BESM:Aftershock!!!! (interest check)

Started by Bloody Rose, October 26, 2010, 10:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

Miyori High School, a high school in Japan where only the best of the best were there. Students from all over the world came there to focus on their skill, weather was music, sports, math, science, history the school had it all. However what they did not knew was that the school was once the center of rituals and rites intended for summoning some great evil to the world. However as much as they try they could not do anything, the ground was holy land. The land did not allowed any evil, all evil intention was banished from the land, all rituals simply did not worked. Everything went wrong for the sect, they decided to move to another place where they were killed by whatever they practiced. However all the failed rituals, all the fail experiments left residual energy, wich in time gathered up on the grounds where the school were made.

It was just a matter of time before all that energy blew up. One normal day at school, students just coming in and teachers planning their day. Everything was going normally until the ground started shaking. It was rare in that part of Japan for earthquakes to happen so people were started to scream. A silent moment at the earthquake and the school were covered in a cloud of fire, the energies making a explosion in the school who killed almost everybody inside.

You wake up after screaming your heart out in the earthquake, however you are not in the school. You wake up in the middle of a beautiful field filled with white flowers. Out at the distance some mountains filled with snow, you are noway near the school, but where are you? Why you were brought here? Are you dead? Are you alive? Are you on earth? Up to you do decide.

This is a BESM game, those who had not played the game please pm me if you want to know more about it. For those who had played let me clarify some stuff for you.

1- At the start of the rp you will be either in school or after the explosion, (we will decide later).
2- We will start with 300 (Mythical) points.
3- Anything related to science and technology are limited or banned. So no mecha pilot or spaceship pilot or technology geek.
4- The main focus on the rp is about humans with new powers in a fantasy world created by me. So think about that when making character.
5- You cannot go over 8 in any attribute, that includes: mind, body and soul
6- If you want to go over 8 just tell me why and I will see if I approve it.
7- You can put weapons if you want, however I will give them during the rp.
8- If you want to play a different race you are most than welcomed to. Just say that they change during the explosion and whatever happened after.
9- You can either play a student or a member from my world (in the last pm me for details)
10- More ruless will be added
11- No power play, (dont think your god)
12- Anything you want to customize go through me first.

Name:
Student or not:
Personality:
Bio:
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Weight:
Templates use if any:

Body:
Mind:
Soul:

Defense combat Value: (Body+Mind+Soul/3) +1 defense combat mastery
Attack combat Value:  (Body+Mind+Soul/3) +1 Attack combat mastery
Damage Multiplier: 5+1/Massive Damage Multiplier

Hp: (Body+Soul) x5
EP: (Mind+Soul) x5
Shock Value: (Max Hp) /5

Attributes     
Name   LV     points

Skills
Name   Lv  points

Defects:
Name   LV

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Bloody Rose

wow guess nobody interested, two more days and I will delete this unless I find some players, thank you though Muse

Zadaris

You have to give it a little time Zara  ;D

When they see it,
they will come.

Some people who may be interested may not be available and then you'll have closed it before they see. Though I understand you don't want your muse to fade away.

And yes, interested. As I was with the last BESM game.  :-)
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Bloody Rose

:p I know it was a bait to lure people in, and I lured you in, see? it works buahaha

Jefepato

Bloody Rose

Zadaris

Quote from: Zarazel on October 27, 2010, 07:32:41 PM
:p I know it was a bait to lure people in, and I lured you in, see? it works buahaha

Haha, you think so but.... but....

*is shackled to the floor*

Dammit.

*starts drawing profile in the sand*
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Bloody Rose

Shadowfox

I do not have much experience with the besm system however I am interested.

Jefepato

It occurs to me that my BESM books are all about a thousand miles away.

I'll give it some thought once I get back home in a couple of days.

Bloody Rose

Wheresmycow

I'm interested in joining if you have room.  I've been wanting to play a BESM game since I bought the book but never had the opportunity.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Wheresmycow on October 28, 2010, 03:15:23 AM
I'm interested in joining if you have room.  I've been wanting to play a BESM game since I bought the book but never had the opportunity.

hai hai you are more than welcomed to play...

Wheresmycow

Excellent.  I'm thinking I'll either play a brawling delinquent, a womanizing kendo student or an otaku.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bloody Rose

So your making a student who were transferred to the new world. Remember that for rp sake you won't know any powers or have any weapons at the beginning of the rp. It will all be given through the course of the rp, any doubt add me to yahoo, Kiro_gekido@yahoo.com

avorae

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Wheresmycow

Couple of rules question: I noticed that there aren't any Bluff or Diplomacy type skills.  Would those be handy at all?  How much would they cost?

Also, I've been looking at the unarmed stuff and noticed that Brutal under Combat Techniques goes up to only 2, for a Weapon Level of 2.  However, if you take the Weapon attribute and add the Aura modifier to it, it looks like contact hurts the opponent.  So I'm kinda curious as to what happens when say with a character having Combat Techniques(Brutal 2) and Weapon 3 (Aura) punches an opponent.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bloody Rose

They can be useful on certain Situations. 5 points per lv, max rank is six.

and I think this example from the book says it all

For example, if a character with
Damage Multiplier of 5 has a Weapon Level 6 with the Aura
Rank 3 assigned, normal damage for the attack is 30 damage
(Level 6 x Multiplier 5 = 30). If someone merely touches the
character, though, the damage taken from the Aura is only 15
(Aura Rank 3 = effective Weapon Level x Multiplier 5 = 15).
Aura may not be combined with a Range Variable.

There is a difference, touching a opponent and attacking barehanded. Lets say you touch a opponent with aura, lets say for example shaking hand or something. If you intended it as a attack it will apply the Aura weapon lv  x Multiplier. Basically you crush his hand and every bone on his arm.

Wheresmycow

So hitting someone barehanded with the aura active isn't going to stack both Weapon Levels. 
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bloody Rose

Negative because your actually making the attack. But who knows maybe something can happen in game that will let you hehe

Wheresmycow

Could I still count it as an unarmed attack if I'm using punches and kicks to hit enemies with the aura?  I know the Weapon Levels won't stack, but I'm just wondering about the different ways to deliver the aura.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bloody Rose

It says the Aura is for defensive purposes. But we can make something up that can use your body energy as a weapon, you can be sort of a monk

Wheresmycow

You think it's possible to just make a Weapon attribute that counts as an unarmed attack?  I think that would simplify things quite a bit that way.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Matthew

Hmm... I might be a bit late here, but I havn't played BESM in forever... if there's still room, I wouldn't mind putting a character together...

Bloody Rose

Wheresmycow

Sorry to be a bother again, but I have another rules question:

I want to duplicate the Blindsight ability in DnD, in order to simulate the whole supernatural awareness martial artists have in Shonen anime and manga.  It's going to be one of his powers.  The thing is, I'm not sure how to do it.  Supersense seems like a likely candidate, but it doesn't feel like it'd be something like sonar and I'm not sure what "magical detection forms" could be used for.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bloody Rose

Send me a PM to explain better what you are asking for. ALSO

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87314.0#new  -OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87315.msg3834045#msg3834045   -Character Sheets (Will be approved by me, Unless you don't get a pm don't post with them)

Kelvered

Oooh BESM.

Are you still seeking players?
Nothing that is without compare has meaning. Comparison is how we define things, analyze things, and understand things.

Likewise, nothing that is without cause has purpose. It may very well be that all that is, simply, is.

About my fantasies.

Jefepato

Which genre's skill costs are you using?

Bloody Rose

Yes we are still seeking players, and multy genre- all campaigns Jefe

Jefepato

I'm looking at a concept that uses Power Flux ("protection") to aid others.  Would the Charges and Imbue restrictions be the correct way to set up the ability to grant varied "blessings" to allies a few times per day?

Bloody Rose

we will need to discuss that, because for every blessing is a different power.

DigitLninja

I want's to get to playin... I like my character.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Bloody Rose

Me too, but until I got at least three character sheets posted and complete I cannot start it.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Matthew

Just sent you my sheet for (hopeful) approval... sorry I took so long, havn't played in forever, took a while to get the rust out so to speak ^_^

Bloody Rose

I reviewed it and sent my opinion on it. with this char I think we can start up. The others will be placed in the world later when they post character sheet.

Bloody Rose

Guys, there is a OOC board for a reason lol

DigitLninja

yes but jumping the Interest thread is always a good thing. ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Bloody Rose

Saikotsu

hey, mind if I join in?  My schedule is hectic, but I think I'll be able to post somewhat regularly if I set aside some time each night.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

we could use some more female players ^^
Quotes to Live by: