John McCain scares me.

Started by Kathadon, June 06, 2008, 01:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathadon

John McCain scares me, and I don't scare easy. I got to watch a speech old John gave today on the League of Democracies or whatever he wants to calls his new NATOish club. And he doesn't want China in it? Okay...  Sure they are not a democracy, okay I understand. Little like teasing a sleeping pitbull with a stick ,but hey ,you make the club you get to decide who is in it.

Now he doesn't want friggan Russia in it either?! How the hell do you get anything done in the middle east by excluding them? Really? Seriously? Is he trying to restart the cold war? After hearing this man's comments on Iran, North Korea, Iraq and now this. It is really troubling.

Now I understand Putin is as close to a dictator as you can get without rolling tanks into Red Square. But to shut out an entire country that has democratic elections just because we don't like who they elected is just plain wrong. After the U.S.S.R. imploded at such a fast pace it is rather natural that the hardliners would want to roll back some of the progress. It is up to the Russian people to decide, just like us, who they want to vote for and how much corruption they will take. I don't see any major protests or condemnations from the U.N. about the recent joke election. So why try and roll back all the sympathy credit we have with the Russian people by insulting them like this? Old Ronald Reagen must be spinning in his grave.

I am honestly feeling that McCain is either a war monger or stuck in the 80's in his thinking. His economics plan reeks of voodoo and trickle down, just like the late 80's early 90's plans of Ronnie and George Senior. He rails against universal health care like it is the worst thing since ever. Then he doesn't support the troops getting a cost of inflation increase to the G.I. bill for college. So much for caring about the troops. He supports Stop Loss. The most bull shit plan ever for our troops who volunteer to serve this country.

God I pray the democrats don't fuck this election up. This man is a dangerous hypocrite, and if he gets elected I fear we will be seeing a real war in the near future.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

OldSchoolGamer

Nobody in the two-party duopoly is intellectually equipped to handle the very wrenching changes that are coming--already underway, in fact--to the United States.

In 2000, the dollar was the undisputed king of currencies, America was the world's only superpower, oil was in the $30 a barrel range, and nothing seemed like it could ever go wrong.  The high-energy, cheap-oil blowout seemed like it would go on forever.

Today, the dollar is in steep decline, America's power is being challenged by China, Russia and Iran, oil is $120 a barrel.  The days of cheap oil are over.  The airlines are dying.  Most Americans don't realize that, within a matter of months to a couple years, air travel as we have known it for the past four decades will be over.  Within a couple of years.  Not decades.  Not "sometime around the middle of the century."  Once airlines start having to pay $5 to $6 a gallon for jet fuel, they will lose money until they go bankrupt.  A couple may survive, doing what airlines did back around 1955 or so: catering to the rich.  Remember the term "jet set?"  It's coming back.  Air travel will be a luxury, with a few highly-priced flights serving the major cities.

This is just one of the many changes we're facing, and the old guard hasn't a clue how to handle it.

Trieste

All of the current candidates scare me, to grater and lesser degrees, and for varying reasons.

I'm so tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I did it in 2004. I would have done it in 2000 had I been old enough to vote... lemme tell you how pissed off I was when they were STILL COUNTING VOTES when my 18th birthday passed (Nov 30th) and yet I couldn't cast one.

Even thinking about the current election just roasts me silly. This only adds to it... though not by much, as the Repubs scare me more than the Dems do any day.

The Overlord

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 06, 2008, 02:19:20 AM

Today, the dollar is in steep decline, America's power is being challenged by China, Russia and Iran, oil is $120 a barrel.  The days of cheap oil are over.  The airlines are dying.  Most Americans don't realize that, within a matter of months to a couple years, air travel as we have known it for the past four decades will be over.  Within a couple of years.  Not decades.  Not "sometime around the middle of the century."  Once airlines start having to pay $5 to $6 a gallon for jet fuel, they will lose money until they go bankrupt.  A couple may survive, doing what airlines did back around 1955 or so: catering to the rich.  Remember the term "jet set?"  It's coming back.  Air travel will be a luxury, with a few highly-priced flights serving the major cities.

That's completely unsustainable. The 1950's were another world and we can't go back to that.

Price out the general public in air trouble, and you take down entire state and local economies based on tourism. Fremont Street in Vegas will be a canopied lane for tumbleweeds and Florida will roll over and die. Everyday business depends on air travel, so take that factor out and the economy is gone.

Fuel prices may hamstring the airlines for a while, but it won't put them down forever. Hey, at the end of the day they're a business....they WANT your business. No industry survives by pricing out 99% of its customers; this perspective is borderline paranoia.

In a worst-case scenario, if you can't economically run your planes on jet fuel, then you don't run them on jet fuel. A worst case will force in all sort of new technologies that have been developed and shelved or developed and abandoned because the petrochemical industry was holding onto what they had.

And FYI...if air travel returns to the rich elite alone, that won't just take out the US economy. That will take out the world economy...the WORLD economy, my friend.

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on June 06, 2008, 02:52:47 AM
I'm so tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I did it in 2004. I would have done it in 2000 had I been old enough to vote... lemme tell you how pissed off I was when they were STILL COUNTING VOTES when my 18th birthday passed (Nov 30th) and yet I couldn't cast one.

On the contrary; with 2008, Obama has given me the first opportunity in years to cast a vote with a clean conscience, that I wasn't just voting the lesser of two evils.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Trieste on June 06, 2008, 02:52:47 AM
All of the current candidates scare me, to grater and lesser degrees, and for varying reasons.

The Overlord

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 06, 2008, 02:57:20 AM

LOL Hell yeah...you can vote for a Greater Evil!

Ah nix that...vote in an Elder Evil.   :D

Trieste

Hee, Ty. Seen it. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newly elected overlords, etc...

I'm told that Mickey Mouse still gets the most write-ins, followed closely by Kermit. I may join this particular bandwagon this year.

Quote from: The Overlord on June 06, 2008, 02:56:12 AM
On the contrary; with 2008, Obama has given me the first opportunity in years to cast a vote with a clean conscience, that I wasn't just voting the lesser of two evils.

I'm certainly glad someone can. I saw your comments elsewhere on reasoning, and I commend you for actually thinking about your choices rather than blindly going in and voting for whoever's running with 'your' party out of some sense of party loyalty.

I, on the other hand, cannot do so. And for that, I envy you.

Edit: Brf. Commend, not comment.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: The Overlord on June 06, 2008, 02:54:47 AM
That's completely unsustainable. The 1950's were another world and we can't go back to that.

Price out the general public in air trouble, and you take down entire state and local economies based on tourism. Fremont Street in Vegas will be a canopied lane for tumbleweeds and Florida will roll over and die. Everyday business depends on air travel, so take that factor out and the economy is gone.

It may come to that.  As psychologically satisfying as the notion of American exceptionalism may be, the facts don't support it.  Consider the number of abandoned cities and ghost towns that exist the world over.  Las Vegas enjoys no special immunity to that kind of radical shift, any more than the cliff-dwellings of the Anasazi or Macchu Picchu did.

QuoteFuel prices may hamstring the airlines for a while, but it won't put them down forever. Hey, at the end of the day they're a business....they WANT your business. No industry survives by pricing out 99% of its customers; this perspective is borderline paranoia.

No industry can survive by spending more money providing a good or service than it makes.  Prices will have to come up...way up.

QuoteIn a worst-case scenario, if you can't economically run your planes on jet fuel, then you don't run them on jet fuel. A worst case will force in all sort of new technologies that have been developed and shelved or developed and abandoned because the petrochemical industry was holding onto what they had.

Such as?

There's no practical alternative to jet fuel on the market today to run airplanes.  True, after many years of R&D, someone might come up with a substance that is liquid, easily transportable, and that contains as much energy per unit of volume.  After more years of R&D, someone might build an engine that runs on it.  Someday.  Trouble is, the wolf is at our door now.

QuoteAnd FYI...if air travel returns to the rich elite alone, that won't just take out the US economy. That will take out the world economy...the WORLD economy, my friend.

That may well happen.  No natural law says it can't.

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on June 06, 2008, 03:00:20 AM

I'm certainly glad someone can. I saw your comments elsewhere on reasoning, and I comment you for actually thinking about your choices rather than blindly going in and voting for whoever's running with 'your' party out of some sense of party loyalty.

I, on the other hand, cannot do so. And for that, I envy you.

Well, by definition my 'party' doesn't exist. I am a liberal by practically any definition I've heard, but it doesn't make me a Democrat. Admittedly, I've voted for way more Democrats on the grounds that party most favors my convictions.

Of course there may be independents that favor them even more, but now we're speaking in terms of candidates that have a proverbial snowball's chance in hell of actually getting in.

Factoring in race, gender, religious affiliation and party affiliation...this time around I keep adding up the numbers. And each time they add up to Obama. I felt good about casting my vote for him in the Georgia primary; last year it was a Kerry-just-to-keep-Bush-out-vote. This November I can sleep soundly on my choice.

Trieste

Ah, I wasn't trying to imply you were doing that, but saying that you don't seem to be doing so.

But I believe this has wandered off topic (McCain, that is), and it's also very late here and well past time I should be asleep, so I'm going to regretfully leave it at that.

The Overlord

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 06, 2008, 03:05:00 AM
It may come to that.  As psychologically satisfying as the notion of American exceptionalism may be, the facts don't support it.  Consider the number of abandoned cities and ghost towns that exist the world over.  Las Vegas enjoys no special immunity to that kind of radical shift, any more than the cliff-dwellings of the Anasazi or Macchu Picchu did.

I agree here. My brother and I were in Vegas in April, only half-joking that we better see Vegas before the desert claims it. If we don’t change our tune quickly, radical shifts will occur. Vegas is gluttonous excess even by American standards.

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 06, 2008, 03:05:00 AM

Such as?

There's no practical alternative to jet fuel on the market today to run airplanes.  True, after many years of R&D, someone might come up with a substance that is liquid, easily transportable, and that contains as much energy per unit of volume.  After more years of R&D, someone might build an engine that runs on it.  Someday.  Trouble is, the wolf is at our door now.

I don’t know your career and educational background, but unless you can claim a legitimate inside into the related industries pertinent to this topic, you just can’t say that with any real conviction.

Have a look back to World War II. In just a few short years we went from a nation struggling out of the Great Depression with a second-rate army to a world superpower. We laid the basics for microwaves, electronics, nuclear energy, space travel, and many other spinoffs that paved the foundation of the society we live in right now.

Necessity is ever the mother of invention, and maybe the only thing that will breed more necessity than global war will be survival of civilization as we know it.

Don't count out American inventiveness and adaptability anytime soon. If you bet against it, you're betting on a bad horse.

And thing is, MANY alternatives get covered over or abandoned so the status quo can keep playing ball. Electric cars have been around for decades; most of the powers that be shelved research because oil was seemingly endless, GM in particular was responsible for this. But now that the wolf is indeed at our door, you can bet we'll be looking for a better wolf trap.

And again, big business has kept a lot of shit in the closet that just wasn't in their best interest. Unless you can claim an inside, you just can't say for sure something isn't being redeveloped as we speak. Sorry, but you can't.

I'm not denying the coming years won't be bumpy. As far as changes to the environment go, we might all have already had our last perfect day at the beach. But if modern civilization is going to end up redlined to its limits, I say wait...wait and watch the technological Renaissance that's about to occur and transform our lives. Because we'll finally start doing what we needed to be doing years ago.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: The Overlord on June 06, 2008, 03:37:17 AM
I don’t know your career and educational background, but unless you can claim a legitimate inside into the related industries pertinent to this topic, you just can’t say that with any real conviction.

Have a look back to World War II. In just a few short years we went from a nation struggling out of the Great Depression with a second-rate army to a world superpower. We laid the basics for microwaves, electronics, nuclear energy, space travel, and many other spinoffs that paved the foundation of the society we live in right now.

And we did all that fueled by cheap, abundant hydrocarbons, aggressively building a manufacturing base second to none.  Well, the hydrocarbons are nearly exhausted, and the manufacturing base went to China. 

QuoteNecessity is ever the mother of invention, and maybe the only thing that will breed more necessity than global war will be survival of civilization as we know it.

Don't count out American inventiveness and adaptability anytime soon. If you bet against it, you're betting on a bad horse.

I think civilization will survive...just not civilization as we know it.  I think we're headed for a new mini-Dark Ages, where energy is scarce, life is very local, and luxuries are few.  Hopefully there will be a government left, and energy will be rationed to the R&D facilities where, I believe, a new source of power will eventually be found to renew high-energy civilization.  But the road will be long and hard.

QuoteAnd thing is, MANY alternatives get covered over or abandoned so the status quo can keep playing ball. Electric cars have been around for decades; most of the powers that be shelved research because oil was seemingly endless, GM in particular was responsible for this. But now that the wolf is indeed at our door, you can bet we'll be looking for a better wolf trap.

And again, big business has kept a lot of shit in the closet that just wasn't in their best interest. Unless you can claim an inside, you just can't say for sure something isn't being redeveloped as we speak. Sorry, but you can't.

Yes, we've all heard the stories: cars that run on water, perpetual motion machines, plasma generators, magnetic doo-dads, cold fusion, and whatnot.  Problem is, none of it has ever been shown to work.  It makes for great edgy TV newsmagazine episodes.  And who knows...perhaps it exists and, despite the enormous profits someone could make by bringing it to market, no one has.  But the question is not only whether it exists, but also whether it's scalable to the levels we need it to operate at.  This was the problem with ethanol...people were so anxious to embrace this "renewable" energy source that apparently no one bothered to calculate just how much arable land would be needed to grow even, say, 25% of our fuel supply. 

So I could just as easily turn it around and say that unless you've driven a car that you know runs on water, or have your home powered by a perpetual motion machine, or you have direct experience with the fill-in-the-blank "new" energy source, you can't say for sure it exists.  Saying it's not in widespread use because "they" are covering it up doesn't constitute proof.

QuoteI'm not denying the coming years won't be bumpy. As far as changes to the environment go, we might all have already had our last perfect day at the beach. But if modern civilization is going to end up redlined to its limits, I say wait...wait and watch the technological Renaissance that's about to occur and transform our lives. Because we'll finally start doing what we needed to be doing years ago.

The question is, can it be done in time to save America...and the world as we know it?

The Overlord

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 06, 2008, 04:16:24 AM

I think civilization will survive...just not civilization as we know it.  I think we're headed for a new mini-Dark Ages, where energy is scarce, life is very local, and luxuries are few.  Hopefully there will be a government left, and energy will be rationed to the R&D facilities where, I believe, a new source of power will eventually be found to renew high-energy civilization.  But the road will be long and hard.

Oh believe me, I'm completely open to the possibility that I'm wasting my time even finishing up in school for a degree in the arts. I've considered the possibility if push comes to shove, and shortages get bad enough, I'll have fight and even kill my fellow man to get what I need (or keep it). Not the prettiest thought that's ever gone through my head, but if the worst-case occurs, none of this will matter anyway.

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 06, 2008, 04:16:24 AM

Yes, we've all heard the stories: cars that run on water, perpetual motion machines, plasma generators, magnetic doo-dads, cold fusion, and whatnot.  Problem is, none of it has ever been shown to work. 

'Shown to work' being the crucial and operative phrase here.

If you're going to bury a new form of energy or propulsion so you can push your own brand, or secretly develop it, last thing you want is common knowledge that works. All, some, or none of the above might actually work, but we're not going to know until we know. Not when they can still sell Brand X, but that will change.

In 2000 I lost my father to cancer. Not just random cancer, but deliberate cancer. I knew next to nothing about mesothelioma prior to all that, but boy oh boy, did I get a crash course in the depths of human depravity and avarice. Not only did the asbestos industry conduct its own secret research in the dangers and health risks of that poison, but upon learning the truth, they buried the results, and countless people have paid the price. If there is a Hell, in my not-so-humble opinion they can't burn slowly or painfully enough in it.

I tell you the truth when I say big business will do anything to turn a profit...anything.

Modern society is an illusion...a fabrication, at least in part. We can't say that we know until we know, because we don't.

As far as water-powered cars go, it's called fuel cell technology and space travel has been using it for decades. We know it works; it's just a matter of literally bringing it down to Earth for all.

Cold fusion might be a myth, but fusion we can do; just not in any form that's remotely energy efficient. But we're learning.

As for the rest; solar, hydroelectric, wind and geothermal, it all works it's just a matter of getting them to be the dominant energy sources, not the alternatives. We're surrounded by stupendous energies every second of our lives. It's just a matter of getting to them successfully, but nothing will push our innovation like the threat of civilization's collapse from lack of energy to drive it. Time will tell.

Zakharra

QuoteModern society is an illusion...a fabrication, at least in part. We can't say that we know until we know, because we don't.

All of civilization is an illusion in one fashion or another.

QuoteAs far as water-powered cars go, it's called fuel cell technology and space travel has been using it for decades. We know it works; it's just a matter of literally bringing it down to Earth for all.

It's not feasable(sp) for mass distribution. For that to power a car, equal to the current types of internal combustion engines, with the same fuel range, is beyond such right now. 

QuoteCold fusion might be a myth, but fusion we can do; just not in any form that's remotely energy efficient. But we're learning.

We can do fission too. Fairly effectively and safely right now as well.

QuoteAs for the rest; solar, hydroelectric, wind and geothermal, it all works it's just a matter of getting them to be the dominant energy sources, not the alternatives. We're surrounded by stupendous energies every second of our lives. It's just a matter of getting to them successfully, but nothing will push our innovation like the threat of civilization's collapse from lack of energy to drive it. Time will tell.

Solar power, it's getting better, but still isn't good enough to make up for a normal power station.  Hydroelectric is a dead end, in the US, we've developed most of the rivers for hydroelectric, and there are enviromentalist groups trying to get the dams that block them for hydro power, broken to let the rivers run free and for the fish. Wind isn't consistent enough either, plus it kills many birds that fly through the turbines. Geothermal is a possibility, but not as a major power source I think. not enough hot springs in the US. We might be able to drill enough deep holes to form a reliable source, but it would take hundreds of thousands of gallons of water to be able to run one.

The best we can do right now is it make cleaner burning coal plants. Coal being one of the US's most abundant energy sources. Drill for oil that we know is here in the US. Gulf Coast, off shore drilling, ANWAR (it is feasable to do within a decent time frame and despite some enviromentalists viewpoints, does promise a good return. It can also be done with minimal damage to the landscape. It's on a frikking tundra for gods sake.

RubySlippers

But the UN is useless tell me one thing they ever did that averted a war and that when force was called did base its forces on US Troops?

The US should leave it but I would declare ourselves neutral and not align to anyone and break all military alliances, pull all our troops back to the US and our territories and surrender our status as the only world superpower. The EU wants to save the world then fine its your turn you raise the armies, march all over the world and leave us alone.

Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were right to stay out of foreign military adventures from day one and be a friend to all nations if they want to.

As for energy there is no substitute for oil its cheap to get, process and move around and generates alot of energy. I think the wise course would be to focus on interstate high speed rail on par with Japans fastest trains and allocate all Federal gasoline taxes to that. Those can be powered anyway you can generate elctricity even solar down the road. And leave air travel viable if  they can do so cost effectively or fall its just another business, we will have to adapt. It would be the first time the US right now has all the resources we need to take care of ourselves and could produce enough food to feed our people, if we had to.

kongming

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 06, 2008, 10:51:16 AM
But the UN is useless tell me one thing they ever did that averted a war and that when force was called did base its forces on US Troops?

I seem to recall the UN telling Bush "No, we do not condone this course of action, you are starting a war."
Bush then told them to fuck off and did it anyway, reducing their funding as well.

As for energy there is no substitute for oil its cheap to get, process and move around and generates alot of energy.
[/quote]

For vehicles, perhaps. For power plants, nuclear is the way to go. Less environmental damage (no really), the chances of meltdown are much lower than scaremongers would have you believe, and *once they're up and running*, they provide a lot of cheap energy. The kicker is that they're expensive to set up, and it becomes a matter of "I spend money on it, and thus can't stuff as much in my pockets. The next guy in power benefits from it being completed on my dollar, and saves money with it, and people love him. Screw that!"

Oh, and Ty: The dollar was never the King of currencies, just the Queen. England has always been laughing at the "Superior American Dollars!" There's a British computer game that has "silver pieces" and "Greater American Dollars". The exchange rate is something like $50,000 USD to the silver piece. The pound has always kicked the shit out of everyone else's currency. I just wish the Australian dollar could be worth something for once. No really, I'd like to be able to buy something with a dollar coin.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Vekseid

Make it Nuclear!

The first fusion power plant isn't expected to go on-line until 2050, and IFMIF and ITER aren't even properly running yet. Unfortunately for perhaps a lot of the world, the US, Russia, Canada and Australia have few concerns about coal shortages. Economics will force nuclear power back onto the stage, and some previously anti-nuke types are finally seeing the light.

Coal liquefaction and shale will probably help, at least the United States, though the final answer is probably going to be algaculture.

Kathadon

Coal liquefaction is a scary prospect Vekseid. Look at what our short lived love affair with ethanol has done to corn futures. *shakes head sadly*

Just imagine what will happen in the short term if even half the coal we need to run our electric power plants is used for gassing up the car. The short term maybe the next decade actually looks pretty bad really, economy wise.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

The Overlord

A timely article that should interest everyone.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hfpZd7sSjQH6m99E7NkvDYVL-ywg

Note among other things that the plan calls for 32 additional nuclear power plants per year. Nuclear power got a bad rap, especially in the US. Between Three Mile Island and Chernobyl, many got psyched out on it, and to be fair the potential for misused or mishandled nuclear energy is horrific. But we're going to come to a point where our aversion is overruled by our need.

So this then is the price of tackling all this; $45 trillion, at least until we get a revised figure. But as impossibly stupid a number that sounds, it's amazing it accounts for 1% of the total world incomes, which means beyond any other hurdles, we can pick up the tab. Probably a moot point, as we may have no choice.

ShrowdedPoet

This is something I read on another forum.  I like it alot and I actually agree with most of it.

Which ever candidate first gives this
speech, will get my vote.

WOULDN\’T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV
AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING
SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans: As you all know,

the defeat of the Iraq regime has been
completed.

Since congress does not want to spend
any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a
complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be
complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list
contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the
Iraq conflict. This list is short . The United Kingdom , Spain ,
Bulgaria , Australia , and Poland are some of the countries listed
there.

The other list contains every one not on
the first list. Most of the world\’s nations are on that list. My press
secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective
immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately
and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will
pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war. THEN EVERY YEAR THERE
AFTER GO TO OUR SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM SO IT WONT GO BROKE IN 20 YEARS.

The American people are no longer going
to pour money into third world Hellholes and watch those government
leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine ?

Wrestling with an epidemic?

Call France

In the future, together with Congress, I
will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social
problems we still have at home .. On that note, a word to terrorist
organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you
and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to
terrorize?

Try France or maybe China

I am ordering the immediate severing of
diplomatic relations with France , Germany , and Russia . Thanks for all
your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bonne chance,
mez amies.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York
City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in
Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets, to sites where
those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don\’t care
about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of
thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your
prec ious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest
chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada
is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other,
you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2; its president
and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I
will have a couple extra thousand tanks and infantry divisions sitting
around. Guess where I am going to put \’em? Yep, border security.

Oh, by the way, the United States is
abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway.
Immediately, we\’ll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care
of this country\’s oil needs for decades to come. If you\’re an
environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above:
pick a country and move there.

It is time for America to focus on its
own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I
answer them by saying, \’darn tootin.\’

Nearly a century of trying to help folks
live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying
enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate
hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America . To
the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thank you guys. We owe you and
we won\’t forget.

To the nations on List 2, a final
thought:

You might want to learn to speak Arabic.

God bless America Thank you and good
night.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you are reading it in English, thank
a soldier.

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

The Overlord

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on June 06, 2008, 02:35:45 PM
This is something I read on another forum.  I like it alot and I actually agree with most of it.

A couple of them actually made some sense, but the rest is some pretty serious rightwing and tobacco-spitting Marlboro Man drivel that's very poorly thought out and machismo driven. By and large I scoff at the American cowboy ideal...symbolizes a lot of trash talking, not too much critical thinking. IMO it's a big part of what's wrong with this country.

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Zakharra

QuoteThis is something I read on another forum.  I like it alot and I actually agree with most of it.

There might be a few things that make some sense, but most of that is pure BS and the result of too much testosterone poisoning. Bad policy. I have heard much of the terms (almost rantings) on the Micheal Savage radio show. On the few times I tune into it.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on June 06, 2008, 02:35:45 PM

Which ever candidate first gives this
speech, will get my vote.

Too much jingoism for me...especially in view of how recent events are showing rather conclusively that those who sat out the Iraq war were probably onto something after all.