Future/star ship/ explores (intrested?)

Started by Jackie, April 26, 2006, 04:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackie

Year 3098 at 16:00 the star ship vigilance left the home planet of earth aboard one hundred explores, of mixed races and genders… At 23:00, the star ship vanished from the radar system… Three years have passed and no one has heard or reported any trace of the one hundred explores aboard the ship…

This is the starting of an idea… If others are interested in, creating characters for explores aboard the star ship…
Of course, this is just in the idea phase… Brainstorming ideas… Plots are all welcome…

Character idea might be human, alien, mixed alien/human, soldiers, cyborgs, robots.. 

I don’t want to take this from the premade versions of “Star Wars” or any other movie idea. I would like this to be creative minds working together in coming up with our own guidelines then pulling everything that is roleplayed from a movie..
Hogwarts:Kiah Sloan

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly."

kasen03

Hey Jackie.

I love Sci-fi.. and one of my long-term plots I'm running is a sci-fi based on an OOOOLD obsolete rpg called "Star Frontiers"..

I'd love to help brainstorm..and depending on the nature of the game I may step up and put my money where my mouth is :)

Is this going to be a sortof 'Event Horizen' type plot where we go back to investigate the lost ship..or the adventures of the lost ship ala Lost in Space?

Vandren

I was thinking up a game along similar lines . . . so I'd definitely be interested (if I get a bit more time).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

RogueJedi

I would be interested.  As for the other, depending on the route you want to go, I am also available for some brainstorming.

Jackie

good morning evening afternoon whatever time it may be for You.. i am so happy to see others showing intrest..

the route i am looking foward to going on is in depth plots of exploration, rescue, perhaps the setting up of a city where the ship landed/crashed..  i have found that a few of us (including myself) fizzle out when the roleplay is strickly of adult content.. We all have our moments where we just do not feel in the mood to write sentually and we need something more with stable  foundation... How do we accomplish this? that is where i need the brainstoming ideas, i am horrible at comming up with plot ideas at times.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly."

kasen03

Ola..

I know you stated you didn't wish to stay with any set paradim..but I generally feel the opposite.  I do tend to like the more obscure sci-fi games (Star Frontiers, Traveller TNE, Battlelords, etc) but games like that have establish feel to them..they have aliens which are balanced and work within the theme..etc etc.  And games don't need to really bother with the rules.  I invite people to check out the game 'Future Awakenings' that I'm running here..

The whole crash-landed is a great starting..especially if it's set up that the characters don't know each other before hand (perhaps it was a liner..perhap some sortof merchent vessel attacked by pirates in orbit..etc etc) and be forced to work together to survive :)

And again..games don't need to have an adult bend to them.. the plot based ones are great as well.

I've not had a great success with group games here :( but this is intriguing :)

Here is the link to my own game (which is one of my favourates I've ever run)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=934.0

kasen03

Did this game die?

Jackie..are you still interested in running this?  Or if not.. I could potentially offer to take it over.. This game spurrs some fun ideas in me.. the whole exploration theme :)  And it's good type of game to play with a small group of players.

GoldenChild

Wrathie

As a bona fide sci-fi geek girl, with a particular interest in robots, I'm very interested :)

I've also been reading my way through Neil Asher's 'Gridlinked', which has a number of elements I'd love to incorporate.

Either way, I'm keen on playing and available to brainstorm!
It's not paranoia when they are out to get you.
On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4535

kasen03

Hopefully Jackie comes back.

I always adored the Star Frontiers system (TSR - mid 80's)  Not so much from the rules system (which stank) but from the paradime established.  I loved the aliens.. the society..etc.

In many ways it had a sortof 'wild west' feel to it..where the pc's could walk down the streets with their sidearm at their..err..side.. and dole out justice... go explore new worlds .. fight off the insiduious 'Bad Guys' which usually were Sathar..or their agents.. etc etc.

I'm running one game using that system as a backdrop..although much like the first game I'm running.. I think it would work best if it was more rules lite - rp heavy :) then the other way around.

Plus.. being such an old game.. ALL of the books are availible online :)

Wrathie

I have to admit, I'm not big on rules systems at all. I see them as a necessary evil for combat-heavy games, and that's about it. Even then, good storytelling can probably remove the need for them.

Still, if Jackie doesn't come back, then I'm willing to at least try and admin a group game, if people are keen... with the caveat that it'll be my first on here, so patience will be needed by all players :)

Jackie

sorry all rt is taking me away from play for a bit.. please take over start it if i am able to come back in any quality of time.. i will see whats going on and  perhaps work up a character..

Wrathie

So who is at this moment up for it? Perhaps a brainstorming thread, and ideas for a system if any?

kasen03

*smiles at wraitholme*

Well.. With the recent death of my Star Frontiers game.. I would LOVE to start up a small group game based on that system.  Rules light.. more being a game focused on the story.. not the die rolls. 

Heck.. we could run through some of the old modules..or pull something new together.  I always hold a special place in my heart for the game.. I love the aliens..

It's also neat that in a way Earth doesn't exist.. (which gets around that whole future-history issue).. although I've always sortof taken it as one of the planets (named Timeon) is actually old earth.

It's sortof a StarWars meets the Old West feel with some Star Trek thrown in.

It's set in the 'Frontier'.. there are 4 dominent races - Humans, Dralasites (amorphous blobs), Vrusk (insectoid), and Yarzarian (Flying Monkeys).  There is a 'evil bad guy' race.. as well as some rim races to add variety. 

And I would just love to run a game :) If I could get players. :)

Wrathie

Well, it sounds good, although I don't know the system. Is it legally found anywhere online? Any links you recommend?

kasen03

Yeah...let me get home and I'll find you the websites I have.  Good thing with dead games.. once it semi-legitly passes into the public domain there is a plethroa of material for it. :)

I think it may just be the two of us left..although I've talked offline with some other potential players :)  If I can interest you..perhaps I'll go and talk with a goddess about opening up a game someplace :)

GoldenChild

Hey! I'm interested... :) but I would like to know more about the game before really deciding.

kasen03

Woot :)

First thing I'll do when I get home is post some links on the rules.. although a note.. I'm going to be rules lite.. these are more for guidelines and thematic rather then any 'etched in stone you must roll your d10 before you can walk up the stairs' type of play :)

I still think that Dralasites would be the most amazing alien-human partner *winks*

kasen03

Here we go :)

http://www.starfrontiers.com/index.htm

Inside the 'rules' section are copies of the rule books.  There are modules there too.. as well as other little yummies :)

I was also running a game here.. which is a somewhat introduction to the game.. and some of the aliens:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=934.0

Wrathie

It looks very interesting. I'm still a little fixated on the idea of playing in the Neal Asher universe, but maybe I'll offer a 1-on-1 for that.

Yes, that's what I think I'll do.

*toddles off to post in the Games Wanted thread*

Meanwhile, roll out your game when you're ready, Kasen :)

kasen03

Sorry there was no movement this weekend..

I'll be putting in a request to have the game set up.  Since it's not /sexual/ orientated..but rather an adult game that /can/ go sexual if required..I'll have the goddess' put it where they feel it's appropreate.  Except a link to follow :)

Has anyone checked out that Star Frontier's link to see abit about the aliens.. worlds..etc etc?

I've always personally thought...in the sexual sense.. a dralasite would be the ulitmate sexual being for a human..being they can alter their body shape at will..and their entire body acts as a muscle..heh heh

GoldenChild

Quote from: kasen03 on May 08, 2006, 05:32:15 AM
I've always personally thought...in the sexual sense.. a dralasite would be the ulitmate sexual being for a human..being they can alter their body shape at will..and their entire body acts as a muscle..heh heh

Hmmm interesting...

kasen03

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=222.0

Thread started.. more info to follow in days to come :)

Come one..come all..

Zakharra

Sounds intertesting. Have room for another? I have some Star Fontiers stuff at home. The box set.

kasen03

Right now the game is just being pulled together.. please..welcome..come one come all :)

Hunter

Quote from: Zakharra on May 08, 2006, 08:41:29 PM
Sounds intertesting. Have room for another? I have some Star Fontiers stuff at home. The box set.

Yah!  Another Star Frontiers fan!  *hugs*

kasen03

*Peers about curiously*

There appeared to be some interest in this.. we have the boards created.. but apart from a couple people peering in.. there's been no movement..either over PM's or postings on the board (apart from Hunter's question!)

Is anyone still interested in coming along?  I'd even play with just one..although more the merrier :)  And if you don't want to play the aliens..there are always humans :)

Timiko

kasen03

Tim!!

Come to this board

And read through.. post any questions you may have on the question sheet. :) Hopefully if we have some interest..I'll start the one-on-one introductions as we pull people together.