet cat, Sir Purrcival, leapt valiantly to her rescue, clawing at the villain's arm and forcing him to beat a hasty retreat! That night, to her great surprise, Sir Purrcival spoke to her (not literally, it was more of a psychic connection). The late Baron of Siles, for all his gambling losses, had won one game, it turned out - in his gambling he had sacrificed all he had on the altar of luck, and amused the mysterious forces of the cosmos enough for them to grant him a single unasked boon: the fortune-teller's curse of ill fortune lifted from his seed and replaced with a mote of power. A mote by divine standards, which was more than most mortals would ever wield in a lifetime, for her to awaken now in her hour of need by uttering the fateful words:

"Little star, twinkle far, heroes charm and villains char!"

By these words, Valerie de Siles became Viola Sigma, a sorceress who held the arcane forces at her beck and call. When she had overcome her foe or challenge, her transformation would end and she would revert back to being Valerie. In an ancient time, the Baroness with no barony might have gone adventuring with her newfound power, to gain enough gold to pay off her father's debt and reclaim her lands. The present time was no different, except that Gaming had supplanted adventuring. And that was how Valerie de Siles, penniless noble who lost her rightful ancestral home to the evil clutches of bankers and creditors, began her adventuring career in the Games. All this, her origin story, was conveniently recorded, of course.

The fall of Valerie de Siles and the rise of Viola Sigma:

Valerie de Siles was a landless and penniless noble whose title was exactly just that - a title, and nothing more. She was powerless, something proven all too well in her first few adventures, where she confronted her father's creditors in an attempt to reclaim her ancestral holdings, whether through pity or deal. The more honourable ones laughed in her face and shooed her out. The less honourable ones also laughed in her face, but had no intentions of letting the young beautiful woman leave, and they had the goons to back up their own perverted intentions. Valerie de Siles transformed into Viola Sigma, incapacitated the minions ordered to capture her and made her escape.

For the first time in her life, she experienced power. A better woman might have used her ability for good, to stand up for the weak and oppressed. Not Valerie de Siles, not Viola Sigma, neither of whom had seen someone fight for good and justice and prevail. No, the successful ones were always those who picked on the weak and powerless, to take everything away while their victims could do nothing more than watch helplessly. Having been a victim most of her life, now that she had a taste of the pleasures of the other side, she finally understood what drove them to do so - and there was no way she was ever going back.

The creditors too powerful to be overcome directly, Valerie saw no choice remaining but to either become stronger or find the gold to pay them off, somehow. Both ways involved finding those challenges she could overcome, whether for the learning experience or simply for loot, and it didn't matter whether they were innocent or not, whether they deserved it or not - after all, they were nothing more than steps to be trod underfoot as she ascended the long climb to glory.

Inerrant Lust

Heh. I love it. :P

But there's a lot of bandits in people's backstories.. I always kind of figured that it would be more profitable (and safe) to be an adventurer than a brigand. They are essentially the same thing, if you consider the victims are just monsters and someone else is paying you to beat them up. ;)

Of course, crime isn't completely eradicated. I've decided the climate is mostly temperate, and a little bit warm. Adventuring has created a lot of fads and fashion somewhat revolves around it. In the summer, its common for ordinary people go around wearing clothing that's somewhat revealing. Whereas your ordinary person before Gaming became popular would probably come straight out of a textbook.

Normally, I loathe that aesthetic.. What self-respecting female adventurer would go around wearing armor that doesn't protect her? Why kingdom hearts levels of belts and straps? Because the whole setting was a thought experiment about how such bizarre things could naturally develop, and what a world would be like if you did not divorce an MMO's gameplay from an MMO's setting/characters. :P

But I digress...

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 07, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
Idly, I started sketching characters... but found that because everyone used images, that I was just copying those things. <_<

I don't mind you putting your own spin on things. Mostly because Jarek is in his noble attires with a bad hair day on that one. Could always have him with his hair pulled back, his goatee shaved and his scale armor on. Something like this.

Gaming Armor

Chulanowa

Assymetrical shoulder armor really, truly tests me. Especially if it's not on the leading arm. So doopid

Inerrant Lust

I'm right there with you, Chulanowa. :P

Except that it totally fits in this setting.  ::)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 08, 2015, 02:16:17 PM
Assymetrical shoulder armor really, truly tests me. Especially if it's not on the leading arm. So doopid

Yeah yeah yeah, I know but it was the only one I could find.

Chulanowa

Let's just hope he doesn't have to fend off left-handed axe weilders  ;D

ShadowFox89

I figure I should actually post my own character.

Name: Sirona
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Barbarian
Quote: What? Not distracting you, am I?

Physical Description
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sirona is a slim bodied elf with curly hair that reaches her waist. Standing at 6'2 with almond eyes and a slim nose, a smirk from full lips ever present on her oval face and ears pointing through her hair that distinctly mark her as an elf. She wears no clothing, save for a belt that holds her sword. Like all elves, she has no hair save for what is on her head and her beasts are just large enough that they provide a distraction to others in combat- without hindering her own movement. The most distinct feature about her, however, is the tattoo that covers her torso. Starting from her groin, it is of vines and leaves that reach upwards and curl about her breasts, before branching across her shoulder.

Background
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hailing from lands far to the East, Sirona is from what most folk would call "uncivilized lands". There, strength is shown in power over others. Power over others, power to take what you wish from them. Sirona grew bored with such struggles and heard of the grand games to the west, where people proved their power by putting on grand shows. With only her cloak and blade, she made her way to the west. There, starting in New Dazsu, she began to make a name for herself. Dressed in nothing but a cloak wrapped about her body, wielding nothing but her trusty sword, she dazzled audiences with brazen displays and taunt to her foes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ExisD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 08, 2015, 10:38:21 AM
Heh. I love it. :P

But there's a lot of bandits in people's backstories.. I always kind of figured that it would be more profitable (and safe) to be an adventurer than a brigand. They are essentially the same thing, if you consider the victims are just monsters and someone else is paying you to beat them up. ;)

Of course, crime isn't completely eradicated. I've decided the climate is mostly temperate, and a little bit warm. Adventuring has created a lot of fads and fashion somewhat revolves around it. In the summer, its common for ordinary people go around wearing clothing that's somewhat revealing. Whereas your ordinary person before Gaming became popular would probably come straight out of a textbook.

Normally, I loathe that aesthetic.. What self-respecting female adventurer would go around wearing armor that doesn't protect her? Why kingdom hearts levels of belts and straps? Because the whole setting was a thought experiment about how such bizarre things could naturally develop, and what a world would be like if you did not divorce an MMO's gameplay from an MMO's setting/characters. :P

But I digress...

I think I might need to find a sexier outfit for adventuring. Well an easy one would be having her tights be a bit more skintight, likewise everything that isn't her jacket on top.

rikka

Quote from: ExisD on March 08, 2015, 05:38:34 PM
I think I might need to find a sexier outfit for adventuring. Well an easy one would be having her tights be a bit more skintight, likewise everything that isn't her jacket on top.

I think her outfit is skintight and sexy enough.  :P

Ons/Offs

Inerrant Lust

Yeah, that's an amazing picture you've found, ExisD. :P

Also, the more I think about it- the more Magdalene might fit in better with Shadow's group and Thalia with mine.. if we're going face/heel. Though I figured I'd take all the original members.  ::) Some idle stuff I've done so far. As you can see, didn't even finish poor maggie's feet and god knows what her fingers are doing. Not quite pleased with how Ange turned out, either. Grrr.

Laughing Hyena

Aw but she's an adorable bartender hobling. How could you not see her as the mischievous part of the heroic team.

Inerrant Lust

That's kunoichi, I meant the fey'touched' warlock. Very touched.. ;)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 08, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
That's kunoichi, I meant the fey'touched' warlock. Very touched.. ;)

Still need some hexed love in my party I think. ^_^

rikka

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 08, 2015, 06:06:12 PM
Not quite pleased with how Ange turned out, either. Grrr.

Personally I like it, you're getting there. Though I want her to have more hair. :P

Ons/Offs

Rhaegar14

Here is Lucretia's character sheet. I'll be updating the post with her profile with a link to it.

Inerrant Lust

I apologize for the delay. I am super exhausted today, more than I expected to be after work...

But here we go for the OOC thread. Also some issues regarding exactly how we'll handle the party composition...