Walmart and Zombies, What Could Go Wrong? (Recruiting)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, January 21, 2018, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Basically the title says it all! I would like to start a small group game around a couple of strangers, potentially, all shopping late night Walmart when the zombie outbreak begins.

Now I was thinking these would be kind of like walking dead zombies but with a mixture of the crazies. What I mean by that. Essentially, they are infected with a parasite. Parasite x. That forces them to infect others who aren't like them. Causing them to seek out humans. This parasite will also keep them alive after death so to speak. The bodies can sustain massive damage but the brain keeps on ticking. So yes, the brain stem has to be severed.

To sum up, they are more like crazy people until they die in which they become more like traditional zombies.

So the start of the game will be with a small amount of people in the Walmart, workers, shoppers, stuff like that when the outbreak reaches the town.

The focus of this game will be less kill as many zombies as possible, and more about the small group of people collecting supplies and trying to survive. They're in a Walmart. I'm setting it up so that they start wit ha lot of supplies and then begin trying to find somewhere to hole up potentially until everything is over. Though we all know that's not the case.

I want regular, run of the mill people. An ex soldier maybe one. A nurse possibly. More regular though. If you're interested fill out a CS!

[float=left] Appearnce[/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (20+)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]On/Offs[/b]

Name: Christina Gallow

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Christina is an upbeat kind of girl. She takes what people say with a grain of salt. Confident, independent, snarky, witty, and charming. She knows how to work her way out of most things. Loyal to a fault, Christina typically takes on too much responsibility and will do almost anything for her friends.

History: The single child of a yoga instructor mother and a father who taught gymnastics as well as volleyball at the local high school, Chris was groomed from a young age to be athletic.

Christina went to school like any other kid, made average grades, played volleyball and was enrolled in gymnastics. Neither of her parents pressured her to be anything more than what she was. Chris was raised to be honest, loyal, and most of all happy. At a young age they encouraged her to follow her dreams.

At sixteen Christina decided what she wanted to do was follow in her father’s footsteps and be a teacher as well. After finishing high school Christina went to college to be an English teacher. After graduating college, with average grades just like high school, Christina took her father’s position up as a volleyball coach at a nearby high school as well as one of the English teachers.

Ons/Offs
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Endorphin

This looks like a lot of fun and I'd be keen to join. I'll run a few character ideas past you when I get a chance (in the next 12 hours or so).
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Endorphin on January 21, 2018, 08:02:10 PM
This looks like a lot of fun and I'd be keen to join. I'll run a few character ideas past you when I get a chance (in the next 12 hours or so).

Awesome, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Amarlo

I am intrigued. I will be keeping an eye on this. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Amarlo on January 21, 2018, 09:31:50 PM
I am intrigued. I will be keeping an eye on this. :)

Got to love a zombie game eh?

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Norsegod1839

I would like to be a part of this as well! If you are still looking that is!

AmbrosiaPudding

Definitely still looking. I'd like to get anywhere from 4-6 players to start.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

yuki92

This seems really fun! I'm interested to join in.

I'm thinking of an exchange student who worked part-time on Walmart (Cashier/Sales Associate), and has basic knowledge of medicine (modern and traditional)

I'll send in the sheet soon~

Kaspider

This looks fun. You have enough players for this or squeeze a couple more in?
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Kaspider

Will this start in Walmart then branch off in the wilderness? Everyone will keep together or they will pair off?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Kaspider on January 22, 2018, 11:18:21 AM
Will this start in Walmart then branch off in the wilderness? Everyone will keep together or they will pair off?

My plan is for it to start in Walmart and then everyone kind of group together.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheHighwayHitman

Is a Truck Driver with an 18-wheeler in the parking lot normal enough?  Literally inside to use the can and pick up a few more supplies before hitting the road again?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: TheHighwayHitman on January 22, 2018, 01:15:27 PM
Is a Truck Driver with an 18-wheeler in the parking lot normal enough?  Literally inside to use the can and pick up a few more supplies before hitting the road again?

Sounds pretty normal to me. I see them in parking lots all the time at night.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Kaspider

Can I play a hippie Indian girl who has come over to study but had other things on her mind like weed and partying? She's in to buy some alcohol, getting ready to go to a house party when the zombie outbreak happens.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Kaspider on January 22, 2018, 01:35:47 PM
Can I play a hippie Indian girl who has come over to study but had other things on her mind like weed and partying? She's in to buy some alcohol, getting ready to go to a house party when the zombie outbreak happens.

I don't want to stifle the creative process so, I guess? Though I'm not quite sure that you'll find a foreign exchange student in a late night Walmart.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Kaspider

Can you buy alcohol at Walmart at night? Here in uk, you can't buy after 10pm.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Kaspider on January 22, 2018, 03:39:09 PM
Can you buy alcohol at Walmart at night? Here in uk, you can't buy after 10pm.

In some places you can. In some Walmart's they only sell wine.

If everyone who is interested could get me a CS we can get the ball rolling.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Endorphin

Will do Carnage. I'll update the paramedic concept I sent to you and should have something posted today. Are you expecting characters to have any particular items and equipment? I expect that everyone will have the usual cell phone, wallet, keys etc. Maybe a small bag of items. I could potentially come with an ambulance with full of life-support equipment and a radio - parked in the carpark and requiring specific, dangerous 'mission' through hoards of zombies to recover. Thoughts?

In Australia, alcohol supply is limited to pubs/taverns and bottleshops - though they are absolutely ubiquitous. In think they may have only recently allowed selling liquor in supermarkets, so that's pretty new to me.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Kaspider

Quote from: Endorphin on January 22, 2018, 04:52:17 PM

In Australia, alcohol supply is limited to pubs/taverns and bottleshops - though they are absolutely ubiquitous. In think they may have only recently allowed selling liquor in supermarkets, so that's pretty new to me.

Really? In Australia too? Here, in UK, alcohol is supplied by most major supermarkets like Tescos and Asda which is a part of the Wal-Mart group here. But the sale is restricted after 10 pm.

Anyway, my character would be a party animal who is all ready and set to go to a house party and she is stopping at Walmart to grab some alcohol. I will create a proper character sheet and post it.

Green Goo Theory

Interested!  And in the US it varies from state to state.  Or even county or town level on whether a supermarket or service station can sell alcohol.  It's probably just going to come down to DM/GM discretion here.
Coming soon...

Endorphin

Surely, we need to have access to alcohol to drown our sorrows or lift morale. Surely!

The more pertinent question is: what is the availability of guns ‘n’ ammo, 8” kitchen knives, garden tools, power tools, hand tools, first aid? Food supplies, clothes and bedding, construction materials, somewhere like a security office or similar to make an effective bunker? All that kind of stuff.

Has anyone played Dead of Winter, BTW? That's a really neat zombie apocalypse survival game I think of when I think of this thread.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Endorphin on January 22, 2018, 08:28:52 PM
The more pertinent question is: what is the availability of guns ‘n’ ammo, 8” kitchen knives, garden tools, power tools, hand tools, first aid? Food supplies, clothes and bedding, construction materials, somewhere like a security office or similar to make an effective bunker? All that kind of stuff.

For the first little while, some things will be readily available.  Until the military tries to move in more crazies stock up on stuff and things like that will replenish supplies.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

yuki92

Is this okay?

character sheet
Name: Ruka Takeda (武田瑠香)
Sexuality: Bicurious
Personality: Ruka is a happy-go-lucky kind of girl. She likes to talk with people and enjoy the time with them. She is easy-going and always trying to be friendly with anyone, sometime people will feel uncomfortable, but she will still do it anyway. She doesn't really care about the future and just want to enjoy her life and do whatever she want to do at that time. That's why she is simply doing what interest her and can have a change of heart in a blink of eyes. She has a hard time to commit to something or someone.

History: Ruka was a daughter of a rich businessman family in Japan, she got everything she wanted and because of that she got bored of anything easily. She tried computer game, many kind of sports and martial arts, even though she could do all of it, she just learned the basic of the basic and moved on because she was bored. Through her high school, she tried a lot of activity ranging from modeling to writing, became chef, but nothing really caught her interest. When she tried on performed singing and dancing on stage during cultural festival, finally she found something that not made her bored. Not the performing part, but the interaction with the other people, she loved it. She just realized that interacting with her friends (and fans) after performing was really exhalirating, and she had a lot of fun doing that. So, she decided to hone her skill of performing on stage to meet more people.

And after graduating from high school, she got a chance to be an exchange student to US, an opportunity to see a whole new world and a whole new kind of people, which she couldn't ignore. So, she accepted it and finally went abroad. She studied psychology in US and after some discussion with the education board, considering her financial condition, she was allowed to take part-time job that in direct contact with people to help her study of human behavior as long as it wasn't hindering her study. So, she got a job on Walmart as a night shift Sales associate, with her main responsibilities being to help customer looking for product or answer customer question. By day, she studied as an exchange student and sales associate by night. She enjoyed both of it, as long as she could meet a lot of different people. She was still practicing sing and dance from time to time.

On/Offs O/O