Gorean Adventure, Moved

Started by Supias, March 30, 2017, 01:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supias

I've had a concept of a Gorean Adventure for some time now but I have no idea if there are any Gorean players here, so before I go setting up the world and the antagonists I thought I would see if there are anyone about that even have an interest.  I'm looking for about 4-6 players who would be willing to play.  It will NOT be a completely smut based thread, there is a story line and movement to this adventure, but it is Gor.  If anyone is interested I will post more about the concept.

Jazra

I'm interested. I'd have to do a bit of research and refreshing before I'd be able to come up with a character concepts. A number of ideas come to mind.
Ons & Offs
Absences

Boy, “If I and a slice of pizza fall in the water, which do you save?

Girl, wipes grease off her chin, “Why'd you let my pizza fall in the water?”

LordRod

Well.

I know Gor intrigues me.  I know it has a **TON** of lore.  I know I know almost none of it.

If the story involves another transplant from Earth like some of the early novels do, then I would be highly interested.
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Faeli

I could be convinced to be interested, depending on specifics :)

Amarlo

I am not the most familiar with Gor lore but if that's okay, I may be interested depending on what sort of premise and dynamic you plan to go with. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

SlipperySue

PhantomPistoleer

Interested!  I love Gorean fantasy.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sally Aces

This has me curious, so color me interested

Supias

Ahh perfect, so there are a some Gorean's among the Elliquiy folk.  Thank you for showing interest in this thread.   Rather than being a free form based role play, based in one city, I hope to take a group upon a  trip from a Vosk city (to be determined) all the way south into the Tahari dessert.  The adventure we create would be completely open to twists and changes.  The idea was to have a mission to create movement for our characters, to allow for danger and troubles so that the story did not stagnate.  I would hope there are plenty of opportunities to showcase the unique daily life of Gor as we meet and then visit different cities or come across tribes or beasties.  Those characters who would be interested in joining would be looking for legend and honor, wealth and glory, and maybe to protect the idiots from this stupid dangerous adventure.  We would likely need both a Scribe and a Physician.  We could use a financial backer (though this could easily be an NPC), but warriors/mercenaries are definitely needed as well as slaves to help with the daily activities.  I am willing to double if need be, though would prefer to NPC certain roles if it is required.

A scroll and map has been passed down after the death of Kahrumour Volundr's Grandfather.  It's significance could bring about a positive change in the once Warrior, now mercenaries life.   It's fucking about time.  Ages ago, a legend told of a temple in the dessert that overflowed with silver and gems.  It has long since been believed that the legend was nothing more than greedy merchants who stumbled upon the Oasis of silver stones.  This scroll and map would whisper of other truths to the legend.  Perhaps there truly was a temple.

Give me your ideas, thoughts and opinions.

Supias

LordRod

Based on what I heard, sounds great.  If you allow someone to play said Financial Backer, again, that interests me.  But what about the chars from other worlds angle?

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

Supias

I don't mind if you would like to be played as you were brought from the other world.  Will you be playing as though you do or don't know much about the world of Gor?  Either way is alright though it might be good to assume you at least know how to speak Gorean.

Sally Aces

I was wondering if you wanted all the girls to be slaves or if free women were ok?

Also, to refresh my memory I did a quick search for women of God... would a warrior/Panther a Girl work?

Faeli

Yeah, I will be the first to say I only know Gor at a surface level, so please be prepared to let me know all the dirty little intricacies. :)

Sally Aces

Supias

Free women would be allowed, I'm not sure how well Kahru would let a Panther remain free, but you never know, there might be a reason they would meet upon the road and be fine.  I have no issues at all with Free Women being brought in on the adventure but remember that if a free woman acts like a slave she will be collared and become a slave.  Kahru at least will not be flirtatious or sexual with a Free Woman(He isn't looking for a companion at the moment), but that isn't to say others wouldn't be.

Supias

I wanted to add that I am more than willing to help with some of the lore, and this will be rather more lose, than a strict By the Book rp since I'm taking liberties with the "silver rocks" lore.   IF you are wanting to try out a very slave based rp and know nothing of Gor that is fine too but I would suggest being a slave brought from earth so that you are not whipped every time you do something you didn't even know was a thing.

I'm really rather approachable out of character, so just ask with out worry.

Sally Aces

I'm tossing around ideas, but honestly, I'm tickled pink by the idea of bringing in an Earth Girl new to Gor. I can see two directions to go in, 1) super modern, social media Marvin - so she'll have nothing but culture shock to deal with :) 2) more of a modern new pagan girl, into holistic medicine, yoga etc... so she could double as an emergency medic/wise woman

Supias

Sounds interesting Sally, this might help...do you wish to be a slave or a Free Woman to start with?

If you wish to be a slave, the first would be the way to go.  If you want to try and start her off as somewhat of a Free then the pagan might be the way to go to have any kind of chance at it.

LordRod

Quote from: Supias on March 31, 2017, 01:58:07 PM
I don't mind if you would like to be played as you were brought from the other world.  Will you be playing as though you do or don't know much about the world of Gor?  Either way is alright though it might be good to assume you at least know how to speak Gorean.

My perfect world would be someone rich and succesful from Earth that knew bits of family stories about his father's "strange childhood realm he wrote 'fanfic' for"...that was real.  And he did speak Gorean (albiet with a horrible accent at first) transported with some medium that made him rich in Gor...so knowing some but not realizing it was REAL until ....poof you're there.

Willing to work ridiculously on all that if some part does not work.

Sally Aces

I'll go with option 1) my social media darling suddenly transported to Gor.

Oooo, a thought, Lord Rod... perhaps my character knows of yours... either as someone rich and famous she profiled or because she worked for one of his companies. Later when they meet on Gor it would allow for a fun scene where she thinks, 'oh my god, finally, a normal guy' only to be shocked when he's gone native.

It's cool if that's not something you are interested in :)

Supias

I like both of these scenarios.  They might have even been transported about the same time so they can be "learning" together.  It also might make for interesting back and forth when they have to treat each other differently considering the place they are in. 

Hmm... what to make a cash trade.  Raw materials like metals and gems would be easy to trade into cash.  You could also hold a knowledge about something that could make it useful to trade, but that is less easy for quick cash.  You could have a Kanda equivalent crop if you are wanting a darker kind of character.  What kind of caste would he be looking to join?

Supias

Quote from: Sally Aces on March 31, 2017, 05:07:43 PM
only to be shocked when he's gone native.

*laughs*

I could see her fitting into the slave role if she loves the media spot light.  She might do well at least in some aspects of the slave role, and not at all for the more mundane things required.  I'll promise Kahru wont go easy on her because she's a barbarian.

LordRod

Fantastic! Well some ideas occur

Re Caste, I did some quick research and ....can't find the answer to that question ergo why I want to play a transplant.

The background I'm thinking is that the family goes back and forth and has for almost a hundred and fifty years, every other generation.  I'm thinking his father is dying and so gives him the (key to the ship, talisman?) method the family moves back and forth (given how it is modeled after Barsoom, I'm betting a Talisman will work.) 

Re Caste, I don't know.  The highest someone not born into it can be? If 'merchant' can be a high case then that.  He would be educated on lots of things of course, prepared by his father in many ways but the son would never believe it.

Re transportable well, I'm thinking a combination of
-Master cut gems
-Industrial Diamonds
-Seeds of Genetically altered cash crops including the most recent strains of Marij., Wheat, Corn, Hops and a few others and maybe even some high end pine seeds so he could remake some of those genetically engineered tree farms
-Re Knowledge, I'm thinking he would have a complete understanding of the technology the culture uses as well as smithing or metallurgy in particular, JUST enough of an edge so that the priest kings don't come down and smite their ass.

And that sounds fun Sally :D Maybe she is even taken accidentally by the same means my char uses

Supias

Merchants aren't high caste but they have enough money to be influential.  If your family have been going back and forth for generations, then it is likely his father would have some kind of house or estate there already, he would have a family name and possibly influence simply by being an heir. 

If his father was training him for some time without his realizing it, he likely would have helped him learn some of the primitive aspects he would need to know.  His name might also be allotted to a bank or even a family volt where the family money would be kept.

LordRod

I like this idea.

Both the vault and the bank.