Looking for an offbeat 1 - on -1.

Started by ZK, November 29, 2005, 02:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Basically, as it states. Something that doesn't seem to quite fit in here, but is perfectly allowed by the rules. As for my partner. I do not care as to what gender the player and/or the character is.

As for the sexual level. I want it balanced out with actual storyline and such. If I wanted pure sex, I'd stick with simple cybering.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Akioth

Offbeat Oo perhaps you might flush that out a little *Laughs*
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Jeramiahh

I might be interested. *grins* Details?
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

ZK

Off-beat as in hermaphrodites, science fiction merged with religion references. Alternate histories, et cetera. Something unusual and far from the norm of the basics I've seen here.

Those are all examples, not precisely what I want all together in the game. o.o

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ZK

As for another thing, for something of a horror element. I'd like to add something along the lines of the Cthulhu Mythos and whatnaught. You know that offbeat flavor of horror.

Amberghylles

Hmm... I must say, I like horror, hermaphrodites, and alternate histories...

And Cthulhu means wierd critters.

Perhaps something involving a dimensional shifter or some such... (I'm thinking something like the resonator from 'From Beyond')  Maybe in conjunction with time travel?  Leaving our heroine in the wrong place/time trying to deal with things that shouldn't be there and maybe getting back home?

I don't know, just ideas off the top of my head.  But I do like to be offbeat when I can.

Jeramiahh

Sounds interesting! I'd be interested in playing, definately... everything except the hermaphrodites... a little strange, even for me. But everything else sounds interesting. I'd love to see it in action.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

ZK

I'm not much for playing a character in peril on the sexual front. As for actual horror and survival. I enjoy it.

Amberghylles

There are alot of possibilites... I mean, how wierd and strange must everything we take for normal be to something from beyond the pale?  And Lovecraftian horrors generally don't put those tenticles to _that_ sort of use anyway. 

ZK

Aside from Shub-Niggurath. He/She/It uses it's tentacles to impregnate women and steal the seed of men for it's Dark Young. >.> Gotta love amorphous tentacle "Gods".

If you're probably wondering. I love these type of settings...call me one disturbed puppy and you might be right. ^_^

Amberghylles

Mmm....  I do love amorphous tenticle beings.

So, would you prefer a character that knows why everything's gone wrong, or someone just caught up in the horror?

ZK

I'd prefer to be the person -not- in peril. ^_^

Celestial Goblin

I have a little idea, a completely straight person could have his gender switched
or 'supplemented' against it's will and have adventures trying to get back or just
adapt.

The famous girdle of sex changing of D&D...

Nyarlathotep(sp?) cursing a young pharaoh by turning him into a woman(pretty),
not only will he not be able to inherit the throne, but he'll have to dress in woman clothes!
Pharaohs married their sisters... Brother, why are you looking at me like that?

Disturbed.

ZK

Interesting concept. But I want it to be past (but still concidered modern 1920-2005) in timeline. If it involves Lovecraftian creatures, Elder Gods and such. I want Detectives. ^_^

Nyarlathotep. That's the correct spelling. You get a gold star. ^_^

Celestial Goblin

Sounds like the Chtulhu comic i've read lately, with a team of heroes facing the fungi from Yuggoth.
Perhaps, we could have my handsome investigator infiltrate a cult, then they'll
use gender-changing magic on him, effectively taking his identity away.
All his documents pointing to a man, she is at the mercy of the cult.
I knew i was trying to save innocent women from being tentacled, but in my darkest dreams i didn't thought i myself...

ZK

Who said anything about tentacles being in the story? O.o

But that is a nice concept for a story.

Celestial Goblin

My... dirty... mind...
Never mind them, just think up some nifty restraints and let's have fun.
Do you have any particular requirements for the history and personality of my investigator?
Would a carefree traveler from a family of archelogists be okay?

ZK

Didn't even say anything about bondage either. Just, things on itself is rather a concept at the moment.

Celestial Goblin

Sure, sure, just giving ideas.
Anyway i'll gladly take part in a game when you plan it.

ZK

Heh, I could do it more on a freebase RP if more then one person is interested in a Cthulhu game. I know a lot of people won't have any d20 Cthulhu game material. So, eh, it'd be freeform. ^_^

Lilian

I'm _very_ interested in a game like this..  count me in!  Y'know I'm yours ta use. >.>

rachel

Hi all would be intrested in a  cthulhu myth game,intrigued to see what rpg could come from useing the works of h p lovecraft.

ZK

Well, not using his works. But in his universe. I do not care to use his exact works since it'd all be strictly linear and well, we'd end up simply re-writing what he wrote. >.<

But as for the Cthulhu Mythos. Yep. ^^ I just need a few more people willing to play such a game.

Amberghylles

I'd be in. <grin>  Never met a tenticle I didn't like...

rachel

Useing lovecraft universe as a starting point would give a multitude of possibilities,at the mountains of madness to the reanimator(the film) or it could be based in the mikatonic university you could even mix and match the evil dead useing the necronomicon  to tie the two together.