News:

Main Menu

The Superbowl!

Started by Aiden, February 03, 2011, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys

Steelers put up a good fight. Glad to see the Pack take it though. Didn't get to watch the game but was on the NFL site reading the constant play by play at the end and even that had me on the edge of my seat. :P
O's and O's

My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation ~Jane Austen

Aether

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Aether on February 04, 2011, 04:09:28 PM
It hasnt been the same without Shanahan at the helm.

That's so true.  *sigh*  Well hopefully they are on their way to rebuilding a decent team since they ditched the head coach. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Beguile's Mistress

It was a good game and I'm glad both teams put up the fight they did.  Neither gave up and both have a lot to be proud of. 

I love my Steelers!

WyldRanger

It was a good game, especially as I'm a fan of both teams. I was also impressed with the never say die attitude of the Steelers in the second half and how they made it a real game at the end. Congratulations to the Packers and Steelers both for making this a truly fun game this year. :)

Torch

I had no idea who was singing the National Anthem, and when Christina A stepped up, all I could think of was.."Good God, she's gonna fugg it up."

And.....I was right.

Can we please stop with the pop stars and give the job to someone like Ronan Tynan or Renee' Fleming and be done with it? I mean, really....Ugh.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Beguile's Mistress

I kind of feel the same way.  The National Anthem is a hymn of praise to our flag and our country and what they stand for.  The honor of singing it should not be taken as an opportunity to jazz or rock it up but to show respect for the words and melody as they are written.

The performers need to remember that it's not their song but that it belongs to all of us.

Aether

I was nigh to physical pain listening to that rendition of the national anthem.  Over arranged and over vocalized.

WyldRanger

That was a very, very terrible rendition of the national anthem *nods*

Alika Luminos

Cassiopeia

I was sad to see that the Steelers lost, but I do like Green Bay so it was hard to be too mad.  The whole time though I was comparing the players and thinking damn the Packers seem scrawny.  Yeah, Rothy is basically ogre sized but still.  The Steelers looked like a bunch of bubbas in comparison :P  It was a great game, I have to say ... and you know Green Bay clinched it because their coach is FROM Pittsburgh.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it *nods emphatically*

As far as the National Anthem goes I had a pretty big wtf moment when she messed up the lyrics.  With Christina I figured she'd fool with the melody big time and add all those unnecessary runs and trills ... all I can say is she'll get way more punishment than she deserves because the media will probably haunt her over this as long as they dogged Janet Jackson over the whole boob fiasco (and thanks for the following years of completely dull halftime shows as a result, Ms. Jackson! >.>).  Personally I would have rather seen Lea sing The National Anthem, as I think she would have screwed around with it less, and Christina sing America the Beautiful because I feel creative interpretation is a bit more allowable for it.

Beguile's Mistress

And to think, Christina Aguilera is from the Pittsburgh area, too.

Apple of Eris

I didn't even notice the Anthem flub. I didn't really pay any attention till kickoff.

Oh man what a game though! My Packers played a pretty good one. People dropping like flies, busting out a huge lead, then letting the Steelers back into it. Ugh, freaking gave me ulcers. I think I aged ten years watching that game!

Anyway, my boys did their job, now momma can wear her Rodgers or Kuhn jersey with pride!

Oh, and my hats off to the Steelers, they played a really hard game and I was happy that there didn't seem to be much cheap hitting stuff from either team and a lot of mutual respect on the field.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking