[Interest Check] RWBY Roleplay (Co-GM Welcome)

Started by Florence, February 14, 2015, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Alright, here's the sheet in a nutshell. I'll edit the first post to have this as well as the code in a moment. Then I'll get to work on my example.

EDIT: I COMPLETELY FORGOT GENDER. ADDING IT NOW. OFF TO A BRILLIANT START, FLORENCE!

CHARACTER IMAGE GOES HERE IF YOU HAVE ONE

Name: Keep the following rules in mind: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaWUEHUCQAAi4zq.png
Color Allusion: In other words, how does your chosen name relate to a color?

Race: Human, Faunus or Half-Breed. Half-Breeds can vary in appearance from totally human to looking like a full-blooded Faunus and shades in between.
Animal: If Faunus or Half-Breed, what species of animal is the character based on?
Age: Most graduated hunters are at least 21, but some can be a few years younger if they skipped years during schooling.
Gender: Being a Liege myself, this rp is most definitely open to any and all variations of gender identity!
Sexual Orientation: This rp is also most definitely open to pretty much any sexual orientation!

Weapon: Please list any and all forms or special features the weapon possesses.
Semblance: You don't have to list every individual application of the Semblance, just make sure to be clear about what the ability is and how it works.

Appearance: Describe your character's appearance here. This is especially important if you don't have a character image.

Personality: You don't have to be super in depth here, and I understand that a character's personality may differ once you actually start to play them, and really start to get inside their head. Simply show that you have a decent concept of a character here.

History: If you have anything you'd like to keep secret, run it by me in PMs. Otherwise, give us an idea of what the character has been up to up until the start of the rp.

Ons: What sexual activities are you down with concerning this character?
Offs: What sexual activities are you NOT down with concerning this character?

Symbol: Optional; If your character has a recurring motif or symbol, describe it, or post an image here, and explain what its visible on. Use spoilers for images.
Theme Music: Optional; If your character has a theme song or theme music, list it here. Use spoilers.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Florence

Okay, added gender to the sheet, but now... hmmm... yeah, I think I'll add Sexual Orientation, and I may as well add ons and offs.

This IS Elliquiy, after all.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Wolfy

Are there any rules against what Faunus CAN'T be? As in, can they only be mammals (Which is all we see in the series, so I assume so)

Silk

Faunus are similar to the Humans of Remnant, except for the fact that they share certain traits with animals. Some types of Faunus are more common than others, with some being extremely rare.[1] Faunus with mammalian traits in general seem to be quite common

This is taken from the wiki, so I assume by that description non-mammalian Faunus are at least possible, just a lot rarerer. But the Faunus we have seen so far are apparently, Cat, Bull, Monkey, Rabbit and Puma. Florences call though.

Florence

Quote from: Wolfy on February 15, 2015, 09:41:08 PM
Are there any rules against what Faunus CAN'T be? As in, can they only be mammals (Which is all we see in the series, so I assume so)

Hmmm... since RWBY does operate largely on 'rule of cool', I'll handle non-mammal Faunus on a case-by-base basis. If you've got an idea, run it by me in PMs and I'll see if it works.

The only hard no I'm going to set down is this: Faunus are not furries. The degree to which they have animal qualities can vary, but their overall appearance should still remain human.

Wolfy

Name: Oren Baya
Color Allusion:  Oren is Welsh for Orange, while Baya is Spanish for Berry

Race: Faunus
Animal: Kitsune/Fox
Sexual Orientation:  Bisexual

Weapon: Kunai Attached to Razor Wire which is spooled from her belt. The spoolers also have slots for Dust catridges, allowing elements to be imbued into the Kunai/Wires, such as sending an Electrical charge through them, or fire along them. Can be used for attacking and transportation, the Kunai's being able to attach to things and pull/swing her to her destination. The wire/tethers are rather strong, made from extremely durable and flexible material, but aren't indestructible. Known as "Taura Corte" Or "Cable Cutter"
Semblance: Illusions. Oren is able to create strong illusions for the immediate area using her Aura, and if one does not perceive or realize they are illusions, whatever happens within can harm her opponent, such as fire seeming to burn or Grim seeming to claw and bite. However if one can perceive that they are illusions, their Aura can be used to break the spell. Her favorite is creating Fox Fire, blue flames that burn hotly. She'll often use dust cartridges to lend credence that the fire really is there, leading to an easier time of convincing her opponent that the inferno they're in is real.

Appearance:Soft looks with sharp claws, Oren usually wears a white shirt under and Orange top/vest, along with black jeans that are held up by two belts criss-crossing along her waist which also hold her weapon. Her hair is usually down, long and dark brown with soft green eyes. Her Fox ears and tails, three of them! Are prominently on display, as she is not ashamed of her Faunus heritage. She also has a floral Tattoo on her back, though few have ever seen it. She is able to use her semblance to change her appearance when needed.

Personality: Soft Spoken but normally high energy, Oren seems to be an enigma as far as personality is concerned. She certainly has her own agenda for things, that much can be said, but what her goals or dreams are is something completely in the air. She seems to be at Beacon for reasons only known to her, but she is also enjoying every moment of it that she can. Playing pranks is her usual pass time, though she can be serious when it's needed.

History: A bit of a mystery, Oren was born to Faunus parents who were both part of the White Fang, at least initially. Not wanting their daughter to get caught up in such an organization, they quietly left the movement shortly after her birth and settled down into a quiet suburb. Both foxes, it came as little surprise that their daughter would also be a fox, but her three tails made for a surprise when Oren was born, and as fate would have it the girl proved to be an exceptional combatant, able to use Aura and her Semblance at a young age, though she had no idea what she was doing until she heard of Beacon and the combat schools that taught young people how to fight and control themselves in preparation to become hunters. Deciding that she would want to live such a life because it sounded fun, Oren joined up with a combat school and was promoted to Beacon after four years of study to control herself and become combat ready.

Ons: Giving and receiving Oral, Vaginal, Threesomes. Most things.
Offs: Water Sports, Vomit, Gore, Scat, the normal things.

Symbol:
Theme Music:

brandon4fun

Is it too late for me to throw my name in the pile of being very interested in doing this?

Florence

Quote from: brandon4fun on February 16, 2015, 12:26:35 AM
Is it too late for me to throw my name in the pile of being very interested in doing this?

By all means write up a character! :D

And Wolfy, Oren is definitely approved! :D

Who doesn't like a ninja fox lady?

I'm guessing based on her history and age, even though it doesn't say explicitly, that she skipped a few years?

Wolfy

Quote from: Florence on February 16, 2015, 01:30:43 AM
By all means write up a character! :D

And Wolfy, Oren is definitely approved! :D

Who doesn't like a ninja fox lady?

I'm guessing based on her history and age, even though it doesn't say explicitly, that she skipped a few years?

Possibly!.....Really I didn't pay attention to the Average age at Beacon, but sure. xD

Florence

Quote from: Wolfy on February 16, 2015, 07:13:45 AM
Possibly!.....Really I didn't pay attention to the Average age at Beacon, but sure. xD

Well, I stated on the character sheet that graduates are generally going to be at least 21.

I explained in an earlier post that most students enroll in Beacon at 17, and it seems to take four years to graduate.

Wolfy

Quote from: Florence on February 16, 2015, 07:25:18 AM
Well, I stated on the character sheet that graduates are generally going to be at least 21.

I explained in an earlier post that most students enroll in Beacon at 17, and it seems to take four years to graduate.

I'd say she skipped a year, though it wasn't something I was planning on. lol

brandon4fun

Name: Rouge Sang (blood red in french)
Color Allusion: Red
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Weapon:  A large dragon buster sword he calls the bloodedge, half of the blade is yellow and the other half is red. His sword has 3 different forms allowing it to be usefully for anything, it has its original form used for much stronger attacks at the expense of losing speed while trying to swing the heavy blade. He can split the sword in half to turn them into a pair of katanas, used for faster strikes, each with their own slots for dust, the yellow one using electricity and the red using fire, and the last form is a button on the hilt of the two blades, releasing the blades from the hilt attacked to a chain to use for ranged attacks while needing to keep his distance.

Semblance: Temperature. Rouge has a strong sense of his own body and by manipulating it he can change his body temperature at will, changing it from very cold to very hot to adjust to all types of surroundings and weather patterns making it easier for him to travel around. Also in a fight changing his bodies temperature enough and touches someones skin can have some dangerous effects on them. Even though his body is more resistant to the changing temperatures and can still survive when others couldn't, his body has a limit on how hot or cold he can get, if he goes past that limit he could die from it.

Appearance: Rouge Sang is 6 ft tall with spiky black hair, usually wearing a black shirt and black pants with a long blood red jacket.

Personality: He always tries to be kind to everyone he talks to. While around new people he is usually very quiet having not been able to meet new people while growing up and is very closed around them. Although he'll start opening up to people when he starts to get to know them. When he feels close to someone, he'll do whatever he can to protect them, always afraid of losing another person he's close to. He prefers action and is always interested in honing his skills with his blades and won't say no training with someone and will never turn down a challenge.

History: Rouge started his training when he was a little kid by his father who was a hunter. When he thought he was ready, the two of them worked together and made the bloodedge, the red half for him, and the yellow for his father. Even though his father mainly trained Rouge on how to use the blade, he used it as well to fight against Rouge to keep him ready to have only one half of the blade and to teach him how his enemies could attack. One day his father left on a mission and never returned, fearing the worst but never knowing for sure what happened to him, to honor his father, took the blood red jacket that he was supposed to get once he became a hunter and left. Since his father was a well known hunter and he'd been trained more of his life, Rouge was entered to take a test to get into Beacon and he passed, ready to fulfill his father's dream for him to be a hunter, and so he can travel to world to find out what happened to him.

Ons: Giving and receiving oral, anal, light bondage
Offs: scat, watersports, gore

Symbol:
Theme Music:

Baalborn87

I hope I'm not too late. I have been having trouble with my laptop. I have a preliminary  character for consideration.

Name: Xanthous Crow
Color Allusion: It means yellow.
Race: Human.
Sexual Orientation: Hetro
Weapon: Whispered Lament. A ninjato
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
combined with a submachine gun (SMG)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
. (as suggested by http://en.shindanmaker.com/371106). Almost indistinguishable from a "normal" ninjato   in its sword mode. When in "SMG" mode, half the haft folds down to form the grip and trigger. Clips are loaded horizontally (P90 style). The cutting edge runs along the top, allowing the weapon to be steadied by holding the back of the blade.
Semblance: Kinetic energy. Xanthous' semblance manifests quite subtly as a light yellow aura appearing along his forearms and hands. With proper use he can deflect blows away from his body, redirecting attacks. He can also use it to absorb ranged and energy attacks. But is loathe to do it as it the energy of the attack is only reduced not redirected. And over use in a single battle can result in injury.

Appearance: 5'11", Brown hair, Yellow/gold eyes, clean shaven, often seen wearing jeans, shirt, heavy duster and wide brimmed 'cowboy' hat. Prefers to keep whispered Lament across his back in a black sheath.

Personality: Quite a quiet person. Often only speaking up to provide insight. Almost as if he only speaks if something is worth saying. But anyone who knows him knows him knows that he always has the right thing to say. Though he might seem cold and distant to outsiders. People who are close to him know that's just a façade and he can be quick to smile and is quite warm and protective 

History: UNDER EDIT

Ons: Mutual masturbation, straight sex, oral (giving). light bondage
Offs: Homosexuality (not in a homophobic way. just not appeals), watersports, scat, heavy bdsm.

Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d8SzG4FPyM

Wolfy

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Silber Grau
Color Allusion: Silver Grey in german (not her real name though but unknown)

Race: Faunus
Animal: Wolf
Sexual Orientation: Bi-sexual, shameless flirt when drunk (rare as needs several litters of high percentage alcohol)

Weapon: Pair of battle gauntlets which sprout long razor sharp blades to the side and allow extend them longer and wider to allow glide from heights/slow falls while keeping arms spread (they are thin and light weight). The blades also can be launched from the gauntlets (either as long blades or rapid short bladed barrage).
Semblance: Unknown (has exceptional high Aura though which enhances self-healing and endurance greatly)

Personality: Dependable, hot head in regards bullies vs faunus, likes drinking contests and friendly wrestling matches and jogging and sprinting outdoors. Goes melancholy on sight of snow. Good in keeping secrets and sense reliable. Likes to bit tease sometimes and in drunk completely shameless flirt (and horny). Likes trick people for drinking games as she wins them easily and can do some minor humiliating stuff on passed out contestants. In regards White Fang she dislikes talk about them, as she does not agree what they are doing but there is clearly something else also involved (likely ex-member or dated a member by most popular theory).

History: Silber Grau arrived to Beacon academy from one four academies from the world but later on was figured out he entered with false papers but she had already been three years in Beacon part of her team, so Ozpin left her be but investigated her past further through private interview where she told her reason for secrecy and fake ID. Whatever reasons she told Ozpin accepted them and she continued still under her false alias and so far haven't told even her teammates what exactly her story is. More told it's for their own safety she does not tell anything and if it shows up or becomes relevant she will tell. But her own real age is older than what Beacon usually accepts (one reason why she used fake ID) and age with fauns is hard to tell on surface. So far she has not shared any details of her personal life with anyone (in sense she is quiet sort but sociable and as she keeps her secrets she easily keep others secrets unless they endanger themselves or others).

Ons: Personality, wit, playful animalistic behavior, physical intense sex along bit roughousing. Is a switch, dominant if stronger than partner but submissive if partner is stronger. Outdoors and public places (risk being caught) exciting also.
Offs: Not big fan of bondage, disgusted on fetes/toilet matter involved, consents rarely for anal willingly

Theme Music: No Game, No Life

Angaroo

Voicing my interest in this. c: I'll start on a CS as soon as I get home from work!

Florence

I think I need to make the age thing more clear, since it seems like most people are missing it.

Unfortunately, the only one of the new applications I can accept at the moment is Silber.

Characters should generally be at least 21, due to the usual entry age of Beacon being 17 and the education taking about 4 years.

When I said I'd allow exceptions... I wasn't expecting almost every application to be under 21. So I'm going to say no on any more exceptions to that rule at the moment, at least until there's more people over the age of 21 to balance it out. Its just odd if everyone here just happens to have coincidentally skipped a few years.

I'm going to edit the first post to make that more obvious.

At any rate, I'm also going to ask that people PM me their sheets from now on before posting them, that way we can work out issues with them privately.

Also Wolfy, I fucking LOVE that clip xP

MissFire

Name: Vert Verde Victoire
Color Allusion: Green

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Weapon: Vert carries three specially crafted katana called 'howling swords'. Forged from a special alloy, when moved at a specific speed the kinetic energy makes them vibrate and emit a high-pitched tone. Striking with the weapons in such a state transfers the vibration and can shatter rigid objects they come into contact with, such as other weapons. Small rings next to the tsuba (hand guard) on each sword allows the blades to be spun by a skilled user with just a single finger.

Semblance: Vert is empowered by the Semblance of Wind, a force that allows her to generate winds within five feet of her body. Using this ability she can boost her speed, weapon attacks, or even bolster her jump height by impossible amounts. She most often uses this ability to levitate one of her katana and has such control over the air around her that she can execute accurate sword strikes with the floating weapon.

Appearance: Addt'l Image 1, Addt'l Image 2, Addt'l Image 3, Addt'l Image 4

Personality: Aloof, haughty, determined, and a bit arrogant, Vert is what one might call a bit of an elitist. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has a well-known family. Pride in her family name has led to some arrogance, which can cause conflicts with those around her who find her insufferable, but her confidence is not entirely undeserved. V takes everything she does extremely seriously and pursues perfection with an admirable determination and zeal. She tends to come off as a bit overblown and is dismissed as a snob by most - until they actually see her skill in combat. She is one of the most determined people you'll ever meet and hates losing with a real passion. She will not give up in any fight, even when hopelessly outmatched. Those she cares for (even if she doesn't admit she cares for them) she will guard with ferocious loyalty.

History: Vert Verde Victoire is the second scion (after her brother, Verde Vert Victoire) of Victoire Security Systems, a global leader in both physical and electronic security. Being a member of one of the most influential families has it's perks, and Vert received some of the best education and training that money could afford. While being spoiled may have left her a bit entitled, it hasn't made her lazy. She is obsessed with living up to her family name and the honor it holds. While most would simply assume she made it to Beacon based on money and prestige alone, the real secret is that her test scores were phenomenal.

Vert is an extremely skilled swordswoman and has all but perfected Santoryu (lit; Three Swords Style), a self-developed style in which she wields three swords at once - one in each hand and a third controlled by her Semblance. She combines this with equally astounding skill in another self-developed style she calls Resshūken (lit; Fissure Kick Fist), which relies on fast footwork in order to focus on fending off enemy attacks with the arms and using the legs to counterattack with powerful kicks. While extremely talented and having undergone formal training for much of her life, she lacks real teamwork experience.

Ons: Beautiful women, fine dining, wine, intelligence
Offs: Idiots, people without manners, failure

Symbol: A green fleur de lis
Theme Music: Love's Vagrant
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Florence

And here, way too late to be reasonably called an "example", is the character sheet I promised! Meet your new boss, Vanna!

Name: Vanna Soun
Color Allusion: Vanna is a Khmer name meaning 'Golden'.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual (She may make rare exceptions.)

Weapon: Tenhoko- A combined naginata and rifle, with the gun section making up the bulk of the shaft, firing out the opposite end as the blade. Through a pair of buttons, the blade can pop off, connected by an extending chain, which can be retracted again. The gun section can also seperate, to be wielded seperately from the balde, and to give the blade a shorter handle for more contralability as well as ease of use in tight spaces. The weapon's color scheme is gold with white details.
Semblance: Farsight- Vanna can see with her mind, allowing her to witness distant events. This can be done on the fly, but is limited in range, allowing her to peer behind closed doors or around corners. The full potential of her Semblance is harnassed through a deep meditation, which allows her to see events happening miles and miles away, and even allows her to telepathically communicate with those she sees.

Appearance: A somewhat tall woman, with an often stern expression on her face, Vanna casts an imposing image. Her curves are subtle, but present, rounding out her figure with roughly B or C cup breasts and a feminine, but not exceptionally large, butt. Though she rarely wears clothing that reveals her body too much, she is well built for combat, keeping up with intensive training even though she's now relegated to a less active position, with well-toned muscles and abs.

Her face is thin, with just enough fat to soften the edges and make her distinctly feminine in appearance. She has soft lips with just enough plump to make them noticeable against her otherwise delicate facial features. Her nose is a prime example, being the model of a feminine, unobtrusive nose, though it does an adequate job of holding her thin, golden-rimmed glasses in place. Her eyes, a piercing sky blue, hide behind the transition lenses; though when she's doing more physically demanding activities, she often wears cotnact lenses instead.

Her hair, when loose, is long and wavy, a golden blonde traveling well down her back. For the sake of looking proffesional, however, she generally pulls it into a long ponytail, leaving her hair a little fashionably messy in the front. This matches well with the largely professional clothes she wairs on the job. Its rumored that she dresses rather fashionably, keeping up with the latst trends, when on her time off, but its seen so rarely, its practically an urban legend.

Personality: Stern and harsh but fair and just would be the first words often used to describe Vanna. She expects the hunters working under her watch to do their utmost to complete their objectives, and responds harshly towards slacking and laziness. She does not waste her breath on false praise or empty reassurances, prefering to treat her fellow hunters as adults, arming them with the cold hard facts of any given situation. Still, she is not unreasonable, and is often very understanding of the way things are, not being one to blame others for failures beyond their control.

To the people of Vale, whom she has sworn to protect with her life, she is polite and courteous, always willing to offer a helping hand when needed, so long it does not interfere with the bigger picture. That bigger picture is something she tries to keep in mind as much as she can, reminding herself that in her position, she can't always afford to fix every little problem without putting the greater good at risk.

In personal interractions, she's somewhat reserved, not being one to talk openly about herself. Her position has no doubt put her in a position where making friends is difficult, knowing that each mission she organizes could lead to good people, perhaps even friends, being killed. Still, she is not entirely unfriendly, particularly when she's not in serious business mode; she's simply hesitant to open herself up to others.

She also loses her reserved demeanor when in combat, seeming to view combat as a rare and refreshing change of pace from her usual boring work. That said, she is usually mad at someone afterwords for screwing up badly enough that she was required to intervene in the first place.

History: Vanna's father Prak was something of a hero among hunters; incredibly fast and skilled with a naginata weapon similar to her own, called Yomihoko, though it had a silver and black color scheme. Though his exploits were legendary, and his death in the line of duty earned her great sympathy, she steadfastly refused any attempts that her instructers made to take things easy on her or frast track her eduction while she was training to follow in his footsteps.

She dreamed of being just like her father, a hero slaying monsters and saving people. When her Semblance developed, however, it was decided that her abilities leaned her more towards a support role. Still, she took every opportunity she could to be out on the field, and proved far from helpless when she did; but ultimately, she was given a command position, where her Semblance, and her sharp tactical mind, could be put to their best use.

Eventually she was stationed at the the town of Northwatch, appropriately located near Vale's Northern border. She has been tasked with overseeing the other hunters in the area, making sure that missions are fulflilled and problems are taken care of. It has been one year since she has taken over that post, and in that time she has made a good impression on the locals. Now, in response to an unusual spike in Grimm activity, a large batch of new huntsmen and huntresses are being sent her way.

Ons: Competant and confident individuals, intense and passionate sex, younger women; she is ultimately a switch, letting that sort of thing fall where it may in the throes of passion.
Offs: The usual suspects; scat, watersports, gore, blah blah blah.

Theme Music:

Wolfy

Florence

Quote from: Wolfy on February 16, 2015, 06:33:09 PM
So when we getting teams? lol

I'm not going to put people into teams.

As much as I like the idea, it raises too many problems.

It forces us to have a number of characters that are a multiple of 4, I'd have to think up ways to arrange the names that at least vaguely resemble a word that can be connected to color, if a player drops out it can complicate things further.

You're welcome to work out being part of teams when you were in Beacon amongst yourselves if you'd like.

Basically, I'd just like to keep from over complicating things and just focus on the heart of RWBY; big, flashy over the top action. :D

Wolfy

Also, was going to make this my theme....but naaaaah...:p

Florence

Hehe, I love that theme! Coco's one of my favorite characters, along with Nora and Yang xD

Just wish there was more of her.

brandon4fun

Florence