RWBY Hunters and Villains interest check

Started by SweetRevenge, August 31, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

We have more hunters than villains, that's for sure. But I haven't finished up the main villain profile, so I guess people are a little hesitant to make villains.

Wolfie

Then I shall play a villain. Hmmm... Probably a wolf or leopard faunice. Huh. I need to think on this. Picture hunting I go!

MelisaArtemis

My SO is interested but wanna make another hunter to complete the 3 person cell with my character and 1SAZ. If that's ok, I'll get him to make a sheet ASAP :)

Vaulera

Oh my! I've been looking for a RWBY game for so long. I'm absolutely interested in this, if there's still a spot, and I think I even have a character profile written up somewhere. I have her as a hunter, I believe, but I could change her to be a villain.

Wolfie

Yeah, I've been trying to make a villain myself guys. I don't know when he is going to get the main villain up though.

Wolfie

SweetRevenge

Of course, this is still open. The choice is up to you if you feel like playing villain or hunter. All I care about is quality =J

Honestly, I have no clue as to when I'll have the main villain complete. I've been debating with different scenarios to apply to him and I havent gotten the spark for his background down quite yet. A few ideas have been laid down, so there's something there, but before I put anything up, I'll have him filled out more than he presently is.

Wolfie

Let me know Revenge, since our villains are gonna be linked. I need to see your background and make my character to fit.

Vaulera

Name: Vaulera

Character Name: Sora Entreris

Sex And Species: Female Human

Orientation: Bisexual, no particular leaning

Alliance: Hunter

Aura/Semblance: Sora's Aura is a very deep cyan, speaking volumes about her personality, and even very telling of her strange fighting style, if one were to have already seen it. Though ordinarily her aura is subdued, it flares greatly when she fights, streaking behind her as she moved, or hanging in muted glows when she activates her semblance. Though her aura may be considered strange, her semblance is yet stranger. It details the ability to control her weight, either making herself lighter, or oftentimes using it to make herself much heavier. Used when she has already reached high acceleration, or when bracing to receive a charge, it yields devastating results.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Sora's weapon is named Evening Shadow, and it is a massive poleaxe with a crescent blade at its head and composed entirely of metals. Engineered to withstand the extreme forces of her abilities, Evening Shadow never bends or breaks, and has a multitude of additional combat functions beyond the obvious slashing and smashing. Built into the shaft of the weapon is a high-impact flechette launcher. Massive needles up to three feet in length are fired by detonating a charge in the head of the weapon, beneath the blade, the triggering mechanism twisting the bolt near the end of the weapon, or the mouth of the barrel. The extreme length of the barrel, and large size of the charges detonated mean that the needles reach extreme levels of acceleration, and cause massive amounts of trauma, but require reloading the charges after just three shots. This entails pulling aside the blunt instruments beneath the blade to open the barrel, and manually loading the charges inside. Sora's fighting style revolves heavily around using her semblance in coordination with her excellent skills to make her a primarily melee combatant, reaching high speeds and slamming into an opponent, or making herself way a matter of tonnes when an opponent tries to make an unarmed attack. Her semblance gives her an immense edge in unarmed combat, especially striking. By making her fist weigh a great deal at the peak of acceleration, it becomes a devastating weapon, though without proper gloves, it will ruin her bones. When not in use, Evening Shadow's two bludgeons press inwards, and the barrel collapses until it is just the two rings that attach to the weaponized portions, which she hangs over her shoulder from a strap.

Personality/Behavior: A result of her constant self discipline, Sora is usually a very calm and controlled person when it comes to the heat of combat, oftentimes standing her ground against much larger foes or greater numbers. As a result, she is also very stubborn, and usually unwilling to compromise her opinions or values. Her rigorous self discipline leaves her usually at a loss in social situations however, as she is both inexperienced and generally speaking incapable of understanding any sort of social hierarchy outside the seniority imposed by an institution. Though she may retain a good deal of control, once pushed beyond her limits of self control, or social understanding, she can act both strangely and in knee-jerk reactions.

Character Flaws: Extremely stubborn, Sora usually will keep a grudge even past the misunderstanding or conflict that started the whole thing. This manifests itself in the way she fights as well, sometimes singling out a troublesome opponent and relentlessly butting heads with it until one of them is defeated. All of her discipline lends her to a particularly high-strung attitude, and coping with pressure becomes difficult once she's already been pushed past the limit. Worst of all, she will never forget an insult to her, or anything she cares about.

Background: Hailing from Vacuo, Sora is very unusual for their denizens. Born the daughter of a hunter and an artist, her parents had very different opinions on how she should be raised. Her father always said that she should grow up and be a great hunter, and defend the world from dark and injustice, hailed by all as a exemplar of power and righteousness. Her mother however, thought that was an entirely silly way of living, and believed she should be raised to be a polite lady, so that she could one day leave the rather harsh environs of Vacuo for high society in a rich and lavish lifestyle. Never coming to an agreement, they began to teach her both, but never at the same time.

As a very young child, along with her schooling, she received lessons from her mother and father, (though she always preferred her father's lessons,) and became quite the diligent person. After school, she would spend a couple hours learning the essentials for living from her mother, like cooking, mending and finer arts. Then it was off with her father to learn how to be a hunter, schooling her on the matters of Grimm, and Hunter combat. He taught her how to fight, and through the constant ordeals he tasked her with, brought out her semblance. He even gifted her with her dearest Evening Shadow, training with her every day. Needless to say, her childhood was colourful, and she learned many useful talents, getting ahead in the schooling for prospective hunters. Of course, her mother learned that she was a much larger fan of her hunter lessons than the etiquette and lifestyle lessons that she provided, and so after weeks of pleading, she was allowed to attend a school for hunters.

Growing up into her adolescence, Sora was prodigal in her schooling. All of her early tutoring under her father had made her an exceptionally knowledgeable student in both combat and traditional lessons on Grimm and the like. This rift between their talents alienated her, gradually pushing her away from her peers, until she attended school for the sole purpose of training and schooling. More than just avoiding her, some students took things to extremes, either bullying her or saying harsh, unfair things in the form of notes or casually shouted things as she walked home. Sora didn't like her classmates, but she wanted to live up to her father's expectations, and so dedicated herself to being the best hunter she could be. Of course, this set her sights on Beacon, much to her mother's delight upon hearing that she wanted to school in Vale. Every day after school, she continued training with her father, trumped every time by an actual Hunter, but never failing to at least lose in style.

Moving to Vale, Sora was very well equipped for living on her own, working a job, studying hard and training harder. Her expectations socially were very low, but she still holds out hope for finding some friends in a school renowned for very talented students. That being said, she really had no experience in making friends or getting along with her peers, so the road was destined to be bumpy.

Sora
Evening Shadow

Alrighty! That's my application, just tell me if I need to change things to be a villain, or who I can team up with!

Sessha

Well while we make this out let's get our game going anyway.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Wolfie

Hmm... Enough characters to get started yes, but the story itself would have to wait for the main villain.

SweetRevenge

Well... Given that most of us will start off more as separate, and that hints and events lead you to one another, the main villain will be somewhat of a 'puppet-master', working from the shadows. He won't ACTUALLY make his introduction t'ill a little later, however I do agree that having a good idea how things will go is usually anticipated from a GM.

With that said, the recent developments in the show have been taking much of my attention. Much information was given about the Grimm, and some location hot-spots have been mentioned that I may just use ;) Furthermore, it gave a little more backbone to some of the theories that were swarming my mind, giving it a clearer outlook and direction. Some of the information that will be in his profile will reflect what was mentioned in the recent episodes, so I hope you guys are up to date on the episodes =P

Sessha

BlackLightning

Name: BlackLightning

Character Name:Ryuuga

Sex And Specie:Male. 27 yo. Human
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Orientation: Het
Alliance: Hunter

Aura/Semblance: Ryuuga’s aura is among the high tier of the spectrum, reflecting his focus on melee combat and endurance. His semblance is called “Accel Flash” which when activated would greatly enhance his already substantial physical ability to the extreme, allowing him to move and react so fast that everything would seem to move in slow motion to his eyes.
Weapon(s)/fighting style: Primary: A set of black and silver gauntlets and greaves named “Strike Wolf” with retractable short blades at the back of the former which allows him to use it as a “Katar” while the greaves has spikes on its back that can be used for similar function.
Night Silver
Blade mechanism

As his weapon of choice implies, Ryuuga is a pure melee fighter with several mastery under his belt that he blends together to create a hybrid style of his own. It is said that he combines the Hard Impact of Bajiquan, Agility of Taekwondo and Flexibility of Jiujitsu. In a team battle, his designated position would be as a front attacker due to his high endurance and physical abilities. An impact from his semblance and aura enhanced strike said to be able to destroy a 20 inch thick of solid steel. Ryuuga is also quite proficient with his katana though he rarely uses it, preferring to use his hands and feet as weapon.

Personality/Behavior:  To put it lightly, Ryuuga is not the friendliest of person. He is cold and blunt, almost sarcastic and pragmatic in fact, which tends to get under people’s skin although most of the time he is at the right side of the argument. He is highly efficient in nearly everything he does, whether in or out of battle. His motto of “No compromise” has caused him to be on the bad list of almost everyone he encounters whether enemies or allies, even fellow hunters tend to avoid him altogether if they can help it. He does however, has several people who he gets along with, his team members for one, toward which he is extremely reliable and protective of them.

Character Flaws: As far as personality is concerned, Ryuuga rarely works well with others due to his hard-headed personality and attitude than can be mistaken to be arrogant and condescending. Though he is cool-headed most of the time, he can be quite vindictive toward someone who dares to raise a finger or even a word toward someone he cares about. His inability to walk away from a challenge has also land him in more trouble than he cared to admit, anyone who knew how to push his button would be able to catch him unaware.

In battle, Ryuuga is strictly melee fighter means that he has absolutely no ranged attack. Though it is not necessarily a handicap, it does give him significantly harder time fighting against purebred long range fighters and snipers. Also due to his fighting style, Ryuuga doesn’t wear armor since they would limit his movement. Although his physical endurance and weapons somewhat makes up for the absence, they does not make him blade or bullet-proof. Any weapons designed to cut or pierce would wound him all the same if they hit at the unprotected part… which is most of his body.

Background: Ryuuga was an orphan who had lived on the street for most of his childhood. He was then adopted by a Faunus hunter who raised him and taught him how to protect and fight for himself. They soon develop a father and son bond despite their different race and lived in relative peace hidden in their cottage in one of the rare grassland of Vacuo. Once he was old enough, his father enrolled him into a Hunter academy after seeing his innate talent for battle, hoping that the academy could shape him to be someone who will do well for the world.

Unfortunately, It was during his second year at the academy that he receives the news that his father got severely injured during a mission. With permission from the academy, Ryuuga rushed to the hospital where his surrogate father has been admitted to. He managed to get there just as his esteemed father releases his last breaths and with which he gives his prized sword to Ryuuga as symbol of inheritance.

An inquiry to the hunters who worked with his father gives Ryuuga the knowledge of what had happened. It turned out that one of his father’s close friends had sold his father out to a criminal organization. The said person had conspired by sending a distress signal to his father asking for his help during a mission, a signal that his father immediately responded to. When he arrived though, it looked as if his friend had been in the middle of being ambushed and jumped down to help… only to be stabbed in the back, literally, by the same friend who then left him for death in a grimm invested forest. His father fought and managed to escape though his injury saw that he wouldn’t last too long even with the best medical expertise available.

Since then, Ryuuga had made it his mission in life to avenge his father and kill the traitor, preferably with his own two hands.

Sessha

SweetRevenge

I do admit having trouble finishing up the villain, and the latest episode has sent me for a loop. If anything, I never saw anything like it coming... XP

EDIT: Just a little update, I'm really just missing the weapon and the character personality, but otherwise, it's about done =J

Wolfie

Remember, Revenge, that as we talked about I need your main villain to be completed before I can get mine underway.

SweetRevenge

And here's your villain that you've all been waiting for for so long! I apologize once more for the large delay XP

Name:SweetRevenge

Character Name: Lucien Rancor

Sex And Specie: Human, 34, Male

Orientation: Straight

Alliance: Villain

Aura/Semblance: Though he once wielded a pure white aura that exuded positive energy, it has become stained by a darkness that he embraced at a young age. His aura, now pitch black with vibrant red streaks of the familiar glow of the eyes of the Grimm, isn't particularly out of the usual apart from it's color, though it emanates a rather negative feeling. His semblance however, is out of the ordinary completely. His semblance, on first glance, gives 'buffs' to the one who's marked. However, applied to the Grimm, it links to the minds of the dark creatures while applying the buffs. Those whom he chooses to mark gain buffs of strength, speed and even intelligence. It would have been a great supportive attribute, if he hadn't fallen in darkness. Lucien is able to 'take over' multiple Grimm at a time, almost like a hive mind. Often operating from the shadows, he uses the Grimm to do his bidding. The Grimm who receive that mark react a little different from people, however. The Grimm, being soulless creatures, were subject to absorb the mark's attribute after being exposed to it regularly. The exact science is that the mark is essentially part of Lucien's aura, his soul. The bodies absorb the soul and become linked to his mind, like a hive mind and an extension of his aura, thriving through another vessel.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: For a good amount of time, Lucien plays with the Grimm to accomplish feats they couldn't alone. Understanding that taking over alpha's within the Grimm specie meant having more control over it's pack or 'followers', he places his aura mark on these, which give the subject to the mark buffs mentioned earlier. Lucien built himself a 'private guard' and eventually extended his control as he took in stronger creatures and built his 'army' as such. Lucien began to experiment on his own with dust, mostly executing his test on his Grimm subjects. The more obedient and weaker ones past first, as he figured things out what to do and what not to. It cost many subjects, but the Grimm weren't to difficult to find.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
However, when he shorthanded on Grimm pawns, Lucien prefers to defend himself with a halberd. The staff can divide itself into 3 sections, and it can conduct red fire dust throughout the whole staff, with a rocket function if thrown. The dust is mostly stored in the red jewel area of the axe. This also makes the axe-head very hot and can burn as it cuts. He uses the halberd in rotative movements mostly, bust he also slashes and chops with it.

Personality/Behavior: The darkness within him has been present for far too long, it has riddled the man with hate and negativity. Though he has come around to a great control over his powers and strength and is able to hold a calm composure, he has a madness that hides itself very well. Very much like clockwork, he tries to plan every outcome and be ready for them, making him a very tricky fellow. With the years of organizing himself and his schemes, he has gained experience that some would say military men would get in terms of strategy. His education also comes in handy, as he passes a good part of his time in his laboratory. Lucien has a knack of sending Grimm to do his bidding, using his semblance's attribute with Grimm to know what's happening on a battlefield.

Character Flaws: His madness, if stressed too much or definite loss is nearby and all escape is impossible, will erupt, turning him desperate, raging and . He also has a great disconnection with human contact and civilization. He keeps updated by flying on the back of a Nevermore, but otherwise he is rather limited from human contact. This leads for rather poor social skills. His darkness emanates from him, which Grimm pick up and follow, so Grimm tend to follow wherever he goes.

Background: Lucien's tale is one of darkness and misery. The boy grew up in the outskirts of Vacuo, near the borders of the city. Like many know, Vacuo isn't the place of luxury. It was one of the harder environments to grow up in, given for a kingdom, as life on the outskirts was a risky one. Creatures of Grimm often appeared, breaching the city walls to scavenge for food. It was a general hellhole, with gangs fights erupting every now and then. The streets weren't very safe, things were hard for everyone. Death was always walking the streets, it was a dog-eat-dog place. Not everyone would've stayed in these  conditions, but it was the perfect hiding place for people like Lucien's parents.
He was the offspring of serial killers in the ghettos of Vacuo. There wasn't light given to him at a young age, only the horrors of 2 maniacs.

At first, they used to be scientists, but their missions kept turning for the worst as they tried to study the Grimm. His father was stubborn and began doing it underground by himself, his mother as assistant. But they were meddling in things they weren't supposed to. Madness began to take hold of them as their hands grew stained from the darkness of the blood they devoted their time to research. Eventually they were discovered, but got away, escaped through the wilds and eventually went to Vacuo and hid there for the rest of their lives. They could only spread more blood as the madness drove them, and their only son was witness to their ever growing madness. They would experiment on their victims, saving their son only for what they would be certain wouldn't kill him.

He was 5 when is parents were caught and he was saved, but Lucien was left to walk the streets as an orphan, scarred for life of the experiments of his parents. No one trusted the kid, covered in scars and issue of mad serial killers. They were afraid he would do the same, after being exposed to so much murder and death. Before long, the child ended up outside the kingdom's walls. And encountered his first Grimm.

The Beowulf growled at him, glaring his blood red eyes at the defenseless child and slowly circling around him. Lucien was paralyzed in fear, exhausted and starved. There was no way for him to fight back, he was dinner to the Grimm. But instead of slashing down on the child, the Beowulf picked him up by the scruff of the shirt like it would a pup and brought it back to it's pack. In the beginning, he had no idea why. It wasn't until later that he understood that they could smell the negative energies pouring from him. He was already a Grimm inside, he only looked human. As the months went on, the Grimm scavenged meat for the human that understood them. He grew up amongst the darkest creatures, absorbing their energies with every passing day and becoming one of them. It also during this time, that his eyes lost their white purity and became black as the Grimm's fur itself.

It wasn't before he was a teenager that he began to thick farther than just surviving with the Grimm. He had traveled the lands on backs of Goliath and nevermores, he has seen the petty peace that other humans live in. How they spread the darkness themselves and cried over their own failures to understand the workings of this world. Lucien's hate only seeped more and more, as he despised the people would so merrily smiled and laughed while injustice and pain still wreaked the world around them. And so he began to form a plan, a plan to destroy the 4 kingdoms and remind the human race of the darkness that they inflict with every passing day, that they should atone for their sins.

Hiding that facet of Grimm and darkness and also wearing a pair of contacts, the young man faked his entrance into a Science school, with firm intention to learn more of techniques and proper material treatment and equipment he would require. He was also very good in the field. He graduated a few years later as a normal student, with nothing too special. To the headboards, Lucien disappeared off the radar after the school was done, his name not to be mentioned anywhere again. In truth, he returned to his hideout and began using his special attribute to his own strength; testing on live Grimm without the fear they would kill him or break loose, since they were already loose in the first place.

Sessha

Looks good from here. I can't wait for this to begin. :)

Wolfie

My CS will be up sometime in the next few days.

SweetRevenge

Well, I've waited quite a while and I believe that some people have been waiting for this to kick off, so I'm most likely going to make the OOC tomorrow (it's rather late here and I'm rather tired and slightly in pain, so my head's really not up to the game tonight)

Do you guys have any ideas of a mission you could be on when you'll encounter 'upgraded' Grimm? I could probably work something out, but having your input in what you'd like to do with the lead to get you guys together is better. =J

Sain

Hmm... do you want another villain or do you got your hands full on starting it up? I know I'm a bit late to respond to interest query, but just checking :)

Could play the considerably younger little sister of the main villain who got caught by them good guys at some point.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

pendarious

remember that Louise is a villain (technically) so she'd be receiving orders through the grimm.

as for Nemo well I'm not picky about how you introduce the grimm to him. speaking of him I do need to actually finish his sheet soon.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

SweetRevenge

The villains might just be contacted directly by the 'big boss' himself. Hunters will come across abnormal Grimm creatures, and follow trails and leads thereafter. Maybe that could be the reason they were dispatched in that area in the first place; sightings of dangerous and abnormal Grimm.

EDIT Here's the OOC =D https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217373.0

Wolfie

I will be withdrawing from this topic. Sorry to say but I don't have time to make a character, much less even keep up with my solos lately due to rl