News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

It's fanfiction, so technically you'd have to read it, rather than watch it, but that's still a smart move. ^^

Sabby

Kunoichi

As in full video, or just a recording of someone reading the story out loud with perhaps some images thrown in?

*loads up today's episode on Youtube and prepares to begin watching*

Sabby

I'm not watching it xD someone else can.

Kunoichi

xD True enough.

Anyway, I'm about seven minutes into the new episode, and they just finished up what I think is the first musical number of the new season.

I do have to wonder just where Fluttershy got a Toucan, though. >>;

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Dhi

That is pretty much the greatest thing.

I love Applejack there in the corner. That's how I play D&D. Matching dice, healthy snack, trying to role-play my way around a couple of goofballs playing pixies and anime characters. I know that look, Applejack. I feel that.

Kunoichi

Makes me wish I'd had time over the weekend to watch the latest episode...

*still hasn't seen it yet*

Dhi

The highlight reel:
Twilight...get my rope.

No, I'm kidding.  ;)
It was a good episode! Save it for when you need to laugh and unwind, that's what I do.

Kunoichi

xD Well, at the very least, it provided an interesting look at the dragon developmental cycle.  Though, I have to wonder if that's what Spike will look like when he grows up without the aid of some sort of bizarre magical frenzy...

Kunoichi

...So, Derpy's official name has now been given...

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised that they actually went through with that particular name choice.

Callie Del Noire

Shjade

Certainly more relevant to my interests than the show... ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on December 20, 2011, 09:08:32 AM
Certainly more relevant to my interests than the show... ;p

I find myself wondering if that is just 20% what would more do.

Shjade

The unicorn's horn becomes much more phallic at over 35% effect.

You don't want to know what happens after that.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

Rainbow Dash PMV (Live to Win)

Please don't tell me that the PMV stands for Pony Music Video -.-

Kunoichi

Dhi

I don't think that's a very good example of a PMV. It's not bad, but there are much better. This one was ranked the best of November:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_0n5gp1fE
It isn't just a barrage of unrelated imagery and convincing mouth movements. It tells a coherent story, it's wonderfully edited, it's artistic and emotionally moving. It has a vision that it conveys from start to finish without disappointing.

I could probably pull 20-30 more like it from my bookmarks. There are some very talented people among the MLP fanbase. It makes me happy to see this kind of stuff.

Sabby

Live to Win did that pretty well :/ I don't even watch the show, and I knew exactly what was happening beginning to end. Plus it was a really good music choice.

lonlyazn

I'm converting to being a bronie. I just need someone to watch with  :'(

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

Dhi

Quote from: Sabby on December 30, 2011, 06:39:15 PM
Live to Win did that pretty well :/ I don't even watch the show, and I knew exactly what was happening beginning to end. Plus it was a really good music choice.
Oh, I thought you didn't like it. You haven't seemed very impressed with MLP and I guess I got the impression you were annoyed by the concept of PMVs.

Sabby

I've seen two episodes, and was unimpressed xD I've made my points regarding those, and I stand by them, but I'm not guna judge an entire show on a weak/rushed opening two parter. About my only exposure to MLP now is Youtube. And Elliquiy...

Callie Del Noire

Oniya

Or, if you made it white with a lightning bolt cutie-mark, it could be Sleipnir.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on January 05, 2012, 10:04:15 AM
Or, if you made it white with a lightning bolt cutie-mark, it could be Sleipnir.

It's a MLP version of Spinnerette from a webcomic of the same name. :D