News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Words of wisdom!

Started by Grave, February 21, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

Phantomhive

Someone once told me if you kick something and it hurts its hardware, yet if you swear at it its software.

There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

justme4386

A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

AmberStarfire

Pardon the language but this is actually quite true.

Phantomhive

The darker the tragedy, the sweeter the soul, the more binding the contract.

Phantomhive.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Ash

If it smells like cologne leave it alone? If it smells like flowers get outta there?

Autumn52

The only thing I would change in this quote is, "never loses faith in God." I would change that to, "never lose faith."

But the sentiment is great and I truly do believe it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the USA that celebrate it.

*hugs*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Deamonbane

Beware the old man that walks with a cane and not with a limp.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Rhedyn

Lilias

~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lilias

~Wendell Berry

Asphodel Terrarium

@Lilias: When that said love is a short word, easy to spell, that struck me. We use symbols such as words to point to something Infinite. We use the word "love", something easy to relay, to symbolise something transcendent and encompassing all, to tell us about this wonderful and powerful concept.

LOVE for me is that powerful that it's somehow offending when people say "I love you." casually, such as when they mean "Goodbye" or other things. Well, offending at least to me. *shrugs*

Autumn52

Quote from: Asphodel Terrarium on November 27, 2015, 03:39:15 PM
@Lilias: When that said love is a short word, easy to spell, that struck me. We use symbols such as words to point to something Infinite. We use the word "love", something easy to relay, to symbolise something transcendent and encompassing all, to tell us about this wonderful and powerful concept.

LOVE for me is that powerful that it's somehow offending when people say "I love you." casually, such as when they mean "Goodbye" or other things. Well, offending at least to me. *shrugs*

Not to get into a debate or anything, and I agree with you on this, but I know in some cultures love is only used as a romantic word.

I believe in the Greeks concept of love;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love

Love is such a wonderful thing that, in my opinion it shouldn't be restricted to one avenue of life.

Lilias, I have really enjoyed reading your words of wisdom quotes. Thank you for sharing them.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Asphodel Terrarium

Parlabane

"Extenuating circumstance to be mentioned on Judgement Day: We never asked to be born in the first place." (Kurt Vonnegut)

Lilias

~Wendell Berry

AmberStarfire

justme4386

A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

AmberStarfire

Beguile's Mistress

They say love is blind, but it's not.  Infatuation is blind.  Emotional neediness is blind.  Love sees the fault -- it just sees beyond it as well.

Beguile's Mistress

The Golden Rule is a two-edged sword.  If some of us treated others as we treat ourselves we'd be jailed.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on December 08, 2015, 09:18:43 AM

They say love is blind, but it's not.  Infatuation is blind.  Emotional neediness is blind.  Love sees the fault -- it just sees beyond it as well.

Yes, I agree with this completely, and your other quote too. :)

AmberStarfire

So.. the truth is out there.

Codswallop

"Rub her feet."

~Lazarus Long