Attempts to Scintillate (Closed for now)

Started by Scxintilla, February 23, 2017, 12:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scxintilla

Hello!

And welcome to Scxintilla's random (rambling) roster of roleplay prompts!
(lowkey frustrated for breaking alliteration there)

I'll bunch up the usual sections into spoilers so that you can just click over and read whatever part you came here for.

Respond via PM, please. :)

Introduction: About Me, Disclaimers, Expectations

About Me

I've been RPing for quite a bit now, I suppose--maybe 5-8 years. I'm just not quite sure what really counted as legit RPing and what didn't as I think I've always been into writing and collaborating with other people. I've been on E for technically, two, maybe three years? I can't recall exactly because of the inconsistency of my being active on the site until I did take a long hiatus and am now, hopefully on for a more stable amount of time.

I'm a pretty mellow person, often a bit Type A, though. This usually just translates into me wanting plot points always being clear to me, me asking a lot of questions but I'm also very flexible to the point of usually wanting my partner to have his/her way with major details (unless they come across as totally unagreeable to me)

I like making friends but am a natural introvert, so I don't really mind whether or not my RP partner gets chatty with me. However, if you're that kind of partner, who likes talking about life, etc., I am totally open to that (just be aware that OOC conversations don't come very naturally to me.)

I'm a pre-med student IRL, knee-deep in trying to balance academics, a few org responsibilities and trying not to get too delayed and stuck in pre-med forever, so I will have busy times or ruts when all the studying sucks out my creative juices, however, I will try to post at the very bare minimum, once every three days.

Disclaimers

Now these are more RP-specific disclaimers that I wish to get out of the way.

1. I am a literate RPer in the sense that I'm sure I can make quality posts. However, this does not necessarily mean I am a verbose one. I like RPing with people who care about detail, who care about purposeful dialogue and thought narratives. I also respect (and admire) people who go above and beyond, doing multiple >5 paragraph posts. I just want to make it clear that I am not one of those and do not necessarily enjoy RPing in those kinds of setups.

Although I think I am capable of writing those, I feel that aside from starters and necessary scene-building posts, the froufrou is not worth the time and effort if it could've been condensed into 2-4 meaty paragraphs. Just my take on things.

2. My forte, if you could call it that, is in character grounding. I just love researching, writing and really getting into the mind of characters I play, regardless of whether or not they be OCs or cannon fandom characters. However, this does not necessarily translate well into my plotting skills. I am horrid at plotting and need a partner who can really pace with me and fill in gaps, or at least give me questions that can lead me into formulating plot points.

I know this seems like a fatal flaw in an RPer but I just want to be honest about my weaknesses.

3. I am open to RPing with anyone, should you be a Lord, Lady or Liege, as well as your character. But just be aware that although I can play any NPC, I am most comfortable carrying a female character as my main.

4. I will be a persistent partner, should I be very much engaged into the RP. By this, I mean given like two to three days of your absence, I might poke, be a bit annoying, etc. I just am very persistent.

5. I'm a sucker for in-RP drama. Just putting it out there. My characters will be real. They will have feelings. They will respond realistically to situations.

6. My plot to smut ratio varies with the story, really, but I would never do anything purely smut, I think.

7. I RP exclusively via thread.
Expectations

1. Please communicate. Plotting, like I said before, will really be something I'd need your help in. Absences, with my persistence, get really disappointing after a while. I am a really understanding person. I swear. All you have to do is PM me. :)

2. I'm looking for a detailed partner. Like I mentioned before, I'm not looking for a novella. But I would really appreciate someone who knows their character, knows the scene, knows the genre/theme and can carry dialogue with enough detail to suffice and really do some image-painting mentally.

3. I'm looking for someone who can at least match the frequency of my posting. I understand how real life can get in the way but I do hope on having a consistent partner.

4. Goes without saying: Mutual respect.

Ons and Offs

I haven't really updated my O/O's in a while, so I'll write them down here. (Or at least the ones I remember off the top of my head.)

Major Ons
BDSM, D/s
I consider myself very very submissive, with variations on characters--the meek, the headstrong, etc. However, given the right circumstance/characters (coughcoughMargaery Tyrellcoughcough) I may consider domming.
Non-con/Reluctance/Dubcon
There is just something about being held against my character's will, or at the very least, breaking her fight down that I love.
Humiliation
Medical Play
We all have our weird fetishes, and this is one of mine. I just love how cold and calculated everything is. I also love the use of legit medical equipment such as sounds, the speculum, stirrups, enemas etc. or even more creative fantastical ones.
Gangbangs
Training, discipline
Being fisted/stretched
Defloration
Exhibitionism
Punishment
Pet play

The "Eh."
(These ones are things I enjoy as well but aren't necessarily what I am completely obsessed with)
Incest
Blackmail
Interracial
Age play
Cheating

Nope. No way.
(Definite no's.)
Scat
Vore
Snuff
Toilet play
Foot fetish

Tell me about your kinks too!

Genres, Fandoms, Prompts

Genres

Modern
Historical
(Particularly Victorian, 20's, 50's, Ancient Greek, Ancient Roman and Viking)
Mystic realism
(Fantasy set in the modern world. Not very good at Fantasy though)

Fandoms

Game of Thrones
I am obsessed with the TV series and have novice book knowledge. I can play a pretty good Daenerys and Sansa but I am sure and know for a fact that I can rock Margaery. Although admittedly, I'm not good at world-building and plotting, if there's anyone out there willing to work with me despite that  I really love the drama, political intrigue and powerplay that can come in.
DC Comics
Okay, this one's a bit iffy because I may not have much source material read but I do have grasp and grounding on quite a few characters as I've learned from a different RP. If you're willing to work with that, then, I'm game!
Young Justice
Contrary to my grasp on the wider DC universe, I've watched the entirety of YJ (and am anxiously awaiting the confirmation of S03!)
Downton Abbey
Again, the themes of political intrigue, drama and powerplay are what I look for here, us the period setting as well.
History's Vikings
Have not watched the latest season.
Suits
Disney and Grimm's Fairy tales
Because nothing is more fun than corrupting your own childhood.

Rough Prompts

Like I said, I'm not a very good plot-er, so I'll need help with these.

Oopsie.
(Drama, romanc, high school, more plot than smut.)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I may still be hungover from the last time I watched Juno. But very roughly, this is just the run of the mill teenage pregnancy story. I want to focus more on the interactions, decisions, drama, comfort, etc. that comes with it.

Doctor, doctor.
(Historical--50's, more smut than plot (but can go both ways, tbh), drama, bondage, medical fetish, Also may be fandom-ish if you've seen Masters of Sex.)
With the rise of Masters and Johnson's study on human sexuality, your character, a young doctor inspired by this novel idea. He sets out to start his own obsessive study meeting different people more than up close and personal along the way.

Tarnished
(Historical, drama, blackmail, can go D/s or romantic, etc.)
My character is a young, spoiled daughter of a rich family, completely infatuated with her piano tutor--your character. However, drama ensues when she decides to flirt with him, seduce him in her own girlish, childish way, without knowing that her purity and the promise of her to be married off would possibly be the one thing keeping their family from bankruptcy.

Perpetuated
(Drama. More plot than smut)
This plot is particularly rough around the edges. It's actually a segment of a multi-character RP I used to do and this, (wih me being the drama fiend that I am) struck me as the most interesting plot line. But due to my partner's preferences, I could not play it out as much as I wanted to. This is about an immortal, with no other power--my character. Her frustration is that she perpetually lives seeing her lovers disappear/die/fallout without her being able to do anything about it. I'd need a good plot-er to  help me with this one. I think if anyone should be interested in this, I might be nit-picky consider that it's already pretty flimsy as is. So, I'd admittedly need a stronger RPer than me.

Those are very very, rough open plots that have tons of working on to do. :) PM me if you're interested  in any of those, or have other pitches you think we would be good for each other in.

Currently ACTIVE RP search thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273199.0

Currently irrelevant RP preferences, Genres, ideas, O/O's:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=263504.0

Scxintilla

BUMP

Re-opened.
Added more fleshing out to certain Genre/Fandom preferences.
Added "Perpetuated" plot.

Scxintilla