Fancy Spoilers - Length Issues

Started by Nessy, May 08, 2012, 11:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessy

So I snagged ideas from the other Fancy Spoilers topic and tried my hand at using them myself. The trouble is, length's of the spoiler header seem to be varying wildly. They work well for one section, the pictures section, but kind of weird in others.

Is the length of the spoiler while using fancy spoiler based on something? I thought it might be the text within the spoiler but that seems to be inconsistent.

Thank you.

Link
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Avis habilis

What do you mean by "kind of weird in others"? Are they shorter than you expected? Longer?

Oreo

I played with them in PMs a bit yesterday and the effects seemed to be random. Some were short, then the next time were longer (same spoiler). One even glitched the whole preview and sent the spoiler into a long line of information down the right side of the screen.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Avis habilis

I have noticed that floated images inside a spoiler block will overflow if they're taller than the text in the block would make it. I wonder whether floated content might be having some effect on spoilers below.

Nessy

Quote from: Oreo on May 09, 2012, 09:12:53 AM
I played with them in PMs a bit yesterday and the effects seemed to be random. Some were short, then the next time were longer (same spoiler). One even glitched the whole preview and sent the spoiler into a long line of information down the right side of the screen.

Quote from: Avis habilis on May 09, 2012, 08:37:19 AM
What do you mean by "kind of weird in others"? Are they shorter than you expected? Longer?

Yeah that is what i meant. the lengths are all over the place, and i can't figure out why. If i do the "regular" spoilers, they are all the same length and go all the way across a post. If i do these fancy ones, I have no idea what i am going to get. It's shorter in some, longer in others.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Beguile's Mistress

Do you add any spaces on the text line that enclose in the spoiler commands?  That can sometimes lengthen the bar.  That is if I'm understanding things correctly.

Nessy

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 09, 2012, 09:06:01 PM
Do you add any spaces on the text line that enclose in the spoiler commands?  That can sometimes lengthen the bar.  That is if I'm understanding things correctly.

If i understand correctly, you are asking me if i add spaces on the line that the spoiler code exist. I messed with that a bit. I tried to do the spoiler on it's own line, and I also added it to the end of a line of text. Then I did them all the same, either own line or at the end of the line, and the results are still inconclusive in that I have no idea why the bottom one with the pictures is tiny, and fittingly so, but the others with what looks like the same length of text, and by that I mean the text goes all the way over and then wraps down to the second line, have such varying lengths.

I mean it looks "weird" and that's okay. It still works and was fun to try and use. I just feel like i must be missing something that would suggest to me what the length should be.
Misc. Long Term Ideas