Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist (Recruitment Closed! )

Started by MaiMizzu, July 10, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

The Legend of Zelda: The Alchemist

Hyrule...
A young Kokiri boy without a fairy began a journey that would save his world. He traversed lands and time, and in the end his Courage brought peace to Hyrule. From the future he was sent back to his present, and he was able to warn the royal family of Hyrule about the forthcoming treachery of a bandit known as Ganondorf. Having been found out, Ganon flees the castle of Hyrule and begins a kingdom wide plot of terror. He ravaged villages, stole all he could get his hands on, and was in the process of building an army to out and out destroy the royal family of Hyrule... and the child that had somehow seen passed his facade of loyalty to the kingdom.

Years pass, and that same Kokiri child finally hunted down the maniac known as Ganon, and with the aid of the Princess Zelda.. they were able to lock away Ganon into another realm, forever sealed away.

Or so they thought.

Years have passed, and that young Kokiri boy has grown up, and now is one of the leaders of an elite guard of the royal family. Peace has embraced the land of Hyrule. But now the shadows stir, and rumors of a new and powerful cult are brought to the ears of all Hyrule's innocent citizens. A random murder here and there.. but it feels like it's all leading to something big...

So that's the basic premise. As stated, there will be the main characters from LoZ, we're going specifically with the Ocarina of Time. It will involve those characters, and a character who's origin is from the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist. Trust me, it will all make sense! lol

I see this as an ongoing game, with mostly the interactions of the Elite Guard. We have a few spots in the guard filled, along with Link and tenatively a Zelda. I see a total of perhaps 3 or 4 more guard. We'll also need people to NPC cultists, unless they want to actually play the cultists as characters.
Jean Bosch- MaiMizzu
Link- Apygoos
Zelda - Katida Desu
Elite Guard Nivan - Strifesblaze7
Elite Guard Relius - 1SAZ
Elite Guard Thor Goron - Mathim
Elite Guard ?
Elite Guard ?
Cultist(s) ?

Rules
1. All posts need to be at least a paragraph. Feel free to be way longer than that
2. There will be a tenative posting order. I don't see a problem with people posting in the order of the first round
3. I see multiple threads (if we're allowed multiple threads) for different locations in Hyrule
4. No auto hits! I'd really love for the confrontations with enemies and cultists not to be anything more than a chance for the player to show off how strong and cool their characters are. I think the enemies should be able to beat us once in a while. Maybe we'll do dice rolls to decide whether or not your character actually loses a fight, and then RP it out.
5. That said, no characters will be fatally wounded or killed unless the player specifically allows it. No exceptions.
6. Smut.. um... I love romances in RP's like this. But be respectful of other players. No banging in the middle of the throne room!!
More to come...

Any questions.. please please feel free to ask! Or just IM me! Or find me on yahoo pager, FFXIVGhost
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Well if you wanted to follow official cannon using OoT as a focal point:
In the Child era, Gannondorf is executed, then the events of Majoras mask takes place. Then it is untold how many generations pases before the events of Twilight Princess take place
Either way, I'm up for this game, no matter how big or small. I'd enjoy giving a more vocal personality to Link

I also find it funny how i find this when i had the urge for a Zelda game.

MaiMizzu

What do you think about the rest of the ideas? about him being part of a small band of knights and all?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

apygoos

After everything he went though, it would make sense. He single handedly fought those dark forces and has experience that most soldiers take more than a lifetime to achieve. Would Link still wield the Master Sword once he came of proper age? or leave it sealed in the Temple of Time? Would these knights be capable of preforming magic similarly to Link?

MaiMizzu

I think he would have the Master Sword, right? I mean if I remember right, it was used to unlock the time temple. And since there's no need for it now.. I forget.. at the end of OOC, was the sword still there? I mean this is something we could decide.
As for magic.. link kind of had limited magic, relatively. I dont see why others couldnt.

apygoos

He used the 3 gems to unlock the inner sanctum to the Master Sword. In the kid timeline, the sword remained there. Once he grew older he would be able to properly wield it.

MaiMizzu

If there wasn't real need, I don't think he'd habe the master sword. I mean it's more than njust a sword, its kind of considered sacred, right? Maybe if a need arises..

And by the way, in case it's not clear, the knights don't habe to be males. So that can open up the story a lil more

apygoos

that's true, the Sword remains in the stone until a need arises. I'm pretty sure if Link were to lead an elite squad, it would be people that he thinks would be worthy of the Triforce of Courage as he was, possibly. either way, im all in and all for plot collabing and whatnot.

1SAZ

You've caught my interest since I'm a huge LoZ fan (since I played the first one as a child) and would love to see where this story goes. I think I'd probably go with one of the Elite Knight roles, but not sure which race I would be... I'd have to think on that one.

Strifesblaze7

I think I'd play a male Elf elite if that is okay?

Strifesblaze7

Hylian, I had to go look up the name again, called them elves for the ears.

MaiMizzu

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/races-of-hyrule/

That should be useful for everyone in this. So, thus far we have 2 of the elite guard and link. Awesome! Having a zeld a in the group would be ideal, maybe 2 or three more elite guard. We may want to have some pull double duty as the cultists. I'll be p laying the alchemist and some npc cultists.

apygoos

well if i commit to link, given my other games, at least from the start, i cant commit to more than that. Either way, Im excited.

MaiMizzu

I'll make a character template tonight when I get home from work.

Eislynn

Might be interested - possibly in the Zelda role, but I'm a little rusty on my Hylian lore though... Plus i dont usually play cannon characters. But I'll give it a shot as long as everyone promises to please bear with me if I make any errors and point them out so I can fix. (>人<;)

Mathim

This sounds fascinating (I had my own idea for a LoZ plot); I was going to suggest one of the elite guards be Impa since she's always been Zelda's caretaker anyway and a female shadowy ninja-type character would be awesome. Shouldn't Link also have some kind of tiny companion-type character like Navi or Midna or something along those lines? Just trying to expand the roster if it needs to be so.

I'm torn between playing a spear-wielding Zora Knight or a Goron with a big hammer.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mister Grimm

I have a tentative interest in this game. Not sure if I'll join yet but I'm fairly interested.
I was thinking, if its allowed, of making a half-Sheikah half- Hylian (or full Sheikah) male. The Sheikah were believed to be gone aside from Impa and a hinted few but I don't think it was ever really confirmed?
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Mathim

Yeah, the mystery of the Sheikah always intrigued me. The plot I mentioned I came up with basically revolves around it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Strifesblaze7

Ill work on my Hylian once you put up a sheet.

MaiMizzu

Okay everyone... here's what I whipped up really quick. Is it to much? Not enough? Anything I missed?

Name: What do we call you?
Race: What race were you born as?
Sexuality: Hetrosexual, homosexual, whatever it might be
Approximate Age (human years): Since I don’t know of a real scale of  average years for the races of the game, we’ll use approximate human age as a standard
Specialty: Does your character specialize in one type of fighting, or in performing a specific task? Like maybe your character is a good healer/doctor, or good with spear fighting, or sword/shield play.
City of origin: Where your character was born
Personality: Tell us a little about your character’s attitude and outlook towards others
Weakness or Flaws: We should also include some flaws of your character. Don’t worry, nothing will be used IC
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Does your character only use a specific kind of weapon, or a variety of weapons? You should perhaps list whatever weapons they normally carry with them.
Item(s) Carried: This one is for whatever items your character carries. I kind of think it would be a good idea to have a limit on how many things your character can carry at once. So no one conveniently has an item they need in any situation
Appearance: If you want to post a pic, cool. If you want to describe the look of your character, cool. Both? Even better.

Strifesblaze7

MaiMizzu

I dont see why not. Maybe we could even get a few more players if we did

Strifesblaze7

Alright, will get to work post haste. XD

MaiMizzu

Quote from: apygoos
well if i commit to link, given my other games, at least from the start, i cant commit to more than that. Either way, Im excited.
Dude, no worries at all! I'm glad to have you aboard!

Quote from: Katida desuMight be interested - possibly in the Zelda role, but I'm a little rusty on my Hylian lore though... Plus i dont usually play cannon characters. But I'll give it a shot as long as everyone promises to please bear with me if I make any errors and point them out so I can fix. (>人<;)
We'd love to have you as our Zelda! ANd no one is going to be all nazi about canon, since I'm a little rusty on it too. I think playing Zelda actually leaves you with a bit of freedom. I mean most of the games have involved Link primarily.. Zelda has usually been in the role of victim of one sort or another, right? Now is your chance to spread her wings a little, give her more personality. We basically know what Zelda is about... willing to sacrifice whatever for her people or friends, loyal, a fighter when need be... just build on that. Makes sense, right?

Quote from: Mathim
This sounds fascinating (I had my own idea for a LoZ plot); I was going to suggest one of the elite guards be Impa since she's always been Zelda's caretaker anyway and a female shadowy ninja-type character would be awesome. Shouldn't Link also have some kind of tiny companion-type character like Navi or Midna or something along those lines? Just trying to expand the roster if it needs to be so.
I'm torn between playing a spear-wielding Zora Knight or a Goron with a big hammer.
If Apy would like to NPC a lil companion for Link, he certainly could. Or if someone would be satisfied playing the role, cool. But in this context, I'm not sure it'd be necessary. I mean Link is kind of part of a team now.
I agree with the Impa part, and the female ninja-type thingy. If someone wants to play a character like that, I welcome it!
Whichever kind of character you pick, we'd love to have you aboard! Either one sounds awesome!

Quote from: Mister GrimmI was thinking, if its allowed, of making a half-Sheikah half- Hylian (or full Sheikah) male. The Sheikah were believed to be gone aside from Impa and a hinted few but I don't think it was ever really confirmed?
I have no objections to you playing such a character. I mean it is our story.. there's no reason why not. As long as you love the character, bring it!