Freeform Underdark game

Started by Lirliel, March 13, 2006, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

Here's the idea:

Setting: Underdark - Drow City of Maeralyn - House D'nachsor 9'th house
Timeline: Before Lloth's Silence

I've been looking over the idea to start my own Drow house and I've been seeing some recent intrest in people playing Drow characters, thus so the idea bubbled up in my head again (also partially to reading the Drizzt Trilogy for the sixth time :P).

I will be looking to have a house of at least Two-to-Four females (I'll be taking on the role as Matron Mother), One-to-Two boys and perhaps a Weapon Master and a Patron. You may create a Drizzt Do'urden type character but as Drizzt's life he will have it hard and his road will not be easy, so choose carefully if this is the life you wish to walk ;)

This game will thoroughly role-play the workings of the inner-house but also those inside Melee-Magthere and the other schools should one be so inclined to do, don't worry for those that wish to write 'fight' sequences you'll get plently off it considering two houses on the ruling council have been weakened so either of those will fall swiftly under the blade of house D'nachsor.

Feel free to PM me if you need some more information or just post here :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Rayve13

Sounds like fun. Consider me interested.

Lirliel

What would you consider playing then, Male/Female/Patron/Weapon Master?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Zakharra

I'm definately interested. Female priestess or a female sorceress .

Lirliel

You'll probably play Eldest Daughter then as a Priestress of Lloth.. if you don't mind that is..

Zakharra

Nope. I have no problem of being a priestess of Lolth. Yathrin or Yathtallar?

Lirliel

We'll start of with the Yathrin, considering if you'd like to roleplay becoming Yathtallar, otherwise you'll already be Yathtallar.

Btw use this Drow Translator(if you don't already), very handy: http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/

Zakharra

Xa. I have that translator bookmarked. And I'd like to play out becoming a Yathtallar.

strangely made

I could quite possibly be very slightly interested.
Either as Patron or first boy .

Don't no much about Maeralyn but I'll soon cram so I do :)

Lirliel

A bit of info on Maeralyn:

All that is known of this city is that it is some  20 miles west of Tharsult and recently  invaded Jhachalkhyn. It is probably another city that follows Lolth.

So now you know why the houses are rather weak (Seeing as 2-4 females and 2 boys + Patron and Weapon Master) doesn't equal quite a lot of strength ;)

And you'll be first boy Strangely... *Wonders if he likes to be page prince :P(j/k)*

What is your status gonna be Wizard or Fighter?

strangely made

First boy is cool, not sure about being Page Prince. It could get a bit boring staring at my feet all the time; D

Hmmmmmm wizard or warrior....seeing as I have enough trouble remembering my LaRP  incant spells I'll think I be a warrior *smile*

Oh yeah, how many slaves does the house have?

Lirliel

Hehe... thought so :P

The house has about 100 Soldiers and 70 Slaves (Every house, well.. most.., are weakened by the conquest of the settlement thus they will not have there utmost ammount of slaves/soldiers/etc.)

strangely made

Very similar to my own Drow House in Larp...one male, two females and errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 30 odd "Servants" .

Lirliel

I'm actually looking on getting at least one more female and maybe a patron or a secondboy

Which will give a solid base of power in any city, One High priestress of Lloth and a priestress of Lloth, A elderboy (You want to be a Melee-Magthere master?) and maybe one Wizard or another priestress of Lloth to further consolidate our base of power.

Hmm... *Gets the creeping feeling she's taking Matron Malice's way of thinking* (Power above anything!)

strangely made

arrrrrrrrrrr got me there, not sure what Melee-Magthere master is  :-[

And from what I've read on Matron Malice she's Matron to drool after  ;)

Lirliel

A fighter master, your given a 'position' as a Master of the school of fighting, offcourse you could be starting out as a starting fighter (though that would greatly diminsh the power of the house... *glares at her Matron Malice mind :P*)

And indeed Matron Malice is a great Matron... even if she is a little power hungry ;)
But for now she'll be who I'll take lessons from (As I said, I'm reading The Dark Elf Trilogy again for the sixth time and again enjoying the book :D)

strangely made

Wouldn't make much sense to be just  starting out as a fighter , I'd have thought elderboy would be fairly well trained  (even if he learnt secretly to protect himself from his younger brother)
How about competent fighter working towards Melee-Magthere ?

Lirliel

Hmm, a half year from graduation would place you in the care of your sister at the temple of Lloth, learning the powers that they wield, and also you would see your sister's arrival into the high priesthood... sound good? After that you would be a fighter graduated with honors from Melee-Magthere, thus a fighter master.

Ps, I would protect yourself from your brother.. after all I might choose to roleplay him... and be sure.. I'm a good backstabber :P

strangely made

Sounds cool , and I never have my back to any one  :P

Lirliel

Rayve13

Quote from: Lirliel on March 13, 2006, 06:38:07 AM
What would you consider playing then, Male/Female/Patron/Weapon Master?
Just about any of the above. I'm happy to wait and see what would prove interesting or helpful for scenario building, but my stock characters for Underdark are:
- A lower house male 'adopted' into the family for his fighting ability (possibly a weapons master, possibly just a skilled guard). Completely amoral with other males, but enthralled by females (as is proper).
- A younger daughter eager to earn a place in the eyes of Lolth

I could also play a wizard, since it seems the house is currently lacking one.

Sorry for the response delay, work and sleep blocked me.

Lirliel

- A lower house male 'adopted' into the family for his fighting ability (possibly a weapons master, possibly just a skilled guard). Completely amoral with other males, but enthralled by females (as is proper).

I'll take the second one, a mixture of Skilled Guard (Light weapon-master and Patron heavy?) at least if that's good for you.. we need another strong male ;)

But if need be.. I might ask you to play a priestress of Lloth

So far we have four positions filled in my eyes 1 Female (Zahkarra), 1 Male (Strangely), 1 Patron/weapon - Master (Ravye13)

Just need another Female and maybe another male and we can get started ;)

Rayve13

That's fine with me. He's traditionally something of a brute for a dark elf, at least physically. His prefered weapon is the trident (taken from a sahaugin chieftan), but I've also run him as an axe fighter, or could switch up to any type of weapon necessary. I just like him with unusual weapons  :)

He also only has one eye. The other has been replaced with an eye patch holding a single fire opal that's been enchanted to let him see, and see invisible creatures besides.

PhoenixBlaze

I am also interested as well. Though it has been a while since I have read that trilogy. Might need some help on a few things, memory is bad sometimes, but I would love to do it.  ;)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Lirliel

Quote from: Rayve13 on March 13, 2006, 03:00:56 PM
That's fine with me. He's traditionally something of a brute for a dark elf, at least physically. His prefered weapon is the trident (taken from a sahaugin chieftan), but I've also run him as an axe fighter, or could switch up to any type of weapon necessary. I just like him with unusual weapons  :)

He also only has one eye. The other has been replaced with an eye patch holding a single fire opal that's been enchanted to let him see, and see invisible creatures besides.

*Nods* sounds... intresting, though the seeing of invisible creatures... maybe not quite.. maybe a improved version of infravision. Don't want to 'overpowered' creatures ;)

And an axe warrior is quite agreeable with me, a trident.. bit far-fetched but I'd be willing to accept it.. though I'm not 100% how far we're from Sahaugin territory.

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 13, 2006, 03:01:42 PM
I am also interested as well. Though it has been a while since I have read that trilogy. Might need some help on a few things, memory is bad sometimes, but I would love to do it.  ;)

Sure.. I would be willing to help you with working it out. What character would you like to be then? Male/Female?

PhoenixBlaze

Hmmm I think I will go with female this time, something different for a change.  ;D

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Lirliel

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 13, 2006, 03:08:04 PM
Hmmm I think I will go with female this time, something different for a change.  ;D

Alright, you'll be second priestress of Lloth (together with Zahkarra) if that's agreeable with you?

PS, I'll be away for now.. so any questions, PM me and I'll get to them in the morning :) Thanks

Rayve13

Not a problem as far as the eye goes. It would be kinda ugly as an advantage in a drow city (he was a patroller in the original concept) with all the spying and such going on.  Tone it down as you want/need, as long as it isn't a disadvantage for him I'm pretty happy.

Same with the weapon. I may go back through the weapons books and try to find something else interesting. The character was made long ago, and so many nasty toys have been added since then  ;D

PhoenixBlaze

Lirliel

Quote from: Rayve13 on March 13, 2006, 03:12:20 PM
Not a problem as far as the eye goes. It would be kinda ugly as an advantage in a drow city (he was a patroller in the original concept) with all the spying and such going on. Tone it down as you want/need, as long as it isn't a disadvantage for him I'm pretty happy.

Same with the weapon. I may go back through the weapons books and try to find something else interesting. The character was made long ago, and so many nasty toys have been added since then ;D

Will do, the eye will just have an improved infravision spell on it (just like a real drow eye), so he'll be able to see normally. As for weapon like, just post it here what type of weapon you would like (No snake whips though, priestress ONLY) and we'll get to it ;)

Idachan

Um well, I would be intrested in playing a female wizard but I haven´t read the Trilogy or any books of the author, I guess I´d have to study the setting first.

Rayve13

Typically only males become wizards, since females are focused on being priestesses as part of the theological matriarchy that governs the drow. But, there are precidents for female spell casters.

Lirliel

@Idachan, Rayve13 is Right, most of the time females are inducted to become high priestress in the service of Lloth, males are usually reserved to be fighters or wizards. But it is indeed not completely strange for a female drow wizard to be in 'effect', she would just have to act as a male to have gotten into the school of sorcere which could cause some 'side-effect's' with Lloth.

Rayve13

To semi-advocate on Ida's behalf, could she go with private tutoring, like Baenre's daughter in "Daughter of the Drow"?

And as far as weapons, I'd like the tridaent (though it can be a drow-made version rather than a sahaugin one) or a military fork, which they would have seen duregar and/or svirfneblin using.

Zakharra

There wasa priestess that used a magical pitchfork. Shakti Hunzrin. She was Liriel Baenre's rival from the books, The Daughter of the Drow, Tangled Webs and Windwalker, of the Starlight and Shadow's series by Elaine Cunningham. Damned good books. There is also Qu'ellar (House) Xorlarrin. They are House famous for it's mages. Male and female mages. Often when a House has alot of females, the women will branch out to other classes. Most however choose, or have choosen for them, the path of Lolth and priestesses.

Rayve13

I knew I remembered the pitchfork/trident thing from somewhere! I only read "Daughter of the Drow," but it was good. The character's older than that, and I took the idea from a friend's human fighter.

Zakharra

Xas. She sort of gave up the pitchfork when she became a high priestess (Yathtallar) and got her snakewhip.

Rayve13

Yeah, she did get kinda happy over that whip, but to be fair they are damn cool.

Zakharra

*nods. petting her snakewhip*

indarkestknight

Considering.... but... is it all Drow? Truthfully? While I can do evil and manipulative, I just prefer nicer characters. Perhaps a non-drow slave that was recently captured? Would a male aasimar necromancer be acceptable? (If we were using the alignment system, he'd be Lawful Good. Old character of mine I'm rather fond of.)

Zakharra

Drow = evil.   Lolth priestesses= VERY evil.    Male assimar necronamcer= sacrifice to Lolth.

Zaer Darkwail

I would be intrested, I had toughts to play a male wizard/psion (you know the special PrC which combines arcane and psion studies? My char is that). Of course if we have female wizard, then we both are likely rivals but in sense I am 'superior' to her in Sorcerer thanks just being male student and plus I have some edge towards most other casters thanks for having psionic tricks ;).

Anycase, in heritage wise my char is matron mother's deceased sister's oldest son (sister which was killed century or two ago when present matron taked over the house after her mother died naturally knife on her back). Would our matron mother mind if I would be house leading mage and personal advisor (advisor I mean that matron sometimes ASKS a opinion from me and she asks most often from me)?

strangely made

Hmmmmm non drow slave??? your character could have very interesting life ( Short but interesting) Glabrezubane.

Strife

I’d be happy to play, alas however, I have read neither the books nor know of where they can be bought/read?  ???

Strife, however was originally meant to be drow ...
"Those who embody defiance, Shall meet with a deadly fatigue"

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Sexual Standing: Dominant (Although i dont mind playing sub)
Limits: site limits, guy/guy.

Idachan

I was thinking a bit on the line of odd one out, perhaps she could be Zaer´s apprentice if he is leading mage for the house? A girl definently not priestess material but the house puts up with her because of her talent that Zaer is supposed to hone and train.

strangely made

Strife, I've only read one of the Novels. most of my knowlege comes from tabletop and LaRP ..I'm sure you could quickly pick up the idea.

Come play Drow ...join the dark side. :)

PhoenixBlaze

Alright I'm confused a little. I get priestesses can have snakewhips as weapon, but can they have anything else? I might have to reread the books again, for the houses and what not.

Lirliel

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 14, 2006, 09:50:33 AM
Alright I'm confused a little. I get priestesses can have snakewhips as weapon, but can they have anything else? I might have to reread the books again, for the houses and what not.

As you can read, Briza (Malice's daughter) had a mace as well as a weapon. Plus most drow women are trained fiercely in both mental domination spells, summoning spells and damage spells creating a rather vicious clerical type of character ;)

Quote from: Idachan on March 14, 2006, 04:30:11 AM
I was thinking a bit on the line of odd one out, perhaps she could be Zaer´s apprentice if he is leading mage for the house? A girl definently not priestess material but the house puts up with her because of her talent that Zaer is supposed to hone and train.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 14, 2006, 03:10:34 AM
I would be intrested, I had toughts to play a male wizard/psion (you know the special PrC which combines arcane and psion studies? My char is that). Of course if we have female wizard, then we both are likely rivals but in sense I am 'superior' to her in Sorcerer thanks just being male student and plus I have some edge towards most other casters thanks for having psionic tricks ;).

Anycase, in heritage wise my char is matron mother's deceased sister's oldest son (sister which was killed century or two ago when present matron taked over the house after her mother died naturally knife on her back). Would our matron mother mind if I would be house leading mage and personal advisor (advisor I mean that matron sometimes ASKS a opinion from me and she asks most often from me)?

@ Zaer, Ida-chan

I would consider the choice for a drow female wizard open then, perhaps you (Zaer) could tweak your character a little to play as a part-time patron as well. It would have enough effects, a Matron mother as your bedmate plus being a master in sorcere makes your character pretty vicious to deal with. As long as he's drow I'm cool with it ;)

@ Ravye13, at least that is if you want to become full time weapon master, otherwise you will stay to half/half like you are now. Ps, using a war-trident is quite ok. I've reviewed the idea and Baerne's son in The Dark Elf Trilogy used a spear, so a trident wouldn't be so far fetched.

Quote from: Glabrezubane on March 13, 2006, 11:00:49 PM
Considering.... but... is it all Drow? Truthfully? While I can do evil and manipulative, I just prefer nicer characters. Perhaps a non-drow slave that was recently captured? Would a male aasimar necromancer be acceptable? (If we were using the alignment system, he'd be Lawful Good. Old character of mine I'm rather fond of.)

Well.. that would limit him to being tortured and being sacrificed to Lloth pretty darn fast, pretty sure that's not what you want. As we'll be playing mostly Drow, offcourse you COULD make him a lawfull good drow (Drizzt) but as said in the opening post do not count on your life to be a piece of cake *Smirk*

Quote from: Strife on March 14, 2006, 04:16:50 AM
I’d be happy to play, alas however, I have read neither the books nor know of where they can be bought/read?  ???

Strife, however was originally meant to be drow ...

(Forgot your post.. silly me)

Hmm, I'm sure we can help you along quite well. You can start out as secondboy, which would result in a slightly less 'pressing' appointment in the family then Elderboy.

Any more questions, feel free to ask. Ps, thanks for all whom have already answered some of the pending questions... sure you'll make house D'nachsor very.. 'intresting' ;)

PhoenixBlaze

When are we going to start it? Now that I have sit here and read all this it's bugging me to get going.  ;D ;)

Lirliel

Well if everyone would post there initial characters here I'd get a pretty good view of what everyone would like to be.

Name:
Race:
History:
Place in Drow Society (House and City):

Soulsemmer

If you'd have me, I'd love to join in. You know how I ove you and Drow, Lir-kins. ^^
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Lirliel on March 14, 2006, 11:23:36 AM
@ Zaer, Ida-chan

I would consider the choice for a drow female wizard open then, perhaps you (Zaer) could tweak your character a little to play as a part-time patron as well. It would have enough effects, a Matron mother as your bedmate plus being a master in sorcere makes your character pretty vicious to deal with. As long as he's drow I'm cool with it ;)

I would not mind to be one of the masters in Sorcerer :D. Whit pretty (and skilled what he gives credit for) female drow apprentice which my char subtly torments (not going out too much of the matriarchal order setting to be obvious) more than what is normal standard for a male apprentice XD. I also have read alot drow novels, even including the War of Spider Queen series (WARMLY recomend any evil drow lovers!). Anycase here comes my char description;

Name: Mae'Dir
Race: Drow (psionic)
Description: A frail bodied mithral masked master of Sorcere who also haves red psionic focusing crystals attached into his masks. Expert at use both arcane and psionics and well melding the two arts of the mind together into a horrible weapon and tool in cunning drow mind whit ambittious will. Whitout mask haves horrible burned scars in his face and despite muscularity or handsomness of athlete Mae'Dir is well skilled in his hands and also knows a trick or two what normal gladiatorial handsome drow male fighters do not know in bed....
History: Mae'Dir borned as houseless bastard child who was dumped into streets as garbage, he had harsh survival contest whit the smaller humanoids like goblins when he was mere kid in the stench streets. But these harsh condittions borned his starting psionic gifts which a master of Sorcere taked a note and so calledly then adopted the curiously inteligent child. In end Mae'Dir was tutorlaged free by his harsh taskmaster, who jealously once burned his handsome face whit arcane acid once because a female drow said he was cute (more cute than his mentor).

Over time Mae'Dir surpassed his mentors skills thanks his psionic gifts increasing in alarming rate after puberty age, he kept it secret and his master only saw his lesser progress in arcane. But soon Mae'Dir used combination of psionics and wizard's craft to kill his mentor and take his place as master of Sorcere. But over time his arcane skills soon matched to his position and well over it, and he is especially deadlier thanks to his spontaneous gift in psionics which gives access to abilities what wizard can only dream. But outside Sorcere tower he is houseless castless wretch, so he haves no politicall protection nor leverage in drow society and it's politics at all. Mae'Dir needs some house connection to even ever dream to get seat of Archmage of Sorcere so he haves keen intrests to severall houses who would welcome a skilled mage as 'adopted' member of the house.

Place in Drow Society (House and City): Mae'Dir is a Master of Sorcere, he is one of the masters who mentor Sorcere students and who are trusted whit delicated tasks or projects gived by archmage. Outside Sorcere he is castless and houseless drow.

Rayve13

Name: Vierdril D'nachsor

Race: Drow

Description: Fairly large by drow standards, Vierdril stands about four inches taller than average and probably weighs forty pounds more. His left eye has been replaced with a patch that is magically sealed over his empty socket. The patch is mostly adamantine, with a large fire opal set in the middle. He has a short scar running from under the patch, looking vaguely like a tear of scar tissue. Beyond that, he is as handsome as any drow. He keeps his hair pulled back, and is typically dressed in scale armor with the symbol of House D'nachsor emblazoned on the pauldrons. He is darkly handsome, with an air of calculated avarice.

History: Vierdril is not of House D'nachsor by birth. His original house was defeated and destroyed as part of the constant shifting of alliances among the Houses, leaving him without a house. He probably would have been killed as well, had he not established himself as one of the most promising warriors Melee-Magthere, having just taken an instructing position after completing his own training. He was taken in by House D'nachsor after some “debate” among houses, an unusual sitatuion for a male to be in. Still, he appreciates House D'nachsor’s boost to his station, and has proven quite loyal to them. He is rather lusting overall, but quite in control of his emotions and desires at all times. He knows that his support would be invaluable in House politics, and he uses this to enjoy the favors of those wanting his aid, male or female (though he favors females). He tends to accentuate his size, both for intimidation and to fool them into thinking he is little more than a brute.

Place in Drow Society (House and City): House D'nachsor Weaponsmaster, city of Maeralyn. He also serves as a master at Melee-Magthere. but he spends as much time as he can away from there, working for the good of the house in various ways.

indarkestknight

Quote from: strangely made on March 14, 2006, 03:46:19 AM
Hmmmmm non drow slave??? your character could have very interesting life ( Short but interesting) Glabrezubane.

Likely. Though his great understanding of necromancy might save his neck... might...

Idachan

Name: Faer' Ylenexyra (I googled for drow names and used a generator, tell me if it´s inappropriate)
Description: Faer'Ylenexyra appears to have never seen a mirror, her clothes are usually quite fine but mixed as if she just reached into her coffers and pulled out something by chance and her silky white hair usually stands in all directions, badly needing a comb at times. A lab accident rendered her hair an uneven chin lenght as it is currently growing out and have been neglected for quite some time. Apart from that Faer'Ylenexyra is as beautiful as a Matron could take pride in, her skin lustrious and her eyes brilliantly red. There is something of a cold softness in her features, her body very lithe due to years of arcane studies but youthfully supple with flesh enough to give her an hourglass shape only slighter than most.
History: Though most would consider Faer'Ylenexyra "soft" and lacking ambition, that´s far from the truth. Her amibtions lay in the field of knowledge and magic prowess which she has plenty, with the right guidance she could reach very far which her House has aknowledged. Loyal to the Matron Faer'Ylenexyra sincerely believe that her aquiring of power can further the House´s standing and she stubbornly pursues that power, neglecting politics and pleasure at the same time.
Place in Drow Society (House and City): Um House D'nachsor right?

PhoenixBlaze

I need help with a name, and what house is it?  :-\

PhoenixBlaze

strangely made

Here you go, if there is anything that needs changing let me know and I'll have a fiddle. Then I'll change the description.

Name: Jiv'undus D'nachsor

Description: Physically small even for a male, Jiv’undus has great ambitions for both himself and the house. He keep’s his hair long and always plated with a slim face he could be considered handsome if not for the slightly nervous look always in his pale amber eyes. Fiercely loyal to his  Mother, Jiv’undus constantly plot’s against the other females especially the priestess’s of Loth who he sees as being in his rightful position.  Jiv’undus’s constant desire and need is to be female and what little time he has when he is not on house business is devoted to finding skilled mages to research any spell’s that may enable him to gain the female body he feel’s that Loth denied him. Jiv’undus does not hate Loth for this instead he sees it as a test that the Spider Goddess has given him to prove he is worthy.

History:  Raised from birth as Elder boy Jiv’undus has lived constantly in his sisters shadow which he despises them for. Having no interest in the mages art he instead has devoted his time to learning the skill of a fighter and trains constantly, honing and perfecting his skills. His taste in bed partners drift’s towards males and quite often he order’s the most handsome slaves to share his bed. Now he is with his sister in Loth’s temple his hatred for her grows by the day and his plotting to gain the female body he needs and to dispose of any females who stand in his way as High priestess is taking up most of his time.

Place in Drow Society (House and City): Elder boy, Student at Melee-Magthere

Lirliel

Quote from: Soulsemmer on March 14, 2006, 04:20:26 PM
If you'd have me, I'd love to join in. You know how I ove you and Drow, Lir-kins. ^^

Hmm, feel free to make a character as indicated, I would love another priestress perhaps.

Strife

Then, What of my house/society? *feels lost*  :-[

Zakharra

Name: Mayae D'Nachsor
Description: Mayae is a extremely beautiful woman. She is average height for her sex, 5'2", with the rapacious senseous beaty most females have. Her hair is a silky silver/white waterfall that falls to the small of her back. It's usually swept up in various different styles. Wether a simple ponytail or a elaborate  arrangement. She has sharply upswept ears that poke up similar to fiendish horns. Along the edge of her ears hang earcuffs and earrings.  Mayae's face has wide cheekbones that fall to a delicate chin. Large red eyes and a full mouth complete her face. Her skin has the sheen of youth and health, seeming to be soft satin.
Mayae's body is lith and richly curved. She has full rounded breasts (a full C-cup), a slender waist and full hips  and long slim legs.  Her clothing is of the finest silks, wools and linens. She dresses to impress.

History: She's the 1st Daughter of her House and has been dilligent in climbing her way of the slippry ladder of Lolth's clergy and has finally, after many years, nearly reached the level of power to step from Yathrin to Yathtallar.
Place in Drow Society (House and City): First Daughter of Qu'ellar D'Nachsor, of Maeralyn

Lirliel

Quote from: Strife on March 15, 2006, 05:31:57 PM
Then, What of my house/society? *feels lost*  :-[

Well your house/society would be D'Nachsor and you would be second boy to the house (D'Nachsor) and you could choose your own path, Fighter or Wizard

PhoenixBlaze

Alright I've got everything else done. i just need a name!  :'( :(

Lirliel

Strife

Name: Vlos D'nachsor

Description: Being of quite small stature and build, Vlos is more athletic rather than brute, his weight is limited and he tends to dress himself in leather and light, less protected fabrics. Hair is un-commonly short, cutting off just below the shoulders, like wise he has little desire of hair bands and the like, hence his hair is always free and tends to be quite frail at times. Notably he shows a disliking for his elder brother, and really doesn’t show any affection to anyone other than his mother, to whom he frantically protects. 

History: Having been born second to his elder brother, he feels eternally ashamed, longing more than anything to be rid of his sibling. Taking up the rod over the sword, to justify his hate for his elder, he wishes only to excel his brother’s expectations and become the ‘true’ valued son of the house. On the contrary, his personal tastes fall far from the orchard, preferring women to men, unlike his weak, worthless brother

Place in Drow Society (House and City): Second Boy, Wizard.

Lirliel

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=187.0

That's where the game's situated, note the game starts on monday, but feel free to post in the ooc and character details thread ;)

PhoenixBlaze

Name: Sabrae D'Nachsor

Description: Sabrae is quite a unique female drow. Born with gorgeous looks, she has a curvy and luscious figure that drives males wild. Her hair is a shining white, that falls just past her shoulders. Dark skinned, with large almost translucent silver eyes. A full chest and smooth flat stomach, she is a creature of beauty rarely seen. She stands 5'3", average for a female drow. Soft and innocent facial features, with sharp cheekbones, and full pouty lips. Her ears are pointed at the ends, and stick out slightly off her head. Sabrae has a habit of wearing form fitting clothes, that show off her shapely body very well.

History: She is the second daughter of the house of D'Nachsor, and also a great priestess, with high skills in magic. Quite the tease and playful at times, but don't be fooled by this, she can be very vindictive and very cruel. Not as much into the clergy as her sister, but still dedicated to her mother, and a good show for their house.

Place in Drow Society (House and City) Second daughter of Qu'ellar D' Nachsor of Maeralyn.

Zaer Darkwail

Uh, just note that third child, may it be female or male child, is automatically sacraficed to Lolth and I recall our DM/matron have already named that she birthed firstly daughter then son near after that. So second daughter would have been sacraficed (or second son). Or was the rule only for each third son and daughters in return were immune to this rule?

Lirliel

I think that rule only was for Males that where birthed thirdly, after all in the books House Do'urden had more then three females.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I think so do. It can be clarified easily by naming each of the daughters whit numberical order. I have not read the dark elf trilogy quite some time so my memory is murky but I recall only two older women and then rest were relatively very young and anew in Lolth priestesshood. Also in the first book chapter it is said is it 'third child' or 'third male child' which are sacraficed.

strenoth

Oh, tempting idea.. I like sexy drowesses. :)

hmm, but I'm not coming up with much. Well, I take that back. How about a drow soulknife-type? Um. But doing what?

Perhaps, a bit of a rogue. In a position to not belong to one house, hiring out services. Add in a touch of Incarnum, and this coudl be a very cool character. and yes, no stats, but when playing in a setting like this, like to remember to stay wiht in a range of abilities. :)

I think.. where I'd like to go woudl involve him learnign his proper place in a matriarchal society. I haven;t really tried anythign like that long term, so I'm very interested in that sort of storyline at the moment. So since that's my interest, any of you ladies interested in being the one to teach him? :) I think I'd like to know that there was some solid interest in that sub plot before I commited to the game

Assumign youa re still accepting players that is.

BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

Zakharra

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 22, 2006, 03:22:45 PM
Uh, just note that third child, may it be female or male child, is automatically sacraficed to Lolth and I recall our DM/matron have already named that she birthed firstly daughter then son near after that. So second daughter would have been sacraficed (or second son). Or was the rule only for each third son and daughters in return were immune to this rule?

Umm where do you get that information? Just because it's in the books about Drizzt, does not mean that it is done for every House. It's only mentioned that one time. I've sen no other sources that say that the 3rd child (female or male) is automatically sacrificed. It that was true, that would severely cut down on the number of nobles any house could have to 5. The Matron mother, her Patron, and three children. In Menzoberranzan, both House Faen tlabbar and Baenre would be seriosuly weakened, sicne both Matron mothers are very prolific breeders and have 9+ children, living.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it can be house specific tradition or 'recomended' tradition to keep on terms whit Lolth. But of course after third child have been killed, of course any following are counted as fourth, fifth etc. But in some cases recent death in family may save the third child's life, like in Drizzt case when his older brother was murdered by the second son in exact same moment when Drizzt was birthed.

Zakharra

I'm not sure Lolth would want every 3rd son killed. That weakens the race over all and prevents the intense competition that She desires and loves so much. She wants and needs all of the children Her drow can breed since there is such a high death rate.

strenoth

ack, I had some hideous typos in my last post. Memo to me: use preview, especially when tired.
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Zakharra on March 23, 2006, 08:43:20 AM
I'm not sure Lolth would want every 3rd son killed. That weakens the race over all and prevents the intense competition that She desires and loves so much. She wants and needs all of the children Her drow can breed since there is such a high death rate.

Yes, she values competittion, deadly serious competittion so that she gets toughest and most cunning souls to her in afterlife whatever plans she haves for them. But she also encourages cruelty and also gambling, killing third son is weakening act for the house and that gambling shows prowess how house fares when it is somewhat diminished slightly. She even herself gambled alot in War of Spider Queen to become greater goddess and she is goddess of chaos so the act itself does not need any logicall explanation or purpose. Also this tests mettle of the mother that is she storng enough name execution newborn baby whatever pains she had endured to bear and birth the child to just sacrafice it to the Lolth.

Zakharra

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 23, 2006, 08:52:51 AM
Yes, she values competittion, deadly serious competittion so that she gets toughest and most cunning souls to her in afterlife whatever plans she haves for them. But she also encourages cruelty and also gambling, killing third son is weakening act for the house and that gambling shows prowess how house fares when it is somewhat diminished slightly. She even herself gambled alot in War of Spider Queen to become greater goddess and she is goddess of chaos so the act itself does not need any logicall explanation or purpose. Also this tests mettle of the mother that is she storng enough name execution newborn baby whatever pains she had endured to bear and birth the child to just sacrafice it to the Lolth.

Since I have only heard of it in the one book the one time, unless someone can find a source for me, I'll concider it a rare thing.