Marvel Noir: 1948 ( Oc's allowed) A Marvel Comics adaptation. (F roles atm)

Started by Garuss Vakarian, August 03, 2015, 07:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterOfMyFate

very interested in the idea of playing "The Devil of Hell's Kitchen."
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Mathim

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on August 05, 2015, 07:06:17 AM
very interested in the idea of playing "The Devil of Hell's Kitchen."

Damn, that is like the perfect character for this. But hopefully not restricted to just that part of the city.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Garuss Vakarian

Well, I like your idea for Loki. A gender changing character is always cool to me, especialy when it fucks with other characters heads. (After a throw of passion. "Wait, a second ago werent you a?... Oh... God..Well... I actually dont care, you were pretty fucking good." :P Ha ha.) So, to help with Loki, I think it would be easiest to say that he would go into the Pulp fiction aspect of the rp. Ancient artifacts, of alien or supernatural origin. Occult horror's, straight out of an H.P lovecraft novel! Ancient temples, with secrets behind their civilizations! A race to stop some organization from nabbing something truly dangerous! Marvel Noir is a Noir universe by name, but with Deadpool and their version of the Xmen it is also a Pulp fiction universe, as in Indiana Jones kinds of stories. So, Loki would go fit into the Pulp adventure/horror aspect of it all. (Yes, id imagine some scary things happening. After all, im certain our characters will at one point wonder; Whats a Man-Thing? lol.) So, perhaps he actually is from Asgard. But instead of being here for domination, he is banished from asgard. An near immortal! With His/Her powers of illusion, disguise/transformation and manipulation. But perhaps lacks any of the strength his normal comic book/movie counterparts may have? In this world he is more of a finder and a fixer, the guy who 'doesntexist' but you go to when you need something found, something obtained. Or if need be, something or someone 'Fixed.' A collector of artifacts, whom seeks one illusive item, he has been seeking ever since his banishment; His Staff. (He probably wouldnt have any allegiance to any one. He helps those good or bad, if he sees some kind of profit, gain or angle. Just a guy that even Fisk, or Goblin fears. But use to their benefit from time to time. Hell, perhaps he is a loan shark to the public. :P I dont know, just some ideas.)  Though, you dont have to listen to me, adapt him as you would like to. ^^ Just trying to help.

As I said, she went for Bianca.... MMhmmm. Cant. Go. Wrong. With. That~ :P lol. So I dont blame ya for not wanting to pass up that opportunity. Though dont you forget about Peggy now, that firecracker of a women is well worth the effort I am sure. ^^ Ha ha. And I dont mean some boring ol firecracker, I mean a loud one! Like a BlackCat! (The firecracker brand I mean, not the actual character. :P )

MasterOfFate: Oh, ya that is actually exciting to see. I love Daredevil. He even has a Noir version, if you want to use that costume. ^^ . Though, his Noir costume is probably a case by case, like it or hate it.

Mathim: I wouldnt restrict him, he does need the other players and their characters to be accessible for him to play with after all. He would still be the Blind loyer of Hell's Kitchen, and the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, but I wouldnt see him being limited to it.

Foxy DeVille

Hee hee... yeah, Bianca's always good for super-hero stuff. A lot of her latex outfits look like they belong in a comic. And having a Power Girl sized rack doesn't hurt.

Garuss Vakarian

That is a good point. Lot's of her costumes do look very hero like. Plus! She can also serve as a live action image for Lara Croft and Jessica Rabbit, since she cosplayed as them. (I also think she cosplayed as Harley Quin?)

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on August 05, 2015, 12:19:50 PM
That is a good point. Lot's of her costumes do look very hero like. Plus! She can also serve as a live action image for Lara Croft and Jessica Rabbit, since she cosplayed as them. (I also think she cosplayed as Harley Quin?)

Yup, also Supergirl, Poison Ivy, Silk Spectre, and Trinity from the Matrix. She was also part of a Canadian web series called Heroes of the North that had some spiffy costumes in it. Marie-Claude was in it too, another busty French-Canadian latex model/cosplayer who got her break when Bianca put her on her site. She's my avatar.

Garuss Vakarian

*Slow Clap.* My lady, you have surpassed me in such knowledge. ^^ Lol, thanks for introducing me to another sexy model to boot.

Neysha

Name : Crystalia Amaquelin
Marvel Character : Crystal
PlayerName : Neysha

Power's and Abilities : At a young age, Crystal was exposed to the Terrigan Mists, as were all Inhumans. She has the ability to manipulate the classical four elements, earth, wind, fire and water by interacting with the molecules on a subconscious level. (ex: she can form water by combining hydrogen and oxygen atoms together or cause molecules to ignite and combust) More specifically, she can generate sparks and manipulate flames, create and manipulate small volumes of water, generate air currents or create small scale tremors and seismic events. She is also able to combine the elements into more potent manipulations, such as generating dust or firestorms, form maelstorms, transform water into freezing blasts or jets of steam etc.

She also has an Inhuman physiology which means she possesses the physical strength, durability, speed, endurance, and reflexes marginally above that attainable by Olympic level athletes of similar size and gender. She was also trained in esoteric martial arts while in her homeland, making her a formidable and unpredictable though far from a master in martial arts and hand to hand combat. She's familiar with various formsof advanced Inhuman technology as well.

Her weaknesses however include an increased susceptibility to illness and sickness, especially ailments whose primary cause is the result of pollution such as in water or air to the point of having a variable allergic reaction to significant contamination. As such, she often takes to wearing gloves and sometimes most noticeably, a gasmask under certain circumstances.

Personality : Curious, inquisitive and cordial. Crystal shows a scientists and diplomats interest in the Human world and its many facets. Despite growing up in isolation, she has a strong sense of right and wrong and though her views are tempered by her upbringing, she is but cautious and reserved whilst still being extroverted in her interactions with the Human world.

Bio :  Growing up in the sheltered homeland of the Inhumans known as Attilan, deep in the Himalayas, from an early age Crystal knew that she could never be restrained in living her entire life sheltered from the world beyond the mountains of the very planet they were on. As she grew up, she was educated on the dangers of Humanity and their violent, warlike nature but the more she learned of Humanity, the more intrigued she became of them and their world and its diverse collection of societies and cultures and beliefs. As World War Two raged all over the Earth and others known to the Inhumans became involved, her people remained hidden, steadfastly holding to their non-interference with humanity even as other groups in similar situations invested themselves in such a total war. During the conflict, Crystal, who was adamant on revealing themselves to humanities so-called 'Allies' hoping to cement a strong first impression with the Humans of this world by assisting them in their darkest hour, had her entreaties ignored.

But curiously, in the wake of the war, after viewing what Humanity was truly capable of, the new King of the Inhumans, simply known as Black Bolt, deemed that Humanity had advanced to the point they could eventually be a threat to their people and their refuge in the Himalayas. As a result, Black Bolt issued two major decrees, first to begin the construction of a new settlement on the dark side of the Moon, and secondly to send out scouts to learn as much as they could about Humanity and its dispositions beyond what they could glean from intercepted radio transmissions and stolen intelligence. For the latter mission, Crystal was chosen for her outspoken desire to study Humanity. While other operatives would be dispatched in secret, Crystal was to be the only agent of the Inhumans sent out to be the public face of their people.

While Crystal was forbidden from revealing too much about her people, she was entrusted with informing relevant authorities that she was the representative of an otherworldly species who wished nothing but peaceful relations with humanity and as a sign of their goodwill, would send her to Humanity with the intention that she use her obviously superhuman abilities to be another colorful 'superhero' of their world to slow directly the peaceful intentions and goodwill of her mysterious people to Humanity and help pave the way for a more developed and formal relationship when that time would come.

As such Crystal first made herself known to agents of the United Nations who, after confirming her extraordinary abilities, directed her to the relevant authorities that could make the best use of her abilities and intentions. This organization was the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

1SAZ

Looking like quite a collection of pulp era heroes and anti-heroes we have here. Have me all excited.

Anna Katrine

Name : Felicia Hardy
Marvel Character : Black Cat
PlayerName : Anna Katrine

Power's and Abilities : Felicia was trained by her father from an early age to be a locksmith. As such, she is capable of opening almost any normal locks without leaving any trace of being picked. She is also very agile and flexible, making her able to climb the buildings of New York and travel by their rooftops. Growing up poor and in a rough neighborhood has given her a unique fighting style, where she utilizes her flexibility to her advantage.

Occupation : Cat Burglar for hire. Locksmith at her father's shop.

Personality : Felicia can be very forward when she wants to. Some might even call her brash, but growing up as she did she learned that it was best to look to your own interests before anyone else. As a woman growing up in a man's world, she has learned that sometimes its best to play the damsel and use her looks instead to confuse and distract. She almost never takes a job without figuring out whats in it for her.

Bio : Born on the same day as the Wall Street Crash of 1929, Felicia had been alive just a week before her family's wealth was taken away from them. The crash had taken away her mother's money and she was reminded of that as she grew up. Called a "Black cat" of misfortune by her mother, she was blamed by her mother for taking their fortune away and condemming them to the slums of New York. Growing up amongst thiefs, immigrants and worse, Felicia found comfort in her father as he taught her how to be a locksmith.

Often getting into trouble with the local boys, she would come home with blood on her clothes only to be scolded by her mother. When the local gangsters came to claim the money they had to borrow from them, she had no other choice than to turn to stealing to pay them off. Altough her father ran an honest business in a nest of thieves, it didn't bring in enough and with her mother unable to do any kind of work it was up to her to pay off the gangsters. She cracked her first safe at the age of fourteen, bringing the family enough to pay off the gangsters and relocate them to Hell's Kitchen.

While working at her father's new locksmithing shop, she figured that there was alot more money to earn in thieving. She worked to develop a disguise that was not only functional but practical. Growing up with stories of the heroic "Captain America" and the nefarious "Goblin" she figured everyone who was something had another name. She took in her mother's old words to heart and began a series of break-ins as "The Black Cat". Soon after, she was sought out by the scum of the earth and gangsters alike, all looking to hire her for seemingly impossible break-ins with the promise of big payoffs. So far Felicia hasn't found the job she couldn't handle.

wander

Haven't got a real face-claim for Loki yet... Though I love your ideas Garrus and I'm gonna go with that! Being a fan of Lovecraft and general pulp heroes such as The Shadow, you've really helped!

Thinking something like this for the guy, looks-wise;

;D

Garuss Vakarian

Both excepted!

1Saz: Yep! Im excited to! In fact im making the Ooc soon. Perhaps even the thread it'self. ;) . We have enough interest, and are only waiting on two characters. Wander's Loki, and whomever Barberagordan wishes to play. :) (Edit: As well as Mathim, and Master now that I just remembered. >_< My bad.)

Wander: Thats fine, no need for a actual face claim. ^^ . Im actually glad you didnt cop out for Hiddleton, I mean he looks like loki, and is quite handsome, it's just nice to try and weigh other options first. Not to knock any one down if they use actual actors, nothing wrong with it and for the most part I love Disneys casting decisions, as an example Peggy is perfect as is! Me? Ya, I couldnt find any one else that looked like a good peter to me. >_< So a cop out on the actual actor was all I can do. Any way, the drawing you found looks pretty good, I like it a lot actually. If you want to just use that, it is fine. I even have a friend whom can crop out the face for you, so you can use it for your header. ^^

Oh! And your welcome for the ideas! The Shadow was  awesome reference there, I think few know about him. Actually a lot of cool characters get that treatment, The Specter, Demon Etrigan, id include Atom but he is in Arrow and Flash currently which is pretty cool. XD

Garuss Vakarian

Oh! Drats, I forgot to ask everyone this, sorry! Would you guys be fine with NC: Exotic? Since there can more then likely be questionable consent, as well as beings of which are not human.

wander

I'm considering doing a sort of Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers thing also with Loki, in regards to Asgard and I'm a fan of things like John Carter too. I know the game is grounded in more realistic detective noir though, so references to those will mainly be just kept to his bio.

I think it might be interesting to have a man from an exotic world sent to Earth than vice versa. :)

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Mathim on August 05, 2015, 10:23:02 AM
Damn, that is like the perfect character for this. But hopefully not restricted to just that part of the city.

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on August 05, 2015, 11:03:54 AM

MasterOfFate: Oh, ya that is actually exciting to see. I love Daredevil. He even has a Noir version, if you want to use that costume. ^^ . Though, his Noir costume is probably a case by case, like it or hate it.

Mathim: I wouldnt restrict him, he does need the other players and their characters to be accessible for him to play with after all. He would still be the Blind loyer of Hell's Kitchen, and the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, but I wouldnt see him being limited to it.

Well I was hoping to start off in Hell's Kitchen (go figure) but have a scene where a SHIELD Agent comes into my office looking to contract a few lawyers all the while secretly trying to recruit Murdock as an Agent.

I have a read a bit of the Noir for Daredevil and it's a good story, but the costumes eh to me. I am looking for alterations for now when he becomes a member a SHIELD, but for now it's the black makeshift he has now from the series.
Master ON/OFF

Garuss Vakarian

Well, when the rp starts I am sure we can start off a scene like that. I actually planned on NPC'ing Maria Hill, so she can be the agent that would say high. Or if you want to feel extra special, I can have Colonel Nick Fury pay him a visit. Though I am sure you would probably prefer the pretty lady :P .

Hey, it's fine. I understand what your saying. Feel free to use whatever costume you think is best. ^^ . Maybe he can move on to having his iconic red devil costume in the future? I dont think it is to distracting to the time. Depending the drawing or cosplay used I mean.

Edit: Heres pretty neat looking one: Daredevil cosplay

Edit: Wander: Hmm, I see. Well, I wouldn't worry to much about him being out of place. The over all feel of the rp is meant to fit either Noir or Pulp. What I mean is: I plan on this first chapter to focus a little more Noir. With the murder of a SHIELD agent, and mysterious plotters wanting something from SHIELD. The next chapter would be more Pulp heavy, I am unsure on how I would do the plot however. At first thought I was thinking something involving Atlantis and the Submariner, but I revert from that due to another group currently looking to do a Pulp fiction story involving Atlantis. Lol :P. My second thought however I think is pretty good.

Darwishi

I can't believe I'm considering another game! Why do you make something so tempting? And it allows OC's, too!  I'm really on the fence about joining this game, and for no other reason than I don't know about the pacing of the game or if I can handle playing yet another character.  So, so, soooo tempting.

Mistress Fatale

Just add a lacy black mask, a slightly shorter dress/skirt with a slit up one side, a fedora and bicep length gloves and that's practically what I'm thinking of playing as a character.  Guh! So tempting!

Garuss Vakarian

Well, the pacing is left to you. I wont super speed it, nor will I slow it down. I will be a good lil gm, watch it, and move it forward in the pace it is going. Im a good dude so, if you want to join just know I will let you go at the pace your comfortable with. Though id generally be expecting a post every week, if your silent for a week id just ask and see if everything's ok, and not flip out or assume you lost interest. ^^ . Any way, for the most part it goes as you will. Groups I think shouldnt be to demanding, less you risk scarring off members whom may be interested or scarring off people you already had on board.

Darwishi

Don't wait on me to create the game or get started.  Right now I'm weighing if I can handle another game, much less what kind of character I could create to fit in with the Marvel Universe in the 1948 era.  Mistress Fatale is definitely one of them, but I have others that could be adapted as well. 

Garuss Vakarian

No worries, I am actually planing on starting some time soon. I am waiting on four others, but they are confirmed players so I dont see the harm in having it ready for when they are. I did ask if people are ok with NC: Exotic. But I think I am going to start working on the OOC and such in it, and if there is a mass of objections I will request it be moved by a moderator. Any way, take your time in deciding, I understand the need for there not to be a rush. After all, you stated your pretty full up already.

Garuss Vakarian

Darwishi

I may also consider some type of symbiote-d spider-woman character.  I think I might wait to see which board it ends up on and where I should go from there. 

Garuss Vakarian

Makes sense, though I am confident that NC exotic is fine.

Hey, perhaps she can be a female Venom?

Darwishi

I was thinking of a costume more along the line of the 1610 spiderwoman...

Not sure how I'd do the powers, or if I'd go with this at all.  Just thinking about it.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on August 05, 2015, 06:19:50 PM
Well, when the rp starts I am sure we can start off a scene like that. I actually planned on NPC'ing Maria Hill, so she can be the agent that would say high. Or if you want to feel extra special, I can have Colonel Nick Fury pay him a visit. Though I am sure you would probably prefer the pretty lady :P .

Hey, it's fine. I understand what your saying. Feel free to use whatever costume you think is best. ^^ . Maybe he can move on to having his iconic red devil costume in the future? I dont think it is to distracting to the time. Depending the drawing or cosplay used I mean.

Edit: Heres pretty neat looking one: Daredevil cosplay

Anything that sounds like a proper house call Agent that is looking for business is alright. Doesn't have to be female. Hell, it could be Coulson.

I might go with that image. Has the brass knuckle idea I had. Still looking though.
Master ON/OFF