SR4 Question to the folks who play it (more than me)

Started by Callie Del Noire, August 15, 2011, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Is it possible to build up a Technomancer who is a rigger? Cause I think it could be soooo cool to look at a car and 'think' about stealing it and have it start up and drive on over. :D

AllieCat

Um.. you COULD, but you'd be splitting money (cyberware, etcetera) and skill points(compiling and driving) versus stuff.. and remember, the stuff has to be online for you to Techromance in (my word for what the Otaku 2.0 do :P) and start it up. Any car worth stealing probably has a good anti-theft program, etcetera

Edit: Now that I think about it, most of the stuff is "dead metal" except for the anti-theft stuff when shut off. Means you can't get in until something (like a key or an access code) has "woken it up"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AllieCat on August 18, 2011, 12:26:52 AM
Um.. you COULD, but you'd be splitting money (cyberware, etcetera) and skill points(compiling and driving) versus stuff.. and remember, the stuff has to be online for you to Techromance in (my word for what the Otaku 2.0 do :P) and start it up. Any car worth stealing probably has a good anti-theft program, etcetera

Edit: Now that I think about it, most of the stuff is "dead metal" except for the anti-theft stuff when shut off. Means you can't get in until something (like a key or an access code) has "woken it up"

Really? I didn't think you needed cyber since you can in theory 'rig' with a commlink. I thought you could use the technomancer living persona talents to do most of what a rigger does with programs.