News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

MAID: The Role Playing Game

Started by Xillen, March 28, 2009, 11:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Interest Check
In Character
Out of Character
Characters and Rules

Since I just got me the ruleset ($8 well spent it seems), and browsing through it, I was wondering if anyone was interested in giving this game a try.

It's a lighthearted comedy RPG set in an anime-esque world, centered about a Mansion with it's Master and Maids.

Players are maids (with funny randomly generated background influences) that work in the mansion, and try to outperform the other maids to gain the master's favor as lots of events occur that mess up the everyday's life.

Character statistics will be generated mostly randomly, after which players will receive to alter them slightly.

I prefer actual female players to play female maids. Dunno yet about sideroles.

Just an interest check. Will add more info when I've read a little more :)

And for whom it was not clear yet, the vast majority of the manual is information for the GM (me). You can play just fine without it.

Tatterdemalion

Quote from: Xillen on March 28, 2009, 11:47:13 AMA characters attributes and details are mostly generated randomly from lists, which seems to be part of the charm of the game.
Incidentally, I suspect that you might also be interested in this convenient online character generator.

Xillen

Didn't know there is one. Thanks for the link :)

Though I'm not sure I'm gonna use it. It's only a few steps to make a character.

Tatterdemalion

Quote from: Xillen on March 28, 2009, 01:01:29 PMThough I'm not sure I'm gonna use it. It's only a few steps to make a character.
Well, at the very least it's good for showcasing the sort of PCs that someone might end up playing in the game (and the generator is admittedly fun to toy with just by itself, of course).

Xillen

Possibly, but this is getting a bit technical, while it's actually meant as a lighthearted RPG.

Don't want to scare people off, now.

EDIT: I've cleaned up the initial post to more reflect what the game will be about.

Duchess

so is this system or free-form

never played system before....

Xillen

It is system, but a very lightly one at that. More chaos than order actually.

You don't even need to make a character sheet. It'll be randomly generated, and you'll get the option to make minor alterations only.

Strangelildedgrl

*jumps up and down* pick me!  I'll play! ;D

Duchess

pffff....anyways

sound interesting that whole generated character thingy..

Xillen

Woot, players! :D

Myeah, the whole game is influenced by chaos, thus so is your character. The dice will determine most of your character.

If I have 3 players with defenite interest, I'll post up some stats, and work them out :)

Josietta

So if guys play, what would they play? Or are you looking strictly for female players?

Also, how often are you looking for post play?   

Will we be using dice at all? or is it mostly just stat based and RP?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Xillen

Quote from: Josietta on March 29, 2009, 12:43:50 PM So if guys play, what would they play? Or are you looking strictly for female players?

The core of players should be maids, and thus female. I prefer characters to be true to their players' gender. So yes, I'd prefer the code of players to be female.
There are rules for adding a butler, but I'd like to skip that for now.
There could be guests characters though, which could be either male or female.

Quote from: Josietta on March 29, 2009, 12:43:50 PMAlso, how often are you looking for post play?

I'm not too sure. Whatever works out. I don't think posts have to be to prozac, considering the nature of the setting. To keep some speed in, I think 2-3 posts a week per player should be required (barring vacations of course). As the GM I'll post more often than that since I'm sometimes needed to keep the game rolling (IE, a player waiting for the description of a scene/outcome of an action).

Quote from: Josietta on March 29, 2009, 12:43:50 PMWill we be using dice at all? or is it mostly just stat based and RP? [/b]

There'll be a bit of dicerolling, but I won't have you worried about that and roll the actual dice myself. There'll be a few rules that would be useful to be aware of, but they're pretty brief.

Thaleia> Just to make sure, were you interested as a player?

Josietta

Oooo sweetness! I'm in! I am a slower poster but I can definitely a manage the 2-3 times a week!  I am leaving today for vacation and won't be back til Tuesday evening (PST) but I don't think I'll miss too much if you are still working things out!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Xillen

Nice. If I can get confirmation from Thaleia or if someone else wants to join, we'll have the minimum 3 players to get things rolling. I'll post more when that happens. :)

I don't think it'll matter, but just in case, the maximum number of players will probably be 5.

Strangelildedgrl

I'm looking forward to this... I looked up some of the saved characters on that site, and it seems like lots of fun!  And I apologize to Thaleia if my silliness was a turnoff.  At the time I was reacting to a RL situation which was the direct opposite of silly...sometimes I jump from one extreme to another.

Plus, I'm a silly girl (yeah, even at my age, i'll still refer to myself that way)

Xillen

Thaleia confirmed her interest, which brings us to three players, making this game a go! (There's spots for up to 2 more if people are reading this at a later time.)

The OOC and Character threads are up. Check the very top of this thread for the links.

Be sure to check the OOC thread, since it has a few instructions for wrapping up your character.

I'll fill in in more details, including stats about your lucky Mister, and the Mansion this game will play in, probably somewhere tomorrow.

Xillen

This game has started (check the initial post for links), but there's a spot for 1 more maid.

When the characters have introduced themselves, and I'll advance the storyline, signups will be closed.

Xillen

Since the maids passed the introduction phase, this game is now closed for signups.

Xillen

Thaleia had to back out.

If anyone wants to replace her character, that would be more than welcome.

Any other methods (like replacing with a different maid) are open for discussion.

Lynnie

I'd like to play, if there is room for me? I've played this before and absolutely love the game.

Xillen

Ok.

Well, Thaleia is leaving, which means her character Taylor is without a player.

Can you check the rules thread to see if the character is of interest to you? If not, then we'll try to work her out of the story, and work your character in.

You can find links to appropriate threads in my initial post.

Lynnie

She is of interest to me. IF you're willing to have me.

Xillen

In that case, feel free to pick up where Thaleia left off. :)

Welcome on board.

Lynnie

Great thanks! *goes to the first post to look for the thread*

krisalyx

yes very interested, & 'sides i'd found my copy of the pdf of maids that i got last year, is there any room for any new players, if not when you start a new game i want in PLEASE.
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!