The Great Civil Unrest of the Mutants In Character.

Started by Batman4560, July 06, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascalence

NAME:  Karen Schmidt
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teacher
TIME OF DAY:  Evening
TAGGING:  Jake Crow and Jessica Reynolds

"Jake, dear, please remove dear Jessica's IV, before she runs off with it," Karen said, her lips pressed into a thin line as she contained her humor at the girl's eagerness to leave.  She'd overheard her name as Jessica had spoken to Jake.  At the question, however, Karen blinked before a sheepish look crawled over her features.  "As far as I know?  Just a kitchen.  I haven't been down there to explore yet myself," she admitted, moving to throw away the used Dixie cup.  "I only arrived a couple of days ago.  I've been working on unpacking, and completing lesson plans and syllabi for you students," she said.  She bit her lower lip.  She needed to get back to the library...finish up said syllabi, as well as the other documents, and get all the copies printed out.  With as late as it was becoming, she was not going to have time to review student files that evening, at all.
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

Kepesk

NAME: Jake Crow
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Student
TIME OF DAY: Evening
TAGGING: Karen Schmidt, Jessica Reynolds

“Oh, right!” Jake removed the IV from Jessica’s arm. “Sorry…”
Jake looked up briefly when Miss Schmidt mentioned she hadn’t been down to the basement yet.
He looked around to get a band-aid for Jessica’s arm. There were `plain’ band-aids, but there were also Star Wars Clone Wars animated series band-aids, so he grabbed one that had the Padme character on it and administered it to her arm.

One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

EndofDivine

NAME: Jessica Reynolds
TIME OF DAY: Late Evening
TAGGING: Karen Schmidt, Jake Crow

Jessica looked a bit disappointed when Ms. Schmidt couldn't offer any information about the basement. Jessica had to know what was down there and why teachers were going out of their way to scare students away from the door. "Well, thanks anyway I guess. See you around Ms. Schmidt."

She turned to leave but stopped abruptly when Ms. Schmidt reminded her of the IV. "Oh yeah. Oops." She laughed a bit at herself and turned toward Jake, holding her arm out so he could remove the IV. "You sure you know what you're doing?" She turns her head away as the IV is removed, wincing slightly. Jessica tries to hold as still as possible once it's removed to keep any blood from dripping and waits for Jake to find a bandage. When he returns with the Star Wars bandage she looks down at it and back up at Jake, an incredulous look on her face. "Really?"
She could only look at Jake and shake her head at his taste in band-aids. "Well...thanks for everything but I really need to finish unpacking and stuff." She sighed to herself as she picked up her bottle of water and made her way to the door, opening it slightly and sliding passed it, stopping momentarily to give a brief look back into the room at Ms. Schmidt and Jake.

She stepped out of the infirmary and looked around the hallways. She had no idea how she got here or how to get to her room from here. Jessica shrugged to herself and started walking anyway, hoping to find a familiar location. It took her a good ten minutes to get back to her room but she was thankful nonetheless. She walked inside, shutting the door quickly behind her and leaning against it in relief. Something about the room made her feel much more relaxed and safer, as if the door somehow acted as a barrier between her and her problems. She spent several moments standing there like this, just thankful that she made it through the whole situation. Finally, she pushed herself away from the door and made her way back to her suitcase, unpacking the final personal items that she had left to unpack. A few photos of her mother and father, a poster of her favorite band to hang over her bed, and a dreamcatcher.

The dreamcatcher meant a lot to her- a gift from her father to deal with her nightmares. Ever since the first time she had used her power, Jessica had started having these extremely vivid and terrifying nightmares; nightmares fueled by the fears from all the minds she has touched. It was unsettling to say the least and her father thought the trinket might help ease her mind a bit. Jessica liked to think it worked, if only because of the comfort it provided.

She sighed to herself and looked about the room as she finished hanging up her poster. It wasn't home but it was at least a step closer than it was before.

Kepesk

TAGGING: Karen Schmidt

After Jessica left, Jake half-turned toward Miss Schmidt and stammered, “I, uh…hafta go.” He immediately turned and exited the room, but not without grabbing the water bottle first.

~ Aristotle

Cascalence

NAME:  Karen Schmidt
ROLE IN SCHOOL:  English Teacher
TIME OF DAY:  Late evening
TAGGING:  Jake Crow (exiting) and Jessica Reynolds (exiting)

"No problem, dear," Karen had spoken to Jessica, watching her with a faint smile as she left the Infirmary.  She stared at the doors as they swung shut, silent for a moment.  Just reflecting upon the past hour or so.  She was snapped from her reverie when Jake spoke and looked at him.  "Oh, yes.  Alright.  See you in class tomorrow, Jake," she said with a warm smile, watching the teen scurry from the room.  Again, she was left with her thoughts.  Looking about, she moved and did her best to clean up the Infirmary, before finally exiting and locking it back up.  With a roll of her shoulders, she moved and began back toward the library.  She had much work she needed to complete yet.
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

Kepesk

TAGGING: (n/a)

Jake quickly made his way back to his room. Once there, he took out a sticky-pad and a permanent marker. He wrote, “Jess’” on the sticky note and drew a crude face sticking out it’s tongue. =p Using his tablet, he looked up Jessica’s room number on the school roster, and noted that it also listed a Kimmi August.
He stuck the sticky-note on the bottle, and went out to place it against her door before returning back to his room.

~ Aristotle

ErikaWyte

NAME: Rayven
TAGGING: Jake

(Hearing commotion outside door)

What the %$#!!!! ... (Opens door spotting Jake putting bottle by door), Excuse me!!! Can you not leave your garbage laying around my door!? I don't need to be cleaning up crap outside my door, I have enough to worry about inside! (Notices the smiley face on post it)...What???... Are we in elementary school??? What's this??? (Grabbing bottle, stares at you with scorn) Explain Mister!!!

Demigod1945

NAME: Samuel Ervin
ROLE IN SCHOOL: Physics teacher
TIME OF DAY: Morning, right before classes
TAGGING: Teaching
            Samuel sat in his chair, with his legs propped up on his wooden desk. To anyone on the outside, he looked calm, and emotionless. But on the inside he was bustling with activity, he was awaiting his first class. He still wondered if what he had planned out would work in his favor. Hopefully it would. Despite staying up last night due to all the commotion, Samuel felt as though he had slept through it all. He surveyed his new classroom. It was aligned like any other class room that he had ever seen. Ten rows of seats, with ten seats in each column, encouraging posters lined the wall, designed to make students work harder. File cabinets sat to the right of his desk, while the classroom door was to his left. On his desk sat an assortment of items, consisting of pens, pencils, tape, scissors, and anything else associated with a teacher. He heard commotion as students came down the hall outside. He patiently awaited for them, class was about to be in session.

ErikaWyte

ROLE IN SCHOOL: new student
TIME OF DAY: Morning, right before classes
TAGGING: n/a

I stroll into class and wander around the classroom. Looks just like any other class I've dropped out of, nothing special, smells freshly cleaned and clinical. Guess I've got no choice but to come to this silly class to get my credits and get out of this place. I find a seat directly in the back of class, perfect little spot to see all the action and note passing. Can't wait to get into the drama of the school, that's when I can really work my magic. (Devilishly smiles as I take my seat).

Kepesk

TIME OF DAY: Morning
LOCATION: Halls, Outside Near Library, Cafeteria, Physics Classroom
TAGGING: (n/a)

Jake got up particularly early the following morning. Mostly cuz he was having difficulty sleeping. That `black campfire’ in his mind was playing havoc with his dreams, and he knew it was only going to get worse until he did something about it, so he just stayed up all night reading Cold Sassy Tree.
Jake actually dressed for the day, unlike yesterday when he just kept his sweats on from the plane ride. Blue button-down shirt, black slacks, and some dress shoes. Nothing terribly fancy.
The roommate he hadn’t met yet was still asleep, so Jake left a note on his side of the room that read, “Name’s Jake. Got Ervin for Physics 1st period. If you do too then I’ll see you there.”
He grabbed his small backpack with his laptop in it, put on his headphones, and headed-out.

He had no idea where to go…so he went outside and headed toward a spot near the Library windows. The ground was still wet, so he found a cemented spot and sat down to commence with his meditation.
As far as the relative `effectiveness’ of his meditations went, this one wasn’t the greatest. Anything was better than nothing though, especially when it got to the point that Jake was at.
Afterward, he went and grabbed a quick waffle and smoothie breakfast from the cafeteria. Not his usual diet, but he needed all the comfort he could get right now, even if it came from sugar and carbs.

Well, he had delayed this as long as he possibly could… It was time to head to class.

He walked into Prof. Ervin’s Psych class about 15 minutes early, walked up to the front, and sat in the first row, 5th seat; as front-and-center as he could possibly get. He pulled out his laptop, set it up, and then just sat there staring at the blackboard and waiting.
~ Aristotle

Thesunmaid

NAME:Kimmi August
TIME OF DAY:Evening
TAGGING: Jessica  Reynolds (and whom ever she is with)

She wandered down the halls trying to find her dorm this place was like a fucking maze and she didn't feel like stopping and talking to someone and asking them so she walked over to once of the light sconces and touched it sort going a bit limp for a moment her eyes closing still touching the light and sagging against the wall and one of the students walked over and poked her confused when she suddenly opened her eyes and stepped back startled that a small crowd had gathered and she blushed hotly."I got tired...so stop fuckin lookin at me like that..."She glared and then started moving off to her room and hoped who ever this Jessica chick was she was not gonna be all weirded out by shit like this...she might have to explain and hoped jessi could keep her mouth shut and she found the dorm room with no problems now that she had been into the electrical systems and would have to let them know there was a few shorts here and there. She poked her head in the room"Hello?"
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Demigod1945

Samuel slowly waited for students to flow into the room and take their seats. He saw many of them gave him weird looks at him. Understandable, considering that most of them were his age. Finally the last seat had been filled and the school bell rang. He took his feet off the desk, and stood up. He began to address the class. "Good morning, my name is Samuel Ervin, you can call me Professor, or Mr. Ervin. Now I know what you all must be thinking, why is someone as young as me teaching you?" He looked around to make sure everyone was paying attention. " Well I'm teaching you because I happen to be an expert in physics, and apparently you all are not. Now I have only three rules in this classroom. Number one: No powers are to be used, unless I give explicit permission, Number two: No talking while I am, and Number three: No ear-buds." Samuel eyed Jake as he said this. He then starting pacing the room, picking up a pencil from his desk while doing so.

"Now can anyone tell me what physics is or what it means?" He looked around the room, no one volunteered to answer. He pointed at Jacob "What about you? Can you tell me what physics is?"

ErikaWyte

ROLE IN SCHOOL:  New Student

Rayven see's a boy enter the class and position himself in the front, she scoffs at his attempt to be studious and vested in the class. She watches as he opens his laptop and trys to start bit up, she discretely sends a hex to his computer to flash seductive images of lips being bitten, pouting and licked. An audible female moan is emanating from the computers speakers. "Entertainment at its finest" she smiles and relinquishes the moment and yawns as she quickly bored with her victims embarrassment.

Kepesk

TAGGING: Samuel Ervin, Rayven Hollows

Jake had expected something…just not something as pointed as this. When Prof. Ervin specifically mentioned earbuds, Jake just grimaced and nodded a little.

When asked if he could tell the Professor what Physics is, Jake shook his head a little and merely said, "No, I cannot," which won out over the response: My worst class. Suddenly, he heard a woman moaning. Noticing the tablet on his desk, he looked down, shocked to see the erotic images flashing on it. He didn't have a problem with the images - and rather liked them - but it was so loud! He quickly grabbed it and fiddled with the power switch to kill it.
"Sorry, I-- I don't know what that was."

Jake felt what was the black campfire surge inside of him...

~ Aristotle

Demigod1945

"Disappointing, but understandable Jacob, Physics is-" Suddenly he was interrupted by the erotic noises coming from Jake's tablet. "Yes, Jacob I know that wasn't your fault" He looked back toward the room at Miss. Hollows. "Please refrain from doing that again Rayven, or you will regret it." He then continued with his explanation. "Physics is the study of matter and its motion through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force. Or to more simply put it it is the general analysis of nature, conducted in order to understand how the universe behaves. And because of the way that matter is affected by time and space, I can do things such as this." He quickly flicked the pencil onto the front of Jacob's desk, watching as it deflected at a right angle straight into the ceiling panels above. 

EndofDivine

NAME: Jessica Reynolds
TAGGING: Kimmi August

Jessica found herself sitting on her bed, looking through old pictures on her laptop and reminscing to herself to pass the time. The power fluctuation startled her slightly but she thought little of it and turned her attention back to her laptop. Then came the second shock of the evening as another girl poked her head into the room. Mr. Shaw did say she would have a roommate but Jessica secretly hoped she wouldn't show, even if the idea was a bit selfish. Jessica looks up from her laptop at the other teenager and offers a smile. "Guess you're my roommate, huh? I'm Jessica, it's nice to meet you." She puts her laptop aside and stands up from her bed, casting a glance at the other girl's bag. "I can help you get settled in if you'd like."

ErikaWyte

ROLE IN SCHOOL: New Student
(Thinking)
"No body threatens me!..."you'll be sorry he says...Ha! I laugh at that."
Rayven looks around the room distracted from
Mr.Ervin's lecture & demonstration. She scans the room for some other student to tease...

Kepesk

"Did Ervin just say that wasn't my fault!?!" Jake's eyes widened and frowned up at Prof. Ervin. "And who's `Miss Hollows'?!?" He half started to look, but couldn't concentrate on what was going on. His heart was racing...

And he wasn't expecting the pencil trick either. Normally, he most likely would have been, and it wouldn't have fazed him, but not after what just went on with his laptop. He jumped, startled a bit, which was a sensation he wasn't used to. He was sweating profusely...

...And then his eyes went wonky. He could feel them jitter and he knew it was happening. He snapped his left hand up to his eyes and began rubbing them. He immediately went through his relaxation techniques... Deep breaths...in through the nose, out through the mouth... He started to try tuning everything else out, focused inward, and tryied to quell the source of the black fire inside him...

~ Aristotle

Demigod1945

TAGGING: teaching
   Samuel knew something was wrong as soon he noticed Jacob lift up his left hand, the boy was jittery, and shaking. This must be his ability manifesting, he had heard that most young mutants generally lost control of their abilities, when stressed or embarrassed. "Jacob are you alright" he asked with interest.

Kepesk

(Jake didn't respond...)
~ Aristotle

ErikaWyte

(Sitting on edge of seat)
"This is going to be good, the boy wonder is going to cry." She thought.
I can't believe how up tight these students are here... No one can take playful pranks anymore... (She watches in amazment at the display Jake is showing.) I wonder what his powers are???....

Thesunmaid

NAME: Kimmi August
TAGGING:Jessica reynolds

She walked in and set her laptop bag and duffel down"Hi I am Kimmi....you look about as thrilled to be here as I am...I am quiet and i don't ask for much...so..I hope you don't mind me coming in so late...fucking cops could not file the paper work very fast..."she snorts and flops on the bed and looked at you"Nah its ok...i don't take much to settle...i just need a power bar to hook up Francesca to and a place to lay my head. Thanks though..."she kicked her bag under the bed and looked at the window with the dream catcher and smiled weakly"you got bad dreams in your head your trying to kill too huh?"She grabbed her laptop bag which was covered in tape and random drawings on the canvas and pulled out a very expensive looking laptop.Very top of the line stuff.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Demigod1945

TAGGING: Jake crow
Samuel now became concerned with Jake and had moved over to him. Several students leaned over at the pair, but he motioned to them to mind their own business.
"Jake if you can hear me, know that I know what you're going through, the anxiety, struggle to keep it all together inside. I've been there, now the only way for you to truly relax is to let it out." Jake didn't respond. Samuel put a hand on Jacob's shoulder. "Just let it out" And that's when all hell broke loose.

Kepesk

Jake looked up.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
After a beat, he got up and just stood there.

After a few moments, his jaw dropped open, and what can only be described as a black energy ejected from his eyes and mouth, narrowly missing Professor Ervin, and destroying the chalkboard behind him. It lasted several seconds and then suddenly stopped.
Jake turned, and mechanically walked out of the room.
~ Aristotle

ErikaWyte

Niiiice, love the smell of chaos in the morning. Guess this is my que to step out of class and check up on the black death wielder. Good to know I still make the boys jaws drop.
But gotta make sure he doesn't go all emo and drape the school in that stuff, after all I need this school intact to get my credits, no other school will take me, so this is the end of the line for schools unless I plan on going off world. (Gets up and exits the room, trailing Jake).