News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[PF] Rise of the Runelords - Recruitment Closed

Started by Re Z L, April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

*smiles and bows* 

Thank you, m'lady. 

Sorry I'm being grumpy, I'm really not feeling well this month. 

I've run into a lot of issues with evil party members, but the biggest one dates back to when I was the only one in my tabletop group to GM.  As a GM I play a whole lot of evil characters, and people who want to be both evil and PCs seemed to me to be trying to get out of giving me a chance to be a player.  *Sweat drop* 

It also bothered me that someone would come in, not only making a character with potentially conflicting goals to the rest of the party, but expecting Andy to change his character to fit. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RockSalt

See, the way I see it is this: the characters can be whatever alignment, the PLAYERS however, all have to be on the same page in terms of goals and what they want out of the game. If you get the player with the chaotic stupid barbarian that kills anything that opens its mouth, he's clearly not going to fit in with a good party, however, in a game revolving around cutthroat pirates or a party full of other chaotic killdie, it's not a big issue, and everyone can have fun.

It didn't look like to me that EroticFantasyAuthor actually asked anyone to change their characters. She seemed more intent on making her character intelligent enough to work around the paladin, rather than asking the paladin to change. Other people expressed concern about it however.

If there's a falling out between the evil character and the rest of the party, there's always the option to have the evil character break off and potentially become a villain (tasty drama!) and fill in the party with a new character if it really becomes an issue. If all the players are working together OOC, I think they should be able to figure out how to make things work *shrugs*

Lookit me talking way too much, hah.

ANYWAS, I'm currently stuck between a fetchling oracle and a fetchling rogue. We haven't had any rogues apped yet so I'm leaning towards that since we already have two divine characters up for application even though I like oracles a bit more in general hmmm... Any thoughts?

Muse

:)  I don't know much about fetchlings. 

My experience with pathfinder adventure paths is you get in a lot of trouble if the four classic roles aren't represented, so a rogue sounds great.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

EroticFantasyAuthor

I think I've pretty much decided on an Alchemist, hopefully will have the application/character post up sometime later today/tonight.

Aye, I wasn't asking or suggesting that anyone change their characters, just wanted to know if smart evil was allowed to keep options open. But the character I'm currently leaning the most towards is planned to be a neutral good gnome, but I may decide on a chaotic neutral elf instead.

Muse

:)  That sounds like a really awesome character, E.F.A. 

EroticFantasyAuthor

Callie Del Noire

The gnome..cause you can always go 'little man-big man' with Infusions and Mutagens.. :D

AndyZ

As a player, my only real concern is going against the team in a team game. I'm sure at least a few of you have had that game where nobody but the Rogue is getting loot and selling things that would have been extremely useful to everyone else.

Similar issues arise for pvp, though I've had to instigate such before when RP demanded, so that just tends to be a thing to keep very rare.

It was actually I who offered to change since if Aria catches people looting, raping and pillaging, she's going to try to take out the guilty party. However, that's just on keeping her from finding out
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Erich Norden

RockSalt

Application!

Solsiss
Male Fetcher Rogue
Role: Utility rogue with attention to skills, but sneak attack good for melee.
History: Sol doesn't remember his parents that well. He remembers that he was with them when he was little, and that they lived primarily in the Shadow plane like many fetchlings. However, the memories are fleeting and hazy, leaving mostly a feeling of unpleasantness in their wake. By far Solsiss has spent the majority of his life alone, on the streets of the human world and the material plane. He found himself on the streets of a large prosperous sea town, and scrapped and stole to survive. There was plenty in the prosperous little trade town, and once he learned how to steal he rarely went hungry. Restlessness and a drive for purpose lead him to steal and perfect his skills even when his stomach was full. He eventually became too known a quantity in the town, large though it was, Sol stuck out due to his inhuman appearance. Eventually he became too known an entity, and had to move on, hitting the road to seek greener pastures. He's been a bit of a vagabond and scoundrel ever since. A few times he's attempted to return to the shadow realm, but hasn't been able to shift like many of his brethren. Sol suspects he is not a full fetchling, that he has mingled human blood somehow, but without knowing the whereabouts of his family or how he was separated from them means he's mostly abandoned the effort to live out his life on the edge of the law.
Personality: Sol is quiet, he always seems to be blending into the background, staying out of social interactions, right up until he steps forward and people realize he's been watching the entire time and that those bright eyes have taken in a lot more than expected. He's sharp and cynical. Years of living on the street have left him with the belief that no one is truly pure on the inside. He's stared at the underbelly of peaceful towns and shining cities, and nothing is ever as perfect as it appears. This means his trust is rarely if ever earned. When he's not putting on his charm and silver tongue to get something he wants, he's usually good for sharp quips and sarcastic remarks. He doesn't respond very well to authority without sense or respect to back it up, and seems to enjoy playing devil's advocate in arguments for the sake of every side of the situation getting its voice. Sol is naturally a pessimist, but with a huge amount confidence in his own skills and an enjoyment for adrenaline rushes means it doesn't keep him from doing much. He's a lot more sensitive and deeper than he lets on, and if you somehow get him to trust and talk openly, he can be a very good conversational partner.
Appearance:(working on picture) Solsiss is sort, barely gracing 5'5", and thin. He looks quite a bit like a pushover, having the lithe frame of all fetchlings, but despite his frame, his smallness is a more than welcome coverup for his dangerous speed and competence. His stark white skin and tinted gray hair leaves him almost monochrome, drawing attention straight to his pupiless yellow-green eyes. Unlike many fetchlings he has a white sclera so his eyes are not a uniform color, and his lips, cheeks, and tips of his fingers are tinted with pink. His face is round and youthful, but worn slightly weariness and jittery awareness. He holds himself much like a cat, with an idle gracefulness that's ready to snap into dangerous action at any moment.

I'm working on the actual character sheet!

Re Z L

Added a list of current applicants to the first post so everyone can kind of see what's been submitted so far (they're also linked to the actual application) and to help keep my sanity when I go through them more in depth later on  ;D
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Is there an easy way to see which books are included in the SRD, or am I missing something obvious?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 26, 2013, 07:50:21 PM
Is there an easy way to see which books are included in the SRD, or am I missing something obvious?

The SRD gets a bit confusing as they had to change the names after they opened their ownline store to cover costs. I would say though it covers the Paizo Pathfinder line except for the golorian setting stuff (like Magnimar, city of Monuments for example)

We, Venture-Officers in the Pathfinder society, have tried to edge folks from using it as their sole source.. BUT it does a very good job of covering the game.. The PRD @ Paizo is another good source.. but the interface isn't as nice.. but DOES do a much better job of breaking things down by books and citing the source for information.

That being said the SRD usually has a source citation somewhere on the page.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Am I pretty much covered just using the official main Pathfinder books?

Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Books, Race Guide, etc.

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 26, 2013, 10:07:12 PM
Am I pretty much covered just using the official main Pathfinder books?

Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Books, Race Guide, etc.

Yup, that'll be fine
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Alrighty, that makes things much easier, thank you.

Erich Norden

The PFSRD has just about everything from every Paizo book (mechanics-wise), and there's usually a small citation block at the bottom of pages.  I use it almost exclusively.

AndyZ

I have a question.  Throwing shields list that you can throw them as a standard action.  Is that right?

I'm trying to figure out if there's decent ways to have Lay on Hands or cast spells without losing too much time with a heavy shield.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Anon315

Quote from: AndyZ on April 27, 2013, 09:27:17 AM
I have a question.  Throwing shields list that you can throw them as a standard action.  Is that right?

I'm trying to figure out if there's decent ways to have Lay on Hands or cast spells without losing too much time with a heavy shield.

Dropping a held item has always been a free action, iirc.

RockSalt

Bucklers also leave your hands free, but obviously are a much lighter on the AC bonus.

RubySlippers

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: AndyZ on April 27, 2013, 09:27:17 AM

The only thing I can really think to suggest at the moment is not to mix and match them as much as possible. Basically only worry about "killing" during combat(unless someone needs an emergency Lay-On-Hands or Healing Spell), and heal after the combat is over. Combat begins, Kill-Mode On; Combat Over, Heal-Mode On. Heh

Only other thing I can suggest is searching for a Paladin Handbook/Guide.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 27, 2013, 03:33:57 PM
The only thing I can really think to suggest at the moment is not to mix and match them as much as possible. Basically only worry about "killing" during combat(unless someone needs an emergency Lay-On-Hands or Healing Spell), and heal after the combat is over. Combat begins, Kill-Mode On; Combat Over, Heal-Mode On. Heh

Only other thing I can suggest is searching for a Paladin Handbook/Guide.

Faiths of Purity.. Knights of the Inner Sea.. Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic..the upcoming Ultimate Campaign book.. all good for palidin building. My experiences in pathfinder organized play.. 20 points is a wee bit low for building a good all around Paladin.. so.. pick and chooice your options.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 28, 2013, 12:20:09 AM
So....okay to go 1gp over average?  ;D

How did you even spend all of that gold  O_o

I guess I won't mind 1gp too much, but you'll probably be able to buy some stuff after the game starts  ;D

Addendum:

So far I have an application from everyone that's expressed interest except for Tydorei and EroticFantasyAuthor
A&A