[ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC

Started by Moraline, September 03, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainyHigh

Ok thanks I didn't know what side to set it to.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Moraline

After my post...

We'll continue with the current posting order of:  Jin, Al, Neela

@ Jin - Roll dice 1-100

1-50 - Your attacker's moves are so fast that it's clear you should just drop your shield and give up. You might as well just give up or die.

51-100 - You notice that it moves like you do. It is precise and almost seems to mimic you. If you choose not to brace for impact it won't strike. If you pull back it pulls back and observes you.

@ Al - If you listen to her, or when you listen to her...

Roll Dice 1-100

1-10  - You are able to lock eyes right away and with total confidence you are able to stare him down!
11-50 - As you lock eyes, a shimmering ghost like mask forms in front of your face. Although you can not see it's visage the look in Gwyn ap Nudd's eyes says it all. He freezes, paralyzed with fear. The goblins eyes almost bulge out of it's head and the sword clatters to the floor.
51-90 - You just can't lock eyes with it. No matter how hard you try. There is so much resentment and rage towards that thing that you just want to bash it's skull in.  The mask appears before your face, frightening, ghostly, and from behind it, it almost looks like it's roaring with you - a reflection of your rage.
91-100 - You have total control over the Fear Mask. It will roar when you want it to, it will send a paralyzing wave of fear out over Gwyn ap Nudd. You have so much control that you can make the little Goblin dance like a puppet. It's weak little mind is completely under your control.

@ Neela - Roll Dice 1-100

1-30  - That thing that faces you has no control no matter how compelling it is.
31-50 - In your heart you know it can't be trusted. What it's asking you to do is wrong. You should blast it with a wave of light. At the very least that will blind it for a few moments.
51-75 - You can see it for what it is and you don't care. It's the heart of temptation and for a few moments maybe you'll just go along with it. After all this is probably just a dream. It would be easier to go along with it.
76-100 - It is the heart of temptation and it's words are poison. Demand that it back off, tell it to go away! In your heart you know that you have the power. Whatever you tell it to do, it will begin doing it.

Moraline

(( It's now past the initial scheduled time. I'm going to keep going until someone chooses to retire for the evening.

If we stop for the evening then we will just continue on with slower regular posting but in the same format as this. ))

Ixy

Hi... I wanted to apologize for getting called away and losing my ability to interact.  Will catch up on the events and, hopefully, this won't happen again.

TheHangedOne

Welcome back, Ixy.

Moraline, I'll be up for a few more hours, but if anybody else is tired--including you!-- no worries.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

LOL's at dice roll. I'll have my post up soon.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 07, 2013, 10:17:29 PM
Hi... I wanted to apologize for getting called away and losing my ability to interact.  Will catch up on the events and, hopefully, this won't happen again.
No problem at all. Life happens.

I can always find a way to work around it. I'll get something up tomorrow to get your character going again with the scene. We'll post with the same method as tonight but just on a slower pace.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 10:18:53 PM
Moraline, I'll be up for a few more hours, but if anybody else is tired--including you!-- no worries.
I'll be up for a bit longer but I am definitely slowing down so I suspect I'll be crashing in the next hour or two.

Moraline

After my post...

@ Jin - Roll Dice 1-100

1-33 - You could keep cowering in fear, like a failure. Or you could will that shield back into existence and stand up to help your friends. It's up to you, the descions entirelly rests on your shoulders. Will you be strong, or will you break under pressure.
34-66 - The shield just rematerilizes on your arm again. Even if you want to quit, you can't. Look around you. Maybe this is a dream, maybe it's real. It needs to be figured out - studied. You can't do that on the ground crying.
67-100  - Stand up and face it. Don't back down. You are as strong as you need to be. Bring up the shield again and look that thing in the... um... eyes?

@ Al - This is all you now. That Fear Mask from my previous OOC post is yours to control. Gwynn ad Nubb's power is fear and he gave it to you. All you have to do is seize control of it and it's yours. Gwynn ad Nubb will dance for you and his control of that twisted Goblin vessel will be yours. The aspect of Gwynn ad Nubb will vanish and you will feel it's presence inside of you like something you can call at will to appear.

@ Neela - Your mastery is astounding. In a moment you have gained excellent control over your light and the presence to push your suggestions onto another. The power of suggestion should be the incubus's but you have stolen it outright and it feels like it was always yours to begin with. Maybe it was him that stole it from you. Stole it from you and swindled you out of what was rightfully yours.  The aspect of the incubus is yours to take. Take away all his power through your will. The incubus will vanish and you will feel it's presence inside of you like somthing that you can call at will to appear before you.

(( PS: HOLY ROLLS BATMAN!!! 100! You win the interwebs! HAHA.. That should have been way harder for you but you just owned him. ))

TheHangedOne

Posted. And I just want to say (hopefully without seeming like too much of a kiss-ass), I am having an immense amount of fun  with this game. Moreso than I typically have with games.

I hope everybody else is, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 11:36:39 PM
Posted. And I just want to say (hopefully without seeming like too much of a kiss-ass), I am having an immense amount of fun  with this game. Moreso than I typically have with games.

I hope everybody else is, too.
Thank you and it's okay. My ass enjoys being kissed. HAHA

I can't wait until we get to Scenario 2! <insert evil laughter>

TheHangedOne

Hmm, really?  :-*

I'm looking forward to it.
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Moraline

I'll give Rainy a few more minutes before I call it a night. I was hoping to get one more set of posts up.

TheHangedOne

Sounds fair.

I'll likely be wandering off pretty soon, myself. I hope everybody has pleasant dreams.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

GM Notice:

I'm calling it a night.

There is a pause on posting until RainyHigh gets her post in from the last round.

Then I need to make another GM post for Jin, Al, and Neela to work with.

I'll be creating a new guided thread tomorrow for Robert and Maggie to play out there encounters.
After they get going we'll end up eventually merging the groups stories back into one another.

G'night my lovely steam muffins!

RainyHigh

Thank you for waiting for me. I took a nap and cursed when I realized how much time passed. Sorry folks.

I'll cook up a post in this late night that way in the morning there is something small to read. ^_^
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

After my post...

@ Jin - Roll Dice 1-100

1-33 - You can feel yourself getting stronger. It's just like a class. You can mimic movements, see it all happening on repeat in your mind. It's just a matter of studying the moves to see where it's weak, to see patterns. Pick it apart, piece by piece, one move at a time. Kind of like a game of chess! If/when you win, you can seize the power of that insectoid, banish it and take the aspect of it into you, make it something that you can summon forth out of thin air to do your bidding through force of will alone.

34-66 - More then just patterns and learning. OF course you can have a weapon too and you've seen all the movies, just do what you want to do and don't think about it. Defeat it, defeat your fear of failure. This is something that you can do. Make that thing bow before you, a part of you heard what was said to Al. You can do the same! Seize the aspect of that insect, make it your own! Make it something that you can summon forth out of thin air to do your bidding through force of will alone.

67-100 - It sounded so easy in your head, It seemed so logical. That's not how it went down. It was faster in every way, it was stronger, it anticipated every move! Why can't you do that?! Your only hope is that your friends join in!

@ Al - If you can open a hole in the air, I bet with a force of will you can close them too. PS: Staring into her eyes is a bit like a narcotic, there's euphoric subtle high that comes with it and lingers about afterwards for a few minutes to remind you that you could do it again.

@ Neela - Roll Dice 1-100

For no other reason then I want to make you roll dice! HAHA. Just joking. It's an awareness check.

1-75 - You had an absolute moment of clarity and in it you remembered Robert and Maggie. They'll be needing help probably and really soon.

76-100 - You collapse unconscious.

A quick explanation of Aspects...

Fae aspects are the form that creatures known as fae take when they come to our world. We all know them commonly as Incubus, Goblins, Fairies, Trolls, etc...

What you as arcanists have done or will do over the next couple posts is banish the fae back to where they came from but in the process destroy their connection to their "forms." 

Those forms were created with mystical energies and you in effect, absorb that mystical energy. This gives you control over the Fae Aspect and are able to summon it back into existence at will, or make it vanish again.

The aspect will no longer possess any intelligence beyond what you put into it. You in affect become dual minded where you are both present in yourself and present in the Fae Aspect form. So you can use it to fight or use it's powers to perform actions. If you wanted to, you could roam around seeing/hearing/feeling etc, everything that it does.

-- We'll discuss mystic abilities/powers as we go along. Remember to ask before performing an action. If you'd like to have a specific ability of some type then we'll talk about those too. --

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 08, 2013, 01:49:32 AM
Thank you for waiting for me. I took a nap and cursed when I realized how much time passed. Sorry folks.

I'll cook up a post in this late night that way in the morning there is something small to read. ^_^
No worries, it happens.

Good morning my lovelies!

TheHangedOne

Good morning, Moraline.

Oh my. Gotta say, this is taking yet another interesting turn. I can't wait for my turn.  8-) I might have to inject a bit of humor into the game, though. Had an idea in my head, too good to pass up.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

And, my post is up. If I'm making too many attempts in one post, let me know.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 08, 2013, 11:53:41 AM
And, my post is up. If I'm making too many attempts in one post, let me know.
Your post was fine. I'll let you know what happens with them later. I thought the part about "harshing your mellow" was hilarious.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Moraline on September 08, 2013, 12:40:02 PM
Your post was fine. I'll let you know what happens with them later. I thought the part about "harshing your mellow" was hilarious.
;D I couldn't resist a little comedy.  Hopefully, I get at least a chuckle out of everybody else, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Please continue posting (just waiting on RainyHigh) but... While we wait...

We should talk about when our next Scenario Night should be. How about?

Scenario 2 - Saturday 21rst, begins 4pm EST (and lasting many hours).

TheHangedOne

That works good for me, barring some sort of unforeseen incident.  I'll likely be able to go all the way 'til midnight, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on September 09, 2013, 02:24:09 PM
Please continue posting (just waiting on RainyHigh) but... While we wait...

We should talk about when our next Scenario Night should be. How about?

Scenario 2 - Saturday 21rst, begins 4pm EST (and lasting many hours).

Works for me.