Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Eden on January 05, 2012, 01:40:21 AM
Well, I fixed it! Saerra may now think it is also Njall, but I will not claim responsibility for that unless evidence is found

Mmmmm *unpouts a little*  I'll sooo still blame you if Saerra thinks his name is Njall!! Also, my PM's to may or may not be jumbled and incoherent, I apologize here, if that's the case.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

CurvyKitten

I have two different idea's and wanted to see if anyone wanted any ties with one of them while I work out some kinks in the other one.

The second idea I had was for a girl that could be considered a pure blood, but is actually a blood traitor. Due to her fathers choice to walk away form the family the refused to help his dieing wife, because she had mixed heritage. Her father knew so did they and with the loss of the woman he loved wanted to change what their family was about. So they both even with the strong family name (still working up a tree) have stood apart from them. She may or may not have siblings have yet to decide that, but she probably has family at the school. And the probably don't like her very much.

She will be a second or third year I think, working with dragons and magical animals. And being a Quidditch player because she simply loves the game and even more so LOVES to fly. I also wanted to see about having her on the Legilimency path. She see's it as a way to better help the creatures she wants to work with.

Does anyone want to be family? Possibly the "pure blood" family that her and her father turned away from.

kasper

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 05, 2012, 01:44:34 AM
I have two different idea's and wanted to see if anyone wanted any ties with one of them while I work out some kinks in the other one.

What was the first idea?

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

CurvyKitten

Mina was born to her father Oliver  (last name still in the works but something that reflects her heritage preferably. And parents names may change depending on working out a link with someone.) and her mother Jessica and an older brother Mathew (want to see if someone wants to play him so name may change.) She was born a half blood , but her family and friends of the family have no problem with her or brother. though not all of magical society can say the same, she grew up being made fun of. but in truth she didn't care, her family loved her and that's what matters. So despite some being prejudice against her, she grew up being a happy fun loving trusting girl. Her mother and father encouraged her, and her brother always stuck up for her. "No one calls you names but me...mutt, swear one of these days your gonna get me into real trouble." after chasing off some punk kids making fun of her.

She is actually kind of innocent and trusting, always wanting to see the good in people. So she ends up getting taken advantage of, or falling for lairs a lot. Something that drives her brother nuts.

Because of her upbringing, Mina LOVES the outdoors and working on plants and with animals. She also loves history and wants to be a strong spell caster to help her brother out when he goes to be in the Ministry of Magic just like their father.She wants to help protect and help people even if it's not on the front line of things.

Despite her naive nature when it comes to people her studies are far from below average. She may seem the dumb blond but in truth she knows her stuff. She just doesn't flaunt it, nor does she judge anyone by their standing or family blood. She doesn't care if your rich or poor, if your good to her then she will be good to you. If your a big meanie well she'll just keep being nice to you and hope you come around, turn the other cheek so to speak.

I was thinking her father could be in the ministry of magic, either something like Magical Law Enforcement Squad or something to do with dealing with dangerous magical creatures.

Her mother is someone whom works with and specializes in magical items and artifacts, history and so forth. Something like a magical archeologist. And I was thinking from that Mina has something like a bag of holding that has been past down through the family. Beyond what she has put in there, who knows what can be in there (a bit of GM fun can be had hehe))

Her brother has already been going to Hogworts's. Again I'd love to get someone to play him if not NPC  can work too.

I also wanted to see about having a descent start on the Animagus track, excelling with Transfiguration. Doing better then her brother on the OWLs mainly because he helped her study, achieving and O on them.

Again still working out and talking over the concept with Aiden and Kendra so a few things may change on this one. And niether concept has been approved so things may or may not change or be competently taken out as some things are still up to GM approval.She is a newbie of course. ANd looking for ties friends or family!

kasper

Well it wouldn't work with Tebastian really so I'm not much help to you. Good luck, though.

CurvyKitten

It's all cool it's always fun to just put things up there and get input or ideas. Since I'm still working on learning about this particular setting. And it's always fun to make ties of some sort. Thanks for considering it though Hun.

Haibane

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on January 04, 2012, 09:46:39 PM
One thing I do see some people forgetting is putting the year they want there character to be under the house section of the character sheet.
I assumed the 'house' section is for Gryffyndor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw so isn't relevant (yet) for most people. The year people are in is decided by their age/date of birth.

EDIT: Niferbelle and I have agreed that Vivi and Minty became good friends at the Ministry Junior Academy (has it a formal name?), so I have two questions:

Anyone else want to know either of the girls or be friends and

Should we include notes of these pre-game friendships in our character bios (seeing as all the kids went to the same school that might be likely I'm thinking.)

Amelita

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 05, 2012, 12:57:42 AM
Psh, Niall will be a bachelor for a while, but if you want to make Kris crush on him, than go for it!  Hell, it'll prolly make her some kind of masochist, considering he's a jerk wad supreme lol.

lol not quite what I had in mind. I'll PM you lovey.

Quote from: Haibane on January 05, 2012, 03:58:22 AM
I assumed the 'house' section is for Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw so isn't relevant (yet) for most people. The year people are in is decided by their age/date of birth.

Aiden or Kendra asked for us to list the Year the characters would start at in the house section to avoid any confusion since some kids are born late in the year, others early so Year wouldn't always be a given.
(I'm too lazy atm to go browse through the thread to find the comment, sorry >.> )

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kendra

morning everyone

• just want to start by saying thank you so much for re-editing your images.
    real life with work and what not is pretty much still kicking me in the butt so any little help like that is greatly appreciated.

• I've read through some of the character sheets that have been posted since I was on last night and have to say, wow ... thank you all so much for the depth and awesomeness that you have put in. As Aiden said please feel free to add to your characters history and personalities as much as you want and can. Your characters are all going to grow and change over time and you're of course allowed to incorporate all of this into your character sheets.

• We will be organising a relationship thread shortly for you all to list friendships, rivalries and other relationships.

• For those who are running at a slower pace - myself included - than every one else, please don't feel too overwhelmed. When the game starts we will do our best to modify it so posts don't get shot up and the entire game goes off at too fast a pace for every one to keep up. We want a good steady game, not too quick and not too slow ;) People are still pretty much recovering from the holidays and returning to work and finding that work and family life are still very hectic. We understand all of this and will make sure to accommodate every one as best we can. This again is a very good reason for the tagging system, so people don't have to read every single post that does not pertain to their character.

• We kept the name of the junior school pretty simple, it can be found in the game information page on the wiki but is ... Junior Wizarding Academy

• We asked after the character sheet was posted for people to include the 'year' they wanted their student to be in, as it got slightly confusing with sorting with some of the years that were given. We will edit it into the character sheet as soon as. The editing of the image was also a side note and again apologies for this.

Amelita

morning doll <3

-squeees in excitement at her owl-

I can't wait for this game to kick off!

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Kendra

Hiya hun *hugs* <3
*chuckles* hey it's Hogwarts - there have to be owls  ;D

some more students have been approved and sorted.
We will get through them all so please be patient again, I can't stress that enough.

TheHangedOne

Hello, Octopus!  :-) Mornin', Kendra, folks.

Curvy: Sounds like it'd be a fun idea, but Red's not a pure blood, so I can't help you out. Sorry.

Haibane:  Idea. Could my character have been a study partner with Vivi and Minty?  He's not really one for friends, he likes to keep people at arms length, so that's pretty much the only relationship I could see him starting off with, with anyone.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

CurvyKitten

I can always tweak the ideas a tad, I'm rather open when it comes to things if you have an idea that could be fun to work with. As long as it doesn't compromise the character, and if all else fails BG ties as friends are always welcome!

Kendra

Hiya THM, Curvy, Octopus and who ever I may have missed.

@ Michi - that department has been added. The Lexicon failed to put it on their sheet so I did miss it. Will go through the Ministry at a later date, when I've more time. There are other departments I'm sure to have excluded  ::)

**Any one who has ministry members in their family can maybe highlight them in their character sheet in a different color, so when I go back through the sheets later to include those members in the ministry listing they'll be easier to find. ;)

now I must get to work pronto  ::)

TheHangedOne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 05, 2012, 05:47:23 AM
I can always tweak the ideas a tad, I'm rather open when it comes to things if you have an idea that could be fun to work with. As long as it doesn't compromise the character, and if all else fails BG ties as friends are always welcome!
Well, like I said to Haibane, Red is very much a lone wolf type. However, it wouldn't be unheard of for him to have studied with others, in order to help them out with their classes, if they needed/wanted it.
Check out my poet tree!

Haibane

Quote from: Amelia on January 05, 2012, 05:02:45 AM
Aiden or Kendra asked for us to list the Year the characters would start at in the house section to avoid any confusion since some kids are born late in the year, others early so Year wouldn't always be a given.
Not wanting to cause any more confusion but there's no actual need for that at all. The date of the child's birthday automatically decides what school year they are in since Hogwarts follows the English education system (which I think is identical to the American system in this respect). Since the date of birth was one of the pieces of info on the sheet then the year the child is in is known.

If your characters 16th birthday lies between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012 then the character is aged 16 when term starts and they are 1st years. Some 1st years can thus turn 17 in the first few days of school, others may have only just turned 16 a week ago.

The problem occurs if someone gets the date of the birthday wrong for their intended year. I've seen at least one "1st year" student with a 16th birthday that puts them aged 17 when the term starts so that person would be a second year. There's no way around this in J.K.Rowlings education system so the date would need to be changed (put forward 1 year). I suspect it's not that player's intention to be a 2nd year and also hope/assume the GMs spot that.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2012, 05:42:46 AM
Haibane: Idea. Could my character have been a study partner with Vivi and Minty?  He's not really one for friends, he likes to keep people at arms length, so that's pretty much the only relationship I could see him starting off with, with anyone.
That's fine by me. Perhaps Redrick, being a smelly perverted boy might not have quite risen to the status of close fun friend but I'm fine with Minty knowing him well and generally being comfortable around him, since he seems a pretty decent kid.

In my junior and middle schools the girls and boys tended to avoid each other as I think most early teens do. Platonic friendships between the genders seemed rare in my classes and if they did become friends everyone assumed they were an item or whatever (you know how hormonally unbalanced teen minds work I'm sure). So I'm cool with Redrick knowing the girls quite well and vice versa but not being quite so close, though we could work on that as the school year progresses.

TheHangedOne

Haibane: Groovy.

And is it really odd for young kids of opposite genders to be friends? At the middle school I went to, that was just as common as same sex friendships.
Check out my poet tree!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2012, 05:59:03 AM
Well, like I said to Haibane, Red is very much a lone wolf type. However, it wouldn't be unheard of for him to have studied with others, in order to help them out with their classes, if they needed/wanted it.

I can see that, Mina(my first year) is very much trying to do her best when it comes to her studies. So if he was willing and she was having trouble with something she'd so ask for help. She'd think of him as a friend even if he didn't think of her as such.

Amelita

Quote from: Haibane on January 05, 2012, 06:02:13 AM
Not wanting to cause any more confusion but there's no actual need for that at all. The date of the child's birthday automatically decides what school year they are in since Hogwarts follows the English education system (which I think is identical to the American system in this respect). Since the date of birth was one of the pieces of info on the sheet then the year the child is in is known.

If your characters 16th birthday lies between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012 then the character is aged 16 when term starts and they are 1st years. Some 1st years can thus turn 17 in the first few days of school, others may have only just turned 16 a week ago.

The problem occurs if someone gets the date of the birthday wrong for their intended year. I've seen at least one "1st year" student with a 16th birthday that puts them aged 17 when the term starts so that person would be a second year. There's no way around this in J.K.Rowlings education system so the date would need to be changed (put forward 1 year). I suspect it's not that player's intention to be a 2nd year and also hope/assume the GMs spot that.

Or: Just do as the GM's say. In this case, list the intended year. Thanks for the extensive clarification though.

Kendra, I added two ministry spots earlier, will highlight them in the sheet. Neither is intended as an important position.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Father:
Björn Blackwood
Wizard. 48. Born in Norway
Current occupation:
ministry of magic, Dep. of
Magical Games & Sports

and

Grandmother:
Bridget Moxley
Witch. 63. Born in the UK
Current occupation:
Ministry of Magic, Dep. of
International Magical Coop.

Haibane

Quote from: Amelia on January 05, 2012, 06:30:37 AM
Or: Just do as the GM's say. In this case, list the intended year. Thanks for the extensive clarification though.
The problem with that is as I said, someone already has and others may end up with, a birthdate inconsistent with their Hogwarts year, so things need fixing ;)

You're welcome to the info, it should help others not fall into the same trap.

Niferbelle

THM: The more the merrier! You and I and Haibane can work out a little how the three interact, what they would know about each other, etc.

Flower

Quote from: Kendra on January 05, 2012, 05:04:23 AM
morning everyone

• I've read through some of the character sheets that have been posted since I was on last night and have to say, wow ... thank you all so much for the depth and awesomeness that you have put in. As Aiden said please feel free to add to your characters history and personalities as much as you want and can. Your characters are all going to grow and change over time and you're of course allowed to incorporate all of this into your character sheets.

Good Morning Kendra! The only thing I am going adding, for now, are professions for Leila's parents, working out the family tree, and adding some other miscellaneous information. :)

Josietta

Morning all... I hope to get a sheet in the works today. Stiiiilll reading and stuff.

Thank you for the patience with us turtles, Keke.

Next week should be easier as this project for work will be done.

On another note:  Today is Lunar's 1 yr E-nniversary! Feel free to drop in and wish him a good one!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

kasper

Hiya Hanged and hello Kendra.

Just a question but I've been sorted and won't be told my house until opening ceremony even though my character is a fifth year. I thought only new students are waiting until open ceremony to be told what house they are. Though my character, if accepted, would be a transfer student from Salem, Massachusetts, so would he have to be sorted at the opening ceremony?

Also I'll definitely be refining Tebastian's character skeleton.

Heddo Flower. :)

Flower

-pounces and hugs-

Morning, Octo  O:)