What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Wolfy

LunarSage

I'm still playing Arkham City.  I finally collected all the Riddler Trophies and all the side quests but the Riddler Hostage missions.  I understand you have to have every Riddler trophy to beat the Riddler, but do you have to do all the challenges as well?  If that's the case I may be in trouble.  I'm horrible at combos.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

HUSS

Replaying Serious Sam 3. Nothing like some rungunfun. :)

Rage

After a few hours running around on Newgrounds

Sonic Boom Cannon 2
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

Hemingway

I've started a new game in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Crossfire is fun, but they're quite different.

I guess I might as well explain, in case anyone's considering getting either, but don't know which to start with. Crossfire is standalone, so BiA is not required to play. Crossfire is also a more linear experience, has a smaller world with fewer areas to capture, money's more scarce and so is good equipment. It's not really a more difficult game in any way, and in some ways it's even easier. Crossfire is better in some ways, because the areas are designed in a way that takes better advantage of the game's engine. Well, that's my opinion, anyway. In BiA, there are lots of large, open outdoor areas, while Crossfire has more buildings and urban maps, which makes it more tactically interesting. Crossfire also has a larger selection of mercenaries and weapons.

Still, it's a considerably shorter game ( It is technically an expansion ).

Anyway, I started playing Back in Action again, and I've done some things differently. I'm having a blast - again! It's even better this time than the first time I played it. In part because I started out with just two mercenaries - one really good, expensive one, and a cheap one. They've now been joined by a good marksman/explosives expert, and together they're tearing Arulco apart.

One thing I noticed is that things seem to progress more slowly now. Maybe it's because I'm doing everything faster - capturing more areas in fewer days. Well, I'm not complaining. In my first playthrough, I started coming up against high-level enemies very early, which made things very difficult early on. I'm not really sure why.

Anyway, that's enough information that nobody cares about, since I'm apparently the only person in the world who actually likes Back in Action.

DevonFox

Just finished chapter 3 of the Walking Dead game on PS3. That game is MEEEEESSED UUUUUUP!!!

SinXAzgard21

Guild Wars 2, Darksiders 2 and The World Ends With You solo remix for Iphone.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on August 28, 2012, 08:46:50 AM
HEY SABBY

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Does this tickle your fancy? :3

*yawns* Oh wow, that looks great... the novelty of the setting is worth paying for and completing an entire game.

Lately, I've been considering upgrading my computer. I stumbled on this.

Borderlands 2 GeForce GTX PhysX Trailer

You get the game for free if you buy the NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 Ti. I have no ear for this stuff, so I just watched a few video reviews until I was pretty sure I understood. It'll take a month for me to save up for it, but damn it's powerful for the price. Plus I have a raging barbed erection for physics engines, and trying to picture the first Borderlands with all that yummy simulation stuff flying around in the thick of gun fights.... want. Want so friggen bad.

SinXAzgard21

I like the graphics card, though I wonder if I could fit two in my rig.  I have two AMD Radeon 6850s in there right now.

Sabby

You can have two? o.o

...why do I feel silly asking that? ^^'

Life in Color

Quote from: Sabby on August 30, 2012, 01:57:47 PM
You can have two? o.o

...why do I feel silly asking that? ^^'

It's called cross firing, the latest generations of graphics cards can do it. Just make sure you have the right memory board, two of the same kinda of graphics cards, enough RAM to make it worth it.... And amazing cooling.

:)

SinXAzgard21

I have 4gb ram, 7 fans and a liquid cooling system.  I run most everything on full graphics.

Estevia

Currently I am playing Tera Online and Diablo III

What I can't wait to play (and waiting patiently for the release) is Resident Evil 6!
"Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need.
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why!"

Oniya

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 30, 2012, 04:56:21 PM
I have 4gb ram, 7 fans and a liquid cooling system.  I run most everything on full graphics.

*peers in, fascinated*

Liquid cooling system?  How's that work?  You have little water pipes running in and out of your machine?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Melthin

Persona 4 Arena and Final Fantasy 6 while I wait for Borderlands 2. I can't wait to run around as Zero and see what the deal is with that Mechromancer class ^^
Come into the necromancers web and continue into the lives of the others trapped within it. O/O's

Brandon

Ive been playing some blacklight retribution. Although its arguably pay to win it doesnt seem that way just yet.

Although if I have one major gripe about it its that hardsuits (big mechs you can pilot and mow people down with) are to cheap. In most game modes people just grab them as quick as they can, then you have to spend your currency on anti armor weapons or hardsuits to counter them. So halfway through a game you have 2 sometimes 3 people sitting in a hardsuit on one objective and thats really hard to counter unless you have very specific equipment

I like the idea of hardsuits I just think 1300 points is to cheap for how much power they have and how much counters you have to buy to take them out
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oniya on August 30, 2012, 05:02:37 PM
*peers in, fascinated*

Liquid cooling system?  How's that work?  You have little water pipes running in and out of your machine?

It is a self containing device and the tubes are in the tower itself.  Tomshardware.com should have some very good articles and such on them.  I recommended them to hardcore gamers or those looking into gaming on pc with dual graphics cards.

I am waiting for my big ass chest for borderlands 2 and the mecromancer class will probably be released a few days after the game goes live.  It is dlc that you get for free if you pre-order the game.

Wolfy

So guys, guys!!!

It's been announced that there's going to be a Metal Gear Solid Movie, and the same producer who gave us "The Amazing Spiderman" is signed on for the project.

Could this possibly be...the first good video game movie adaptation?

SinXAzgard21

Hemingway

I guess David Hayter needs to start working out.

Oniya

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 31, 2012, 11:01:09 PM
It is a self containing device and the tubes are in the tower itself.  Tomshardware.com should have some very good articles and such on them.  I recommended them to hardcore gamers or those looking into gaming on pc with dual graphics cards.

I am waiting for my big ass chest for borderlands 2 and the mecromancer class will probably be released a few days after the game goes live.  It is dlc that you get for free if you pre-order the game.

A few years ago, I had to get a new machine because of overheating issues.  Iit would bluescreen almost every two hours during the summer, but never during the winter.  The tech support people I took it to couldn't make heads or tails out of it, since they worked in air conditioned rooms.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Andy went all Nostalgia Mode on me from some Command and Conquer pack Dx Every game ever. I noticed there was a shooter in it, and mentioned I hadn't played. He went ballistic and forced me to.

I like it :3

Hemingway

Command & Conquer is ... nostalgia?

I still play the hell out of the original! It's the best RTS there ever was!

Renegade ... could've been better. It's a little too silly for my tastes.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oniya on September 01, 2012, 05:43:27 PM
A few years ago, I had to get a new machine because of overheating issues.  Iit would bluescreen almost every two hours during the summer, but never during the winter.  The tech support people I took it to couldn't make heads or tails out of it, since they worked in air conditioned rooms.

Well normal cases you get from the store only have one vent wish in in the back where the stock fan usually is.  I have two fans on bottom of my comp, two in front, two in back and two on one side along with the cooling.  My comp doesn't get above 55 Celcius and that is even running it x-fired with a heavy graphics game running.