St. Arcadia Academy (See new interest check for application)

Started by NileGoddess, November 09, 2011, 12:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

I checked for younger Yoruichi pick but she simply has the same mature look even in manga or anime past self. In past she simply had shorter hair and wore shinigami uniform.

Haibane

I'm completely confused about the reason Evelyn is at St Arcadia, it all seems very convoluted and I got lost quickly.

Evelyn's mother and father divorced because of his gambling and debts. Who ran the dojo then? Her mother? The aunt talked to Evelyn's estranged father who had someone burn down the dojo? Who did that? The Yakuza or the Morimotos? And why does burning down a family business help a man in debt with the Mafia?

And how does any of this get the Morimotos any leverage with the daughter?

Also could we lose the references to clans? Clans are groupings of numerous families and the Morimotos are not a clan but a single family. The word "clans" always makes me think of anime like Naruto and I shudder! All this talk of dojos and Yakuza and such makes this sound like a Edo-period soap opera. Any chance we could set this family in the contemporary world please?

NileGoddess

I'm not sure if I understand the connection with the Yakuza as well. It seems a little tacked on, and not really pertinent to the Morimoto family at all. Like Haibane said, I don't think 'clan' is the proper way to refer to them either. Again, it's all implied as to why she's being enrolled at St. Arcadia. There doesn't need to be a fancy story or background, it just needs to be laid out in straightforward terms. Your character won't necessarily know why they are being enrolled, but the GM and the other players will need to know.

Vergil1989

Sorry, I'll try to get it right this time.   :-[  Guess trying to stand out from the crowd a bit isn't working as well as I thought lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Zaer Darkwail

Simpleness can be more fascinating and beautiful than complexity ;). Anyways I think real problem is involving the father at all in relationship as it adds a odd loose end to the story (and involve yakuza which is element in past relationship between your char's parents). It can be simply put that your family ran dojo (MA school) got burned down, aunt who had no love for your char then sold her for Morimoto in return for cash to repair the dojo. So it is less of blackmail case and more 'got sold' case.

Vergil1989

Ok, Yakuza ties are gone, as is any mention of her old man.  Zaer had a good idea and I appreciate the help despite our past differences bud.  Maybe I was just over thinking it lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, perhaps you overthinked it too much :). Anyways I hope my suggested idea was good enough change to please Niles and get you in to the game.

Haibane

Vergil - a small tip for you. If you want to stand out from the crowd in a Japanese culture roleplay do NOT use these words in your character's bio:

dojo

clan

yakuza

katana

ninja

martial arts

shogun

"powerful family"

references to criminal activity and/or the "underworld"

And anything else related to the 19th century rather than the 21st! ;)

In effect treat a Japanese person's background like an American's. There's so much cross cultural influence now and all the Naruto-style idioms are so over used.

Unless I've been asked to fill a specific role in a game, I never bother to make any of my characters stand out, I just have ordinary white-collar people. The secret is in how appealing you make them for others to RP with, a super hyped up character bio is not appealing, trust me!

EDIT: Sorry Vergil, I'm still lost with your character.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on April 20, 2012, 05:39:44 PM...she prefers not to flaunt her body off for any personal gains and tends to cover up in loose, baggy clothes.

Besides working on her tan from time to time, Evelyn prefers staying by the pool...
These two facets of her personality I would say are incompatible. She either covers up or she's a sun worshipper, but she can't be both.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on April 20, 2012, 05:39:44 PMPurpose at Arcadia:  Evelyn Maharishi lived a somewhat quiet life in Tokyo, Japan until her aunt and single mom lost the family dojo during a fire.  While Evelyn had never shown interest in the family run business, she still took the loss as hard as the rest of her family who tried to pick up the pieces.  It was rumored it was arson but nothing was ever proven one way or the other.  Something just hadn't seemed right, but unknown to her mother let alone herself, her aunt had called in a favor, having no particular love for the young woman.  Making arrangements to sell her daughter to the clan, her aunt struck the deal without anyone being the wiser.  It was then that they got a letter in their temporary mailbox, an invite by the financial group that was run by the legendary Miromoto clan.  Evelyn thought something was a bit strange since they were willing to help get her mother and aunt back on their feet, (unaware her aunt was already getting quite a handsome reward for her work,) if they were allowed to have Evelyn herself, but she accepted the invitation with little prompting.  If they were true to their word, (and they had been,) then she would do what she had to do.  Besides, it was just a college, how bad could it be?  And besides that, she couldn't have afforded the money to go to college otherwise, so this was a good opportunity that Evelyn didn't intend to waste.
Forgive me if I seem thick, but I still do not understand most of this. Where is the compulsion for Evelyn to stay at St Arcadia? There needs to be a blackmail angle of some kind.

I don't see the motivation the aunt has. She burned down her sister's business because "she had no particular love for the young woman". Who? Her neice? Why would she burn down her sister's business because she has no love for her daughter? Its the lack of any motivation for doing that that is confusing me. You say "her aunt had called in a favour" - what favour? With whom? You are not explaining any of what's going on.

I don't get the "selling" link. Even if sold (and I don't like that idea anyway - its hardly realistic) it gives Evelyn no compulsuion to stay at St Arcadia or obey the Morimotos. In fact the opposite would be true, she'd try and get away once she found out what had happened. The game relies on the student being compelled to stay once they find out the facts.

I don't understand why the Morimotos would then write the aunt and the mother a letter offering them financial help. What's their motivation for doing that? What is this "handsome reward for her work" the aunt is getting? Who from? The whole piece now seems jumbled up and has two separate stories in it.

Why don't you scrap the whole thing, take a look at some of the other character bios where their families have been victims of their own errors (white collar fraud, etc) and do something along those lines, you know, the kinds of things that happen in the real world rather than an episode of Mission Impossible.

Can you try and spell the name of the main family in the game correctly please.

Clans = argh!

NileGoddess

I will have to agree on all of Haibane's points, Vergil. There's still that conflicting point she made about her being shy about her body, but you make the mention that she sunbathes quite a bit. This would require her to be in a swimming suit (or less) very frequently.

The selling aspect just won't work, as there's no incentive for Evelyn to do adhere to any sort of demands. It sounds like the Morimoto family was willing to help Evelyn's family rebuild, which could possibly be used as a loose form of leverage, but if anyone were to find out why Evelyn was really enrolled, it would do nothing to shield the Morimotos from repercussions. The theme for the extortion idea is pretty simple; your character's family has erred against the Morimoto family in some way, and to avoid complete destruction of reputation/social status etc, their child(ren) are enrolled in St. Arcadia. It's also unlikely the family knows what the school is really used for, but what they do know is that the Morimoto family is willing to overlook/make amends if they agree. Or likewise, the Morimoto family can dupe families into this type of extortion.

So at this time, Evelyn Maharishi is still not suitable for the game. Like Haibane said, a total revamp would be necessary.

Zaer Darkwail

I read kind between lines that someone burned the dojo (not the aunt). The aunt who had little to no love towards her niece (Evelyn) and so she contacted Morimoto family to arrange Evelyn to be sold to Morimoto family and in return aunt gets lots of money besides getting cash for repairing the dojo. True that there would be no blackmail hold on Evelyn but I think Morimoto's could 'arrange' scandalous material for Evelyn to get hold on her. Example get her injected with hormone increasing drug and get done in by football team as consensual partner in drug haze and then blackmail her with the footage of said event. But as said there is the conflicting facts that a shy covering person enjoys sunbathing.

But up to you Vergil, you could write a more common reason for Evelyn to be in arcadia. Example from my chars; Sanada's father had done major screw up in business (which results would be both financial, social and loss of a job) and Morimoto lend hand to cover things up in return for getting Sanada.

Chiba's otherhand is successful filmmaker who had stolen other screenwriters ideas for years but never got caught. Until a inspector found disk full of stolen written material and inspector was Morimoto employee and so gave Chiba's father a choice either suffers consequences or they are silent in return for getting Chiba.

Vergil1989

Again I'll give it a go and rework the whole profile Nile and Hiabane, but Zaer was able to make the connection easy enough.  Still, a drug haze induced sex parade with the whole football team?  Lol.  Seems a little far fetched but maybe blackmail could play a role, just not for Evelyn herself.  Maybe her mother or something, I'll give it some thought.  We'll see :D

Zaer Darkwail

As question when you write The more she's able to blend, the better she feels so the school uniform when she's forced to wear it is totally fine with her. Does it mean what more she blends 'in' to her surroundings (on crowds, places etc) that more comfortable she feels for wearing the otherwise revealing school uniform? Just thought ask confirmation as this bit conflicts with her desire wear covering loose baggy clothes. Later sentence then regard she has sometimes 'moods' to be bold outside her comfort zone and dress more provoking manner.

I just ask as I feel Niles and Haibane both could tackle on this one.

Vergil1989

Guess I'm not used to playing a normal human everyday person lol.  It's been a while since I've done anything completely human and without any special abilities to their name either.  I keep on wanting to add something out of the ordinary or at least to my opinion make them stand out a little from the crowd in some form or another, but I'm getting there, slowly lol.  Still, yes as far as the uniform went that was what I was going for Zaer buddy, but really since everyone's forced to wear it she would blend in with the crowd, sort of lol.

NileGoddess

Quote from: Vergil1989 on April 23, 2012, 03:02:32 PM
Guess I'm not used to playing a normal human everyday person lol.  It's been a while since I've done anything completely human and without any special abilities to their name either.  I keep on wanting to add something out of the ordinary or at least to my opinion make them stand out a little from the crowd in some form or another, but I'm getting there, slowly lol.

If this is the case, then are you sure this game is really for you?

Vergil1989

I can RP just about anything, and really it's good practice for me to get back to playing strictly human so yeah, I'm sure I can handle it NileGoddess.  :D

TreyWalker

just wondering if you're still looking for male characters, and if you are what type of male characters you're looking for?

NileGoddess

Right now, only sub male characters. Please post a profile using the template found on the opening post, and I will have a look.

TreyWalker

Name: Alex Ji Sung
Position: Student
Sexual Preferences: Submissive and Straight. Alex Ji Sung has many sexual preferences, but is shy and passive so he's never actually shared them with anyone.
Appearance: Standing at 5 foot 11 with messy brown hair, Alex Ji Sung is attractive in a boy next door sort of way. Friendly yet quiet, he absolutely loves his music and can be seen with his headphones on whenever he gets a chance. He has a decent body but he isn't really into sports. Actually likes to dance but doesn't tell anybody that, but it is the reason he has a decent body despite his food habits not being overly healthy.
Personality: Quiet and un-assuming. Alex will keep to himself and is shy and unsure when meeting new people. When he becomes friendly with someone, that is when he stops holding back. However he has secrets that he keeps to himself and always wonders how other kids can be so confident.
Purpose at Arcadia: Was adopted at the age of 7 and knows nothing about his real parents. His adopted parents could only afford public schooling, and Alex had no problem with that. He was content in his school, until one day everyone in the school had to take a test. Alex got the highest score in the test, the purpose of the test being to find the most moldable individuals for Arcadia. His adopted parents were really proud that their son would ace a test that got him admission into Arcadia with a full scholarship of his choosing. However Alex would have prefered to stay in his public school, but was not given a choice.

Vergil1989

Ok, I think I FINALLY got it right this time lol.  Third time's the charm right?  Let's see what you two think.  If not I'll give it up and let ya guys have a happy game, but if it works I hope to be able to play soon.  :D

NileGoddess

Trey, I think you've completely missed the point of St. Arcadia. Did you read the opening post?
Quote from: NileGoddess on November 09, 2011, 12:19:50 AM
The plot of Discipline is about a private, prestigious academy and the students and staff that attend. While it seems like any other private school, it is run by the corrupt Morimoto family that uses blackmail and sex to prostitute some of its students, as well as faculty, to high paying clients, some of which are involved in illegal activities. Students run amok and engage in sexual activities, both consensual and non-consensual.
So he couldn't just take an aptitude test and get in like that. Reina needs something or some way to extort him or his family to keep him complacent.

Vergil, when I read the purpose section, I think it's completely backwards. Why would the Morimoto family willingly divulge proof that someone in their own family had an affair? That would hurt them just as much and draw unwanted attention on them. Furthermore, aside from Reina, Leona, and their parents, we haven't gone much into who the family is composed of, so I'd prefer if they or any possible family members be left out.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on April 23, 2012, 01:25:05 PM
Despite this she prefers not to flaunt her body off for any personal gains and tends to cover up in loose, baggy clothes.  The more she's able to blend, the better she feels so the school uniform when she's forced to wear it is totally fine with her.

And again, this is conflicting. You say she likes to cover up in loose, baggy clothes, but the Arcadia uniform is anything but. There's a picture of Leona Morimoto wearing it on the first post. It's a short skirt, thigh-highs, and a tight blouse, so it's anything but covering, and she wouldn't be fine with that according to what you wrote. It forces her to show skin and her figure.

Haibane

If its any consolation, Vergil, I do love her picture!

EDIT: Forgive me but I played about a bit and came up with this:

Name:  Evelyn Maharishi
Sexual Preferences: Virgin, will be bisexual if properly guided along. Will be submissive.
Major ons for this;  Cosplay, toy play, gags, blindfolds, ice play, oil massages, anal, forced sex, rough sex, con and non con, medium to possibly heavy bondage/suspension play, BDSM in general, possible electric play. (Never tried but call me curious.)  Sensory play.
Appearance: Evelyn is a 5 foot 3 inch tall, curvy blonde with crystal blue eyes, smooth unblemished skin, and fairly large breasts for someone of her size and age. While she prefers not to flaunt her body she is very comfortable with it and the admiring looks she gets. The more she's able to blend, though, the better, so while initially the brief and revealing school uniform was a surprise to her, she will grow more comfortable with it since all the girls around her are wearing the same and there's quite a few not as curvy as Evelyn.
Personality: Despite her cute appearance, Evelyn isn't as confident as she first appears. She's not meek or timid, but neither does she make that much of an effort to stand out either. That aside, she's extremely smart and once you get her to open up a bit she is an honest, caring individual with a submissive streak a mile wide that just needs to be tapped into the right way for it to flow. Right now, she is simply unaware that submitting sexually is going to set her free. While not the most socially outgoing of people, she can be convinced with a little gentle prodding to try almost anything at least once.
Purpose at Arcadia: A quiet home life, two happily married parents, lived in a moderately well to do home in the upper middle class of society. Everything seemed good until the problems started. Her father worked as a buyer of electronics components for the computing division of Morimoto Corp and he tried to pull a fast one on the company by shipping in a container load of sub-standard Korean CPUs and memory instead of paying more for home-produced quality Japanese components. He massaged the bill of sale and shipping and tried to pocket the difference in cash but was caught and hauled before his bosses. While going through his file they found out about his curvy blonde 17 year old daughter and offered the elder Maharishi a deal he couldn't refuse: his crime would be quietly covered up, he'd be allowed to continue in his post (under more careful supervision and after returning the money) but his daughter would attend St Arcadia Academy. If he kept his mouth shut and did as he was told his crime would be hidden and he and his family would be protected and not publically dishonoured. Evelyn's father agreed to the deal. Sending his teenage daughter to the Morimoto's elite private academy couldn't be that bad, could it? After all, every student who graduated went on to be given a secure job in the Morimoto's growing empire somewhere and in today's uncertain times that counted for much.

====================================================================================

Vergil, what do you think of that? I changed her personality to lose the 'loose baggy clothing' issue which wasn't fitting the rest of it and tweaked the school uniform part so it was clearer what is meant (I think that's what you meant?)

I changed her appearance to "cute" since - well, its true and I don't agree that she looks "strong". I added a bit about her sexually submissive nature being currently hidden from her since I think that motivation is important to have set out clearly so other characters know what's driving her and why.

Finally I threw aside the reason for being at the academy and put in one that fits the game setting, is logical and sensible in real world terms and is just plain simple. Often simplicity is better. No clans, no dojos, no yakuza, no evil brooding samurai warlords, no crazy criminal aunts, just good old fashioned white collar fraud. I find it works every time.

Vergil1989

You are a saint Hiabane.  I had stupidly overlooked what NileGoddess caught in my last attempt at trying to get this right and while I was getting a bit frustrated with not getting it down I wasn't planning to give up the ghost either lol.  Still, you saved me a considerable headache hun and I cannot thank ya enough.

NileGoddess

Alright Vergil, if you could make the edits Haibane suggested, that would be good. Then you can post Evelyn in the School Directory, which is linked on the OOC thread. If you haven't checked it out already, the OOC is linked on the first post. Then you can introduce yourself and we can start to figure out where to work in your character.

Vergil1989

Cool beans, and thanks NileGoddess, Hiabane.  Here is the reformed, edited, and corrected form of that which you seek.  :D

Name:  Evelyn Maharishi
Sexual Preferences: Virgin, will be bisexual if properly guided along. Will be submissive.
Major ons for this;  Cosplay, toy play, gags, blindfolds, ice play, oil massages, anal, forced sex, rough sex, con and non con, medium to possibly heavy bondage/suspension play, BDSM in general, possible electric play. (Never tried but call me curious.)  Sensory play.
Appearance: Evelyn is a 5 foot 3 inch tall, curvy blonde with crystal blue eyes, smooth unblemished skin, and fairly large breasts for someone of her size and age. While she prefers not to flaunt her body she is very comfortable with it and the admiring looks she gets. The more she's able to blend, though, the better, so while initially the brief and revealing school uniform was a surprise to her, she will grow more comfortable with it since all the girls around her are wearing the same and there's quite a few not as curvy as Evelyn.
Personality: Despite her cute appearance, Evelyn isn't as confident as she first appears. She's not meek or timid, but neither does she make that much of an effort to stand out either. That aside, she's extremely smart and once you get her to open up a bit she is an honest, caring individual with a submissive streak a mile wide that just needs to be tapped into the right way for it to flow. Right now, she is simply unaware that submitting sexually is going to set her free. While not the most socially outgoing of people, she can be convinced with a little gentle prodding to try almost anything at least once.
Purpose at Arcadia: A quiet home life, two happily married parents, lived in a moderately well to do home in the upper middle class of society. Everything seemed good until the problems started. Her father worked as a buyer of electronics components for the computing division of Morimoto Corp and he tried to pull a fast one on the company by shipping in a container load of sub-standard Korean CPUs and memory instead of paying more for home-produced quality Japanese components. He massaged the bill of sale and shipping and tried to pocket the difference in cash but was caught and hauled before his bosses. While going through his file they found out about his curvy blonde 17 year old daughter and offered the elder Maharishi a deal he couldn't refuse: his crime would be quietly covered up, he'd be allowed to continue in his post (under more careful supervision and after returning the money) but his daughter would attend St Arcadia Academy. If he kept his mouth shut and did as he was told his crime would be hidden and he and his family would be protected and not publically dishonoured. Evelyn's father agreed to the deal. Sending his teenage daughter to the Morimoto's elite private academy couldn't be that bad, could it? After all, every student who graduated went on to be given a secure job in the Morimoto's growing empire somewhere and in today's uncertain times that counted for much.

(Possible side note.  I am open to experimentation.  Just ask and you'll most likely get a yes.)

Elias

Name:Elias
Sexual Preferences: Dominant, straight, harem
Appearance: 5'9 he has bright red hair, and a tattoo above his eye a sign of rebellion toward his parents, hes wirey strong, and has an air of superiority. However his considerable wealth does not show instead sticking with plain jeans and black
Personality: Hes straight forward, he acts near sweet until you're alone and he desires something from you. He can quickly transform becoming aggressive and cunning overwhelming you and ripping at your willpower until you accept your inferiority. Being a student of judo, has given him a desire for discipline and strict control over all things in his environment, and as the only son (Bastard) of the CEO of Kabushiki group. He is allowed to run rampant via his desires. However there are a few key factors in his life which when his calm demeanor breaks reveals a cruel thing quick to lash out at those around him.
Purpose at Arcadia: His mother (A former European model) hopes the renowned school will temper her son and give him some humility...