The Decend

Started by Hyde, May 10, 2010, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyde

There sits a small island off the coast of the mainlands. For the most part it is a joyous place, full of life and happiness. The fields are green and amber, the hills and landscapes are breathtaking. This is the island of Istara. Istara however has a hidden side that itself has become legend. For on this island is a maze of an unimaginable size. This maze is said to hold mass treasure and wealth so large Kings think of obtaining it. This of course draws all sorts of people to the maze, however.... as one would expect there is more to this maze then just halls and doors.

Inside this maze is all sorts of nasty creatures. Orcs, Ogres, and all manner of magical and mystical monstrosities. They protect the maze they call home from any that would enter. No one has ever made it out. However that doesn't stop people from trying. Added to this, when the moon is just right and the light casts an odd shadow the creatures inside are known to take on a more primal state. Their thoughts of protecting their home and treasures turn to thoughts of sexual desires. It is unfortunate of course that that would be the night..

that an unknowing group of adventurers has found their way to the maze....

I would accept monsters and adventurers! Any idea would be welcome to make the story more fun. The adventures can be there for many different reasons spanning from the hunt of gold all the way to punishment by local governments. Perhaps they even know what awaits them an chose this time to fill some secret desire to be ravaged by the beasts.
"I am the chief of sinners"

On/Offs

Meliai

This sounds really fun! I just finished finals so I have a bit of catching up to do, but as long as you don't plan on starting tonight you can count me in! Every adventuring party needs a snarky mage girl, right? :D

Do you have a particular bio/character sheet you'd like us to fill out?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Hyde

Sure, lets try

Name:
Race:
Description:
Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure):
Background:
Skill sets or Abilities:
How your character came across the maze:

On/Offs

Latooni Subota

Noah is a very . . unique girl. Her role is obviously a front-line fighter, to protect the cute little rear-line fighters and mages. :)

Edit: Almost forgot, the whole point of being made out of lots of things, is to be able to grow 'fun' things when necessary! Edited :3

Name: Noah
Race: Gestalt

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=356646

Description:
Noah is a rather fetching young woman, standing at EXACTLY 5'0" tall. Her skin is an unusual, delicate pale white, and her long violet hair reaches down to the exact center of her back. Her eyes are a striking violet, just a few shades brighter than her hair. Unusual features to be sure, but in this world full of monsters and other rare creatures, being that human is passable.

Noah is always impeccably dressed, and wearing the same outfit, despite the fact that it seems to be perfectly clean at any given time. A short-hemmed and short-sleeved white kimono of the finest silks, long black hose that travel clear up to her narrow waist. The most striking thing she wears though, is her large white and gold-embossed hooded cloak. No matter how much damage she takes the clothing always seems to weather the storm, and be perfectly fine once you look away and turn back.

Resident or Traveler: Both.

Backround: There was a girl named Nemissa, who braved the massive dungeon on Istara. She and her men traveled deep, finding riches and adventure galore. Still, the dungeon was dangerous, and one by one her men died. Eventually, she was the only one left, and surrounded by monsters. The girl took ahold of a glowing orb, in the hopes that it would have the magic to defeat the enemies and let her flee, just as the horde fell upon her.

A year later, a woman with similar features and amazingly expensive-looking clothing appeared in Istara. Her name was Noah, and she used to be known as Nemissa. The orb was an artifact of chaos, one that drew together the minds and bodies of the creatures into one being, leaving only empty corpses trapped in crystal.

With the strength of several monsters, and the mental prowess of a human, Noah tested her might by making small expeditions into the dungeon. Of course, she was the only one who survived, leading to people insisting that she was bad luck. The truth is that Noah has simply been searching for her true body, as many of her memories are missing.

All she knows is that she wishes to find her body and live again, as well as regaining her memories. Of course, the lack of memories has given her the joy of experiencing things for the first time all over again. Food, drink, and sex are all . . especially stimulating.

Skill Sets or Abilities: Gestalt Body- Noah's body is what many would consider perfect. It never scars, it is beautiful, it always smells faintly of enticing perfume, and her hair and skin are as soft as silk. More importantly though, is that through the combined demons that make up her body give her the strength of a golem and the speed of a bird! Possibly more useful is her ability to grow/shrink/change parts of her body to a limited extent . . very useful for certain . . things.

Gestalt Soul
- Noah has a unique manner of magic, created from the combined magical and spiritual powers of the creatures that made up her body. When attacking she can gather energy around her body parts to add extra power to an attack. Utilizing a similar idea, she can do so to defend herself as well.

How your character came across the maze:
Nemissa found the dungeon due to being a local! She heard the rumors of great wealth, trained hard, and challenged the dungeon! Noah knows the dungeon due to being 'born' there.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Hyde

I like her! If you have any preference as to what creatures you may encounter please don't hesitate to send me a pm or mention it!

On/Offs

Latooni Subota

Not really. General monsters are fine, as are pretty ones.

Tentacle monsters, vampires, slimegirls . . though slimegirls would be silly, as they engulf Noah and try to melt her clothes, with no success. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Meliai

Name: Acacia “Cia” Greenbough

Race:
Half-elf

Description: Not everyone realizes Cia is half elf at first glance; at five feet, four inches she is a bit shorter than most of her half-blooded brethren and the wild cloud of perpetually-disheveled black hair atop her head usually obscures her short, pointed ears. Her eyes are a vivid leaf-green and her skin, though naturally on the pale side, tends to have a bit of a tan due to all the time she spends out of doors. She appears to be in her early twenties, but it's always hard to tell with elves...
Cia wears short robes, usually in shades of dark blue, that are cut to allow a maximum range of movement and tall, sturdy boots. She is never seen without at least one piece of jewelry, and in fact usually wears a great many. She is prone to sly, knowing grins and seems to be constantly in movement. She becomes fidgety and cross when forced to be still for any extended period of time.

(http://privatephotoalbums.com/ims/u/2127/7256/171094.png)

Resident or Traveler: Traveler

Background: Cia had a rather rough childhood, something she rarely brings up and becomes defensive about if confronted with. The result of a drunken fling between a high-ranking human noblewoman and a handsome young elf, Cia was nearly killed when her mother's human husband realized that his “daughter” was clearly not entirely human. Taking pity on the girl, a servant of the nobleman's house stole her away to safety and gave the child to a peasant couple whose own baby daughter had recently fallen ill and died.
Cia had a relatively normal childhood, until the inevitable rumors began to circulate. One day a young man and a young woman in rich clothing came looking for her, a small retinue of thugs in tow. They were the Lord and Lady's legitimate children, twins, and though they were a full year younger than Acacia they were quite a bit larger than her due to her mixed heritage and the Elves' slower growth rates. It wouldn't do for a forgotten heir to turn up when the twins were already fighting like dogs for what little power there was to be had within their parents' court, so they had decided to temporarily band together to take care of the potential thorn in their sides.
The meeting probably would not have gone well for Cia if things hadn't started catching fire the second she was attacked.
The young nobles and their minions fled, but Cia's adopted parents decided it was best to hedge their bets and within a few days the little family was on their way to the other side of the kingdom. The budding mage was apprenticed to a local sorcerer, and did her best to stay out of trouble for the next few years.
Cia completed her apprenticeship three years ago, and hasn't done much more than aimlessly wander since then. She will temporarily join up with an adventuring party, or embark on a small quest every so often, but she has no real drive or ambition at this point.

Skills and Abilities:
Magic:

Fire school -  Cia's strongest spell pool, and the only one she can access without a charm of some sort. She can conjure fire at will and manipulate it, though the farther her target is from her, the weaker the spell becomes.
Ice, Water and Electric schools - Cia cannot cast from these schools without a charm of some sort (usually hidden among the copious necklaces and rings she wears.) They follow the same sort of rules as her fire spells, but are generally weaker and have a shorter range.
Miscellanious - Cia carries a small collection of what she calls kitchen sink spells in addition to her offensive toolkit. They are usually simple, with no real use in a fight, but can do useful little tasks such as illuminate a room or allow her to understand a foreign language for a short period of time. The trick is remembering which charm does what...
Mana - Spells have to come from somewhere - in Cia's case, she has a sort of internal pool of power that she draws from to cast her magic. The pool is limited, however, and the more powerful the spell she uses the more quickly she is drained. Eating and drinking can restore a bit of power, but to fully recharge Cia has to sleep. Using up mana does not make Cia tired, but if she is tired (or hungry, or dazed, or having her brains fucked out...) it becomes difficult to concentrate hard enough to cast all but the simplest of spells.

How your character came across the maze: Cia likes to drink, and when Cia drinks, Cia likes to gamble. When Cia gambles Cia likes to win, and to win, Cia cheats. Though she is normally quite skilled, there's always someone out there who's better than you and unfortunately for our young heroine, that someone was sitting across the table from her a few nights ago. Cia cheated, Cia got caught. The man who caught her happened to be a rather important figure in the local Legitimate Business Bracket and offered her an ultimatum; she could go on this fool's-erand of a quest and absolutely anything she could bring back would be considered an adequate payment for her debt, or she could have every bone her in her little half-breed body broken.
In retrospect, maybe she should have taken her chances with the mob...
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

elfguy

I'm going to guess you're fine with fantasy characters for this? I'd like to play an adventurer. Do you mind if I use a furry char?
----

Zebu

Let's try a monster, then.  Have to have some of those.  What do you people think of this guy?

Name: Udde-zhulisha [prounced...not by mortal tongue.  Call him UZ, maybe?]
Race: Nth dimensional horror
Description: So far, the only part of UZ permanently in existence is a massve reddish sphere that looks somewhat like an eye without a pupil.  He normally has it wrapped in a thick, black tentacle to keep it off the ground.  He also has N+1 articulated appendages of various sizes and textures, where N is the number of appendages observed by anything but himself.
Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure): Resident

Background: UZ was a carefree psychosis-inducing horror who romped freely through the sapient planes.  Then one day someone worked out his true name and dragged him partway into the material world.  It's like permanently doing the splits, so he decded to find a way to get 100% of his mass into one existence or the other. 
Since then, he's spent his time learning the outlines of the maze and searching for prey.  After a variety of experiments, he determined that the only way to drag more of himself into a plane was to pass his essence through a soul close to his own.  There are various ways to accomplish that, but most of them can only be used once.  Then he saw what happened when a monster caught a human during the full moon.  For one moment, the subject was in perfect alignment.  UZ took advantage of the opportunity, moved the monster aside, and began trying to repeat the effect.  He found it was nonlethal and so could be used again, and again, and again...  An orgasm is a kind of epileptic fit, so there are still limits to the number of times a single subject can be used, but it's far superior to any other technique.

Skill sets or Abilities:
Many-angled One: The tendrils of Udde-zhulisha move in more dimensions than humans can perceive.  This creates the impression that they are blinking in and out of existence, sprouting from walls, etc.  But that's not really happening.  Even when he screws someone from the inside out.  Honestly!  Further, the tendrils can move other objects through dimensions as well, in the same way that your hands can make a cup or a ball travel through space.

How your character came across the maze: Some desperate sorceror (to be fair, he had good cause for desperation) tried to summon UZ but was killed halfway through, leaving the poor horror drifting between dimensional reference points but anchored to the Maze.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Ironwolf85

hmmmm...
I got two creatures a good and a bad.
Name: Attenus Ezo
Race: Minotaur
Description: a well built and refined minotaur with Tan fur and blue tatoos, in heavy white armor, carrying a heavy shield and burning battleaxe.
Resident or Traveler: traveler, Mid level monster advanturer
Background: Ezo is an exception to the rule, he broke away from his primitive family and abusive father at a young age. Ezo has since become a paladin standing with all the trimmings. He's now an educated and compassionate holy warrior with enough muscle to back up his convictions.
Skill sets or Abilities: almost unimaginable levels of brute force, backed up by holy magics, and extensive training in armor and weapons. he also has a sharp mind and is stubborn even for a paladin. His greatest trait is his minotaur instincts, he thinks in ways that make a maze easy to understand and navigate.
How your character came across the maze: Ezo is a hero, and generosity isn't cheap, if he's going to help the poor and meek this paladin actually needs to stop being poor himself. when he heard of a maze, he decided to give it a shot, especally with his minotaur ability to navigate it easily

Name: Seth
Race: Gnoll
Description: a hyena man with green tatoos across his fur and leather armor across his body, his hair styled back in a mohawk carrying a heavy metal spear dressed in a green and yellow pattern kilt. his kin usually wear nothing but leather straps.
Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure):  resident
Background: seth grew up an adopted son of a human family. he lived a good life until he tried his hand at adventuring. the warrior fell to a tribe of his own in the maze, though he suffered abuse he eventually rose to head the tribe. he's turned into a laughing pervert with a tatical insight none of his kin can claim. as long as he keeps them knee deep in captured lovers, they could care less that he talks funny and wears clothes.
Skill sets or Abilities: seth is a spear warrior, using a weapon resembling a heavy whaling harpoon instead of a standard spear, being much heavier and more dangerious. he's also intelligent, his section fo the maze is covered in traps, he's a master of gurrilia tactics
How your character came across the maze: like many adventurers he came seeking gold and glory. now he stays.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Travaius

Can I play a monster and a character or only one or the other?
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Hyde

Well it appears with such a large interest I see no reason to not be able to play both. We can cover the bases a bit that way. I'll fill in on which ever side needs to fill out their numbers and act as GM. So once we have the monsters you should be looking to your pm's for instructions and so forth.

On/Offs

Travaius

Awesome. I'll work something up now then.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Travaius

Name:Rog
Race: Half-Orc
Description:
The Half-Orc stands at 6'3, towering over most people from his hometown. At a glance nothing appears to be off about Rog, but as you near him a few differences start to come out. His ears are angled, not quite pointy, but still a sharper point then most humans. His skin is a pale green upon closer inspection and his teeth are full of razor sharp teeth. His nose comes out a little, but is essentially to holes for nostrils.
He always wears a set or armor, the only part of it that looks decent is what appears to be a warskirt that comes down to his mid knees. The top half appears to be patches of thick black leather, sewed together to protect him. The only other things that adorn his body are a handful of tattoos and the weapons he carries, whatever he chooses to pick up from his ever growing personal armory.
Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure): Traveller
Background:
Rog is the product of rape. His mother was a scout for a human force who was ready to engage an Orcish army. She learned too late that the Orcs were looking for the humans as well, as two of their own scouts beset on her. No one really knows who his father is, it could be either of the two, and no one really went looking for him. He grew up with his mother, or at least as best he could. The nature of him being half orc made most of the townsfolk very scared, many of the rest openly hated the fact that they even had to deal with him.
He was a huge child, growing rapidly to fit a 6'3 frame, incredily stronge for his age, and had natural agression to go with it. Many kids would try to play with him, only to have a bone broken accidentally, or on purpose if they tried to run off with his toy. He found an outlet in weapons training, shocked to find a place where people wanted him to destroy things. He found himself reasonably gifted using larger weapons, himself hating any sort of ranged weaponary or magic. He preferred to be in front of his enemies when he killed them, not 20 feet away.
He soon left his hometown, searching for more people to fight, some say that he left cause he didn't want to kill anyone he might of cared about. He normally didn't hold down a job, or even accept tournament winnings. He supported himself by robbing and general thievery, much preferring a fight if the person found him out.

Skill sets or Abilities:
Strength: The Orcs are a stronger race, which is their only advantage considering how dumb they are. Rog inherited some of their strength from his father, his body being able to dish out more damage and take more than a normal human his size, despite his huge frame. He can move over more distance than a normal human, his body absorbing the punishment slower than one would imagine.
Rage: Rog also inherited the Orcs fighting nature from his father. He loves the fight, and once he is suffciently angered, loves to kill anything in his path. He ignores everything around him, often times launching himself into an enemy line to batter the opponents with whatever he can find, his already significant strength multiplying once he does.. It's only afterwards that he realizes if he is hurt, sometimes very badly.
Cunning: It's sometimes been said that his Orcish father might have had a touch of Goblin in him, because Rog is a natural liar and thief. He can smile at you as he tells you a story about his sick mother, asking for money to help. The only problem is that as you reach for your wallet, you find it missing. In all the confusion of trying to locate it, the boy you were trying to help normally slips away.

How your character came across the maze: He heard about a place where much money and danger could be found. He travelled to the maze in hopes of finding a challenge. If nothing were to present himself, he hopes of finding money this time, his life of stealing growing dull to him, the few fights he gets not really challenging him.

Name: Cydrome   
Race:Therianthope (Werebear)
Description: A massive mound of muscle, Cydrome stands at 7'4 in his bear form, which he rarely transforms out of. He is covered in black hair, his arms extending as far as a humans and his claws kept razor sharp.
Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure): Resident
Background:
Cydrome was created near the maze. Once he began turning he began attacking villagers in the area, and when he was done, he would become a human once more. The people in the area thought that a bear was doing the attackes, and as such never questioned what was going on. A young mage figured out what was going on, and soon got people together. They captured him in his human form, knocking him unconcious, which is why he detests going back to it so. He was then taken as far into the maze as they would dare and left there.
Skill sets or Abilities:
Size and Strength- Cydrome is a massive mountain of flesh. He is larger than most bears and keeps up his strength by periodically trying to break down the walls of hte maze, still intent on getting back at those who imprisoned him there.
Claws- He keeps his claws honed on the bones of his victims and rocks that he finds. He enjoys being able to cut to the bone on most creatures in one strike, normally feasting on the bones shortly after.

How your character came across the maze: Was left there by villagers.

elfguy

Name: Faar

Race: Feline

Description: See picture. Basically she wears tight a leather outfit, with her only weapon being a knife.

Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure): Adventurer

Background: Came looking from her small village for adventure.

Skill sets or Abilities: She is a rogue class, so she is used to sneak around undetected, and can jump out at rapid speed, thanks to her feline heritage, and jump at her enemies. She mostly uses her own claws to attack enemies, and will only pull out her knife when needed.

How your character came across the maze: Found it by accident while roaming the countryside.

----

OldSchoolGamer

I figure I'll toss my hat into this ring with a female human character, up for any kind of wicked "entertainment" at the hands of male humanoid beasties

Name: Erin Bragh
Race: Human
Description:

Resident or Traveler (Monster or Adventure): Traveler

Background: The daughter of a noble, she was on a ship traveling for the Colonies.  She was to meet up with her brother, and help the family open up a new market trading spices.  Unfortunately, the vessel she was traveling on was hit by a late-season storm, and all aboard (that she knows of) were lost.

Skill sets or Abilities: Good with numbers, moderately attractive, glib-tongued.

How your character came across the maze: Shipwrecked.  In the course of exploring her new-found "home," she wandered into a cave that led further down, and became lost to the world of light...

Ironwolf85

send me a Pm when it starts
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Zebu

In the words of Pink Floyd...  "Is there anybody out there?"  Seriously, Hyde, are you waiting for something/someone, dealing with embarrassing personal problems, what? 
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Ironwolf85

maybe we should create the RP ourself if he doesn't respond in a few days

Meliai

Hopefully Hyde is still around! This could be tricky to pull off without him, unless someone else wants to take over the GM roll since we're not balanced as far as male/female and traveler/resident characters go. Here's the lineup so far, assuming that everyone who has posted is still interested:

Female:                 
Cia
Noah
Faar
Erin
Male:
Udde-zhulisha
Attenus
Seth
Rog
Cydrome

Travelers:             
Noah
Cia
Attenus
Rog
Faar
Erin
Residents:
Udde-zhulisha
Seth
Cydrome

So far we've got slightly more males than females, and twice as many travelers as residents. We also have no female residents/monsters so far (unless you count Noah, and I'm not sure if she wants to play both victim and attacker so I only put her under Travelers for the meantime), so unless some of the male travelers are up for M/M we're going to have a bit of difficulty when it comes to sex. I could toss in a female monster, but I'm not very good at playing the aggressor in non-con scenarios.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

elfguy

Well on the plus side my kitty will have a lot of horny male beasts to play with her ;)
----

Meliai

Nooooo, see that's the problem...Unless some of our Travelers go rogue and attack the other travelers, the "Good Guys" heavily outweigh the "Bad Guys"
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Ironwolf85

it is the Gm's job to create the standard array of non-boss beasties.
but maybe I can come up with a few nasty female Residents.

Meliai

Oh of course, that's why I said I hope Hyde's still kicking around! :3

My concerns were just a Break Glass In Case of Missing GM sort of thing
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Ironwolf85

all these monsters are sexualized... have fun
Nudrahog: a female hydra near the center of the maze, using an amulet she has a humanoid body, over the years she's developed a taste for heroes and not in a way her monsterious mother would approve of. over the years she's slain many men due to crushed pelvises.
Basilick: four arms, two legs, and a wicked tounge, this inexaustable red reptile is queen of the gang bang. her stare literally makes other creatures hard and hot all over. she does not care who she takes, man or woman. she lives for the hunt and the fuck, and is adept at taking an entire party of heroes out. rumor is she has a male counterpart somewhere in the maze.
HedonHounds: from the plane of fire these houndlike humanoids are Literally Flaming. they are only attracted to their own gender, yet must mate with the other gender to keep their numbers up. Their powerful builds, firey tempers, and the fact they don't enjoy it, only add to their brutality with the opposate sex. they're a faction that constantly wars with Seth's Gnolls
Yertress: a powerful illithid Mage, this mind blasting monstrosity has begun to work on a theory that the body and mind grow in unison, and has discovered that pleasure and lust are a sweet emotion to savor. He's built stronger than most of his race, and has been working out. but it's his mind warping spells that are the most dangerious.