Demon the Fallen

Started by GoldenChild, April 03, 2006, 11:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenChild

A while back I asked if anyone wanted to run a demon game... there wasn't. But as time has gone by I still find the game concept perfect for this site so I ask again with a little change in the request... do anyone what to PLAY demon the fallen? If there is I will ST the thing.

PhoenixBlaze

*puts his hand up* Sounds good, however I didn't see the original thread what were you looking for exactly?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

GoldenChild

Ah good... Last time I searched for a ST... no-one volunteered ;)

PhoenixBlaze

Well that's no good, what exactly did you have in mind?

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

GoldenChild

Something like this:

"The year is 1999 the walls that held the demons imprisoned in the Abyss started to break because of a powerful maelstrom in the underworld. Small cracks started to appear in the prison’s walls and a few demons actually managed to flee, free for the first time in eons. You are one of those lucky few that managed to escape the Abyss and once again return to Earth. What you do with your newfound freedom is up to you."

Haven't really decided what city yet... Las Vegas is close at hand though...

PhoenixBlaze

GoldenChild

At least he is thinking about it :)

ZK

Bah! The only D:TF book that eluded me! The Las Vegas city book! NUUUU.

Okay, I'm done hijacking the thread.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

GoldenChild

Well since it is you Zulo I forgive you ;)...

I didn't know they released a City of Las Vegas... :P

ZK

I'm a collector of various roleplaying games. ^^ I know the oWoD by heart... scarily so.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

GoldenChild

It was City of Angels they released, the only one I know that covers Las Vegas was made for Mage...

*ponders if I should get myself a life and stop memorizing this kinds of stuff*

ZK

Ah, yeah. Sin City...

My problem is I rarely purchased the city books.

Aside from my KoE and Changeling Collection. Those are complete collections.

GoldenChild

Don't own any of those series... my main line is werewolf (garou only), vampire, demon and mage... and the same in dark ages.

My true love lies in the demon setting as it is so... well good ;)

GoldenChild

I have been thinking... it's always scary when I do that...

My thought of this game is as I stated before that you play one of the first demons that manage to crawl out from Hell as the barriers begin to break down. That part is no problem, one thing I do have noticed since I began to try to make a demon game work is that the rules in itself are a problem so... why not run it in free form? The players here on the site are mature enough to pull it off so why not...

I'm willing to try making this work... any more than me?

Faolan

I could be interested in that. A demon on the loose in the Sin City sounds like a fun time.

GoldenChild

Alright  ;D that's one player!!!

Natalie C. Barney

I don't have any of the books would these be Judeo-Christian Demons or something else?
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

GoldenChild

Short answer... yes... I PM you more detail...

Natalie C. Barney

Sounds fun I think I'll play a nymphomaniac heavily diseased prostitute that actually is a satanist and invited her in, and now realizes what she agreed to and wants out- but isn't going to get a demon out so easily.

The demon a succubus a female demon of lust that hates mankind and loves nothing better to get them sick and die doing a cardinal sin. But on the other hand to the truly innocent and the like can be rather nice that damned human soul making her do some good deeds.

If I remember they possess bodies in the game from moral decay or people dying and they move in, so maybe I'll make the girl a suicide and she is saved to be the unholy vessel of the demon part of her. Bad timing but great for the demon crawling to Earth.
Natalie Clifford Barney

GoldenChild

Alright that was two players :) we could begin at once really while we are waiting for some more players (need at least four to request a board).

So how much do you know about the setting?

Natalie C. Barney

I know the oWoD vampire and hunter systems. I also played a Revenant so am used to creepy characters. As for the Demon one not much I know the demons crawl out from hell and take over mortals of low character either or people that are dying (I think). I suspect that freaks out the Inquisition and the status quo like Undead. But not sure beyond that. I guess the demons are like those in In Nomini some are classically evil and others are happy to be free from hell and try to stay out of trouble and have fun. I take it some may even be redeemed and try to do good deeds- ok rare.  ;)

Is this going to be freeform or use some kind of simple rules?
Natalie Clifford Barney

GoldenChild

You nailed the setting rather good :)

In play I want to go using freeform but there will be some kind of character creation using the rules.

You got Seven Houses:
Defiler - the angels of the sea and temtations
"I can show you things that will fill you with wonder.  Just take my hand and I'll change your life forever."

House Lore: Lore of Longing, Lore of Storms, Lore of Transfiguration

Devil - the angels of dawn
"Follow me and I will give you your hearts desire.  Worship me and I will make you a god."

House Lore: Lore of the Celestials, Lore of Flame, Lore of Radiance

Devourer - the angels of the wild
"It has been too long since I tasted blood on the wind. Tonight we hunt once more."

House Lore: Lore of the Beast, Lore of the Flesh, Lore of the Wild

Fiend - the angels of the heavens
“You have questions my friend, but are you prepared for the answers?"

House Lore: Lore of Light, Lore of Patterns, Lore of Portals

Malefactor - the angels of the earth and creators
"I know you have been hurt.  I have something here that can make your life better again."

House Lore: Lore of the Earth, Lore of the Forge, Lore of Paths

Scourge - the angels of wind and life
"Nothing can protect you forever. So don't worry about forever.  Worry about right now."

House Lore: Lore of the Winds, Lore of Awakening, Lore of the Firmament.

Slayer - the angels of the dead
"Love me or hate me as you will, but live, now and until your final breath.  In time we will meet again."

House Lore: Lore of Death, Lore of the Realms, Lore of the Spirit

And then you got the Five Factions:
Faustian – Wants to rule the world
Cryptic – Wants to find answers to the Big Questions
Luciferan – Wants to find Lucifer and follows him
Ravener – Wants to unmake the world
Reconciler – Wants forgiveness

Natalie C. Barney

Hummmmm...

At first look I was thinking~
HOUSE: Slayer
FACTION: Ravener

OR

HOUSE: Defiler
FACTION: Ravener

Natalie Clifford Barney

GoldenChild

As a prostitute I would say a defiler... but if you really want to play one of the demons of death that can work too ;).