Onsite IRC question.

Started by Oniya, November 02, 2010, 09:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

So, I've been hanging out in the IRC this month, and I'm noticing some strange behavior. 

First off, sometimes when I sign in, everything seems to go fine, it says my password is recognized, but the 'Who's Online' box never populates.  If I close out of IRC and come back a bit later, it proceeds normally.

The other thing, and the one I'm more curious about, is a message that comes up sporadically, and with no apparent action on my part, or anyone else's.  I can confirm that because this morning it came up shortly after I went into the Elliquiy WriMo channel:

Quote9:38        ** You now talk in #ElliWriMo. **
9:38        ** nomad.sorcery.net set the channel to mode +nt **
9:56        ** This command could not be completed because it has been used recently, and is rate-limited. **
11:04        ** This command could not be completed because it has been used recently, and is rate-limited. **

There's a good 18 minutes there where I wasn't even typing on my computer, and there was no one else in the channel, and then the red message came up.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blitzy

I had the exact same error message thing happen last night, Oniya. It annoyed me, as it kept filling my chat box, so much so that I just logged out of the IRC.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Oniya

It happens at varying rates, I've noticed.  I don't find it annoying, other than it's a phenomenon without explanation - which in itself pokes at my brainmeats.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Blitzy

It was annoying to me last night because it was every 1-2 minutes it would pop up. Even when I wasn't doing anything. So I came back from an AFK to see the red error message filling my screen.

Oniya

It just hit me once each minute from 19:48 until 20:14.  I've bailed out, and I'm going back in to see if that solves the problem in any way.

Vekseid

Erf.

You're using the webchat rather than mIRC?

Blitzy

Using the one that's through the site, yeah. At least I am.

Oniya

That's right.

EDIT:  This is what I see regarding the first incident I reported.  Usually, if I exit that tab and come back in a bit later, it fixes itself, but today it didn't (tried once around 9-10, as well as just now.)