Milford Sanctuary for the Sexually Depraved (Interest Check) [EX]

Started by Clio, January 20, 2015, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManofDawnLight

Of course we are still accepting.  The speed has slowed down by much, due to the players all having life stuff at once (me included).  Go ahead and create one, we'll see if it's acceptable, and then find a partner to begin your torture. 
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

SpiralSpider

Name: Trevor Halvorson
Role: Visitor
Sexual Orientation: Practicing heterosexual, though discretely bicurious. (Kinsey scale 2)
Reason for Visit: Trevor, who goes by the pen name of T.H. Blaise, has a regular article in Subject Medium magazine. Although the occult rag has an established following, it's new to the market so it's not the most popular, particularly since it's credibility is often in question due to the subject matter. Writers like Blaise are meant to bring a stabilizing core to keep subscriptions active; they travel out to suitable locations and give in-depth investigations as to the events and the history behind the myth that persists in popular culture.

Truthfully, the vast majority of Trevor's missions had failed to uncover anything ground breaking. He considers himself an open-minded skeptic, but he realizes that if hard-evidence existed of supernatural creatures it would likely have been found by now - and by someone with far better resources than he had. He couldn't complain about the job, it allowed him to flex his typing fingers and travel, often to exotic and almost always historic spots.

The Milford Sanctuary is different, though. After the location came up on the work list, the name rang a bell. He obliged that tingle of familiarity, did some research, and eventually came to find that this was the institution his Great-Grandfather had been sent to shortly before his Grandfather's birth. It wasn't something his family spoke of, so he had to get most of his information through publications. Due to his personal connection to the facility, he decided to take the job. His editor asked him to do daily posts about the experience on his personal web page, which was thought to make a suitable teaser for the article's release the next month.
Appearance: Standing just shy of 5'11, Trevor has a lightly defined build. He doesn't take to gyms or work out routines, but he leads a fairly active life and eats like a bird. His eyes display central heterochromia, in a striking gray to brown and his natural brown curls usually are left to tumble about around his ears. Trevor is rarely seen in anything exposing skin on the lower half of his body and only goes with short sleeved shirts when he's particularly hot, this habit is to conceal self-imposed scarring on his forearms and evidence of the abuse he went through on his torso and legs.
Character Model: Aidan Turner
Links to Additional Pictures: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Personality: Trevor expresses himself better in writing than through verbal means. When he must speak to another, rarely a word escapes his lips that he didn't think twice about first. He likes his solitary assignments because he tends to be twitchy and anxious around people, taking often to nervous habits. It's not that he's insecure, he's had time to work through the lingering effects of growing up in a highly dysfunctional family, so he's no wilting flower. But he's still discovering himself and his creative mind is always in flux, taking in all of the stimulation his surrounding environment allows and seeing how the pieces either fit together or provide inspiration for creative writing, which he indulges in on occasion. He can build solid relationships with someone once his defenses are down and has been known to have a bit of a dark, sarcastic humor.

* Because of his positive experiences with medical officials, he tends to feel comfortable and safe when around doctors, psychologists and nurses.

History: His childhood was one he'd rather gloss over. His mother was an under-educated hillbilly who ended up going through three husbands, each more abusive than the last, before he graduated from high school. His last step father made an unfair ultimatum that Trevor was more than happy to use as a reason to leave home before finishing his senior year. It was through sheer tenacity that he got his diploma, though he did take some time off from school before continuing his education. He spent a while going through therapy and finding what really piqued his interest before he went through with obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in History.

He thought he wanted to be a professor, that is until he realized he hated speaking before a class. Somehow it was far more difficult to speak with an uneducated audience than with those who stood on the same ground he did. He coasted off of his savings for a while before he found he could make a halfway decent living doing bit work and articles for local newspapers and small magazines, though that usually had little to do with his special interests. SM commissioned a few pieces of his before hiring him on permanently.

Character Connections: None at the moment. But I would love to have a staff member sense a connection through his ancestor.

Link to Player's O/O: here
Character O/O:
ON: Trust, Pain (particularly something lingering, like bites, scratches, bruises or cuts) and other aspects of BDSM, unpredictable lovers (and combinations of sweet, soft touches with inflicting pain), being marked, pleasing others, testing his limits, orgasm control/denial, CBT, experiencing new things, experimenting with gender expression
OFF: Being burned, incest, bodily waste, facial hair, severe disfigurements
Definite Limits: Maiming or amputation.
Player: SpiralSpider

Either him or... a staff member?
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

ManofDawnLight

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: SpiralSpider on April 08, 2015, 10:59:12 PM
Name: Trevor Halvorson
Role: Visitor
Sexual Orientation: Practicing heterosexual, though discretely bicurious. (Kinsey scale 2)
Reason for Visit: Trevor, who goes by the pen name of T.H. Blaise, has a regular article in Subject Medium magazine. Although the occult rag has an established following, it's new to the market so it's not the most popular, particularly since it's credibility is often in question due to the subject matter. Writers like Blaise are meant to bring a stabilizing core to keep subscriptions active; they travel out to suitable locations and give in-depth investigations as to the events and the history behind the myth that persists in popular culture.

Truthfully, the vast majority of Trevor's missions had failed to uncover anything ground breaking. He considers himself an open-minded skeptic, but he realizes that if hard-evidence existed of supernatural creatures it would likely have been found by now - and by someone with far better resources than he had. He couldn't complain about the job, it allowed him to flex his typing fingers and travel, often to exotic and almost always historic spots.

The Milford Sanctuary is different, though. After the location came up on the work list, the name rang a bell. He obliged that tingle of familiarity, did some research, and eventually came to find that this was the institution his Great-Grandfather had been sent to shortly before his Grandfather's birth. It wasn't something his family spoke of, so he had to get most of his information through publications. Due to his personal connection to the facility, he decided to take the job. His editor asked him to do daily posts about the experience on his personal web page, which was thought to make a suitable teaser for the article's release the next month.
Appearance: Standing just shy of 5'11, Trevor has a lightly defined build. He doesn't take to gyms or work out routines, but he leads a fairly active life and eats like a bird. His eyes display central heterochromia, in a striking gray to brown and his natural brown curls usually are left to tumble about around his ears. Trevor is rarely seen in anything exposing skin on the lower half of his body and only goes with short sleeved shirts when he's particularly hot, this habit is to conceal self-imposed scarring on his forearms and evidence of the abuse he went through on his torso and legs.
Character Model: Aidan Turner
Links to Additional Pictures: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Personality: Trevor expresses himself better in writing than through verbal means. When he must speak to another, rarely a word escapes his lips that he didn't think twice about first. He likes his solitary assignments because he tends to be twitchy and anxious around people, taking often to nervous habits. It's not that he's insecure, he's had time to work through the lingering effects of growing up in a highly dysfunctional family, so he's no wilting flower. But he's still discovering himself and his creative mind is always in flux, taking in all of the stimulation his surrounding environment allows and seeing how the pieces either fit together or provide inspiration for creative writing, which he indulges in on occasion. He can build solid relationships with someone once his defenses are down and has been known to have a bit of a dark, sarcastic humor.

* Because of his positive experiences with medical officials, he tends to feel comfortable and safe when around doctors, psychologists and nurses.

History: His childhood was one he'd rather gloss over. His mother was an under-educated hillbilly who ended up going through three husbands, each more abusive than the last, before he graduated from high school. His last step father made an unfair ultimatum that Trevor was more than happy to use as a reason to leave home before finishing his senior year. It was through sheer tenacity that he got his diploma, though he did take some time off from school before continuing his education. He spent a while going through therapy and finding what really piqued his interest before he went through with obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in History.

He thought he wanted to be a professor, that is until he realized he hated speaking before a class. Somehow it was far more difficult to speak with an uneducated audience than with those who stood on the same ground he did. He coasted off of his savings for a while before he found he could make a halfway decent living doing bit work and articles for local newspapers and small magazines, though that usually had little to do with his special interests. SM commissioned a few pieces of his before hiring him on permanently.

Character Connections: None at the moment. But I would love to have a staff member sense a connection through his ancestor.

Link to Player's O/O: here
Character O/O:
ON: Trust, Pain (particularly something lingering, like bites, scratches, bruises or cuts) and other aspects of BDSM, unpredictable lovers (and combinations of sweet, soft touches with inflicting pain), being marked, pleasing others, testing his limits, orgasm control/denial, CBT, experiencing new things, experimenting with gender expression
OFF: Being burned, incest, bodily waste, facial hair, severe disfigurements
Definite Limits: Maiming or amputation.
Player: SpiralSpider

Either him or... a staff member?

Approved.  Now you have to find a partner.

I am returning slowly.

SweetSerenade

Hey! I remember this. I never got notice that you guys actually got it going. Would my concept still be welcome? There are actually a few guys that are of interest to me now, but I was figuring maybe my original concept may still be welcome... (The Druid camped out on the site grounds trying to 'redeem' souls... )

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

ManofDawnLight

Hello,

If you can find a partner willing to explore the nonsexualized part of this story, then you are welcomed to play it.  Are you willing to let your character die if the story asks for it?

Sorry about the invite.  I thought I had posted a link on the original thread.

I am returning slowly.

SweetSerenade

Well there are a few characters now that actually are of an interest to me, as in they are closer to my type. So I can do a sexualized aspect, though I don't particularly wish for that to be the primary focus... As my characters purpose there would be helping any souls pass on that wish to pass on. The original concept I had presented was her working towards saving souls. I don't mind her dying, which isn't an issue. But once she dies, I'm done with the game as I really don't have an interest in playing a trapped soul (and chances are her soul would pass on to the Summerlands, even if she was killed in such a place.) So ultimately, yeah I don't mind if she is killed. I'm just hoping to have a long run in the game before that happens?

ManofDawnLight

Fair enough.  Go ahead and make a character in OOC room, and I'll look it over.

I am returning slowly.

SweetSerenade

I shall do so, and hopefully have something to you in the next few days. :D

ManofDawnLight

Quote from: SweetSerenade on April 15, 2015, 08:20:08 PM
I shall do so, and hopefully have something to you in the next few days. :D

Where is she?

Also, I posted in Sunrise with my Jolo character.  He's in Sunrise already trapped in the past/ghost world.  He's up for conversation before he's admitted and taken to his doctor.

I am returning slowly.

Biles

If anyone wants to know, my character is in the service room
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]