Serenity/Firefly Game Using the RISUS Rules

Started by RubySlippers, May 02, 2007, 05:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Can someone run a game with FREE rules that are easy and anyone can get based in the Serenity/Firefly Universe- RISUS. I can't afford the rpg rules and would rather keep the entire thing simple if I play in such a game. There seems to be fans of the genre here and the RISUS rules are free on the internet and easy to use I don't see why it would be so diffiult to find a GM.

If anyone will I want to play a Companion they are so cool.  ;D

Lovelynice

I've never heard of those rules before, hmmm.... I'll look into it as I like the Serenity/Firefly universe.

I have the Serenity RPG, if you want to use that instead. At least it was made for the game...

Can't make any guarantees though
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

RubySlippers

Well RISUS is free and the core rules are around 15 pages and can be used literally for any sort of game, I don't like using rules I don't actually have access to for a game and will not do a pure freeform game since there is not any way to resolve conflicts apart from the GM saying so. A game with no rules is not a game to me.

Lovelynice

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 03, 2007, 05:26:12 AM
Well RISUS is free and the core rules are around 15 pages and can be used literally for any sort of game, I don't like using rules I don't actually have access to for a game and will not do a pure freeform game since there is not any way to resolve conflicts apart from the GM saying so. A game with no rules is not a game to me.

Okay, I've downloaded it and I found somebody else's RISUS version of the Firefly/Serenity universe.

Give me a few days to become familiar with the rules.

By the way, what sort of things do you want to do? I presume an erotic adult version of the Firefly setting, but what else, and how far do you want to go?
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

RubySlippers

Depending I was hoping not for a one-on-one maybe a Companion but didn't want to play alone. That's no fun and more people opens up more options.

Astalinnon

If you are looking for more characters, I LOVE the idea of a Serenity/Firefly game that has some structured rules to it... That is, if you are accepting applications =D

Lovelynice

Quote from: Astalinnon on June 13, 2007, 02:33:55 AM
If you are looking for more characters, I LOVE the idea of a Serenity/Firefly game that has some structured rules to it... That is, if you are accepting applications =D

I'm slowly getting set up. I'm not sure I'll use RISUS because although it's not bad, it's not entirely suited for online. Maybe I'll use a hybrid of RISUS and something else. Anyway, I have been collecting lots of data and ideas.

What sort of game do you two want? How much focus on the erotic?
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

RubySlippers

Any rules are fine just make sure I have some sort of cheat sheet available free on-line or something.

Ummmm I don't know everyone has their likes I alwayed like Niska maybe I could play his daughter trained at the new border Companion School. Could lay up the differences between the core and border training and selectiveness as in core works think I'm not nearly good enough. And my character like most thinks those Grand ladies have no clue how to run business in the border properly. lol

(Inara would be an exception to the rule.)

Tawny

I might be interested in joining, though am only moderately familiar with with Serenity (from watching the show a few times and the movie).  I am not familiar with RISUS so would need some education in the rules.

Astalinnon

Quote from: Lovelynice on June 21, 2007, 09:15:56 AM
I'm slowly getting set up. I'm not sure I'll use RISUS because although it's not bad, it's not entirely suited for online. Maybe I'll use a hybrid of RISUS and something else. Anyway, I have been collecting lots of data and ideas.

What sort of game do you two want? How much focus on the erotic?

I'm up for anything, as long as it isn't 100% story or 100% erotic, I'm good.

CirclMastr

I'm not familiar with RISUS, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go.  I'm moderately familiar with the universe (having seen the movie and eight or so episodes) so hopefully I won't need toomuch explained to me.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Muse

People keep telling me that Trinity has something in common with Firefly, so I thouhgt I'd look around here to see if anyone was intrested in my game? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)