The Bunker (Open)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, June 28, 2016, 05:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

When Anna Daniels won the lottery no one expected her to take the money and do what she did. They expected her to buy clothes, buy a house, buy a car, things people normally did when they won the lottery. Maybe even make a good investment or two. No, on the outside, Anna bought forty acres of land and had windmills placed statistically on it creating a wind farm. Below the wind farm though, that was where all the real money was spent. Beneath the wind farm Anna spent the remainder of her money building a fallout shelter. Using the wind farm to generate energy for it. That wasn’t all though, Anna had different rooms created, one of which was a green room for growing plants eventually. People have always called Anna off, because she really believed it could happen one day, she built her bunker anyway. Bought everything that she and ten other people would need to survive for two years.

When it happened though, Anna hadn’t been expecting it, no one had been. North Korea had teamed up with Russia and began creating a virus, unleashing it on multiple countries across the world. It was fast spreading and went from liquid to airborne in a matter of minutes. There was no telling how long it would last in the air, or what it did to people once it got in their bloodstream. The only thing that could be certain was that Anna had no intention of finding out what it did. Loading up in her SUV she began the four mile drive to the middle of her wind farm. Anna only had time to grab the few people she saw on the side of the road before the fallout reached the beginning of her wind farm.

So, this is a small group game that I’m looking to run. I’m only looking for three to five other players. My intention is for them to be different people who don’t know one another but that Anna ends up picking up along the way. They’ll stay in the bunker together for awhile until they decide that it’s safe. What the virus does is up for debate but I’ve got an idea I would like to roll with. I’m all for people making multiple characters if they’d like.

Rules and Requirements
Minimum of a post a week
Minimum of a two paragraph post
Follow all of Elliquiy’s rules of course.

Character Sheet
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] (A photo is welcome but not necessary )
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Specific Abilities:[/b] (Can sew, can cook, knows a bit about medicine, mechanics, etc)
[b]Other:[/b] (Includes any side notes or specific turn on’s/off’s you’d like to add
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

dale108

You haven't specified what the virus does, but will it's effects be known by the time Anna starts picking up people to take to her fallout shelter?  The reason I ask is most people won't seek shelter until they know what the danger is.  Otherwise, Anna could be seen as a chicken little telling them the sky is falling, even though it hasn't . . . . . . . yet.
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

AmbrosiaPudding

I haven't described the effects of the virus because it's something I would like to discuss with potential players,though it will be obvious when she starts picking people up.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

dale108

Well, mark me as "tentatively" interested.  But if you get more than your quota of "enthusiastic" volunteers, don't feel obligated to hold a slot for me.   :-)
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

TheDarkGoddess

I am very interested. Please let me know if this works, I am willing to make any necessary changes!

Name: Alias: Emily Frost | Real name: Elana Cassidy (Maiden name: Flynn)
Orientation: Bisexual
Personality: Silence is Emily's greatest weapon. She thinks before she speaks, and is careful never to reveal too much. Though very good at keeping her composure, when she is pushed too far, her natural instincts are to go straight for violence. She is cool under pressure, and there isn't much that shocks her or grosses her out. Loyalty is her code of honor, and there isn't much she wouldn't do for a friend.
Physical Description:
Emily
History: Being the only child of an Irish Mob shot-caller, Elana grew up differently than most. Loyalty and violence was the way. She played the role of perfect daughter; obeyed her parents, received good grades, had an impeccable reputation and even took interest in guns and fighting which her father encouraged. He taught his daughter to protect herself, no matter what.
   After graduating, Elana married her high school sweetheart, Ryan Cassidy, whose father was also a shot-caller for the Irish Mob. The honeymoon didn't last more than a few years for the newlyweds. Elana discovered that Ryan had been cheating on her starting well before they had been married, and was using mob business as an alibi, which is why it took her so long to discover. When she confronted him about it, he proceeded to beat her to a bloody pulp. When he was finished and thought she was knocked out, she dragged herself over to her purse, pulled her handgun out, and killed him with one shot. Her father used a personal connection with the FBI to help her flee Ireland and get set up with a new identity. She has lived on the run as Emily Frost for ten years, avoiding genuine relationships to lower her chance of being caught.
Specific Abilities: Emergency medicine is something Emily learned young. Due to the nature of the circumstances in which people got hurt in her world, medical attention was an in-house operation and one typically left to the women. Her mother was nurse and taught Emily all she knew. She is familiar with extensive first aid including how to administer stitches (her specialty), is familiar with medicines and dosages, and knows CPR. She is also decent with weapons and fighting.
Other: Nothing at the moment to add. I am very open creatively, communicate honestly with my RP partners, and believe in mutual respect and understanding

AmbrosiaPudding

No worries! It looks great, thanks for joining.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Chrystal

Count me in. I'll do a character sheet once I am home and have a stable Internet connection.

Given that it can take up to ten minutes to send a pm not including tapping it out on my phone,  right now, I hope you don't mind waiting for me.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

eiselmann

Sounds interesting

Character Sheet
Name: Simon Newhouse
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Simon's very laid back, it takes a lot of effort to get him angry. He's a hard worker and comes from a fairly conservative farming background.
Physical Description: Just on six foot tall slim , blue eyes his hair is dark brown
History: Simon was born in the small rural New Zealand town of Taumarunui where he has lived for most of his life. His family own an orchard , thou it also has a significant dairy and poultry herd. He's the second oldest brother of three and the second youngest of six children. Simon has worked on his family farm since he w  young boy. Since leaving high school he spent a year working full time on the farm, followed by a year of travel which would be followed by University before returning to work on the farm. That was the plan . He's been in the States for three weeks backpacking his way around the country having spent most of the last 9 months in Europe and Britain.
Specific Abilities: Simon's quite the handyman his childhood involved being self sufficient, making things work until proper repairs could be done. He's also an incredibly hard worker and is a lot stronger than he looks 
Other: WIP 
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0