Extreme Fantasy Roleplay (More monsters needed)

Started by Vaulera, June 18, 2012, 10:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

I am quite frankly very pleasantly surprised at the amount of interest this thread has garnered, I should probably be writing my character up soon.

Name: Talyn Bane
Race: Vampire
Disposition: Talyn is a whimsical and fluctuating individual, as arrogant as she is old. Even though she may remain detached or seemingly apathetic, she has an undeniably vast reserve of wisdom, garnered through her thousand of years of life. Her lack of temper and supernaturally induced bloodlust make a bad combination, often making use of her considerable power when hungry or prodded to the point of fury.
History: The Bane family was around in an age before the current, a time when magic was part of every infrastructure and culture, most of which lived together in absolute harmony. Cultures that were separated often crumbled into ruin, through lack of trade, starvation or just disappeared without a trace. Over hundreds of years, only one of such cultures remained, the Banes, a line of royalty that ruled a small castle and village in a very prosperous region. Though they were small, they were malicious, often dabbling in the darkest of magics, necromancy and demonology. With these taboo and shunned arcanas, the Banes set about destroying the joined cultures, pulling entire cities into the abyss, or summoning an endless tide of monsters, using what they despised most to devour itself. Through their merciless slaughter, they heralded the end of their age, ending the peace and prosperity and ushering in others, but once they had been through with their destruction, they vanished, the family had disappeared. A great many other ages had passed, the creatures of magic experienced a resurgence, thriving, though a far cry from what they had before the darkest of days. Only a century before the present, the Banes reappeared, coming over the ocean in great ships of war, proclaiming that they had gone to other countries, continents and islands and wrought the same destruction for thousands of years, returning to their home at last. The Banes were destined to be the royal family, conquering with their own twisted hordes. In one of these far off lands, the youngest daughter of a Bane born hundreds of years into their bloody conquest, was Talyn. In her life, she was raised in a land made entirely of magic, raised among slaves of the magical beings. Though these slaves were executed all, she had loved them more dearly than her own family, opposing the atrocities committed by her lineage. Talyn voiced her outrage to her father, the king, and was promptly set to be executed publicly and without mercy. In the Bane's traditional way of execution, she was set on a crucifix within a summoning circle and set to be ravished and eventually eaten by a horde of demons. One of these however, was simply named the progenitor, the creator of vampires and an arch-demon of great power and pride, a summoning far beyond what should have been. The progenitor took a liking to the girl, perhaps lust, perhaps more, none could say. He slew the other, lesser demons and broke the circle, but rather than the savior she thought him to be, he merely did the ravishing himself, draining her of her life's blood and converting her to what she is now, a vampire of considerable power. She was put in a grave, only to rise later and bear the children of the progenitor, unwittingly to her, the first batch of pureblood vampires that would be, the progenitor having only been summoned once, then and there. Talyn was the mother of all true vampires, mistress of an arch-demon. In the next thousands of years, she went on a rampage, killing entire villages and feeding them to her young, only humans could be their prey, the vampire their predator. Though her bloodlust was satisfied, she had left vampires in every country and continent, purebloods that would reproduce on their own. Rather than continue, she settled down in a remote forest in a small but lavish home, the first home in the village of fantasy creatures. (So long winded it hurts, I know, but I put the lore in there too.)

Appearance:  http://gelbooru.com//images/1335/71ce95d7054edfb6a040a970180d296c.jpg?1546901

TheHangedOne

Hey, Vaul, are you still looking for monsters? Got a place for Ixilthuth (From the Fall From Light game)?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Silk

Name: Ashina
Race: Feline-Shifter
Disposition:Curious, friendly, easily frightened
History: Ashina's life has largely been spent playing in the forest's of her home and singing for the entertainment of others at the Villaige, she has been told she has a very beautiful voice that compliments her soft appearance. With little family to speak of Ashina attempts to keep as many close friends as possible to stave off her lonliness, but the moment things begin getting out of control it's not unknown for Ashina to be found a few days later cowering in her feline form in a corner somewhere. Because of this the people who know her attempt to keep the shock factor around her to a minimum, but this only results in her not being exposed and overcoming her skittishness.
Appearance:

Vaulera

Sure do, feel free to post him, fall from light died pretty truly. I'm curious, exactly just how large is this stone giantess, great idea by the way, I'm totally stealing that for future roleplays.

Kunoichi

*shrugs* I haven't quite decided, to tell the truth. ^^; It might be fun to make her big enough to hold a person in the palm of her hand, since that might add some... interesting mechanics to sex scenes, but at the same time, said mechanics could distract from the fun...

MzHyde

Maybe like eight feet tall or something? Much larger than normal, but not too big to make things a hassle. After all, if she's so huge she can hold the bad guys in the palm of her hand then what has she to fear?

Shjade

Quote from: MzHyde on June 21, 2012, 04:20:29 PM
After all, if she's so huge she can hold the bad guys in the palm of her hand then what has she to fear?

Nasty splinters. :x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kunoichi

Being tripped up, tied down with ropes, and then her captors having their way with her, for a start. :P

Still, I suppose it would be better to make her a bit smaller...  Say, the average human being comes up to roughly her knees, for height?  That'd be about 20 feet tall, I think...

TheHangedOne

And here is ixilthuth, adapted for this game; let me know if it works, Vaul. If I need to change anything, let me know; and if anybody wants to know ahead of time what sort of "equipment" he is packing, just PM me.  8-)

Name: Ixilthuth
Race: Human/Tentacle monster Hybrid

Ambition: Find a nice shelter location, with abundant food and water, and mates.
History: It does not know many things, for instance, where it came from; all it remembers is skulking through the wilderness. Hunger. Hunting to sate it; eating meat, but some times fruits or the strange things he ripped up from the ground, when their was no meat.  Fright; fear of the bigger hunters, the things that could hurt him. Lust; the overwhelming urge to procreate. A very simple creature, that could, perhaps, be capable of more.

Disposition: Logical in the extreme, and very patient, it is not uncommon for this creature to stalk its prey for hours (if merely hungry for food), or days at a time (if it is searching for a mate). It is quick on its feet and very cunning, while lacking fundamental skills such as mathematics, history, and language. It is highly empathic, however, and very good at understanding and communicating through body language and sounds.

Method of Reproduction: In-between oviposition and traditional pregnancy; when mating with a human, it will eventually release several hundred incredibly small eggs into them, which will flood into the uterus, and cling to the walls there. Over the next few weeks, most of these eggs will kill each other off, and their eventually will be one left, which will wait until the human produces an egg of their own. At that point, his egg will fuse with the female's, impregnating them in the same way human sperm does.

Appearance: At only five feet tall, this creature could be considered small of stature.  A smaller size has actually been quite beneficial to it, allowing it to hide with greater ease.

Ixilthuth has the appearance of some sort of chimerical creature. The left "arm", if one can call it that, is more like a round orb upon the left shoulder with multiple holes in it. He is able to deploy up to six very strong tentacles, up to a distance of twelve feet; he is also capable of retracting them inside the pauldron-esque "orb", to keep them safe. These tentacles are good for not only grabbing things, but also aid in swimming, in a somewhat obtuse fashion.  Suction cups on the end allow him to hold onto objects.

The right arm is quite human, but hypertrophied; even when standing at full height, his arm is long enough to touch the ground, though it is typically kept braced along his stomach. The hands have two inch long, knife-like talons, which are good for ripping and tearing. Long fingers (between  eight and ten inches) have far more muscles and bones than a human could ever have, giving the creature a high degree of dexterity, and also endowing it the ability to handle very large objects.

Ixilthuth's legs are far more uniform and utilitarian in design. Thick and powerfully built, like a racing horse, they are, however, distinctly human in shape. Leather-like skin along the bottom of his feet allow him to shrug off the pain of traversing rough terrain, or things like broken glass. Tendons in the legs are possessed of an extreme elasticity, which allows for greater-than-human jumping.

The upper and lower chest of Ixilthuth is distinctly human in shape and size, and very athletically built; very sleek and angular. The head is semi-human in shape, being somewhat smaller. He is possessed of three eyes, two in the area where a human's would be, and a third slightly above and between the two (center of forehead). These eyes contain nictitating membranes, which protect against dust and irritants, and enable him to go several minutes without blinking.  His eyes are also capable of seeing well in low-light conditions, but as a consequence, the creature is dazzled and blinded by bright lights.

Three horns jut out from the forehead, and curve around it, creating a sort of armoring.

Over all, Ixilthuth's skin is obsidian black in color, which allows him to blend into darkened areas quite well. Even the horns, despite being made of bone, are black in color.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vaulera

I would be fine with a giant being twenty feet tall or slightly shorter, might be interesting and hold up the lore certainly.

schnookums

Name: Khell
Race: Faun
Disposition: Tries to be serious, but often her original nature takes control and she reverts to her more playful self.
Background:
For many decades Khell had been content with living the life of a faun...as carefree an existence as one can have. There was little to discern one day from the next for her, and she was fine with that sort of life. But nothing good can last forever, and things started to grow dark and troubled in the forest where she made her home. Many of her people simply tried to retreat further, to move to places where they could continue their lives unmolested, but these troubles brought out an unusual side of her, and she felt that instead of ignoring the world that something should be done. Possessing natural talent as a woodswoman, as well as time spent studying with the elves purely as a whim before, allowed her to be a reasonably formidable ranger. She hates causing harm or taking a life, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't try if she felt it necessary. But sometimes her original nature gets the best of her, leaving her distracted to the tasks at hand.

Ghostraven

Fantasy Female Character Sheet

Name: Meabh Winterrose

Race: Black Frost Fairy (Xeadas Dubh Sidhe)

Disposition:  Meabh Winterrose is a young Winter Sidhe. She can be a conceited, wanton, capricious girl who is manipulative, much like the rest of the Winter Court. However she like all fairies she tends to reflect the emotions of those around her.

History: Meabh is one of the few remaining Sidhe in the realm most have withdrawn to beyond the veil. She has so far decided to stay in the mortal realm fascinated by mortals and their antics. She has spent the last few seasons in the village distracted by the number of supernatural creatures that have made the village home.
Her normal height is 5'7" tall she has the ability to shrink down to 6 inches in height and of course fly with her iridescent wings.
She has magical abilities over cold and ice. Cold iron interferes with her magic and iron manacles would prevent her form using any magic and she can not escape an iron cage.

Appearance:

http://s50.radikal.ru/i130/0903/60/3f372393882d.jpg

Lisa2lady

Name:  Maya Fallden   Race: human/water nymph
Disposition: Maya is a sweet, kind hearted young woman but she has a short, ugly temper and an attitude just as ugly. She usually uses her wit and attitude to mask her fears. 

History: Maya grew up in a little harbor city off the cost. She did not know much about her mother only what fables her father told her during his drunk fits. Some days she was a beautiful young woman other days she was a heartless siren.  She hides her true self from the mortal world. Its because of her father and her need to help others that she stays in the mortal world. Mayas father is a doctor and has taught her plenty of things about medicine and illnesses. As a result she has become his apprentice traveling to neighboring cities helping the refugees and those in need. When she was not playing doctor she spends most of her free time in the water dancing under the moonlight enjoying the little things life has to offer.

Appearance: Maya is 5,5 in her mortal form.  When in deep water (like the ocean, rivers, lake) she can liquefy her body to adapt to the water.  Her greatest weakness is fire and anything over 80 degrees. When she is away from water to long or becomes overheated. she becomes sick and weak her skin starts to dry out and turns flaky. When around water it depends on her mood she can change into a mermaid type creature. Blue and purple scales wrap around her legs all the way down to her feet that stretch out to fish like fins.   

LordLuck

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 21, 2012, 04:26:27 PM
Being tripped up, tied down with ropes, and then her captors having their way with her, for a start. :P

Still, I suppose it would be better to make her a bit smaller...  Say, the average human being comes up to roughly her knees, for height?  That'd be about 20 feet tall, I think...

Hmm. Just as a matter of comenting... She could be 'smaller' than that, maybe standing at 4 or 5 meters tall. Would make her small enough to play 'neatly' with larger monsters such as M'Gul the Minotaur, and the same dynamics between her and smaller monsters, such as the Satyrs, could still be explored - like tripping and such.

Just an idea!! ;)
Mourning.

MzHyde

Hmm. Needs more monsters! Then again, you can never have too many monsters.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Well, I do have an idea for an evil sorceress sent along with a troupe of orcs by the king to keep him informed of the demon army's progress.  Between the troupe of orcs and a variety of polymorph spells and other enchantments she'd know, I think she could make things rather interesting for a couple of girls at once...

Trafalgar

WIP

Name: Barus
Race: Demon
Ambition: Barus wants nothing more than a decent mate, one he can keep forever or until they grow frail and old. He wishes to his own spawn, mainly for loyal servants and food supply should he need it.
History: After being summoned Barus has being eyeing the woodland for a while, he has spied upon many young beings he deems suitable to carry his seed. Before being summoned, Barus was known for being a cowardly being in the abyss, always looked down upon among his kind. Every fight he would run from, fearing death, and would get back at his enemies from the shadows and earning him a untrustworthy reputation.
In his short time on this world he has stalked the forests, hunting and raping without restraint, upon discovering the village he has joined the assault to take it and with it take one of the inhabitants to be his child-bearer.
Disposition: Barus is a calm creature, he is quick to calculate situations and never runs into a fight blind. He lives by one philosophy "He who runs away lives to fight another day!" these words have done more than save his life in a fight, he applies it to everything and is the reason he is still alive. He is prone to betray his allies also if he deems them useless, something which happens quickly after an initial meeting.
Method of Reproduction: Impregnation
Barus' seed is like acid to somebodies insides, it burns for hours and the carrier can feel it sliding through their innards, until it reaches the target and fertilises the egg. The infant inside will take three months to fully develop, the whole process is agonising for the host as the foetuses are aggressive, often ending up killing one another whilst growing. When in labour the host will be in for a shock as the infants will try to claw their way out, rather than waiting for their mother to push, most of the time the mother will survive but will be horribly scarred both physically and mentally, if they die however they will serve as a good first meal for the new borns.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Vaulera

Okay, I take issue with the titan on a few levels, some of which are spelling errors. Spelling aside, I think you rewrote the lore in the process of creating this character, for example, if they lived in the planes of fire, why would demons, members of the abyss, go out of their way to kill them, they wouldn't even have a way to get to them, beings of that nature have to be summoned from their realm. Another issue I have is with him making alliances with the humans, there was no mention of the monsters having human contact, they are summoned, they are left, if they turn they are banished, no more on that line. I feel like if they imprisoned him in magma and he didn't die, he doesn't fit in this sort of universe, this is closer to dungeons and dragons than it is to any one culture's mythos. Playing as a being from another plane is completely fine, just don't make any assumptions based on the lore of history, the idea that he couldn't reproduce with anyone smaller sort of defeats the purpose of this roleplay, albeit I am guessing you said that keeping in mind we had a giantess. If he had a grudge against demons, literally every other player in this roleplay would gangbeat your character to death, being demons. Just some things to change.

I'm not terribly sure about the faun, but it seems pretty good, so I'll accept it. In regards to the naiad or water nymph, we really already have an elf, which covers the regular humanoid base pretty well, not to mention a shifter. Her only unique characteristics are directly linked with water, which I guess is okay, but something appearing a little different would be nice. The fairy is solid, accepted.

Trafalgar

Spelling errors? I have spell checked it before submission and my computer has auto-correct. But I see your point, is there any lore you have that would help? I was thinking of making a completely different character anyway, somewhat more 'efficient' shall we say.

New character coming up soon.
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Occident

Would it be possible to play as a mist? Seems about as far from a humanoid as one could get.

schnookums

I do know the faun was given approval, but if you are unsure of her I can play something else...it was just a bit of odd inspiration that gave me the idea.

Jarod1

I'm interested being a part of this, if there is still room. 

Diingo

I'd say I'm also interested and I got a monster in mind ;) If there is still room, I'd love to make a char as soon as I can.

Vaulera

Spelling errors in regards to homonyms, you bare your fangs, you bear your children. I couldn't tell you any sort of lore that would assist you because I wasn't even operating under the assumption that A: Titans existed and B: That they lived outside of the material plane or any such thing. Their nature is one completely linked to greek mythology, whereas ours is closer linked to European and Asian mythology.

If by mist you mean a Valkyrie? I myself am actually from Denmark, and that seems pretty darn close to a human, just with armor on.

There is indeed still room, but if I take issue with your character, obviously, I will ask for revision. On the matter of the Faun, I only take issue because the part being raped is sorta furry, like, goat furry, but the upper body isn't, it just seems a little strange, because their lower bodies aren't anthropomorphous at all. So really, it would just be sex with a goat.

MzHyde

My vote is always for more monsters!

Quote from: Vaulera on June 22, 2012, 06:54:32 PM
There is indeed still room, but if I take issue with your character, obviously, I will ask for revision. On the matter of the Faun, I only take issue because the part being raped is sorta furry, like, goat furry, but the upper body isn't, it just seems a little strange, because their lower bodies aren't anthropomorphous at all. So really, it would just be sex with a goat.

Hey, some people like anthropomorphic creatures. If no one objects, let 'em go for it.