Lockdown - High School/Horror (Recruitment CLOSED!)

Started by Roen, March 20, 2014, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring.

My name is The Jackal and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Bruce Rowland

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
D/S: Virgin

Appearance:

He's 5'10" and prefers to wear comfortable clothes like t-shirts, jeans, and the occasional zip up hoodie.

Clique: Gamers (Geeks)

Favorite Subjects: Algebra (Math), PE, Art

Personality: To others Bruce comes off spacey and a bit fidgety, but when he has a clear objective his mind is sharp as a tack.  Bruce gets really good grades in the classes that keep his attention, but barely passing grades in the others...rumors around school says he's taking online classes from the community college.

Fears: Public Speaking, Spiders, Heights

Other/Background:  Bruce's parents got married right out of high school, and his birth came soon after.   After months of verbal abuse his mother had the sense to file for divorce before things got ugly.  From then on it was Bruce and his mother against the world, unfortunately they never settled down anywhere for more than a few years.  When Bruce transferred to this school his mother promised him that they wouldn't be moving anytime soon.  Bruce works at a restaurant most weekends to pay for his many interests, but still makes time for his friends; whether its hitting a late night movie, or just a good old fashioned card game.  Now that graduation is within sight Bruce finds himself seeming a little more laid back, but the bullies always pull him back to reality...its not over yet.

Lynnette

My name is ReaperDouble0 and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Miranda Williams

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
D/S: Switch

Appearance:

Clique: Popular group (Lead cheerleader)

Favorite Subjects: History (Pillow-lessons) P.E. (Allowed-To-Eat-More-Ice-cream-lessons) and social studies (All-Answers-are-correct-lessons)

Personality: Miranda would compare herself to a chess player. She sits there moving the pieces, instead of being a piece herself. She prefers to sit back and let others do her dirty work, and uses quick wit and her social antennas to get more and more pieces on her side of the board. She's self confident, intelligent, (Not Einstein 2.0, but not in any sense dumb) and love to use it for her own personal advantage.

On the outside however, she appears as a pretty kind and innocent girl hiding behind her strong boyfriend for protection, while in reality, she simply moves him where she wants him to be.

Fears: Being exposed, spiders, most elements from horror movies to some degree.

Other/Background: Her parents had a divorce when she was three and her mother got the parental rights. They remained alone for about four years before her mother remarried again with a rich man who also had a divorce a while ago and had a single son. (I don't want to reveal in more detail or further just yet, I'd rather let go of it during the RP)

Name: Samuel (Sam) Reese

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
D/S: Primarily sub with both genders, but could go a bit more dom with a female than male, where he'd never go dom. Has little experience with females and no experience with men.

Appearance:

As a demonstration against the trend of big muscular guys.

Clique: Inbetweener

Favorite Subjects: English, art and social studies

Personality: Sam is a lot more silent and withdrawn than his step-sister. he could probably easily have played on his sister's social status, but he simply left it be, not wanting "fake" friends or whatever one might call it. He normally strays away from people between classes and would normally be found somewhere reading or playing with his phone. Those that know him does know he's a good guy and all, and if not boyfriend material, he's most certainly a good and reliant friend.

Besides his social issues, he is very reliant and had by the age of 16 both paid for his drivers license, and with a little bit of support from his father, bought a rather new car, which quickly turned into the victim of his stepsister's party habits. It would probably be the only time he'd yell at her, but they do normally get along rather well, at least at home. Since they stray away from one another in public, no-one really know of how their relationship is and quickly assume that the split of social status has made them dislike one another, which of course isn't the truth, but neither bother to object.

Fears: Has a little social anxiousness, death, and falling victim to bullying.

Other/Background: Much like his stepsister, his parents had a divorce and him and his father lived alone for quite the while before he remarried. (Just like above, I'd rather wait it out till the RP starts and reveal more and more underway. If the GMs want more though, feel free to ask, and I'll finish it up)

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Lockepick

My name is Lockepick and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Jouichirou "Joey" Yamamoto

Sexual Orientation: Gay; Closeted, but the rumor is out there.
D/S: Virgin, but submissive in everything else in life.

Appearance:

Clique: Geeks/Nerds/Other Overachieving Asians.

Favorite Subjects: AP Calculus, World History, and AP Chemistry.

Personality: Joey learned early in school that his peers were not nearly as impressed by his academic achievements as his parents and teachers might be. He had little else to offer his peers, and his need to fit in usually ended in him bending to whatever whim his fellow students had. This was usually him doing their homework, covering for them when they broke rules, or being the target of teasing and bullying. The attention is bitter-sweet, and even though Joey almost asked for it, he has started growing unappreciative of the attention. Telling the other students to stop, or fighting back, has never dawned on him, so instead, he just tries to fade into the background and go without being noticed. When he does get somebody's attentions, he'll grin and bear it, playing along with whatever they're asking of him, even if it means demeaning himself.

Fears: Not living up to people's expectations.

Other/Background: Born to Japanese immigrants that put their child's success in front of his happiness. 'Joey' isn't his official name, but an 'Americanized' version of his name he's taken from a very young age. Only joins extracurricular activities that have merit on a college application: AV Club, Young Scientists, Honor Society, Robotics Club. This, combined with his excellent rapport with teachers, gives him access to many places in the school that might be off limits to other students.

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kokaine

Going to withdraw my interest. Best of luck to you all :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

DarkEnigma

kingmaster1

mj2002

I just wanted to get something cleared up. In my understanding, having a 'hardcore' character means the character is killable. What it doesn't mean is that it is an invitation for other characters (or the GMs even) to go ahead and kill that character whenever the opportunity arises. I am under the impression that this character ending up dead is not impossible, the player is not against this, but there has to be a reasonable pretext that would lead up to this. A character could act foolishly, walk into a trap, take more risks than is healthy, engage in violence (with violence being returned) or simply exposing themselves to grave physical harm.

I just want to make sure that this doesn't mean this;
Quote from: XenoLord on March 20, 2014, 06:39:12 PM
Question, and not trying to be a dick but... is Uber Hardcore the 'Oh god please kill this person NOW' category? :D
I immediately downgraded my character to hardcore after I read this reply, and the confirmation by one of the GMs.

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 20, 2014, 06:47:55 PM
Hmm... that would seem to be true XD

I was personally under the impression that uber hardcore simply meant that you would have one character, and if they were to die, that's it. I like that idea, but I don't like to have a character that's in the  'Oh god please kill this person NOW' category.

Can a GM clarify this?

azzmeister89

Hmm i wouldn't worry to much about that mj, i highly doubt anyone is going to attempt to start killing other characters off unless all players involved are ok with it. I think the kill me now list was just a joke

Xenolord

Yea, sorry about that. I meant it as a joke, and it didn't come off well. Sorry.

mj2002

Quote from: XenoLord on March 26, 2014, 07:07:10 AM
Yea, sorry about that. I meant it as a joke, and it didn't come off well. Sorry.
Don't worry. I don't mind jokes at all. I was just hoping to get the situation clarified so that everyone understands that is it a joke, if that's the case.

kingmaster1

Quote from: mj2002 on March 26, 2014, 08:52:19 AM
Don't worry. I don't mind jokes at all. I was just hoping to get the situation clarified so that everyone understands that is it a joke, if that's the case.

Yes, mj, it was a joke :-P

Roen

We might have to postpond the deadline for the character submission. In light of recent dropouts, we need more applicants, perhaps a jock or two, and some nerd boys/girls.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

elfguy

Quote from: Roen on March 28, 2014, 12:13:24 PM
We might have to postpond the deadline for the character submission. In light of recent dropouts, we need more applicants, perhaps a jock or two, and some nerd boys/girls.

I could rework mine into a nerdy girl, if we have too many of the other arch-types.
----

Thesunmaid

My name is [bThesunmaid[/b] and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Miranda Bailey

Sexual Orientation:pansexual
D/S:depends on her mood and if she likes the person

Appearance: *your picture and/or description here*

Clique: Sort of an in between could be seen as an art or music geek as well as high grades she makes some money on the side by tutoring but with all her body art and piercings she does not look like a typical geek

Favourite Subjects:Music,Metal shop and Art

Personality: Is a straight A student but does not go in for extracurricular activities much.She moved here about a year ago and lives with her drunk of an aunt since her parents who had been sort of free spirits and allowed their daughters expression such as tattooing and piercings.Her parents died in a house fire.She was the only one to make it out of the fire so here she is stuck in I am going to die high. She learned her love of music as a young child and knows how to play the piano and violin as well as recently they took up the drums.She does not really talk to anyone although she does sometimes play with a band called the psychotic dolls as they sneak her into the bars so she could play all the other band members being in their mid 20's.Most doe not believe that she also loves classical music.She has no problem pointing out when someone is being stupid but she tends to stick to the background unless she needs to speak up in times of stress.She also is working part time at a local tattoo shop called Pins and needles their motto is"Your pain is our pleasure. She is learning to become a tattoo artist and body piercer. She currently has her belly button both nipples both ears 3 times and her nose and tongue.One of her only friends is Tristyn Phoenix where they started their unlikely friendship through teachers trying to get the new students to be social by sticking the two of them together and went from there. She sees him as a sort of adorable kicked puppy type.She needed some one to talk to and he was a good listener so it worked. She has a current crush on him not that she will tell him unless she has to.

Fears:she is afraid of enclosed spaces and fire because of the house fire she went through when she was 15 and was trapped until the fireman pulled out passed out from smoke inhalation

Other/Background: She actually has a fairly high tolerance for pain considering she has so many tattoos and piercings done.as well as she has designed almost all of her tattoos except for one that she had a hard time with since she tried to do it herself and had to have it covered up which is where she met Jesse and Alex the owners of the tattoo shop.

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Thesunmaid

so will the prom be ending in someone getting a bucket of pigs blood and her setting the gym on fire? lol
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

kingmaster1

mj2002

I'm withdrawing my application. I'm taking on too many stories as it is, and I want to give others a chance to participate here.

AribethAmkiir

I'm sorry, but I'm going to withdraw, as well.

It's just been too long a wait.

Thesunmaid

King Serperior

Quote from: thesunmaid on March 31, 2014, 06:43:36 AM
uhh so how many more players do we need now?
Dunno, but I'm sticking with it.  I think I'll change my character to hardcore mode.......I dunno yet.  I'll decide in a couple of days.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Xenolord

Chreestafer

Im still in also and I can adjust my character to be a sort of jock.  And anyone who wishes to work out a history together feel free to pm me :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lockepick

I'm still interested, just waiting to hear back on the final call!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lynnette

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread