1887 - Wild West, Outlaws and Scoundrels - Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, August 13, 2023, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 13, 2023, 03:21:38 PM
Sweet!

I would like to dibs Elizabeth Wood for my FC, if possible c:

Edit: I'm also thinking that my character was in a relationship with someone in the gang and they split up during their last job, before going their separate ways. They then reconvene with the gang getting back together and things between them are....messy...in many different ways.

Rustic

Hmm I'm split on what I want to do. Either an old member, using Carl Urban. (can you reserve in the meantime?)

Or, have a young new member. Basically the son of one of the old members. His father passed away so he got the letter since he went by his father's name (just junior). Having heard all the stories, knowing where the hideout was, he decided to go and try to join up to provide for his family. (assuming this would be allowed)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on August 13, 2023, 03:23:51 PM
I would like to dibs Elizabeth Wood for my FC, if possible c:

Will do!

Quote from: Rustic on August 13, 2023, 03:26:01 PM
Hmm I'm split on what I want to do. Either an old member, using Carl Urban. (can you reserve in the meantime?)

Or, have a young new member. Basically the son of one of the old members. His father passed away so he got the letter since he went by his father's name (just junior). Having heard all the stories, knowing where the hideout was, he decided to go and try to join up to provide for his family. (assuming this would be allowed)

Will have him reserved for ya.

Either way you look at it, I think both are solid routes.  If you go down the young, new member, he could get his father's letter from Earl and join up.  You could also, if you wanted, do up a little short thing on the father to really tie in everyone. I have a section just for that for the group.  Speaking of which...

Oooohkay, so since this thing got a ton of interest in a short amount of time (yowza) I a going to go ahead and officially open this up for recruitment.

I have posted a Game Information and Character Sheet thread located here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=353149.0

I added in a section that deals with former and current members of the gang that are going to be GM NPCs.  These characters are there to help broker connections and tie people in to the group.

I have the reserved face claims listed there as well.  I have two for the moment for myself, as I have a sharpshooter character all done and ready, but have a male and female version that will be deployed depending on the layout and needs of the group.

I will also listen to ideas for general NPCs to be added to the group once we have enough sheets submitted.

The character sheet template is located in that thread above, and I will also be adding it to the main post.

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kuroneko

Whoot! Restating/officially claiming Rodrigo Santoro for my gang member and Zach McClarnon for an NPC ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 13, 2023, 03:39:10 PM
Whoot! Restating/officially claiming Rodrigo Santoro for my gang member and Zach McClarnon for an NPC ;)

*swoons over Rodrigo*

Will add them in shortly!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Andronica

Kuro is here? And Wolfy? Well, I have a couple concepts I'd love to revise.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Andronica on August 13, 2023, 06:48:33 PM

I just sent in Hector ;)

Kadigan

Throwing my hat in there...would a person whose a tracker, or perhaps someone of a demolitionsit variety be needed/welcome etc?

Also the sheet in recruitment is lacking some things the one on the character page has...

Also also, requesting a hold for FC on AMber Midthunder.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Kadigan on August 13, 2023, 07:03:55 PM
Throwing my hat in there...would a person whose a tracker, or perhaps someone of a demolitionsit variety be needed/welcome etc?

Hi! I just wanted to give you a heads up as another player that I've actually put forth a scout-like character for submission (not that she's been accepted or anything yet.) I just thought I should mention it in case it sways your idea to demolitionist instead. Regardless, both ideas are cool!

Also, hi everyone! Its nice to see some familiar faces here c:

Kuroneko

The character I sent in as a highly charismatic quickdraw/gunslinger with sticky fingers. I pitched that he might get sent in often to case the place and sweet talk people. I'm sure that there's bound to be a lot of overlap with gun types. I also talked with Gnothi about a native character to bring connections to the native community, but he'd be an NPC.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 13, 2023, 08:45:26 PM
The character I sent in as a highly charismatic quickdraw/gunslinger with sticky fingers. I pitched that he might get sent in often to case the place and sweet talk people. I'm sure that there's bound to be a lot of overlap with gun types. I also talked with Gnothi about a native character to bring connections to the native community, but he'd be an NPC.

Oooo, sounds really cool! Always gotta have a charismatic guy around! And yeah, I loved the face claim for the native NPC you offered :D

Rustic

I just submitted a character that's kind of a dick (Karl Urban, had to), but often does lookouts and is an excellent shot with a rifle from a distance.

Kuroneko

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on August 13, 2023, 08:47:10 PM
Oooo, sounds really cool! Always gotta have a charismatic guy around! And yeah, I loved the face claim for the native NPC you offered :D

GnothiSeauton

I have awakened from my medication induced nap!  So many things to catch up on.  I've got a few sheets already submitted to me it looks like and will be turning my attention to those shortly!

Quote from: Andronica on August 13, 2023, 06:48:33 PM

Would love to have you aboard!

Quote from: Kadigan on August 13, 2023, 07:03:55 PM

Also the sheet in recruitment is lacking some things the one on the character page has...

Also also, requesting a hold for FC on AMber Midthunder.

Gah, crap.  I will go ahead and change that at once.  It was thrown together and I just -knew- I was going to fudge something up somewhere with transposing stuff. 

Also happy to see you're interested!

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on August 13, 2023, 08:38:56 PM
Hi! I just wanted to give you a heads up as another player that I've actually put forth a scout-like character for submission (not that she's been accepted or anything yet.) I just thought I should mention it in case it sways your idea to demolitionist instead. Regardless, both ideas are cool!

Also, hi everyone! Its nice to see some familiar faces here c:

I saw the sheet, but haven't had a chance to read over it yet.

Also, for those interested, as we have two scout characters submitted, we will not be looking for characters that are primarily scouts at this time until I've had a chance to review.  I'm more than fine with two of those types, but three or more might be a tiny bit crowded.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

And if you used the Character Sheet template from this thread, please double check it.  Apparently I didn't copy and paste everything over and cut off a ton of sections. 

Sorry about that.

Special thanks for Kadigan for bringing that to my attention.

Seeking New Stories

Kuroneko

Kuroneko

xPeachyPuff

Here's my contribution!
I'm looking to see if any prospective players, or ones with accepted characters, would like to have Kite and their character be ex-lovers. They broke up in the shit show of the Springs incident, went their separate ways perhaps spiting each other, or regretting their choices, and then are forced back into each others sphere's when called upon. If anyone does show interest, I'm more than happy to talk connections with them!

Also willing to talk connections in general, so don't be afraid to reach out! Either here or when Gnothi gets the Discord going c:

Looking forward to writing with you all!

Grizzly

Wow.  Some good submissions.  Took some of my ideas so I'll have to pivot. 

Calling Dibs on the safe cracking, dynamite thrower!!
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Rustic

Oh and here's my contribution.

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on August 13, 2023, 10:43:03 PM
Here's my contribution!
I'm looking to see if any prospective players, or ones with accepted characters, would like to have Kite and their character be ex-lovers. They broke up in the shit show of the Springs incident, went their separate ways perhaps spiting each other, or regretting their choices, and then are forced back into each others sphere's when called upon. If anyone does show interest, I'm more than happy to talk connections with them!

Also willing to talk connections in general, so don't be afraid to reach out! Either here or when Gnothi gets the Discord going c:

Looking forward to writing with you all!

She's lovely.

I wouldn't mind discussing a connection. Ex-lovers could certainly be a possibility. I could see them being opposites, and he would likely have lots of trust issues with her given his past. Feel free to PM me.

Wolfling72

slips in quietly

Could you please hold Denise Vasi for me...for something??  THank you.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Raven Rawne

Seems like the story is an instant hit, judging by the interest.  I probably won't be able to send a character till Wednesday I'm afraid - being out of town with just my phone to type on is not that comfortable when it comes to working on character sheets. Though I am planning on writing a Confederate army doctor's daughter who took the trade after him, but didn't get a license.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Rustic on August 13, 2023, 11:14:01 PM
Oh and here's my contribution.

She's lovely.

I wouldn't mind discussing a connection. Ex-lovers could certainly be a possibility. I could see them being opposites, and he would likely have lots of trust issues with her given his past. Feel free to PM me.

Thank you so much :D Bo also looks great! He'll be an interesting character, thats for sure! I will drop you a PM as soon as I'm able!

GnothiSeauton

We haz an OOC thread!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=353174.0

We also have a discord but I'm going to hold off on sending general public invites for now and keep it for approved characters only.

I'm planning on finishing up my own character sheet and opening a History thread for people who are waiting for the regular story threads to open up.

Seeking New Stories