What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Psh, Sabby..you expect too much.

Plus, the story is narrated by Stan Lee. The Actual Stan Lee.

So that negates any cons you have, Sabby...unless you're not a True Believer?!

Nyarly

Quote from: Wolfy on September 07, 2010, 09:34:33 PM
*whacks Nyarly*

Guess what?

Duke is back. For reals this time.

SO NYAH! *steals Nyarly's food and runs*
Well, now that it isn't developed by 3D Realms anymore, there may be indeed the possibility of a release. But still it's likely that there will be an incredible amount of backlash for the time it took. Maybe it would be better if they rename the game.

Sabby

What story? o.o The thing starts out almost as quickly as Crackdown 2. It would have been just as jarring for that old woman to leap through your gameroom window yelling "SPIDEY! The Tablet! You must save the pieces or the universe will blahblah! D=" Then grab you by the collar, haul you through the window and you land in the tutorial level.

Oniya

I thought that was standard operating procedure for Madame Web...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

*baps Sabby on the head* You forget that this is a Comic Book game..and that's standard operating procedure for comics to do that.

Plus, it has Deadpoo-OOH COOKIE! *leaps after cookie*

O-o..what was I saying?..Oh yeah..it has the Merc with the Mouth. :D

Deadpool: "Guns don't kill people! I KILL PEOPLE! :D"

Hemingway

Arkham Asylum was a damn good game. Just mentioning it makes me want to play it. But anyway! Where's your Comic book game stereotype now? HUH?

Oh, over there with Superman 64?

... Okay.

Callie Del Noire

I wish that they did a Noir game instead.. I love the sneaking bits so far BUT the others are 'meh'.

Sabby

4 characters, 3 being terribly dull beat 'em ups, the fourth an interesting but shallow copy of Arkham's 'Silent Predator' levels.

And the game seems to realize soon that hey! This is a Spiderman game and we forgot the web traveling! D= Let's make the levels a lot bigger so your forced to use the crappy downgraded swinging to get around. Problem solved!

Inkidu

I avoid all comic book games that aren't developed by Rocksteady Studios. That right there's only one; soon to be two.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

It depends, there have been some really good comic book games out there and then there have been really really really bad ones, like bottom of the barrel bad. If they were made as a labor of love rather then a cash cow they can succeed, see a lot of Marvel games that have come out in the past like both X-Men legends, or that PS2 Wolverine game, or Hulk Ultimate destruction (hmmm all of those are PS2, I see a pattern :P)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

sleepingferret

Quote from: Nyarly on September 08, 2010, 12:41:35 AM
Well, now that it isn't developed by 3D Realms anymore, there may be indeed the possibility of a release. But still it's likely that there will be an incredible amount of backlash for the time it took. Maybe it would be better if they rename the game.

Publisher/Development company changed... it's still technically the same crew.  The developers from the old Duke Nukem Forever project at 3D Realms went from working on their own in a garage to working for Gearbox.  So sometime next year, we'll have our beloved Duke back kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.

Till then, I guess I'm stuck with Left 4 Dead 2 and the occasional game of Starcraft 2.

Wolfy

Hmm....*wonders if he'll have his financial aid in time to get a computer before FFXIV comes out. D:*

Drabella

Well one of the games I was playing World of Warcraft but I kind of  spilt something down the side of it and fried it... so i stuck with a small comp that can't run wow, now I sit and play MW2, Halo3, RDR, and Viva Pinata. I m a masive COD and Halo fan so I already have reach waiting for me and the prestige pakage of COD: Black ops ready. I even read the Halo books so I'm hoping that they do go to reach. and keep it with the story line.

Oniya

I might go retro soon.  I found a place to play seriously old-school games that I used to play on my Apple ][. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

Ya know what I've noticed about Reach? It's not Halo 3.5 o.o It's like they made the game entirely from the ground up... there's no recycled character models, animations, effects, it's all new, and it only just clicked today. Theres no reason for them to do that, they could have just carried over all of Halo 3's assets and added some new graphical details but no, they went all out and scrapped everything, made everything new. The end result is just stunning!

The Elite's look beefy and imposing, (As they should!) the Sniper Jackal's slink about like light footed little panther's, (as they should!) any gun bigger then a standard rifle is doesn't just look scary, the damage is insane, (as it should be!) I've lost count of the amount of times I tried to storm, say, a turret position only to have a torrent of plasma shred through me and take me off my feet, and go "Gee, that looked a lot more intense then I remember..."

I remember I tried this crossing a bridge with concrete cover, where Grunts and a few Elites duked with Marines and a turret at the end would just chew apart anything human that got too close. Arrived to the scene in a Warthog with a missile launcher on the back, and immediately tried to ram through, jamming the car between the cinderblocks and immediately getting stuck at the bonnet. I hopped out before it blew, and was dead as I hit the ground from a hail of turret fire.

Reload Checkpoint.

Skidded the car at the back of the bridge, got out and tried to fight through, with the Marine on the gun blanketing the area with explosives. Cinderblocks were giving them just as much cover from the rockets as I was getting from the turret, so there was really no improvement, and once a kamikaze Grunt blasted my shields off, an Elite hopped out of cover, squared his shoulders, roared at me and punched me clear off the bridge.

Reload Checkpoint.

Skidded the Warthog on a small rise at the canyons edge, next to the bridge. Got out, engaged the Covenant on the bridge, and suddenly an unending storm of missiles slammed right into them, bypassing the cover all together and scattering them, while me and my Marines stormed. The two pronged attack made quick work of them. The Grunt in the turret even tried to run but was sent flipping before he clambered out when it was blown to pieces.

This. Is. Awesome.

Drabella

See I read the books and they were made after Halo 1 came out, but the first book is all about how the spartans were picked, how there training was and how reach falls. Now I love the first book so if they mess up on any detail I will be pissed(well not really its a halo game come on). I was glad they didn't take halo 3 and just move it up with better graphics, because i really hated halo 3 they just sucked that game up for us Halo 1-2 Junkies. I remember just getting a shit load of ppl in my bros basment for massive 4 ppl to each 4 tv's it was great. The hand guns in Halo 1 were just OH MY GOSH you could be across map and still get head shots it you knew were to put the aimer right.

Halo 2 just got better cuz now we could play it online with ppl across the globe(LOVE IT). The graphics were great compared to halo 1's. The only thing good in Halo 3 was the campain but Halo 2s was still better. Then when I found out that they removed Halo 2 online play I was pissed. So I'm so glad that Reach is in no way like Halo 3.... well except for fourge which I will love cuz its freaking huge.

Man I can't wait for this game...

Wolfy

*eyes Sabby* And how exactly do YOU have a copy, eh?

Sabby

*puts on his eye patch and just stares him down without a word*

Yarr.

sleepingferret

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/08/24/0451239/Halo-Reach-Leaked-To-Filesharing-Sites

Even made the internet "geek" news.

Anyways, back to killing zombies..or maybe I should actually spend the time to beat Oblivion.  *ponders*

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 09, 2010, 01:00:53 AM
*puts on his eye patch and just stares him down without a word*

Yarr.

*shakes head at Sabby and hides his roms* Shame shame, Sabby...

Sabby

Oniya

Brandon

Wait I know how to solve the myserty! We ask the magic 8 ball...

Doh!
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Hmm..do you guys think Metro 2033 is worth a rental?...I need something to play between now and Halo Reach. Lol

Wolfy

Ooooh..I'm so excited for Monday, I'm so excited for monday..I'm so excited for mondaaaayyyy....Cause I'm going to the midnight release. :D