The Valkyrie Company (Pathfinder, Exotic NC, Extreme? CLOSED)

Started by Kord, February 09, 2014, 07:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kord

The Pitch

The Valkyrie Company has been keeping the coast of Varisia safe for over 50 years. Since their conception, tales quickly spread of the all-female mercenary band. All manner of beasts from giants to demons have been felled by Valkyrie steel. Quickly the company built up a reputation, they will get the job done come the fires of the abyss. Due to this reputation their services are highly sought after from Magnimar to Korvosa. However, most people are unable to afford the price of well-trained valkyries, this means the lower paying jobs are handled by apprentice and trainees. The Valkyrie elite tell their new members that this is to 'strengthen your wings' but many believe it is because the older members don't wish to deal with tasks they see as trivial.

The Valkyrie Company is lead by their stunning elf Grand Matron Illa'leth. She was rumoured to have single handedly cleared the companies' headquarters, Falcon's Rock, of its former cultist inhabitants. For reasons unknown she has been sending out Valkyries to each city in Varisia looking for any able bodied women willing to join. The Grand Matron ordered them to advertise the job as a thrilling adventure that is well paid. However, the real gold is only earned on the most dangerous of undertakings. Despite this many have joined. From nobles, looking for fame and glory, to the downtrodden, looking to make money and steady income.

Trainees are tutored in the ways of combat for one year before they are classified as combat ready. They are then allowed to take jobs posted on the Valkyrie's dispatch wall. Valkyries work either alone, in pairs, or in small cells. This depends on what their employer's job requires. The company takes 10% of each Valkyrie's earnings as boarding fees while the rest of it may be spent (or not) however the Valkyrie chooses.

The Spill

Hey everyone I am have been itching to run a pathfinder game for some time now, it is only recently that I have had the spare time to be able to do so.

The premise is that an archeology team in Varisia has unearthed an ancient Thassilonian artifact made by Sorshen, the Runelord of Lust. The archeology team had no idea how to handle to artifact safely leading to its accidental activation. The artifact released a magical miasma that has seeped over the land of Varisia causing the various monsters that inhabit Varisia to gain an extreme increase for sexual desire. Oddly, it seems to have had no affect on the humanoid populace. News of this event has just reached the Valkyrie Company along many new jobs offers due to the subsequent volatile situations that have arisen. You will be playing a combat ready Valkyrie, still inexperienced but capable. There will be jobs that you can take on with other Valkyries (NPC or other players) or complete solo.

Thematically it is going to involve a lot of exotic non-consensual situations. I am still debating if I am going to classify it as extreme. It mainly depends on the preferences of the players. There will be a bit of smut but also a good amount of plot.

The Crunch

So I am looking for 4-5 players initially that are able to:

• Able to post 5 times a week
  • Play a female character
Characters will be built with the following rules:

• 20 point buy
  • Second level
  • Accepted Material: Core, Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimates (Minus Psionics), Advanced Race Guide (For custom or uncommon races check with me to determine its suitability)
  • Keep the length of your background to a few paragraphs with room to expand on later
If there is enough interest I will be accepting more players provided that I can find a co-dm.

House Rules:

So to make this work within the context of Pathfinder I am adding a new condition:

Subdued
This creature is unable to act normally and can take no actions. A subdued creature loses its Dex bonus to AC. A subdued creature drops the weapon it is currently holding and their armour can be removed with a full round action. Every 1d6 minutes a subdued creature is able to attempt to remove this condition with a successful escape artist check or opposed grapple check (if grappled). The subdued creature is at the sexual whim of any opponent near them.

And two new feats:

Subduer
Instead of killing or knocking a creature unconscious, give it the subdued condition.
Benefit: When you reduce an opponent to 0 or less hitpoints while using a spell or weapon you are proficient with you can choose to instead reduce them to 1 hitpoint and give them the subdued condition.

Subduing Pin
You are able to subdue a pinned opponent.
Prerequisites: Improved Grapple
Benefit: When in a grapple with an opponent whom is pinned, you may take a movement action to make an opposed strength check to subdue that opponent.

The Application

So just to verify what I want from applicants before I accept them:

• Character Concept (A short description of your race, class etc)
  • Character Background (A few paragraphs on your character background, make sure to include how and why you joined the Valkyrie Company.
I will be accepting applications as they are posted. Once I have 4 or 5 people I will start the game threads. After that I will still be accepting applications from people. They will be able to join if someone drops out or if I end up recruiting a co-dm.
My roleplaying on's and off's: https://www.f-list.net/c/kordbluemoon

Muse

Oh! This looks awesome, Kord, I would love to play! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

I would be interested in trying out for this one.  :-)

Kord

Miroque

Yukina

Dizzied

I'd be interested in trying this, although I'd like to check one or two things first. I like the idea of some exotic non-con scenarios, but I do have certain limits--humanoid creatures would be my preference. I don't want my preferences to dominate the game for everyone involved, though, if that's not what the group wants. Is that something you can work with?

If so, I'd love to see a group of heroines find themselves in all sorts of sticky situations. ^_^

Lockepick

I am interested -- as long as the GM is comfortable with a Male Player playing a Female Character.

If so: I am up for going full Exotic/NC personally. I was considering some kind of Witch, or maybe an Oracle, or maybe playing some kind of Rogue -- if we're flooded with casters.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kimmy

Color me interested!

I've never gotten to try out the Advanced Race Guide yet - if I gave it a shot how many points would be ok to put together a race? The book seems to say most normal races are 10-12 points & a lot of the more monstrous ones can be made into nice 20-20ish point races (Which I'm guessing is about a +1 DND level adjustment?). I realize the story precludes a lot of monstrous races because of the artifact - but I have a few ideas that might work. I was thinking about Half-Dragons, Naga/Lamia (People with serpent tails instead of legs), Alu-Demon (Half-Succubus) & well, anything with wings or a tail. I'm a sucker for both :P

If they don't work, still color me interested. But it can't hurt to try - well, unless you laugh so hard you fall off your chair or headesk your keyboard... But I've hardly had sugar today so my ideas are probably free from inducing GM aneurysms...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Roxy Rocket

I wanna say Ooze themed druid, but I'm really picky about my group games.

Gonna see where folks heads are at.

Kord

Quote from: Dizzied on February 09, 2014, 11:10:17 AM
I'd be interested in trying this, although I'd like to check one or two things first. I like the idea of some exotic non-con scenarios, but I do have certain limits--humanoid creatures would be my preference. I don't want my preferences to dominate the game for everyone involved, though, if that's not what the group wants. Is that something you can work with?

If so, I'd love to see a group of heroines find themselves in all sorts of sticky situations. ^_^

Hey Dizzied, personally I am fond of the non-humanoid interactions. If you did end up joining I could make it so that your character only had humanoid scenarios. That being said I probably would still have non-humanoid interactions for the other players. If you are comfortable with that feel free to apply, would love to have you along. If not, I completely understand and will keep you updated if anything changes.

Quote from: lockepick on February 09, 2014, 11:18:46 AM
I am interested -- as long as the GM is comfortable with a Male Player playing a Female Character.

If so: I am up for going full Exotic/NC personally. I was considering some kind of Witch, or maybe an Oracle, or maybe playing some kind of Rogue -- if we're flooded with casters.

Hey lockepick, I have no problems with you playing a female character. Would love to have you join.

Quote from: kimmy on February 09, 2014, 11:32:39 AM
Color me interested!

I've never gotten to try out the Advanced Race Guide yet - if I gave it a shot how many points would be ok to put together a race? The book seems to say most normal races are 10-12 points & a lot of the more monstrous ones can be made into nice 20-20ish point races (Which I'm guessing is about a +1 DND level adjustment?). I realize the story precludes a lot of monstrous races because of the artifact - but I have a few ideas that might work. I was thinking about Half-Dragons, Naga/Lamia (People with serpent tails instead of legs), Alu-Demon (Half-Succubus) & well, anything with wings or a tail. I'm a sucker for both :P

If they don't work, still color me interested. But it can't hurt to try - well, unless you laugh so hard you fall off your chair or headesk your keyboard... But I've hardly had sugar today so my ideas are probably free from inducing GM aneurysms...

Hey Kimmy, I don't mind if you want to make your own race if you keep it under 15 points. I would like a bit of lore behind anything you do make (If it is not already some). If you were to have a race that was 20ish RP I wouldn't mind if you start with a 1st level character. I am hesitant to let anything with a fly speed through, it is a pet-peeve of mine. If that is fine with you, I would love to have you along.

Lockepick

Glad to hear it!

What is going to be the process of you picking your 4-5 players? Are you looking to see full concepts/sheets before picking, or are you going to select a group and then have us work amongst ourselves to design a party?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kord

Oh Silly Kord... I completely forgot to mention that (I will update the initial post). All I would like at the moment is a character concept/background. You can send me a character sheet if you are so inclined but it is not required. If I like the application you will be accepted. Once I have 4-5 characters I will start the game threads. Any extra applications after the initial 5 I have accepted will be put on a waiting list in case we have someone drop out or we end up getting a co-dm.

Yukina

Almost forgot about that. I plan to play human bard who was pressured by her adopted parents (two higher ranked Valkyrie members) to join the mercenary band.

Antipaladin of Calista

I'd be interested in playing a cleric, paladin, or inquisitor. Depending on the religious preference of the VC I'd either pick Iomedae, Sarenrae, Calistria, or Shelyn

Miroque

Id like to play an human wizard or oracle, who had joined the Valkyries for protection, more that to gain skills. I was thinking she might have problems with her family (maybe hunted by them for some reason)

Kord

Quote from: Yugishogun on February 09, 2014, 07:07:03 PM
Almost forgot about that. I plan to play human bard who was pressured by her adopted parents (two higher ranked Valkyrie members) to join the mercenary band.

Sounds good, I can definitely work with that. Send the extended application to my inbox :-)

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on February 09, 2014, 07:30:36 PM
I'd be interested in playing a cleric, paladin, or inquisitor. Depending on the religious preference of the VC I'd either pick Iomedae, Sarenrae, Calistria, or Shelyn

The Valkyrie Company generally has no preferred deity but Grand Matron Illa'leth worships Iomedae if that is something you would like to use in your backstory. Send the extended application to my inbox.

Quote from: Miroque on February 09, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Id like to play an human wizard or oracle, who had joined the Valkyries for protection, more that to gain skills. I was thinking she might have problems with her family (maybe hunted by them for some reason)

Interesting concept! I would like to know more, please send the extended application to my inbox.

Antipaladin of Calista

Anything banned we should be aware of? For example, you mentioned you aren't fond of racial fly speed, so no Strix right?

Kord

Yeah Strix is right out. Besides that every race under 20 RP or under should be fine. As for classes, no synthesis summoners.

vin26m

Jeni, cleric of Calistria

Jeni is a human cleric of Calistria with Knowledge, Luck and/or Trickery domains. 

She's a scholar of sexuality and all manner of creatures. 

The more up close and personal she can get with a creature, the more she can understand it. 

She uses her magic to change her appearance. 

Her kisses and caresses are said to bring luck to the recipient. 

She's not the kind one would think of as a mercenary - she has hardly any martial skill.

Furthermore, when she doesn't have her head buried in her books, it's nestled between the thighs of another Valkyrie (perhaps while disguised as yet another Valkyrie or as one of the creatures she has mated met with). 

However, she could not turn down the call to join the Valkyries.  Travel the world with a bunch of hot babes and run into all manner of creatures?  Sign her up! 

The company makes great use of her services - those of her mind as well as her mouth and fingers.

Dizzied

Here's what I sent Kord:

Maiya Lainain is an elf, born outside of human lands and growing up in a foreign culture. Her people, in the elven nation of Ullearta, have customs and traditions that make most humans scoff. Perhaps foremost, they are a matriarchal society, primarily controlled by females. Most positions of power, from priestess to warrior, are held by females exclusively. Males are relegated to artisans, laborers, farmers and other such jobs, but they are forbidden to pick up the sword. This stems from a civil war that nearly tore the nation apart several thousand years ago. Nearly 90% of the male population was destroyed, and when peace was settled, it was decided that men were too easy to upset, and too quick to take violent reprisal. Thus, women are trained extensively from a young age to carry and use the sword, the bow, and other weapons. Though they lack the innate strength of males, their nation prides itself on the quick hands and minds of their daughters, and they are said to be excellent warriors. To this day, their traditions hold true--they are a primarily peaceful nation, but their armies contain no males.

Maiya grew up in a common house in Ullearta, daughter of merchant parents. Her father was a successful businessman, her mother a capable footwoman and merchant in her own right. Maiya had an older sister, Kei, who their parents trained to take over the business. However, Kei did not have Maiya's inborn wit and cunning. Her parents saw that Kei needed extra help, and did everything they could to provide it for her. Lacking business sense, Kei sought nothing more than to be a warrior for the nation. Maiya would sit in on her parents' lessons for her sister, learning and demonstrating for them, but to her dismay, most of her parents' attention seemed focused on her 'needy' older sister. Frustrated, the young elf grew up to be somewhat brooding, and set about learning the sword from her mother to vent her frustrations.

She was quite a skilled fencer, arguably better than her older sister who sought to learn professionally. This sparked tension between the two, and they were constantly bickering and fighting  as they grew up. When their parents left for a business trip one day, the two finally settled in a fight with live blades. Though neither sister died, they were both wounded--however, Maiya was the clear victor.

Kei couldn't accept her own failure, and fell into depression. Their parents punished them both harshly when they came back to find the house a mess, and their daughters in bandages. Yet in Maiya's eyes, they focused all of the blame on her, asking why she simply couldn't let her sister be. Maiya had had enough. She ran away from home with nothing but her sword and the clothes on her back. That was twenty years ago, and she is now a young elf of 118 years. She's wandered to the human lands, and has made her way by learning the underground life. She performs odd jobs, and occasionally picks pockets, but prefers and honest paycheck over ill-gotten gold. She's proud of her swordsmanship and practices every day, hoping to someday have her name on the lips of the bards, and to have her parents come and acknowledge her with the respect she believes she is due.

She has signed up to join the Valkyries, knowing that there are many great warriors in their ranks, and confident that someday she can number amongst them. Fiery-hearted and passionate, she hopes to catch the eyes of one of the masters who may teach her her skills someday. Until then, she's more than happy to do mercenary work and be paid for it.

Character sheet is still being finalized, but here's what I have so far. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=793428

Kord

Applications are looking good so far. I will be closing it up and deciding who is in the group within the next day or two.

EDIT: Applications are still very much open.

Kimmy

Some many ideas to put out. Here's my first. Let me know if you like her or not - I have others but I can only write one thing at a time ^^'

Allandri, Cursed Rogue & Performer
Character Concept: Allandri is a cursed rogue, thief & performer.
Class: Rogue (or anyway with a similar skill set.) Perhaps with a dash of some Swashbuckler class/prestige class later.
Personality: Charming, Competitive, Openly Expressive, Mischievious & Loves a Challenge.
Family: Petalri, Mother & performer.
Curse: Allandri's stole the cat's eye jewel from a shrine to the Hag Gyronna. The gem is a means for Gyronna to see into the world - and any who defile her shrines earn her ire! Allandri's first punishment was to spend a year serving under one of her hidden servants. But Gyronna's ire doesn't end there. Instead Allandri 'found' her way into the Valkeries, where Gyronna planned to unveil the truth behind our lust for beauty. Allandri still bears the eye - Gyronna wishes to see her terror & plight yet to come...
Race: I would love to play something different to the usual human/elves/gnomes/dwarves etc. It could be as simple a wayward catgirl or a half-demon/devil. I like tails :P Or something more monstrous like a sssinuous serpent folk... It would be something to work with you since this is just as much about your tastes as mine. It's not about power - just, something a little different. Catgirls, Fey, Weres, Serpentine characters, Spider like creatures, Centaurs, Demons/Devils/Angels - their all things I never get to play because their too powerful. But here you can make them modest & balance them to suit your taste. If you have ideas of your own, please share! ^_^ I like new things.
Though a regular elf or human is fine too.
Player Ons/Offs: I'm not good with gore & blood. I enjoy NC & everywhere it can lead. Monsters of all varieties are welcome too. You don't need to limit yourself to more familiar, humanoid types. I like trying new things - though undead can be rather icky... I'm pretty open & have a definite weakness for badguys & badgirls.

Allandri's Background
Allandri grew up travelling with her mother, Petalri. Petalri is a performer. She mixes dance, trickery & plays to entice her crowds. Her success was never huge - but her name is known & they had a welcome room in most decent taverns. And quite a few more of the more indecent ones.

Allandri grew up following her mother's footsteps. Learning the art of crafting beauty & grace. Though she also took after her mother's more troublesome traits as well. Allandri enjoyed tussling with boys and climbing trees just as much as she liked to slip on a gown & dance through the night. She also had a bad habit of climbing to the market rooftops & watching the theives work - before practising her talents on her friends. Her favorite prize was to steal a tie or jacket from the boys - though the girls wouldn't say what she stole from them.

Allandri tried to step out on her own, crafting her own performance. Her skills were solid. But she lacked the experience to draw in the larger audiences like her mother. And her ... hobbies, caused problems. Allandri 'found' a beautiful cats eye gem atop a stone pile. Enticed by it's beauty, She took the piece & had it crafted into a setting of pearls. It was the center piece of her collection - but it drew trouble to Allandri. It's owner was waiting in Allandri's room after her next performance. The woman was with the watch - though she offered Allandri a choice. Service or jail. Having little choice, Allandri spent a year working for the woman. She had a particular cruelness within her - finding ways to leave Allandri exposed & humiliated. Allandri suffered difficult & revealing outfits, degrading orders & her mistakes were punished with humiliation. Though the woman never reduced Allandri to sexual service. If she'd tried - Allandri would have fled. But somehow, the woman's cruelness kept Allandri afraid & obediant - unwilling - but obediant enough to stay.

When Allandri's freedom came, she was set free. Her possessions were meager - a lurid uniform & the cat's eye necklace she stole. Her mistress had insisted she keep it. Allandri took the first escape she found - the Valkeries. They offered gold, boarding & training - and anything they wanted of her would be far easier than her past year.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Roxy Rocket

withdrawn

Miroque

Il post more detailed app when i get home tonight.. typing with phone is drag and not the queen type of drag