Re: Re: Last One Wins (archive)

Started by abandoneddolly, August 04, 2010, 11:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordred

*envelopes Xandria in shadow.. which I say is not at all unpleasant.. in fact.. it feels pretty good!.. lures out win with a little win-treat (wins are basically little creatures that can be tricked.. although this win is a cute little pet).. gets the prize and reluctantly leaves the lovely Xandria shadow-free*
*See Pillory*

Xandria

*Smiling, she decides time to fight fire with fire!  So, she switches to Vampire mode...it's been a while but it works! Closing her eyes to concentrate, she turns herself into a soft white mist.  Curling around Mordred until he is completely surrounded and quite unable to see, very slowly, one smoky tendril stretches out to lift the win, carrying it away as misty Xandria floats away before he even realizes she was there...*
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Mordred

Wha-? Huh? She can't.. well jeez.. apparently she can!
Too late, he looks up seeing the misty Xandria floating away. Quickly rummaging through his storage-coffin (hey, after a while there are too many to use.. I make the best use of them)... he finds an old powerful vacuum.. sends a jolt of shadow into it.. then a-ha!
Points hose up.. damn she is high up there but slowly the pull takes hold.. sucking (behave.. this is used in an innocent way) the white misty Xandria into a little chamber.
But not before separating the win.. into a little jar.. to wait until it takes proper form.
Hmm.. now what to do with this little win-usurper?
Takes off before she can reform.
Win.. Check!
*See Pillory*

Xandria

*A horrific force begins pulling at her misty form.* What the hell is this?  *Panic sets in and the next thing she knows, she's stuck inside a dark place that is curiously full of dust!  The loud sound of a motor...whirring...it dawns!  A vacuum? Oh of all the nerve!  *Snapping her fingers she rematerializes in a cloud of dust.  Coughing, she dusts herself off...muttering.* "Suck me into a machine will he...."  She giggles in spite of herself.

*Concentrating again, this time she transforms into a bat...not a nasty little black one, but a cute little brown one with pink nose.  Soaring through the night sky, she sets her sights and finds her prey.  Swooping down in front of Mordred, she flaps her wings in his face, tickling his nose, and then grabs the win with her little feet.  Chirping her triumph, she takes off high in the sky...the moonlight glinting off the golden prize.* 

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

lenka

Xandria

Mordred

Emulates his old friend Nosferatu.. the shadow creeps up the stairs.. sending a chill through all (he was one of kind, that old dog!)...
Swipes win.. sending thought (he didn't speak much.. unlike certain other vampires).. ohh silly, if you could keep it, maybe I'd let you truly keep it.. but it keeps being stolen.
Gives Xandria a shadow kiss.. vanishing back down the stairs.. in creepy fashion.
Muhahaha!
*See Pillory*

Martee

Waits at the bottom of the stairs, tripping him and snatching the win!

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

derek

Grabs it as she turns away...I have the WIN.

Mordred

*See Pillory*

Xandria

Yanks him back and wags her finger..."Ah, ah ah...that's MY win buster!" Snatches it back and dashes off into the night...muhahahaha

Mordred

Was I just gonged? *feels neck.. seems a giant hook snatched him back off the winning stage*
*listens.. hearing a howling breeze.. no bonging gong*
How dare she? Again.. when oh when.. will they all just realize. it's mine?
Takes it.. melts it.. reforms it.. slips it on my finger.. now let someone try to find it! Ha!
*See Pillory*

Xandria

Waking to find her treasure gone, a swirling vortex appears at the foot of her bed.  Curious but unafraid, she steps through it, and once through the other side what does she see? An imposing red landscape, with spires of rock reaching up to an alien sky, and several humanoids step out from the shadows; all with tall pointy ears! I know this place!!  It’s planet Vulcan!  WOW, Star Trek IS real! 

Giddy with the realization, she jumps up and down clapping, but freezes once she sees the disapproving Vulcan stares and withering glances cast her way.  Squaring her shoulders, she clears her throat, and then does her best Spock impression and raises her hand in the V formation. In the most noble and dignified voice she can muster, she speaks. “Live long and prosper.”  Hehehe…she always wanted to say that!

The Vulcan priestess motions her forward to a scrying pool, and Xandria steps closer transfixed by the mirrored surface, until she sees Mordred with the win now transformed into a ring about his finger.  Looking at the Priestess, she sees the woman point, urging her to keep watching.  The ring begins to glow, and the Vulcan Priestess begins chanting, “Band of gold, treasure bold, by order of T’Rea, this win belongs no more to Mordred, a new mistress I’ve chosen for thee.”  Then…flaming red words slash across the golden metal in ancient Vulcan, etching permanently across the surface…PROPERTY OF XANDRIA.

Smiling wide in triumph, Xandria bows and thanks the wise old woman, and then steps back through the vortex.  Back in the sanctuary of her own room, free of Vulcan scrutiny, she twirls around laughing maniacally, and shouts, “Nah, nah, nah…it’s mine, no matter where it is, it’s mine!” 

Mordred

Hours later he walks along a desolate Vulcan highway. Sulking! Wise woman, my ass! Oh give me a dark cave any day of the week. Enough of these foreign lands.
Having gotten over yet another crumbling disappointment, he can't help but admire Xandria's spunk. She certainly doesn't give up. But leaving me here.. that was simply cruel.
In a mix of humor and rage, nearby shadow crackles as he vanishes.. jumping though the various squiggles of string through the universe.. until landing near a truckstop somewhere in Oregon. Oregon? Well, it's close. A snap of fingers, another snap.. delivers him to a tree outside a bedroom. Ah ha.. so there she is, and the win. Gotta be quiet this time... no rattling of any cages. Using an old shadow-grapple (not nearly as tasty as the shadow-apple, but much more useful) he sends it silently through walls.. pulls is slowly knowing the crafty little tool works in mysterious ways.. until... Bingo! He feels a bite. With a hard yank (of the rope!) he pulls it quick, win snapping into a greedy grip.
Just for grins and giggles.. and because Xandria so loves to leave her mark (as the t-shirt he adorns currently proves).. the mad vampire then sends in another tendril of shadow. This one, ohhh so quietly, calmly.. etches a tiny tattoo on the side of a scrumptious neck.. "You've been Blue'd".
Whistling, the new winner makes his way into nothingness.
*See Pillory*

Xandria

Sound asleep and basking in dreams of gleaming golden wins falling from the sky, her hand reaches up to swat at a soft tickle on her neck.  Sitting up with a start, she feels a lingering tingle upon her skin and walks to the mirror...a perfect little tattoo stares back at her, and she knows. "Mordred!" She shouts in disbelief.   Flopping down on the floor with not much grace, she crosses her legs and closes her eyes, concentrating on what to do next.

An unseen but seductive female voice sounds in the darkness, "Use the secret Charm of Making."  Of course!  How silly of me not have thought of it sooner, she thinks to herself.  Smiling now, she rises and steps out into the moonlit night.  Focusing on her foe, her eyes glitter with intensity as she murmurs the spell:

"Anal nathrak, uthvas bethud, do che-ol di-enve.  Win...transform into the semblance of a Peregrine!"

Somewhere deep in his Vampire cave, Mordred sees a heavy fog descending.  The prize shimmers and transforms into a glorious falcon with feathers of the purest gold.  The bird spreads its wings, flying up to the ceiling before circling around the poor befuddled vampire. A piercing cry breaks the silence, and the bird hovers for a moment in front of Mordred, before soaring into the night.

As Xandria watches the sky, she hears a mournful cry, and holds out her arm.  The shimmering falcon glides down and perches on her hand.  She smiles, and strokes the feathers softly. "Welcome back my darling win...welcome back."

Mordred

The 'poor befuddled vampire' (:P) leans against the cave entrance, watching the falcon grow smaller until the dot shimmers out of sight. Lighting a match against the rock, he lights a blue smeared cigar. Foiled again! And she used a Charm of Making. Light weaves.. ahh so the crafty beauty wants to start flinging magic about, eh? Shadow was simply part of him.. he had no choice.. but Xandria.. ok gorgeous, let's see here.

Closing his eyes he started flipping through pages in a deeply locked volume. Some pages were missing (he mentally ripped out certain pages a while back when madness gripped).. but finally he blurred past the wanted spell. He flipped back a few pages, finding the hologram spell. Yessss..

Outside, he found a rock. Nothing special. Just a small, mostly roundish black rock. Dark blue is preferred but rocks that shade aren't as easy to find. A blue marble is best but no toy stores in his secret realm. Concentrating hard as he stares at the rock, the grounds starts to shake slightly followed by a whooshing sound.. then snap! He is sucked suddenly into the rock. The rock remains mid-air.. quivers for a moment (it's quite an intoxicating sensation, really.. but not the time to get into it here).. then speeds off into the distance.

Soon, following the naughty falcons trail (go towards the light.. unlike the usual 'stay away from the light').. the Mordred-rock whistles through the air.. until the overgrown pigeon drops the win into the delicious scented (senses are, amazingly, even higher in this state.. and phew, she does smell goooood) Xandria's hand. Ok, can't let her get too acquainted with MY possession.

The rock dropped slightly, then a clicking sound brought with it a very realistic hologram of Mordred. A hologram and yet it was truly him. Moving his limbs around and through himself, he laughed. Let's see her thwart this!

The falcon instantly attacked but flew right through him as he strolled with a whistle towards Xandria. He could tell by her expression, it was all a bit too much, too quick. Nope, no R2D2.. just the vampire and a tiny unseen rock. Deftly picking up the win, making sure for that tiny moment he was real enough to lift the object, he then directed the 'realness' to the lips, planting a big wet one on Xandria's perplexed yet adorable face, whispering, "Do yourself a favor, scrumptious one.. just give in.. I know, I know this is starting to wear upon you.. I'll even let you visit the win on occasion."

Sensing the magic was quick to fading, he sucked back into the rock, which shot outside so fast a tiny flame trailed behind. Sadly, before he got back, the magic drained fully.. sending him falling far from the sky into a pile of.. Rocks. But with win tucked away with him in this new, slightly immobile guise.
*See Pillory*

Belle33

Hang on, Mordred - you're winning in the other thread, too!  Unacceptable!!!

*Nabs the win for myself...and takes one of his cubans, too*

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Mordred

Agrees.. was a tad greedy there for a while.. but now has no wins.. so takes this one back! Does Matrix (part 2, which kinda sucked but still.. cool scene) trick.. taking win, making a thousand, thousand copies.. all lined up in the rain.. downtown.

But.. this one is not a cruel dictating winner. He leaves behind another cigar for the lovely Belle. And a strategically placed handprint. Just to let her know the win.. is back in it's proper hands.

*Adagio from '2001: A Space Odyssey' plays.. building slowly to a roaring sound*
*See Pillory*

Skye

Keep up the distractions...
-steals the win while everyone roleplays.- >:)
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Mordred

*hidden somehow as a distraction.. sneaks from shadow, swipes the win* :P
*See Pillory*

Belle33

*snatches the WIN from Mordred before he accidentally ignites it* 

MINE!

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Mordred

*wants to wait.. let the gorgeous Belle bask in the glory for at least a little while but ohhhhh this creature that swims inside me is too damn greedy!*
*swipes win.. accidentally pulling free that yellow blanket.. lingers for a bit.. slowly vanishing.. eyes last to leave*
*See Pillory*

Adammair

*wanders in, with a confused expression on his face* Wait...this isn't where I parked my car!
*unknowingly takes the win*

Kendra

*skips in, dances with Adam to confuse him all the more then slips away stealing his win*

Mordred

*having gone through the win-withdrawals.. first trying cold-turkey, then the win-patch, winnerette (win-gum).. then tried using a bit of shadow to assist.. then even tried pseudo-win.. none worked.. so caved and now.. swiping the win*
*shaking has ceased*
*lights a cigar, slaps some blue on the win.. which is now mine, mine, mine* :P
*See Pillory*