More Human Than Human [Recruiting Players]

Started by Nykteus, May 10, 2013, 08:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Cool char, Eve. Super-minds are the best.  8-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RedEve

;D

It could be fun if all of the Prototypes treated her like an overbearing mom.  :P
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Branwen

I'm teasing.  :)  Very nice character and I like the name.  Is she going to be like the Cassandra of myth and tell us things that come true but we don't believe? 

RedEve

Her name is indeed a reference to the mythical character but she won't have the gift of foresight.
Or rather, if she does make predictions that end up coming true, they will be based on knowledge, context and probability assessments. 
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Nykteus

Am I the only one who always thought Greek mythology would have been greatly improved by someone kicking Apollo's ass?

NinjaWeazel

This sounds potentially awesome.  Will mull over concepts while I am at work tonight.

Nykteus

There's now an OOC thread up. I'll also be forwarding some of you the link to the super secret OOC, where we will bitch about the other players and make up nasty rumours.

CurvyKitten

I have been looking at Alpha's the tv show to get some idea's. I am looking at Hypercognitive, and possible having be able to super information intact. So before a mission she can pull a matrix. "Do you know how to fly a helicopter....now I do" lol Not a direct like just a way they tweaked her mind to be able to learn things incredibly fast. So she can be mission ready for just about anything in no time. Hopefully that is making sense LOL. They seem like a good pair and that would make her more muscle and the force instead of mental or stealth. She would do stuff like, the hard and fast infiltrations or extractions (when they don't have time to do it subtly) , front line fighting, assassinations and so forth.

bubby

Nykteus

RedEve just submitted a character with those powers.

CurvyKitten

I didn't realize someone couldn't be similar, specially if their functions are totally different. At least she doesn't have the Hypercognitive so I could still possibly do that.

Nykteus

As I've said, people are welcome to submit anything for appraisal. I won't, and really can't, judge a character or concept until I've actually read it.

Branwen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 12, 2013, 12:51:28 PM
I didn't realize someone couldn't be similar, specially if their functions are totally different. At least she doesn't have the Hypercognitive so I could still possibly do that.
Is it possible that the Foundry keeps several similar strains active, in case one is damaged or lost or they need two teams?  Or they are concurrent experiments with similar but not identical abilities and researchers are trying to sort out which one works best.

TheBlackThrone

Never mind. Disregard.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Branwen on May 12, 2013, 01:18:22 PM
Is it possible that the Foundry keeps several similar strains active, in case one is damaged or lost or they need two teams?  Or they are concurrent experiments with similar but not identical abilities and researchers are trying to sort out which one works best.

Nods~the way I pictured it was that it was in some way actually downloaded to her brain. Not learned as it was presented. If that makes sense. lol

Shrugs~ I'll brainstorm more and see what I can come up with. All else fails I'm sure you all will have fun. :)

Nykteus

They do keep copies of the Prototype's genomes, but each one of the Prototypes is the product of decades of work and trillions of dollars. For every one of them on the team, there are thousands of aborted experiments. Designing an organism isn't easy, even Dolly the sheep died of defects because of problems with the cloning process.

Part of the drive in this game will be the fact that every one of the Zhayedan squad is priceless. Even if the entire process that designed each one was repeated all over again, there are variables sufficient that success is no guarantee.

Nykteus

TheBlackThrone, yes, it is still possible to submit one, but spaces are limited. I can't guarantee that any prototype submissions will be accepted, though I will do my best to accomodate characters in alternate roles. I'm always happy to get good writers, and the game won't be all about the prototypes.

Branwen

QuoteZhayedan squad

Can you explain that, please?  I saw it just now, and in Wicked's sheet, but can't find an explanation of it anywhere?

Nykteus

Whoops, I thought I put that in the main post. They were a unit of heavy shock troops in the armies of the Persian Sassanid dynasty, better known as the Immortals.

Branwen

*smacks forehead*

I should have googled.  So that's the designation for the Prototypes? 

I keep wanting to call them Foundlings.  :)

bubby

Nykteus

It's the name of the squad the current batch are assigned to. Presumably the next batch would be part of a different squad.

bubby

Nykteus

All seems to be going well. I'm going to wait a while to see if we can't get a few more characters before the game is opened up and we get into the swing of things. There's still room for at least one more Prototype, plenty of agents and civilians.

RampantDesires

Though the game has gone live (slowly things are still getting situated and most have yet to intro) we are still very much interested in new characters.  The prototype slots are all taken, but there is still plenty of room for others, scientists, agents, conspiracy theorists, college kids... the door is pretty wide open really, creativity is encouraged here.

Our game currently enjoys a six female to two male ratio so a few more guys in the pool would be a good thing.  That's not to say you are not absolutely welcome as well ladies.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->