News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Thoughts for the Day

Started by The Overlord, May 20, 2008, 07:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

Two things that occur to me-

All business names that start with 'Mister' or end with 'City' are just plain fucking stupid, and never sound good. They're always like the K-Mart version of whatever business they're in.

Saw a commercial for something tonight called Mister Electric, and then I thought of Circuit City, and the latter is most certainly a hack electronics store. It's a joke that they manage to remain open.

If the Village People had come out now instead of the Seventies, with our modern era of political correctness, odds are good the Indian wouldn't be part of the band.

...but you can be damn sure he'd be replaced by a pirate.

Sabby

And police officer would have to grow a NYPD style mustache ^^ It comes with the uniform.

The Overlord

True...Men of Action must have a mustache. Only the rookies start out clean shaven, but they grow into the job. It's a weird thing.

ShrowdedPoet

And the pirate MUST look like Jack Sparrow!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Sabby

Because all pirates took such care of their effiminate beauty.

The Overlord

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 21, 2008, 11:24:54 AM
And the pirate MUST look like Jack Sparrow!

Well of course, this is a given. While pirate movies and Hollywood have never been strangers, Johnny Depp single-handedly launched the revised pirate craze with that role. Credit where credit is due.

ShrowdedPoet

I'm gonna dress up like a pirate whench!  ARGH!
Ons and Offs

The Overlord

I'm thinking about something piratey (is that a legitimate adjective?) for Dragoncon this Labor Day. I was considering it with a lightsaber instead of a cutlass, hell last year somebody else thought it was a cool plan apparently. Perhaps a pirate Jedi.... 8)

The Overlord

And my thought for tonight? I am SICK of these commercials...when are they going to bury them forever?  >:(

http://www.splendad.com/ads/show/1834-FreeCreditReport-com-Pirate-Song

They say a man should always dress for the job he wants,
So why am I still dressed up like a loser pirate in this restaurant?
These people out in TV land are tired of my song,
And want to shove my guitar right my whiny ass,
I really should shut up right now before they track me down,
and put a fucking bullet right between my eyes...  ::)

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

The Overlord

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 23, 2008, 09:43:46 AM
. . .didn't quite rhyme

Nope, but it came up in the last 20 minutes before I logged to turn in, and it's not so much about eloquence as it is my disdain for those adds. Feel free to revise it.  ;D

The Overlord

Thought for the day: I'm reasonably certain that D. B. Cooper and Kevin Spacey are the same guy. It fits right in with the brilliant notion of hiding in plain sight.

The Overlord

Two thoughts for today-

If no recyclable plastic containers I bought can be turned in past #2, how the hell do I keep buying packaging with 6 or 7?  >:(

Nearly all classical orchestras are cover bands.

Inkidu

My two thoughts for today.

Well linguists say the most appealing if not beautiful words in the English language (Ugly sounding language it is.) is cellar door. Yes, cellar door. It is used in remarkably a lot of companies names. There is a Cellar Door Productions.

If the polar icecaps melted it would only raise the global water level maybe a half foot to a foot (but that's pushing it.) Despite what environmentalists say the laws of physics still apply and, as thus, so does buoyancy. If the polar icecaps completely melted it would have the same effect as ice cubes melting in a full glass of water. The ice cubes are displacing  the water, so are the icecaps. Sorry no Waterworld
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

Did someone say effeminate pirate beauty?

*drools*