Re: Interest Check: Post-Apocalypse/Zombie/The Walking Dead[closed[

Started by Jecht, July 03, 2012, 12:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

That still works, if Marcus' sister is with him, they could bump into them together. Or they could have met Desi first as Desi also seems to be wandering alone.

kingmaster1

I think that would work, it sounds good at least, strength in numbers and all that :D

Bloody Rose

kingmaster1

hopefully jecht comes back soon enough so we can get things answered and other things started :P

Frank Reshman

Is this thing still open to participants?  I freaking love zombies!

Haibane

We're waiting for the GM to post and say. I think he wanted about 6 or 7 characters and we have those now, so, not sure. There's a kind of logical limit to a party size for a group of survivors in that it makes it so much harder to feed them all if there gets beyond a certain number. Personally I think 6 or 7 is already a large group but its up to the GM and whether he's concerned with things like that!

If we do have more characters I think some ordinary Joes would be good. We have enough people able to handle firearms and more Special Forces types or super-characters would unbalance the game.

That's just my view though. I'm a fan of ordinary Joes in such situations more than soldiers, etc. because the situation they find themselves in demands more inventive RPing.

Jecht

Sorry everyone, I haven't been on alot. Stuff has been happening lately.

I was thinking 6 or 7 would be the best number. I'm sorry to those that have been coming in without an answer. We can always make it a bigger group if needed but sometimes those fail pretty quickly.

I wasn't going to GM what we run into as I want imput from everyone but I don't want to make it super easy or super hard on everyone neither. If someone says we come across a army depot, perhaps it is surrounded by a fence or there's a hundred zombies near it which makes it a tougher place to get to. Honestly as long as we communicate well, it will turn out well.

As for time, I agree a week after would be good. I'm trying to think how The Walking Dead started. Since a few of us know each other or established something, I will just have everyone meet in a random apartment building. They can hold out there for a bit before we decide where to go with it.

As of now, I have
Myself
Haibane
Ryan
kingmaster1
Damnedangel
Chanellelynn
Acid Lips (send me your profile before you post it)

I think 7 is a good amount. I will make the OoC thread in a day or so then the starter not long after.

Sound good to everyone?

In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

kingmaster1

I think the walking dead started a good month after things started, seeing as how everyone was already hiding and hordes had moved in. Rick just kind of stumbled upon things :P

As for meeting I suppose it makes sense they'd met up after so much time passed. Some people could even be fighting but an apartment building wouldn't really be the safest place...depending on what floor they're on...I kind of like the idea of Haibane's character having the car and trailer and they are all trying to get to a possibly safe destination, something like Alcatraz in San Francisco or something...(off the top of my head :P ) Also book of Eli

also, 7 is a good amount to me  :-)

Damnedangel

I don't mind where my character starts or who shes with, I'm not picky =) But I think we should atleast start a month after, you know atleast then we can literally say the world has gone to s**t for good because communications would be down apart from emergency broadcasting so people won't know others are alive unless they come into physical contact with another group.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Jecht

A month after sounds good to me. The reason why I said an apartment building is the series We're Alive...it's a podcast/audio book that is pretty neat how they do it. They pretty much get started in a apartment building that they fortify. It doesn't last long when a group of people show up plus the undead but it's a neat place to start. Tall apartment building (maybe 7 floors) That we can just get together at. We can discuss from there.

Just an idea.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Frank Reshman

So, I missed the due date.  Sad face.  However, having been in a few RP's around here, if anyone happens to drop out, please send me a PM.  I would be more than happy to be a new addition.  Hopefully, nothing like that happens, but it's always best to have back ups.

All the best,

Frank

Haibane

Given the concentration of zombies in a city it always makes sense to me in such situations to get out of population centres and go rural, find somewhere easily defensible out in the boonies. Out there clean water and animals to hunt would be more plentiful too. Of course if you're going to have zombie bears, wolves and stags that may not be such a hot idea ;)

Sure, we can begin in an apartment block but I really don't see the logic of it. Such a building is a potential trap and if you are seeking somewhere easy to defend, a smaller simpler structure away from a population centre would do just as good. Rather than being influenced by movies or video games, why not think about a storyline for yourself? I prefer Claire to have her cruiser and trailer and have parked it in the basement. Did she arrive alone though, or meet the others, or at least some of them, before?

Is anybody okay with the 'how-we-met' ideas I put out? I think it'll help the characters if we do all agree some past events so that it makes the storytelling consistent.

Damnedangel

I'm fine with the apartment idea and I like your idea of Lilly running to the police station when the shit hit the fan =) Since she obviously has no idea on how to look after herself etc etc so I say (if its ok with you) that Lilly met up and arrived at the apartments with Claire?
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.

kingmaster1

I like the "how-they-met" ideas that haibane put out, I think they make sense

Haibane

LOL, our group of survivors is disagreeing before they've got IC.  XD

I guess its the GMs final call, though. He is the GM after all!

I'll go with the apartment block start if needed, but my char will suggest they get out asap!

Jecht

It doesn't matter. I'm just thinking of something interesting to start with rather than something easy like in country. Besides, not everyone is going to just head to the country right away. Like most zombie/survival stories, people like to stick to city limits to wait for the government to save them. Especially with 2 police officers and military people that would expect that to happen.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Damnedangel

I don't know if this is like an idea or something but I'm reading a series of zombie books on the kindle written in blog form and the main character was a huge geek who loved zombie movies etc, so when the dead started to walk he turned his neighbourhood into a fortress and stored enough food etc to keep the neighbourhood and others alive.

kingmaster1

Sounds cool, but I don't think any of our characters had that idea, seeing as how they are held up in an apartment...or something...I dont really know right now :P

Acid Lips

kingmaster1

Damnedangel

Nah I meant from the idea was like what if I don't know later on in the roleplay we run into a place like it. A fortified haven yet theres nobody inside it *shrugs*

kingmaster1

That sounds cool but it seems like that would be an end game find. if it was well fortified and supplied a plenty they would be set :P

Haibane

Only until a bigger, stronger survivor group turns up...

kingmaster1

Damnedangel

Mhm in the book they were all normal people in the fortified neighbourhood until a guy infiltrated the group, gave up the group the big attackers who happened to be the army who had begun to fight for themselves after they realised the world was screwed.