You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 16, 2017, 07:00:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist (Recruitment Closed! )  (Read 2432 times)

Offline MaiMizzuTopic starter

The Legend of Zelda: The Alchemist

Hyrule...
A young Kokiri boy without a fairy began a journey that would save his world. He traversed lands and time, and in the end his Courage brought peace to Hyrule. From the future he was sent back to his present, and he was able to warn the royal family of Hyrule about the forthcoming treachery of a bandit known as Ganondorf. Having been found out, Ganon flees the castle of Hyrule and begins a kingdom wide plot of terror. He ravaged villages, stole all he could get his hands on, and was in the process of building an army to out and out destroy the royal family of Hyrule... and the child that had somehow seen passed his facade of loyalty to the kingdom.

Years pass, and that same Kokiri child finally hunted down the maniac known as Ganon, and with the aid of the Princess Zelda.. they were able to lock away Ganon into another realm, forever sealed away.

Or so they thought.

Years have passed, and that young Kokiri boy has grown up, and now is one of the leaders of an elite guard of the royal family. Peace has embraced the land of Hyrule. But now the shadows stir, and rumors of a new and powerful cult are brought to the ears of all Hyrule's innocent citizens. A random murder here and there.. but it feels like it's all leading to something big...

So that's the basic premise. As stated, there will be the main characters from LoZ, we're going specifically with the Ocarina of Time. It will involve those characters, and a character who's origin is from the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist. Trust me, it will all make sense! lol

I see this as an ongoing game, with mostly the interactions of the Elite Guard. We have a few spots in the guard filled, along with Link and tenatively a Zelda. I see a total of perhaps 3 or 4 more guard. We'll also need people to NPC cultists, unless they want to actually play the cultists as characters.
Jean Bosch- MaiMizzu
Link- Apygoos
Zelda - Katida Desu
Elite Guard Nivan - Strifesblaze7
Elite Guard Relius - 1SAZ
Elite Guard Thor Goron - Mathim
Elite Guard ?
Elite Guard ?
Cultist(s) ?

Rules
1. All posts need to be at least a paragraph. Feel free to be way longer than that
2. There will be a tenative posting order. I don't see a problem with people posting in the order of the first round
3. I see multiple threads (if we're allowed multiple threads) for different locations in Hyrule
4. No auto hits! I'd really love for the confrontations with enemies and cultists not to be anything more than a chance for the player to show off how strong and cool their characters are. I think the enemies should be able to beat us once in a while. Maybe we'll do dice rolls to decide whether or not your character actually loses a fight, and then RP it out.
5. That said, no characters will be fatally wounded or killed unless the player specifically allows it. No exceptions.
6. Smut.. um... I love romances in RP's like this. But be respectful of other players. No banging in the middle of the throne room!!
More to come...

Any questions.. please please feel free to ask! Or just IM me! Or find me on yahoo pager, FFXIVGhost
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:57:51 AM by MaiMizzu »

Offline apygoos

Re: Legend of Zelda: The Alchemist
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
Well if you wanted to follow official cannon using OoT as a focal point:
In the Child era, Gannondorf is executed, then the events of Majoras mask takes place. Then it is untold how many generations pases before the events of Twilight Princess take place
Either way, I'm up for this game, no matter how big or small. I'd enjoy giving a more vocal personality to Link

I also find it funny how i find this when i had the urge for a Zelda game.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:51:02 PM by apygoos »

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »
What do you think about the rest of the ideas? about him being part of a small band of knights and all?

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »
I like it...

Offline apygoos

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »
After everything he went though, it would make sense. He single handedly fought those dark forces and has experience that most soldiers take more than a lifetime to achieve. Would Link still wield the Master Sword once he came of proper age? or leave it sealed in the Temple of Time? Would these knights be capable of preforming magic similarly to Link?

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:15:07 PM »
I think he would have the Master Sword, right? I mean if I remember right, it was used to unlock the time temple. And since there's no need for it now.. I forget.. at the end of OOC, was the sword still there? I mean this is something we could decide.
As for magic.. link kind of had limited magic, relatively. I dont see why others couldnt.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
He used the 3 gems to unlock the inner sanctum to the Master Sword. In the kid timeline, the sword remained there. Once he grew older he would be able to properly wield it.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
If there wasn't real need, I don't think he'd habe the master sword. I mean it's more than njust a sword, its kind of considered sacred, right? Maybe if a need arises..

And by the way, in case it's not clear, the knights don't habe to be males. So that can open up the story a lil more

Offline apygoos

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »
that's true, the Sword remains in the stone until a need arises. I'm pretty sure if Link were to lead an elite squad, it would be people that he thinks would be worthy of the Triforce of Courage as he was, possibly. either way, im all in and all for plot collabing and whatnot.

Offline 1SAZ

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »
You've caught my interest since I'm a huge LoZ fan (since I played the first one as a child) and would love to see where this story goes. I think I'd probably go with one of the Elite Knight roles, but not sure which race I would be... I'd have to think on that one.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »
I think I'd play a male Elf elite if that is okay?

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 11:43:24 PM »
Hylian, I had to go look up the name again, called them elves for the ears.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/races-of-hyrule/

That should be useful for everyone in this. So, thus far we have 2 of the elite guard and link. Awesome! Having a zeld a in the group would be ideal, maybe 2 or three more elite guard. We may want to have some pull double duty as the cultists. I'll be p laying the alchemist and some npc cultists.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:12 AM »
well if i commit to link, given my other games, at least from the start, i cant commit to more than that. Either way, Im excited.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »
I'll make a character template tonight when I get home from work.

Offline Eislynn

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
Might be interested - possibly in the Zelda role, but I'm a little rusty on my Hylian lore though... Plus i dont usually play cannon characters. But I'll give it a shot as long as everyone promises to please bear with me if I make any errors and point them out so I can fix. (>人<;)

Offline Mathim

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »
This sounds fascinating (I had my own idea for a LoZ plot); I was going to suggest one of the elite guards be Impa since she's always been Zelda's caretaker anyway and a female shadowy ninja-type character would be awesome. Shouldn't Link also have some kind of tiny companion-type character like Navi or Midna or something along those lines? Just trying to expand the roster if it needs to be so.

I'm torn between playing a spear-wielding Zora Knight or a Goron with a big hammer.

Offline Mister Grimm

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 11:49:12 AM »
I have a tentative interest in this game. Not sure if I'll join yet but I'm fairly interested.
I was thinking, if its allowed, of making a half-Sheikah half- Hylian (or full Sheikah) male. The Sheikah were believed to be gone aside from Impa and a hinted few but I don't think it was ever really confirmed?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:50:50 AM by Mister Grimm »

Offline Mathim

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »
Yeah, the mystery of the Sheikah always intrigued me. The plot I mentioned I came up with basically revolves around it.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
Ill work on my Hylian once you put up a sheet.

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »
Okay everyone... here's what I whipped up really quick. Is it to much? Not enough? Anything I missed?

Name: What do we call you?
Race: What race were you born as?
Sexuality: Hetrosexual, homosexual, whatever it might be
Approximate Age (human years): Since I donít know of a real scale of  average years for the races of the game, weíll use approximate human age as a standard
Specialty: Does your character specialize in one type of fighting, or in performing a specific task? Like maybe your character is a good healer/doctor, or good with spear fighting, or sword/shield play.
City of origin: Where your character was born
Personality: Tell us a little about your characterís attitude and outlook towards others
Weakness or Flaws: We should also include some flaws of your character. Donít worry, nothing will be used IC
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Does your character only use a specific kind of weapon, or a variety of weapons? You should perhaps list whatever weapons they normally carry with them.
Item(s) Carried: This one is for whatever items your character carries. I kind of think it would be a good idea to have a limit on how many things your character can carry at once. So no one conveniently has an item they need in any situation
Appearance: If you want to post a pic, cool. If you want to describe the look of your character, cool. Both? Even better.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
Can we just post them here?

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »
I dont see why not. Maybe we could even get a few more players if we did

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
Alright, will get to work post haste. XD

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »
Quote from: apygoos
well if i commit to link, given my other games, at least from the start, i cant commit to more than that. Either way, Im excited.
Dude, no worries at all! I'm glad to have you aboard!

Quote from: Katida desu
Might be interested - possibly in the Zelda role, but I'm a little rusty on my Hylian lore though... Plus i dont usually play cannon characters. But I'll give it a shot as long as everyone promises to please bear with me if I make any errors and point them out so I can fix. (>人<;)
We'd love to have you as our Zelda! ANd no one is going to be all nazi about canon, since I'm a little rusty on it too. I think playing Zelda actually leaves you with a bit of freedom. I mean most of the games have involved Link primarily.. Zelda has usually been in the role of victim of one sort or another, right? Now is your chance to spread her wings a little, give her more personality. We basically know what Zelda is about... willing to sacrifice whatever for her people or friends, loyal, a fighter when need be... just build on that. Makes sense, right?

Quote from: Mathim
This sounds fascinating (I had my own idea for a LoZ plot); I was going to suggest one of the elite guards be Impa since she's always been Zelda's caretaker anyway and a female shadowy ninja-type character would be awesome. Shouldn't Link also have some kind of tiny companion-type character like Navi or Midna or something along those lines? Just trying to expand the roster if it needs to be so.
I'm torn between playing a spear-wielding Zora Knight or a Goron with a big hammer.
If Apy would like to NPC a lil companion for Link, he certainly could. Or if someone would be satisfied playing the role, cool. But in this context, I'm not sure it'd be necessary. I mean Link is kind of part of a team now.
I agree with the Impa part, and the female ninja-type thingy. If someone wants to play a character like that, I welcome it!
Whichever kind of character you pick, we'd love to have you aboard! Either one sounds awesome!

Quote from: Mister Grimm
I was thinking, if its allowed, of making a half-Sheikah half- Hylian (or full Sheikah) male. The Sheikah were believed to be gone aside from Impa and a hinted few but I don't think it was ever really confirmed?
I have no objections to you playing such a character. I mean it is our story.. there's no reason why not. As long as you love the character, bring it!

Offline apygoos

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
erm..about how many years after OOT is this game?
making the CS for Link is tricky, hehe
I'm also glad to be back in a game with you Ash! :)
I'm not sure If link would still have Navi around. We saw in majoras mask he didn't but..outside Epona im not sure on companions. As Ash said, he has a team of elite knights, if theres no companionship there, idk where it would come from..
IF someone wanted to actively play a companion for Link, im fine with that.
Link..also has a TON of gear >.<
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:45:19 PM by apygoos »

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
Name: Nivan 
Race: Hylian
Sexuality: Hetrosexual
Approximate Age (human years): 23
Specialty: Specializes in katana like blades
City of origin: Skyloft
Personality: Kind and passionate, protective and doesn't give up on people.
Weakness or Flaws: Has a bad temper, is very hot blooded and can at times be goaded into mistakes. Can be both overpowered and slower than his opponents due to his sword style.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Carries two katana styled swords that favor his fast attack style and carries two daggers as well.
Item(s) Carried: A small amount of healing herbs and a bag of mint leves for mint tea making
Appearance: This is his armor, but the color of it is red. He also has this hood and half mask And this is his appearance.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:04:49 PM by Strifesblaze7 »

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 08:01:37 PM »
erm..about how many years after OOT is this game?
Link..also has a TON of gear >.<

Let's say like 15? Does that sound liek to much? It would be after Link returns as a child and warns the royal family about ganon.. he goes all master criminal, then gets caught/sealed away by Link.. so this would be many years after that.

And I dont think it's necessary for Link to carry every single piece of gear he has in OOT, right? I mean he's probably not going out daily and dungeon hunting, this is supposed to be a peace time.

Do you agree with all that? Let me know what you think

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Name: Nivan 

Love it, great job! I think I need to add a couple things to the CS, though. I'm thinking it over. Oh,and your third pic didnt show

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
Ill try and fix it.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
Name: Link, The Boy without a Fairy, the Hero of Time
Race: What race were you born as?
Approximate Age (human years): 19?
Specialty: Link is a master swordsman, and an expert marksman; like it was second nature to him, and is profficent in many other weapons and styles. If it would be summed up into a statement, Grandmaster at Arms would fit him well.
City of origin: unknown, he only remembers growing up with the Kokiri
Personality: With Courage unmatched, link faces down any danger that he confronts. He is persistent and dependable, though he can be very quiet at times as courageous as he is, sometimes, even he gets a little timid
Weakness or Flaws: Link doesn't carry too much armor on his person outside his bracers and chainmail, leaving many parts of his body susceptible to attack, though this is arguably balanced by his nimbleness. Sometimes he remains a lot more quite than he should, though this flaw has never directly endangered anyone he cares for.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any):Master Sword [currently sealed in the Temple of Time],  Great Fairy Sword [Link uses this as his main weapon, he argues  its weight ,length and shape as a hand and a half sword make it much like the master sword]

, Long bow and large Arrow Quiver, Megaton Hammer, Hylain Shield, Slingshot
Item(s) Carried: 4 bottles for various materials, Rupee wallet, Golden Gauntlets, Ocarina of Time, Triforce of Courage, boomerang, longshot grapple
Appearance:
Link With the Master Sword

Unlinke your standard Hylian Knight, Link maintains his iconic garments as the Hero of Time that he grew up with in companionship with his Kokiri brothers and sisters. He wears chainmail underneath his garments, many argue it may be enchanted. His signature dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and green cap are almost impossible to miss for anyone in Hyrule.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
Got 2 characters in, looking great guys!
I'll put up my CS tomorrow. I need to work in the morning and all. bleh.

I'll also put an official story summary up tomorrow, get that cookin. If you guys have any suggestions as to where we need to go with the story, by all means speak up. Keep in mind this is our story, we can do pretty much whatever we want!

Offline apygoos

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
yea i assumed the Great Fairy Sword was something he would have kept from his adventure in Termina, and since the swords design is simmilar to that of the master sword, he would be far more comfortable with that than most other swords.
im open to relationship forging and whatnot too!

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »
I'll se what I come up with after you post your idea. XD

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »
Link and Nivan could be friends if you want.

Offline 1SAZ

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
Name: Relius
Race: Zora
Approximate Age (human years): 23
Specialty: Tinkering and swimming. Also, decent slight-of-hand artist (don't call him a thief or he'll gut you)
City of origin: Zora's Domain
Personality: Relius is fairly easy going and quiet, keeping to himself more often than not. He is often found tinkering with some small piece of machinery or inventing some new ingenious way of confusing his foes. He loves music, though is rubbish at performing. Relius also has a habit for rambling on in explanations, even when time is of the essence. He is very fond of sweets, with a favoritism for Goron rock candy.
Weakness or Flaws: Relius is not very trusting of most non-Zora, though he does have a few friends in the world beyond his own race. It takes considerable effort to get through his thick hide. He is also very mistrusting of magic, though he is fully aware of it's potency and prominence.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Relius prefers to fight with the signiture weapon of the Zora, the spear. He is also rather fond of hand-and-a-half swords, which he has become proficient in after training with Link. Relius keeps a number of daggers and knives on his person, some concealed and others carried in the open. He has become quite adept at throwing all manner of knife, spear, and sword.
Item(s) Carried: Rope, lots and lots of rope. And canvas, paints, small metal parts (gears, springs, plates, etc), and sweets.
Appearance: Relius appears as most Zora do, a gray-ish blue sea creature of humanoid shape. He stands at roughly six feet even, and wears a collection of various armors from across Hyrule. A chest piece of Goron make is most prominent upon his chest, laid upon silver scale male of the Zora. When in human culture, he wears light blue robes to at least conform to the norm of the land dwellers, though he despises boots of any kind. As a member of Hyrule's Elite Guard, he wears a dark blue hooded cloak with the symbol of the royal family upon the back, the triforce prominently emblazoned in gold.

Offline Kimera

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 07:12:52 AM »
Looks like an interesting game and I love the zelda series, so I might make a character as well

Offline Mathim

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »
Well, I guess that makes my decision easy; I'm not about to be a double-dipper as far as races go, so I'll go with my Goron character. Thanks for at least making it a Zora true to the spirit of the game and using a spear, it makes sense since it resembles a harpoon and that is the ideal sort of weapon for fishing and aquatic combat.

Name: Thor Goron (in TP, most of their names rhymed with this, I think)
Race: Goron
Gender: Male (I have never seen a female Goron; I think they're exclusively male which might make sexual things a tad awkward)
Sexuality: Um...I'll have to get back to you on that once I figure out how Goron biology works
Approximate Age (human years): 25
Specialty: Thor Goron is your standard big guy, immense upper-body strength and proficient with boxing using his enormous arms which he trained by breaking through tough rocks. He can also curl into a ball and roll at great speeds (although going down an incline helps, and the longer he rolls, the faster and stronger his impact). But as far as weapons go, he's never found far from his big war hammer, a tribute to the great Goron hero who once slayed the dragon Volvagia buried deep in the Fire Temple (it resembles Link's Megaton hammer, but with a larger hammer part and a longer handle so it can be held in two hands).
City of origin: Goron City in Death Mountain
Personality: Thor Goron is a big, hearty fellow who looks tough and intimidating but has a heart of gold when it comes down to it, just like Darunia who put on a tough exterior but softened up fairly easily. He loves his drink (an odd mixture of Hot Spring Water and booze) and laughs hard at his own dumb jokes, but he's very loyal when it comes to his duty and his friends
Weakness or Flaws: Although mostly resistant to intense heat, he can't stand the cold and even deep water freaks him out. He's also very heavy so stealth is not his thing, nor can he balance well on narrow passages and if he's just on foot, he's rather slow so he prefers to roll when he can.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Warhammer (Replica of Megaton Hammer forged by Biggoron, the greatest Goron blacksmith, possibly the best in the world)
Item(s) Carried: Bomb Bag, Empty Bottle (he loves his drink, after all; never leaves on a mission without some Hot Spring Water)
Appearance: He doesn't wear any of that armor, or have any hair whatsoever (gray or otherwise) but this picture just looked way too badass to not use when I saw it. It's huge so I spoiler'd it. Plus it had him holding a hammer so it seemed appropriate.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

By the way, I found a neat pic of a female Zora warrior (don't see that in the games much) so if anyone wants to use it, here it is (spoiler'd just because).

Got 2 characters in, looking great guys!
I'll put up my CS tomorrow. I need to work in the morning and all. bleh.

I'll also put an official story summary up tomorrow, get that cookin. If you guys have any suggestions as to where we need to go with the story, by all means speak up. Keep in mind this is our story, we can do pretty much whatever we want!

So Link has saved Termina shortly after traveling back in time after OoT and slain the evil spirit of Majora's Mask. He grew up and once again banished Ganon to wherever he seems to be able to escape from way too easily and way too often. His cult is about to revive him with the help of an Alchemist character. Okey-dokey. Sounds good so far. But we need a few more villains.

Is anyone maybe interested in playing Dark Link? Seems like he could be a really great antagonist for this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:18:17 PM by Mathim »

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »
Name: Jean Bosch
Race: Human
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Approximate Age (human years): 24
Specialty: Alchemy, scientific endevours
City of origin: Canttonis, Amestris
Personality: Jean can seem very egotistical and self centered at times, but this is usually just a front. She has had trouble making friends in the past, but once she does, she is a loyal as they come. She has a disciplined and clever mind, making her an ideal Alchemist. She also sometimes has a tendency to show off, especially to people who arenít versed in science.
Weakness or Flaws: Sometimes she has trouble seeing past her current goal, there are times when she doesnít see the forest for the trees. She has all the same weaknesses the average human would have. She tends to get very frustrated if she doesnít understand a specific situation.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Jean carries a small steel dagger, as well as a lightweight steel staff. 
Item(s) Carried: A small leather bound journal containing her scientific notes. Various small vials and beakers, all with stopper lids on them. A stylized silver pocket watch. A leather backpack which holds most of this gear. She also carries 4 pieces of chalk, of varying sizes.
Appearance:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:35:36 AM by MaiMizzu »

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 07:17:02 PM »
Oh, shes cute. XD

Offline apygoos

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 07:40:50 PM »
Ash, she reminds me of an adult Korra [Avatar:LoK]
Also when it comes to what happens, after OoT the infamous split timeline begins. being that we are working off the kid timeline, They are warned of Gannondorfs actions, thus he is imprioned and executed, im pretty sure it would only be just not that rumors of the dark ones reappearance is about. Then would be the time Link retrieves the Master Sword once more from its resting place.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
She's going to be lonely woman unless we get a bit more variety in here. lol

Offline apygoos

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »
we need womens.
Its just mindblowing to think that Links ancestor actually Forged the Master sword himself, and had the ENTIRE Triforce. Just talking about this game has put me in such a Zelda mode XD

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
I was actually considering using korra, cause she's hot as hell. but im already playing her in another game, didn't wanna overdo it with her.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
we do, or a lot of guys are going to be lonely or forced to find comfort with each other. lol

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
so we should save the last spots for female characters. and there's zelda, of course.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
But Zelda would be with Link, right?

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »
That's not 100% at all, i would think.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
I see, hmm.

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
It's up to the players, not the lore.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
Well I was curious on it, so I thought I would ask.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 08:42:58 PM »
I am as of right now open to the idea of Link x Zelda, but im also open to other pairings. Also is 19 too young for Link?
Link has several [assumed] love interest in each game Twilgiht princess and Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker are the only ones that it really feels like there may be something between the two blondes. Id beone to think some of the Ladies would have the hots innately for Link, just because of what he is, what he achieved. So Links relationship status, so to say, is super wide open.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »
Well I am opened to the idea of a pairing before the game and was wondering how wide open it all once. Zelda could be fun to be paired with, lol.

Offline Mister Grimm

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2013, 09:01:08 PM »
Due to the number of male characters already in the game, and the fact that I don't like playing female characters, I'm withdrawing my interest.

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2013, 12:39:06 AM »
So yes, we're still looking for people to play Elite Guard members, or cultists. Female characters would be preferred!! Come and join our story!

Offline Kimera

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2013, 03:30:18 AM »
I was thinking of doing a sort of Midna like character or Maple, the Witch (forgot the series she's from)

Offline apygoos

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2013, 04:45:19 AM »
a twili would be awesome

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »
I was thinking of doing a sort of Midna like character or Maple, the Witch (forgot the series she's from)
I think either could work really well here. Maple is just adorable. she's from oracle of seasons and oracle of ages i think

Offline Kimera

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Found a cute sketch of Maple:

Offline apygoos

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
unfortunately oracle of S/A is a different timeline.

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »
She could still exist in our story, right? I mean.. none of her story would have happened, but the character could be there.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »
true enough, just wasn't sure how strict with the timeline we were being.

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »
Id like to be strict with the timeline, but not necessarily the characters. this is our game, and i think about anything is up for debate, at least.

Offline Eislynn

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2013, 06:17:45 PM »
Name: Her Royal Highness, Zelda, Princess Regnant of Hyrule
Race: Hylian, of course
Approximate Age (Human years): 22
City of Origin: Hyrule Castle

Specialty: Light Magic - As with all females of Hyruleís royal line, she holds descendancy from the goddess Hylia. Her magics are intricately woven within the forces of goodness and light, granting her the ability to heal and soothe others, and in extreme cases wield the power of light itself as a weapon against the darkness. She is also graced with all the blessing and burden of bearing the Triforce of Wisdom.

Personality: As the noble born Regnant of Hyrule, she views her duty to her station to be paramount. A paragon of virtue, she is seen throughout her lands as kind-hearted, pure and much beloved by her people. She never fails to make her public face one of calm serenity, despite the turmoil in her heart. As Wisdomís keeper, she has seen many outcomes for her lands - For every happy ending that exists there is a dark alternative, and she has foreseen so many of the paths time could take into perilous futures. When possible, she has played her part in preventing the worst case scenario - often the populous is none the wiser.

Weakness or Flaws: The keeper of Wisdom is a weary ruler. The pain that lingers in her heart from the knowledge of the ever approaching darkness, and her battle to keep that darkness at bay are never ending. Due to the nature of her deific gifts and her singular access to certain knowledge, she sometimes finds herself difficult to understand, a source of occasional frustration. She seems aloof and distant at times, allowing herself little time for developing meaningful relationships, instead keeping her heart closed to turn all her energy to the welfare of Hyrule. One could say the princess is married to her duty and makes a habitual offense of caring for others over caring for herself. Self-sacrifice will likely cost her everything one day if her elite guard doesnít stay vigilant.

Weapons of Choice: Wisdom, Light, and a finely crafted bow, carved with magic runes and rumored to have come into the royal family as a gift from the Great Deku Tree many generations past. She can use a blade as well, but her guard seems to prefer that if she must fight, she do so from a distance.

Items Carried: A collection of Bottled Fairies and Healing Tinctures. Bow & Light Arrows.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
Nice. XD

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
How good does the Zelda CS look? Really great work! Now we're about 90% ready to start our story! Just maybe 1 or2 more female characters, and we're all set!

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2013, 06:40:44 PM »
Katida, would you be interested in a possible pairing? Like starting the game paired up? If so shoot me a PM and we can hash specifics out.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist
name just popped into my head..come on ladies don't be shy~

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »
Catchy...

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »
it does sound more Zelda-ish. And ironic since to an alchemist, it'd be impossible.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:32 AM »
I'm showing some tentative interest. I'd need to figure out a profile. Probably a shiekah. Since those are what I excel at playing. I would make a notation that my character will not likely participate in anything romantic, unless forced by an older Shiekah - for breeding purposes(likely not to happen in the rp).

It saddens me no one has read the manga for this series. Unless they have. Which also saddens me that no one has thought up the possibility of playing Shadow. Have to say he's /always/ been my favorite Zelda Character.

Offline Eislynn

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »
Not sure if you're aware of this tip or not, but if you edit the thread title to add [recruiting F characters] at the end of it, we might balance out our gender imbalance faster.

Also, can we get an OOC thread and approved character thread up soon? If I recall, group games are allowed a ratio of at least one thread per active player. Might even be more than that?

Offline apygoos

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 08:28:57 AM »
i see games with a million threads all over the place, im pretty sure we wont get in trouble for opening a few of those up, hehe.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
I'm still around! Damn libraries all closed on Sundays...

I have a few ideas, I don't know if anyone's interested in trying them out, but I thought I'd throw them into the ring.

Is it perhaps a better idea for the Alchemist to be of Gerudo ancestry? She sure looks the part already, and they're known for witchcraft-y things and that would fit better into the Zelda universe. It would also explain why she starts out on the side trying to resurrect Ganon.

Hyrule Castle could be enjoying a decade-or-so of peace and at the start of the story, receive word or some kind of omen that some bad stuff is going down. That's when the guards and Link get their call to action. Since the bad guys seem to have more freedom of mobility, one of them could pull a Ghirahim act, showing up out of nowhere and then vanishing quickly after delivering taunts and grim tidings.

I don't think characters from other timelines should automatically be written off; reincarnation happens all the time in one form or another, and not just for the main characters, so someone like Maple should be acceptable. And I believe someone mentioned playing a female Sheikah; if not Impa, perhaps a female relative like a daughter/niece or something?

Offline apygoos

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
yea the Sheikah would have no interest in romantic relationships. The way i understand he premise of the story, the Alchemist is from a different dimension because while there are magics everywhere in Zelda, Alchemy is seldom seen, if at all. The idea of the Gerudo's being behind this scheme [the way i understand what you're saying] doesn't fit. sure there may be one or two Gerudo's that seek to revive their fallen king, but over all Gannondorf's defeat brought the races of Hyrule much closer together in a relatively harmonious peace.

Online AndyZ

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
I have an idea gelling for Impa's daughter if that would work. I think Zelda would be one of the darn few who would know Impa even had a daughter at the time.  Like most ninja societies much of the stuff would be deliberately vague.

Offline Kimera

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
Hmmm...I'm sort of considering a couple ideas for Maple, to flesh her out a bit more.

Perhaps she comes from another realm, maybe she's a twili.

Or an even darker version of Maple, perhaps involved with the cult :p

Offline apygoos

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 11:18:01 AM »
I love Twili >.<
Midna was amazing~
i acutally like ehr so much more than Zelda in twilight princess' case, and she looked damn good at that.
also for the record, Link is a lefty, like he always should have been!

Offline Eislynn

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »
Something crossed my mind. Is it safe to assume Zelda becomes aware of the brewing situation through prophetic dreams? I know it's been alluded to from time to time that she learns things in this way. Perhaps that is why she puts the guards into action?

Offline apygoos

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
Link gets similar dreams. I was actually thinking about that very fact.

Offline Eislynn

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
Katida, would you be interested in a possible pairing? Like starting the game paired up? If so shoot me a PM and we can hash specifics out.

Sent you a PM.

Re: Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist (Recruiting Females Please!)
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »
Okay, catching up now!!

Firstly.. the OOC thread  http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179702.0    and then   http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179703.0  approvd character thread. Everyone who has posted CS's so far, go ahead and repost them there.

Is it perhaps a better idea for the Alchemist to be of Gerudo ancestry? She sure looks the part already, and they're known for witchcraft-y things and that would fit better into the Zelda universe. It would also explain why she starts out on the side trying to resurrect Ganon.
Part of the fun for me in this story is the whole 'stranger in a very very strange land. I'd like you to trust me in this regard, please. She isn't the one who is going to be trying to ressurect Ganon.. but she will be seen as an instrument in this.

Hyrule Castle could be enjoying a decade-or-so of peace and at the start of the story, receive word or some kind of omen that some bad stuff is going down. That's when the guards and Link get their call to action. Since the bad guys seem to have more freedom of mobility, one of them could pull a Ghirahim act, showing up out of nowhere and then vanishing quickly after delivering taunts and grim tidings.
There will be forewarnings, but not exactly in something so plain. I actually forsee this cult as being more of the operatives in the shadows, since part of their ressurection process is the murder of the citizens of Hyrule.

Quote from: Katida desu
Something crossed my mind. Is it safe to assume Zelda becomes aware of the brewing situation through prophetic dreams? I know it's been alluded to from time to time that she learns things in this way. Perhaps that is why she puts the guards into action?
I had given thought to this also. My thought was that.. after my first post, maybe you could use pieces of it for your own premonition dreams. Same with Link. Or at least Zelda and Link's interpretations of things they see, ya know?

okay i think that's it... so yeah, we get one or two more female characters, and I'm gonna make my first post.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:36:33 PM by MaiMizzu »

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »
I'm interested in playing a Shiekah, but are people aware that in OoT that Impa was considered the last, the Shiekah's were considered practically extinct after the Shadow Wars? I'm thinking she's likely not a full blood, because you need about 150 of a species to have a proper genetic pool. I was also thinking about using the below picture for my character. I'm thinking her father was a Shiekah, and her mother was a Hylian Noblewoman, it was a forbidden marriage (her mother had an arranged one and she eloped with the Shiekah man) and my character probably doesn't have all of the same training as a normal Shiekah. But I am thinking that her Grandfather (Mother's father) probably entered her into the Royal Guard, out of guilt for what happened to his daughter.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
I don't know about that, it never seems to be that important in the games. There's only one Goron in Skyward Sword and they didn't seem to have any problem propogating. Plus even evolution happens very rapidly, the Zoras have gone through like three different phases in just a couple hundred years. No one should be forced to be a half-blood anything if they don't want; fantasy logic needn't be quite so fastidious.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2013, 06:17:10 PM »
I don't know about that, it never seems to be that important in the games. There's only one Goron in Skyward Sword and they didn't seem to have any problem propogating. Plus even evolution happens very rapidly, the Zoras have gone through like three different phases in just a couple hundred years. No one should be forced to be a half-blood anything if they don't want; fantasy logic needn't be quite so fastidious.

Well I don't mind playing a Half-blooded Shiekah. I honestly don't mind the fact taht Impa was supposed to be the last full blooded in OoT. My character just wouldn't have the ninja like skills of the past shiekah.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2013, 09:54:07 AM »
I never understood how that could be, anyway. I don't know if I'm spoiling anything but I'll spoiler tag it anyway:

Is the Impa from Skyward Sword not also a Sheikah? She seemed to be the only one of her kind then too, so it would make sense that her reincarnation would also be that, even if a different race. Plus she lived for 1000 years which was freaky. If Sheikah was her species then too, how did they, with such supposedly huge longevity, not manage to survive and leave her the only one? Also in Twilight Princess, her descendant Impaz was of that tribe, but was she half-blood or even more mixed, or what?

Not sure if anyone thinks it might be appropriate for each of the guards to be of a different race/species. I just thought it would be appropriate since all the sages in Ocarina of Time were.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:56:01 AM by Mathim »

Offline apygoos

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
well we have a pretty diverse race pool currently, so we already kinda have that effect. I'm just eager to start relationship building XD.

Offline Kimera

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
Still need to start at my charsheet, but it should be done by tomorrow

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »
I'm starting to feel a bit hesitant about joining this Rp. I'm going to take some time to think about it.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
Was it something I said? Or do you just not have as much time as you'd prefer?

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »
Was it something I said? Or do you just not have as much time as you'd prefer?

Nothing you said, I just realized that the character I was interested in question has now receded to the far recesses of my mind. I also have my group to set up...

Offline Mathim

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
Aw, shucks. So much for more female blood. I always felt like Link had a huge harem built up by the end of each game.

Offline Kimera

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
Sort of undecided between Maple and Midna

Offline apygoos

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2013, 10:40:21 AM »
well princess Midna is very possible. I would assume is reincarnations of Zelda were possible, so would ones of Midna. In Fact, if you went with Midna, It would be a previous incarnation of Midna.
Both characters though would be like, the party black mage, though like Zelda, I'm sure Midna has a decent combat prowess

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
Sort of undecided between Maple and Midna
Either is more than welcome!

Offline Kimera

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »

Offline Kimera

« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »
WIP
Name: Midna
Race: Twili
Sexuality: Hetrosexual, but Bi-curious
Approximate Age (human years): 18
Specialty: Dark Magic and Summoning
City of origin: Twilight Realm
Personality: Born from royalty within the Twilight Realm, Midna radiates autority and can be quite demanding. Midna may seem cold and harsh at first, but in time she is able to open up to those she trusts.
Weakness or Flaws: Like all denizens of the twilight realm, Midna isn't fond of the light. She prefers to remain in the shadows
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): None. Midna relies solely on her magical talents and summoned minions to keep her foes at bay.
Item(s) Carried:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:17:05 PM by Kimera »

Offline apygoos

« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
gods i love the Twili..Midna is so damn hot..hehe
speaking of twili..
 reaserch done...and i feel lik an idiot for forgetting this.
[From Twilight Princess]
The Six Sages went to execute Gannondorf for his crimes, but the Triforce of Power let him live from the otherwise fatal strike, killing our favorite Zora in the process. in fear, the sages used the mirror of twilight to seal him away in the realm of the Twili.
not sure if thats something we want to stick to but..yea..Thats the cannon.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2013, 11:45:07 AM »
I would have thought he killed more than just one sage because two of them had to be replaced in Wind Waker, the water and the forest sages. Then again, that was a different timeline and the sages they were replacing weren't Ruto and Saria, they were a different Zora and Kokiri...

Offline apygoos

« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »
1) different timeline
2) those sages are the ones praying to Hylia to keep the power to repel evil in the Master Sword

Offline Kimera

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
Hmmm, if Midna uses dark magic, would that make her a wizzrobe?

Offline apygoos

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
shes not a wanna-be tucan sam
Shes awesome, and deliciously hot~

Offline Kimera

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2013, 01:46:44 PM »
Yeah, she is

I more or less finished Midna's bio.

Offline Strifesblaze7

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »
Good lord she is sexy.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »
Aw, shucks. So much for more female blood. I always felt like Link had a huge harem built up by the end of each game.

I didn't have a problem with anything you said till this.

I don't mind playing a female in a game, but I don't like feeling like the only purpose of my female is to provide sex...

Offline apygoos

« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
its funny you say that because historically in LoZ, outside link women have far more powerful roles in the universe.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 04:17:04 PM »
its funny you say that because historically in LoZ, outside link women have far more powerful roles in the universe.
I'm well aware of that, but that comment made me feel like his only interest in me being in the Rp was for the purpose of another female to possibly have sex with. Those are my PERSONAL feelings, I'm not saying that was what he intended, but that's how I feel.

« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »

I don't mind playing a female in a game, but I don't like feeling like the only purpose of my female is to provide sex...

I think I kind of take offense to this statement. I'm a female, myself ya know. I didn't start this RP because I wanted to see these characters banging. I started it because I had what I thought was a good idea, and others got on board with it. I've worked really hard so far to get this RP off the ground with a good start, and to keep it respectable. This isn't a smut RP. This is a story telling RP. If sex happens, then it happens. But if it gets out of control, or if someone tries a harem thing... Hell I'll kick them. Simple as that. The people who have RP'ed with me before know I'm not really down with the idea of nothing but RP sex. Or to have a character specifically in there to provide such. The women in the Zelda universe are some of the strongest role models you can pick. We're not making this RP to sully that, or make them whores.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2013, 04:24:34 PM »
I think I kind of take offense to this statement. I'm a female, myself ya know. I didn't start this RP because I wanted to see these characters banging. I started it because I had what I thought was a good idea, and others got on board with it. I've worked really hard so far to get this RP off the ground with a good start, and to keep it respectable. This isn't a smut RP. This is a story telling RP. If sex happens, then it happens. But if it gets out of control, or if someone tries a harem thing... Hell I'll kick them. Simple as that. The people who have RP'ed with me before know I'm not really down with the idea of nothing but RP sex. Or to have a character specifically in there to provide such. The women in the Zelda universe are some of the strongest role models you can pick. We're not making this RP to sully that, or make them whores.

Mai, my comment was not directed at you. But my personal feelings from the comment that was made by the player I quoted.

Since I have seemed to have caused so much distress, I'll bow out completely and let you all return to your usual planning.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
Link doesn't have  Harem because while sure, there may be women who like him, who wouldn't, hes a very respectable man who has sacrificed literally his life to serve the Hylian monarchy. He wouldnt have these woemn he plainly has his way with because hed very quiet and closed. In most cases, only speaking when needing to. Zelda and maybe a few of the knights understand him. what he goes through, what hes lived with. if anyone was to get in links pants, there would likely be some sort of romantic motive involved. Gotta get link to open up to you, let alone his pants.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »
Let me clear the air. I apologize if what I said sounded sexist, that was not my intention. Female characters are a huge part of the story and I just didn't want this to be a total sausage-fest, I was hoping there would be a more even balance of male and female characters. Also, my character is a Goron, which I have always considered to be a completely sexless species (never seen a female one, EVER, and I had assumed they reproduce asexually) and frankly the idea of a Goron of all things having intercourse with any other species kind of freaks me out, actually. Having more female perspectives to balance out the males was something I was looking forward to, especially in seeing one of them in the role of an elite guard as far as battling goes.

If the bridges have been burnt, then so be it. I'm sorry some people feel the need to jump to conclusions and get defensive rather than asking if someone is perhaps being sarcastic or making a joke that isn't funny. Perhaps the word 'harem' wasn't the best idea, but Link does usually attract positive attention from quite a number of females. In OOT, Ruto was totally hot for him, Nabooru too, and Saria, even Malon. Maybe not all of them in a sexual way but he still could have had his pick of any of them if you really analyze the whole situation. But really, I had gotten the impression this wasn't going to be much of a sexual emphasis RP, if at all, and that was part of the attraction since when it gets like that in most RPs I've seen, they tend to degrade quickly.

Anyway in regards to Midna, is it really appropriate for her to be one of the Elite Guards? That means the Twilight Realm is now without a ruler and that's just a disaster waiting to happen whether or not Ganon is perverting things there. Maybe an ancestor of Midna's who still has royal blood but isn't the firstborn and therefore will not have inherited the throne? Just a thought. Much as I adore Midna (so sad we only got to see the 'real' her for such a short time in the game), it doesn't feel quite right for her to be a character in this game. Unless perhaps Jean's world-crossing also caused the Twilight Realm to pull Midna from her world and she's just hanging with these guys til she can find her way back. Still...feels a tad awkward.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:01:29 PM by Mathim »

Offline apygoos

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2013, 05:08:51 PM »
Midna would like not start as an elite guard from how i see it. The mabassador thign works pretty well, and syncs up with the cannon "failure of the sages" moment, in which the mirror of twilight is destroyed and that leaves Midna with no way home. That gives the story some good texture, as political tension may rise after they realize Hyrule effectively has the heir of a neighboring kingdom "hostage" with no way home..

Online AndyZ

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
Could I grab the Sheikah spot with the other one gone?

« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »
Give me a CS, and it shouldn't be a problem!

Offline Mathim

« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »
Out of curiosity, were you planning on a male or female role? Technically every Sheikah we've seen has been female so it just seems like that would be more appropriate, but whatever floats your boat.

Offline apygoos

« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
dont see why not, just write something up!

Online AndyZ

« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »
Okay, just got home from work so may be a bit.  Female by the way.

Online AndyZ

« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »
Name: Nara
Race: Sheikah
Sexuality: Not really interested in other sheikah...but maybe a bit curious...
Approximate Age (human years): 19
Specialty: Various tasks associated with ninja, such as shuriken, rapid movement and stealth.  Some claim that she's able to actually travel from shadow to shadow, but if this is true, only the Sheikah (and those initiated into their ways, such as Zelda) know for sure
City of origin: The Shadow Temple
Personality: As a stealthy bodyguard, Nara is not dispositioned towards too much time talking about herself or revealing her abilities.  She can, however, be somewhat talkative if she isn't on duty guarding from the shadows.
Weakness or Flaws: The unseen fighting style lends itself best towards few foes and a single strike.  Although she has a number of shuriken and a small degree of martial arts prowess, those who manage to block or evade her first attack are likely beyond her talents.

Another issue, though not one easily understood by most, is her blue eyes.  The eyes of most Sheikah are red, and though prophecy speaks of those with blue eyes, few of those warnings speak well of them.  The most common rumors indicate that a Sheikah who serves well will gain fiery red eyes upon proper service, and failure will cause her eyes to go completely white, which may or may not blind her.  Only the direct intervention of someone in the Royal Family can allow someone with blue eyes to serve within the walls of Hyrule.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Shuriken coated with a soporific poison, Deku Nuts, some martial arts
Item(s) Carried: A dozen soporific shuriken, five deku nuts, rope and grappling hook, rupee purse, bottle of medicine

Offline Mathim

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
Wow, she sounds very similar to the way I described Link's role in my own Zelda game idea. Link's foes are some rogue Sheikah and the temples he goes to contain dungeon items that give him the same ninja-y skills of the Sheikah. Awesome job on that character. I'd love to see the next Zelda game give Link some Sheikah-style skills like the kind we see from Sheik in Super Smash Bros. That chain whip move is awesome, and could easily replace the Hookshot/Clawshot.

Offline zergmuncher

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »
Name: Namore Nautorus
Race: Zora
Approximate Age (human years): 21
Specialty: Polearms
City of origin: Zoras Domain
Personality: Disciplined, calm, focused. Namore would be the person to try and calm arguments instead of fuel them further.   
Weakness or Flaws: Lack of hydration. Slower on foot.

His combat style does not merit heavy armor, leaving him lightly armored.
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): Generally Namore will carry a pole-arm of some sort on him to fight with. A lance or spear would be something he'd favor.
Item(s) Carried: A couple jars of water, a rupee purse, one spear.
Appearance:
And his spear.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/cjb3797qfkuyl72/Warring-Kingdoms-Xin-Zhao_1358446857.png

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »
Character approved!  Go to the ooc thread here for more!  And that's the last character we need right now!  Thank you!

Offline Mathim

Re: Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist (Recruitment Closed! )
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »
Can I just say, god DAMN I love that picture! I tried googling Zoras for pictures and couldn't find anything that rockin'. It's like Zora version of the awesome Goron pic I found for my character. Nice one, bro. Cool Tony Stark avatar too, BTW. And the name, another nod to Marvel Comics (Prince Namor the Submariner).