News:

Main Menu

Segways

Started by LongN4, October 01, 2010, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongN4

So the creator of the Segway, you know those little scooters that "do the walking" for you, died riding a segway

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-09-27/segway-owner-s-death-adds-to-company-s-safety-image-challenges.html

Oh, sweet irony
"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

Qt

Yeah, it was kind of sad. Though I have to say that is a very glorious way to die. Lol

Avis habilis

How in the world do you manage to drive a vehicle that tops out at 12 mph over a precipice & not have time to jump off?  ???

Inkidu

Quote from: Avis habilis on October 05, 2010, 10:32:48 AM
How in the world do you manage to drive a vehicle that tops out at 12 mph over a precipice & not have time to jump off?  ???
Makes you wonder don't it? I bet he was segwaying while under the influence! Maybe he was testing out a segway safety belt. Obviously, a bad idea.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Inkidu

Quote from: The Golden Touch on October 05, 2010, 04:43:40 PM
Segways... ><;;

You fools! You damn fools! You've handed us over to the zombies! *Runs screaming into a wall*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paradox

Just as an aside, he wasn't the creator. He just owned the company. The guy who actually created the Segway is in Africa inventing an affordable filtration system so dirty poor villages can have clean drinking water.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on October 05, 2010, 05:32:00 PM
Just as an aside, he wasn't the creator. He just owned the company. The guy who actually created the Segway is in Africa inventing an affordable filtration system so dirty poor villages can have clean drinking water.
I'm sure the zombies will take that and use it too. (In actuality that's pretty damn decent of the guy... seeing as there's not a high need for segways... well anywhere but especially not in the more rural parts of Africa.)

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 05, 2010, 05:38:00 PM
I'm sure the zombies will take that and use it too. (In actuality that's pretty damn decent of the guy... seeing as there's not a high need for segways... well anywhere but especially not in the more rural parts of Africa.)

Yes...it will filter the water....with Zombie Virus! o3o

mindylynx

I luv the idea of the Segways, but I wonder why they are still over 5 grand. I think that's what they cost when they came out 6 years ago.:(
MindyLynx
Adult Musings
Keep it real, in a fantasy sort of way.

Inkidu

Quote from: mindylynx on October 06, 2010, 08:45:15 AM
I luv the idea of the Segways, but I wonder why they are still over 5 grand. I think that's what they cost when they came out 6 years ago.:(
I don't get it either I've seen high-end scooters go for less but the segway is still expensive and it doesn't even have a cup holder! D:

Sabby

And possibly cooler...

Yeah, it's what it looks like. Mother... fucking... ferrari.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Avis habilis on October 05, 2010, 10:32:48 AM

Um, it is because he committed suicide...

That is what I heard happened.  It actually sounds rather tragic.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Paradox

I don't think it was a suicide; nowhere has that actually been released as news that I can find aside from a bit of conjecture and people ranting the comments sections of articles about how he must have killed himself after realizing how badly his product sucks.

Speaking of which, that picture of guys with guns on segways isn't very cool. Squishing your legs together like you have to pee while holding a terribly tiny gun isn't very intimidating  :P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Vekseid

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on October 27, 2010, 09:00:09 AM
Um, it is because he committed suicide...

That is what I heard happened.  It actually sounds rather tragic.

He accidentally backed off the edge of the cliff to let someone pass him.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Paradox on October 28, 2010, 09:42:50 AM
I don't think it was a suicide; nowhere has that actually been released as news that I can find aside from a bit of conjecture and people ranting the comments sections of articles about how he must have killed himself after realizing how badly his product sucks.

I think it was more under the speculation of his death considering it was shrouded in mystery and nobody really knew what actually happened, so an answer of a suicide seemed like a logical choice.  But, as I mentioned, that is just what I heard as rumors...

Quote from: Vekseid on October 28, 2010, 01:13:36 PM
He accidentally backed off the edge of the cliff to let someone pass him.

And if that appears to be true, then my speculation was completely off based.  And the situation appears even more tragic considering he was just doing something nice for somebody else...
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus