Why are vampires considered sexy?

Started by Last of the Great Mikeys, May 20, 2009, 04:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubblegumSex

I dont really mind the romantised version of vampires that Hollywood (and particularly Joss Whedon) has made. But i do draw the line at Twilight, the whole shimmering thing is just so far removed from any vampire myth ive ever heard of and using the whole vampire myth as a metaphor for being a teenager is just not cool really. Its a bit like in Underworld and Blade where they randomly decided to give vampires guns, it just doesnt fit.

As for why they are sexy. Biting and nibbling are very sexy. Plus the colours you associate with vampires, black and red, are very sexy colours. And of course the clothes they wear: leather, corsets.

hakari

i find vampires sexy because of thier intelligence, beauty, and sexual prowess

Last of the Great Mikeys

Vampires have no sexual prowess. They are corpses and have no blood of their own to cause an erection or hormones to give them a sex drive. Blood drinking is their only primal drive.

Vampires (to me) are not sexy because they are corpses. Walking dead things.

I'm sure the intelligence varies by the individual. I am sure there are redneck inbred idiot vampires somewhere.

hakari

I think their intelligence, beauty, and sexual prowess is what makes them sexy.

Saerrael

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on July 01, 2009, 01:02:49 PM
For me, it is a battle of Science Vs. Fantasy.

If you look at Vampires at a completely logical point of view, then they are silly and unbelievable.  Yes, they are walking corpses.  They probably smell of death and they don't work in any type of physical attraction.  I mean, if there heart isn't pounding, then how can they get hard?  That is simple biology.

But, like many mythical creatures, you are not supposed to look at them that way.  They are not real and figments of people's imagination.  In that case, they can be very sexy because the only limitations are of somebody's own mind.

I enjoy them to a degree.  I have played WAY too many stories of a sweet and innocent girl getting bit and then it basically ends.  I need something more than that.  I love their sensual and seductive atmosphere and aura that they present.  I like how they can be dominant and rather heartless.  I like ghouls and the bond that is formed from being turned into one.  But, all of that can be done with a mortal.

But, I agree that Vampires have too many human traits now a days.  They are animals.  It is against their nature to be human and try to love.  I think that is attributed to the rise of Anne Rice and how she portrayed them.

Vampires are what people make of them.  So, I wouldn't be mad at them specifically, more at the authors behind them.

QFT

Anyway..
Why actually bother with this question? You seem to have made up your mind and cling to one form of vampire.
Personally I have read, watched and debated so many vampire themes, backgrounds, biologics, pshycologies, histories (etc etc etc) that I can honestly say right now; There is no -one- form of vampire, so don't cling to something like that.

I find them erotically stimulation for all above reasons.

Nadir

Jag

I think every form of vampires brings a nice, new perspective on an age old monster. All of them are beautiful, interesting, and majestic in their own ways. Can't we just love them all for what they are? Undead, blood sucking, creatures of the night?

Blade:

Dracula:

Lestat:

Morbius:

Nosferatu:

Eric:

Edward:
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oniya

It takes a special kind of kink to go after number 5...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jag

*blushes and raises hand*

I am special.

Nadir

Jag

Quote from: Eden on September 08, 2009, 10:02:10 AM
*gigglesnorts*

Don't giggle at me. Those long fingers of his have to be good for something. >.>

Oniya

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 08, 2009, 09:59:25 AM
*blushes and raises hand*

I am special.

Personally, I prefer the Tzimisce to the Nos - which is an altogether different 'special kind of kink'.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nadir

It's his bug-eyed expression that does it for me. Oh baby!

Jag

Quote from: Oniya on September 08, 2009, 10:06:24 AM
Personally, I prefer the Tzimisce to the Nos - which is an altogether different 'special kind of kink'.  ;)

*runs to google to look up Tzimisce*

...He can be blindfolded, Eden. ^^

Saerrael

Quote from: Eden on September 08, 2009, 06:55:53 AM
Woah, calm down...

*blinks*

I wasn't being aggressive. At least.. ..I didn't mean it in an exploding way. :s

Last of the Great Mikeys

Actually, I do kinda like Morbius. I'm a sucker for Marvel comics.

auroraChloe

Quote from: Last of the Great Mikeys on May 20, 2009, 04:24:48 PM
Why are vampires considered sexy? Not to knock anybody's idea of fun, of course, it's simply that I do not understand. To me vampires are, well, corpses and since I am not into necrophilia I am competely unable to find them sexy.

....   they should be unleashing primal undead fury and NEVER, EVER SPARKLING!

draw to the bad boy image, i guess   :P
for me it has to do with the wanting/desire they have. 

... and 30 days of Night was a nice switch from from this pretty teenage vampire angst

a/a 8/21/17

Lady Haven

Vampires are suppose to be scary, dangerous, and even repulsive. There Power over the human mind is their ability to control there victims. The seduction is the Power. To let the victim see, feel and need whatever it is that person wants.
Lets face it the goal of any good Vamp is to get his next fix.
Twlight was a Love story with some vampire fantasy or lore mixed in. I liked twlight and await "New Moon" release.
But to me a good vamp film is suppose to scare me, to make me think about going out after dark.
Like "Jaws" kept me out of the ocean.
Lady Haven's ONs & OFFs Page
Life is like a puzzle, were all little pieces trying to fit in.

ruaprnstr

The vampires lust in of itself is sexy by nature, while their lust is indeed a bloodlust, their evolution has lead them quite naturally to have an exterior that attracts the kind of mate they lust for which is a victim rather than a lover. Thus they have pheromones, soft tender skin, curves on the vampress, chisled features on the vampires and their scent is something wholly desireable to the human nasal sensory organ in order to lure us in.

If they were repulsive we would be more difficult to pray  upon and would band together to destroy them during their weakest moments. There is also something to be noted about the typical uptight Victorian repression in the manner of most forms of dress for classical and neo classical vampires which is we often do things that are taboo... or desire what we can not have. It is instinctual.

It is also instinctual for us as humans to venture into danger, a primeval instinct that often gets us into trouble as flirting with Danger can ruin or Even end our lives...

Plus it feels good to get your neck sucked now and again
"I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind."- Patrick Dennis

"Sex is a big question mark. It is something people will talk about forever."- Catherine Deneuve

On and Offs

Sex, Coffee, and Donuts

Autumn52

I think vampires are sexy because we all or most of us want immortality and that is what they offer. Even if they were disgusting creatures some of us would still throw ourselves at them for the possibility that they might grant us immortality. When it comes to Vamps I am glad that they are good looking because the thought of being bitten is not so repulsive if bitten by a gorgeous god. The fact that they use humans for food is however repulsive and given the choice between immortality and drinking blood, I will stick to my chocolate thank you very much.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

MasterMischief

Quote from: auroraChloe on September 09, 2009, 10:32:50 AMdraw to the bad boy image...

This is also my opinion.

Personally, I am vampired out.  I would like to see someone come up with a new monster to feed our dark side.  Oh, and this time, can we keep the vulnerabilities?

Now...about honorable ninja...

Triggvi

We as a society are morbidly curious. Vampires are the ultimate serial killers. The have the charisma and manipulation abilities of manson and they can turn on you in a an instant. Blood is there curse and there savior. Vampires are sexy because they are powerful and mysterious creatures that are immortal killers that can make you feel irresistibly drawn toward them and then kill you in the blink of an eye.

Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Usani

ooo yay a vampire topic!  ;D  okay so I've been into vampires since I was 14 years old, waaaaay before twilight and truue blood came out.  Personally the whole sparkling thing makes me angry lol, I mean I like the books and all but...seriously?  In my eyes what makes a vampire sexy to me is the mysteru behind them and their story.  Yeah so may look tough and mean but there's something more within them, something much more.  For example: He's tough and cold but on the inside he wants to be loved but believes no one can love him.  He is my all time favorite character from Buffy! xD

Autumn52

When I think of Vampires I think of Lestat and Louie from interview with a vampire. Those were vampires. But I must admit that Usani has it right about the story behind the vampire. Their story makes them so much more endearing to us I think. It was easy to fall in love with Louie because he was a broken man after his wife died and just wanted to die. Then Lestat comes along and gives him immortality and Louie, the vampire with a conscious was born. I gotta say that the more tortured the soul the more I love em. Yes vampires have a soul. *lol*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish