2112 (Post-Apocalypse Roleplay) EX for adult themes

Started by GloomCookie, December 06, 2011, 10:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

December 21, 2012

Emergency lights were the only illumination flashing on the once bright and decorative signs of Times Square, smoke rising into the sky from numerous fires and letting ash fall like snow on the streets.  Water poured from ruptured water mains, soaking the firefighters and police officers rushing to the aid of trapped people.  The screams of panicked and terrified people filled the air.  The aftermath of the New Madrid earthquake had caused damage across the country, mostly in the eastern United States.  Seismic damage had also caused a massive explosion in Hawaii, destroying the islands and sending a tsunami that flooded every major city on the west coast.

Officer Gregory Thompson ran through the debris, carrying a little girl towards an ambulance.  The girl had been pulled from the rubble, but wasn't breathing.  Officer Thompson was hoping to get her to the ambulance before she became yet another body draped with a sheet on the ground.  The triage tents set up were filled with moaning patients and wailing loved ones.  It was impossible to manage such chaos, but the doctors were trying hard to save as many people as they could.  It reminded Gregory of that old show M.A.S.H., with doctors trying to perform surgery on numerous patients all at once.

Dropping the girl off, Gregory found himself drifting until someone thrust a bottle of water in his hand.  Thankful, he nodded to the man in a National Guard uniform, before taking a deep swig of the water that had never tasted so good.  Looking around at the devastation, he was sure that nothing would ever be the same again in this crazy world.  He finished off the water, handed the empty bottle back to the helpful man, and then ran to get back into the search for more survivors, hopeful that the little girl would make it to see tomorrow.  He never saw the body being draped on a sheet in the area they'd had to cordon off just for all the bodies.

Officer Thompson had one thing right... the world would never be the same again.

June, 2112
Present Day

Welcome to the ruins of New York City.  Much of the city was destroyed by the Great Shake, the massive set of earthquakes and seismic activity that shook the Earth 100 years ago.  95% of the population is gone, the few survivors banding together to try and survive.  Global warming's legacy let the world's oceans rise, with some cities forming dams to keep the water trapped.  The result is beautiful waterfalls that feed the lush greens that have grown up atop the ruins and formed rivers through the city.  Most travel is done by boat through the ruins, harvesting the old technology for anything useful.

The largest settlement is Intrepid City, formed up around the shelter of the USS Intrepid, which wound up inland.  The ship has settled on its side over the years, but its service for years as shelter made it the place for settlement to continue on.  But the Intrepid wasn't the only ship to become home to civilization.  The Omitri, a foreign freighter, washed up ontop of the ruins to become the home of a gang of bikers.  These bikers have learned of Intrepid City, and are planning to raid it and take everything they can, including women, and torching the rest.

Will Intrepid city fall to the modern barbarians?  Or will it survive, a beacon of hope in a lawless wasteland?

Character Sheets
[tt]Profile Image
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Useful Skills:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] (Intrepid, Raider, Neutral, Trader)
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Belisuavious

I am interested in being one of the Intrepids citizens. What ae you looking for in a character sheet?

GloomCookie

Quote from: Jecter on December 07, 2011, 12:00:00 AM
I am interested in being one of the Intrepids citizens. What ae you looking for in a character sheet?

I just added the character sheets.
My DeviantArt

TheHangedOne

Ooh. I think I prefer post-apocalyptic to future dystopia.

What's the tech level like for Intrepid citizens? For instance, would things like fire-arms and ballistic armor (improvised or salvaged and repaired) be readily available, uncommon, or rare? What about medical supplies?  Do they grow crops, or are they purely hunter-gatherers, or some hybrid? What's life like for the average citizen? How organized is it?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

GloomCookie

Life around the Intrepid has regressed, but not by much.  The Intrepid has been gutted of most useful equipment, and even some bulkheads have been hauled out and made into a makeshift wall with the Intrepid making up part of the wall with its bulk.  Atop the wall are stationed sentries with weapons cleaned and restored from the Intrepid's own armory, mostly M16s using 5.56mm rounds.  Raids of gunshops and trade with merchants have left them well stocked on both 5.56mm and the less powerful but more plentiful .223 rounds.  Most of the hunting parties who go out trying to find meat use the .223 rounds.  Their goals are to find some of the local critters to domesticate, but for now the lush wildlife that has kept their meat stocks high.  Most of the food comes from the crops being grown inside the walls.

Most people wear clothes from 100 years ago, maintained with scraps.  It's not uncommon to see military uniforms, suits, dresses, and assorted other clothes.  A few cars have been maintained, though they're only used in emergencies such as when supplies get critically short and they need to be reinforced from a settlement in the south.  Every few weeks or so, a convoy arrives made up of trucks salvaged from the wreckage carrying goods.  The computers aboard the Intrepid make a good trade, and so the merchants are often eager to trade ammunition.  Another major trade item is the whiskey made from the grown crops and the oil pressed from crops.  The oil is used as a fuel for diesel engines, which can burn almost anything, so traders often stop at the Intrepid to refuel before moving on to other posts.

The closest major settlement is Camp Dawson, a US Army base in West Virginia, which keeps the Intrepid supplied with ammunition in exchange for spare parts.  Camp Dawson is just one of several facilities in a chain forming what's left of the United States Military Command.  Resources are still scarce, but over time they've managed to form a network that keeps the other bases informed and a haven for rebuilding.  They've begun a project to build a road to Intrepid with gravel to make it easier to get in and out, especially during wet weather, but so far progress has been slow.  Negotiations are in the works to make the Intrepid part of Military Command and sending a detachment of soldiers to garrison the Intrepid.
My DeviantArt

Cosmo_ac

Ok, this has perked my curiosity.

First, are their going to be hot post-apocalyptic girls to have sex with?

Second, could my char be a freelance scavenger who survives on his know-how and what he makes off scavenging?

GloomCookie

1) Yes, all girls are required to be hot.  It's a law of post-apocalyptica. 

2) Yes you can be a scavenger, but I do ask that you keep things realistic.  Sure, you can harvest old buildings, but don't expect to be able to haul huge machines out.  You'll probably be getting stuff that the Intrepid herself can't make for herself.  I'd suggest you live in the Intrepid and just go out now and then to fetch supplies or hunt.  A team would work better, but if you want to work alone, you can.  Just... be careful ;) raiders like abducting people as slaves.
My DeviantArt

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on December 09, 2011, 09:36:42 PM
Second, could my char be a freelance scavenger who survives on his know-how and what he makes off scavenging?

That's a good concept.  He could find an old but serviceable guitar, take it back to his tribe to share its wonder, and then be scorned and cast out for daring to expose the people to something new and unplanned (thinking of the Rush album 2112).  ;D

Cosmo_ac

Alright, consider me very interested at this point.  I'll try and make up a char sheet in the near future.

kingmaster1

If your still accepting I would love to be a part, but do I PM the bio t you or post it?

GloomCookie

Yes, PM me with your character bio, and if I approve it, you can post it in the thread here :)
My DeviantArt