News:

Main Menu

Superpowers

Started by Yukina, February 28, 2015, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

This is probably one of my favorite questions to ask. If you could have one single superpower, what would it be?

(http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki)

CaptainNexus616

Ohhh tough one....I suggest putting a link to the Super Power Wiki for this thread :)

I'm gonna have to go with Techno Magic manipulation.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Yugishogun on February 28, 2015, 06:44:03 PM
If you could have one single superpower, what would it be?

Trolling Mastery.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Stella

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 28, 2015, 10:21:23 PM
Trolling Mastery.

Omfg, Drake. Haha.

I used to always say telekinesis, but then I would never ever get up, and grow into the sofa like a mushroom. So I'm going to say ability to manipulate time instead!

Seress

Teleportation. *cheers*

mia h

Being able to steal other people's powers...... or is that cheating?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Yukina

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 28, 2015, 09:47:40 PM
Ohhh tough one....I suggest putting a link to the Super Power Wiki for this thread :)

I'm gonna have to go with Techno Magic manipulation.

Thank you, Nexus. :) *link added*

After searching the wiki, I found a cool one.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hyalokinetic_Combat

Quote from: mia h on March 01, 2015, 05:36:37 AM
Being able to steal other people's powers...... or is that cheating?

Not really cheating. You're more or less limited by knowledge and location.

Mathim

Memory manipulation (my own and others'). I'd force myself to forget bad things that have happened to me, and alter people's memories so that they'd be well-disposed towards me, to the point where I could call in non-existent debts they owe me, and teachers might remember there was a mistake with my grade and that I got a perfect score...or that someone I really hate would forget that they've already had quite enough of something bad for them and that they should keep on going while I watch them succumb. It would almost be like having a Death Note except it would be a little more useful than simply causing convenient demise. I'd also be able to access memories to get information, or find out if someone's lying, etc.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Aeons

My go-to answer is telepathy, despite the fact that I know it would end poorly.  Even just the ability to read minds, while amazing, would probably make you miserable.  ANd if you were able to change them, that would be super cool, yet totally immoral.  But it still attracts me.

I'd settle for being immortal though.  Being able to live multiple lives would be a superpower in itself.

Mathim

Quote from: Aeons on March 02, 2015, 11:42:22 AM
My go-to answer is telepathy, despite the fact that I know it would end poorly.  Even just the ability to read minds, while amazing, would probably make you miserable.  ANd if you were able to change them, that would be super cool, yet totally immoral.  But it still attracts me.

I'd settle for being immortal though.  Being able to live multiple lives would be a superpower in itself.

I feel no guilt nor sympathy for human beings ergo that wouldn't bother me about using my similar power in that manner. Morality ceases to be an issue once these abilities enter into the equation.

Immortality, though, that would be more of a curse than a power. Everyone you ever knew or loved dying over and over and over while you stay the same age (presumably, if you didn't forget to specify eternal youth) and have to live as more of a passive observer to avoid drawing attention to your never-aging self. Look at Jack Harkness, he's not exactly thrilled about the prospect of his own immortality. He makes good use of it, sure, but you see all the shit that goes with it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Aeons

Eh, I know the standard rap on immortality but I'm willing to deal with the downside.  Unlimited chances at life, getting to experience anything and everything.  I'd get over you.

Mathim

Meh, I'd rather live one perfect life than several imperfect ones. You'd have to deal with disappointments over and over again, you'd have to have huge amounts of patience which I don't, you wouldn't experience the same sense of fear and trepidation which makes things interesting and exciting because of your (presumably) inability to be killed by artificial means if you have the Vandal Savage type of immortality.

DukeJohn

I'll go above and beyond and do the top five.

Top choice would definitely be teleportation, especially with me being someone who hates driving. Plus I could take "day trips" anywhere in the world

Next choice would be being able to stop time. You would have pretty much infinite time to accomplish anything you wanted, and then use all of your "real time" for fun. If I could combine these two into just being "The Master of Space and Time" who can bend time and space, that would be great

The third choice would be super intelligence. I'm already pretty smart, but I could do some great things if I had, say, supercomputer level intellect

The fourth choice would probably be invisibility, just because it would be fun and cool, and, like Greta Garbo, I want to be alone

The fifth choice would be irresistible pheromones. Having everyone be driven wild by you would be fun for a while, but it would get old once I got married and settled down, so it's only the fifth choice.

Lux12

Advanced occult mastery. The higher forms of magic that can be woven with little ritual. With the greater forces of the spiritual cosmos at your finger tips, there's little you can't do. Also it would be highly meaningful to me being that I'm a neopagan

wander

My one OC has space manipulation...  8-)

You basically get the Kamui powers from Naruto with it.

Being able to warp attacks so they don't hit you (along with deflecting them back to reflect on the attacker) along with the wonders of teleportation in a general sense... Well, there are some pretty cool applications to it... My character has more than once warped space to constrain enemies with just the space around them, without flat-out teleporting them or teleporting parts of them wherever he wants...  8-)

Meaningful to myself as it's like an instinctual protective shell around oneself... *nods sagely*

RubySlippers

Regeneration, without decent health life isn't as good and I would know.

Dice

The ability to create and control flame.

Aeons

Quote from: DukeJohn on March 05, 2015, 04:56:24 PM
The third choice would be super intelligence. I'm already pretty smart, but I could do some great things if I had, say, supercomputer level intellect

I was a fan of the X-men character, Sage.  Among her powers was that her brain worked as a supercomputer.  I played her once in a RP, and so spent a lot of time thinking about how that would work.  It's interestingly powerful since, among other things, you could have thought processes happening in parallel, so you could delal with day to day life while at the same time planning and cracking hard problems.  You could have perfect recall, or at least that was a feature of hers, which is amazingly useful.  And your mental speed would be amazing so you could have great reaction times, having been able to think out a situation completely in the seconds it takes to react.  Love it.

The Black Khal

It would be pretty awesome to be able to manipulate gravity.
"When the stars go out
you can hear me shout
'Two heads are better than none
one-hundred heads, are so much better than one!'"

MasterMischief

Sabby

Shapeshifting. I want to be able to change into any form that can support my consciousness and mass.

Angelic Kitten

Time travel, no more regretting what might have been.

Mathim

Quote from: Angelic Kitten on April 19, 2015, 06:52:38 PM
Time travel, no more regretting what might have been.

You'd be very likely to simply have to continuously fix what you previously fixed or you'd have such a utopian world you'd be bored to death. And you simply can't fix a paradox; if something bad didn't happen you'd have no reason to go back in time and make the bad thing not happen in the first place.

zerowingR

I think I would go with the ability of Comprehension. To be able to completely and totally understand what a person is doing and why they are doing it,or what they exactly mean when they say something. And probably just as importantly the ability to let others understand exactly what I mean when I say something.

It would seriously cut down on the number of times I have to say "I was being sarcastic."

Sabby

Quote from: Mathim on April 19, 2015, 07:02:20 PM
You'd be very likely to simply have to continuously fix what you previously fixed or you'd have such a utopian world you'd be bored to death. And you simply can't fix a paradox; if something bad didn't happen you'd have no reason to go back in time and make the bad thing not happen in the first place.

That would only be true under the assumption that your own existence can be effected by paradoxes. There's no reason to think that going back in time and killing your parents would make you cease to exist. You've already stepped out of time and just jumped into an arbitrary point where 'fate' never placed you, so why would any changes to your past follow you that far?

Sorry for mini-rant, just this aspect of time travel fiction has always bugged me :/ Never made any sense. Then again, it's time, where terms like future, past and present are more like placeholders that will probably seem infantile in 100 years.