News:

Main Menu

favorite movie?

Started by Vaughan, November 07, 2010, 11:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaughan

What is your favorite movie?
Hard Target is my favorite movie.I love action movies so it is my hard favorite movie,,,!

HockeyGod

Hmmm...that's a tough one. Movies for me depend on my mood. They also often evoke memories. I own many movies from when I was a child that I don't often watch, but they bring back such good memories. I'll have to think on this one ;)

Jag

Anything with Alan Rickman.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Chriscadizzle

Hands-Down: Jackass 3D.

Easily the funniest, and therefore best, movie of my life. Ever. Best scene: Midget Bar-Fight.

Hemingway

I watch quite a few movies, so narrowing it down to just one favorite movie is impossible. I do have a few I consistently list as among my favorites, though.

Fight Club is one of those. I should probably mention Memento, too, now that I think about it.

Inglourious Basterds and Tropic Thunder are probably the funniest movies I've ever seen, so those deserve to be mentioned.

Sabby

Terminator 2, closely followed by Aliens. Film making perfection <3

AtlasEros

Fight Club
Legend
Labrynth
Conan
Rocky Horror Picture show (was in a theator cast for 3 years )
O/O

Drusilla

There is absolutely NO way to whittle this down to one, so I will give you my choices..

Ladyhawk
The Twilight Saga:  All of the so far (covers ears to better ignore groan from the masses)
Repo:  A Genetic Opera
The Replacemants
30 Days Of Night
Dawn Of The Dead (Re-make)
"It is easy to go down into Hell; night and day the gates of dark death stand wide; but to climb back up again, to retrace one's steps to open air, there lies the problem, the difficult task." - Virgil: The Aeneid

Bentley

ausyandy

My favourite movies are Harley Davidson And The Marlboro Man and The Blues Brothers.

delphine

I love so many movies it would be impossible to choose just one.  However, the first movie that comes to mind right now is Fallen Angels by Wong Kar Wai. 

It has in my opinion the best filmed ending in the history of cinema,  the monologue, the music, the cinematography, every part of it is perfection.  That scene is so astonishingly beautiful it makes me cry just thinking about it.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm... depends on my mood.

Akira
The Shawshank Redemption
Replacement Killers
Bladerunner (the monologue version)
Highlander (there was ONLY ONE!)
Near Dark (a vampire movie where they don't once say the 'V'-word!)
Payback
The Usual Suspects
Ocean's 11 (and sequels)

(What can I say... I'm a heist movie fan)

Chaosengine

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Big Trouble in Little China

Empire of the Sun

The Dark Knight

AtlasEros

O/O

Kimbersqk

One movie? Narrowing it down.. Is that really possible? I'll break it down a little so more than one will apply.

Action- Italian Job
Horror- The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Comedy- The Pacifier
Romance- Save the Last Dance

Then you have all the classic Disney movies. How can anybody forget those?
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

Kimbersqk

I forgot about music... That would be Drumline. :o)
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

Milla

The one movie I can call my all time favorite is The Fifth Element. I absolutely love everything about that movie.
Others I seem to be able to watch over and over again are:

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Drumline
The Notebook
Nightmare Before Christmas

Anithinum

I'll just say this:

why? Because first I was like: "omg advanced robots and guns" and then I was like: "wow, blue people!"
in all honesty for me, that movie satisfied all of my expectations.
On~Off

Sign this and let's begin

Empress Leo

Just one? Never!

The Dark Knight
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
"The key to leadership is yelling."

Ons & Offs

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

BenedictWolfe

Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker. Every time I watch it I am left stricken by it's enigmatic narrative and breathtaking camera work.

Endorphin

Inception.

I also thoroughly enjoyed T2, The Matrix, Gladiator, Braveheart, The Dark Knight, The Prestige and any of the Bond movies.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Kira Kimaru

The Counte of Monte Cristo (who doesn't love a 18th centuary jail break?)
Shawshank redemption is another good one
Spirted Away is my favorite animated movie
The Prestige

SuperHans

There's a lot of contenders, but the Big Lebowski always finds its way to the top. Brilliant, very funny, interesting subtext. There's a few movies that follow, but I couldn't really rank them:

Life of Brian
Good Will Hunting
Shaun of the Dead
Really any of the View Askewverse films, minus Mallrats
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

Cybrewaste

The Castle.

Without a doubt, the most hilarious movie ever made.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]