Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (Potterverse) - Recruiting (FOR MALES & FEMALES!)

Started by persephone325, January 05, 2014, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

My character's wand: 14 inches long Acacia wood, Hag Hair core with curved handle and straight rigid shaft and rounded tip.

persephone325

Updated to include a section on birth dates and ages so that people making characters know what year they will be.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RubySlippers

Oh my character is 17 not to advanced some areas she can't practice magic the wand blocks it in Transfiguration and others she is passing but not advanced much and is only likely grade level in Charms. Not sure what to do she didn't study magic at a school proper.

persephone325

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 08, 2014, 05:26:58 PM
Oh my character is 17 not to advanced some areas she can't practice magic the wand blocks it in Transfiguration and others she is passing but not advanced much and is only likely grade level in Charms. Not sure what to do she didn't study magic at a school proper.

OK. You can edit all the new information (wand, age, birth date) yourself and resend it to me in a PM. I don't mind doing little edits for minor things, but please make sure you're sending me the finished product of your character.

As for not having much in the way of practicing magic in the past, it doesn't really matter too much because everyone will get the same amount of class time. So I'm not sure why little experience would effect your character. Second years (as your character is) are still learning, so it's not a big deal because she already has a year under her belt.

Now, if she was a sixth or seventh year... That would be a big problem.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Florence

My brain hurts, I dunno what to adjust my age to be...

What would the range be for a first year Aquarius?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RubySlippers

First year even it the school begged her to enter she would have to wait until her Muggle education ,secondary school ending with an employment credential, until she turned 17 was finished.

And the Birth Dates are hurting my brain, she was born in May 24th and is 17.

I don't know the starting date is it 2013? 14?

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

persephone325

Starting date is 2014.

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 08, 2014, 06:05:37 PM
First year even it the school begged her to enter she would have to wait until her Muggle education ,secondary school ending with an employment credential, until she turned 17 was finished.

So... What exactly are you trying to ask?
I don't know.

Florence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV11oSbWW70

Just throwing it out there, but that's totally Sylvy's themesong as far as I'm concerned :3

RubySlippers

Quote from: persephone325 on January 08, 2014, 06:22:12 PM
Starting date is 2014.

So... What exactly are you trying to ask?

Not asking due to her Muggle education she could not enter the Academy until seventeen, even if invited at sixteen she would have to put it off it was to important to her to finish her career training program. So would be a first year.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

persephone325

I don't know.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Caela

Thinking of making a Professor, what age range would you like your teachers to be Persephone?

persephone325

Quote from: Caela on January 08, 2014, 09:52:51 PM
Thinking of making a Professor, what age range would you like your teachers to be Persephone?

I'd say... No younger than 26 or 27. And that's quite young for a teacher anyway. (Not sure how old Neville was when he returned to teach at Hogwarts.) But they can be as old as you'd like.
I don't know.

Senti

just checking I might have a classically trained dancer and musician?

Would that be appropriate?

persephone325

Quote from: Senti on January 08, 2014, 11:54:33 PM
just checking I might have a classically trained dancer and musician?

Would that be appropriate?

Sure!
I don't know.

Niferbelle

Aiden

After burning through the first 2 seasons of White Collar.

I felt this would be a good face claim.

But I am thinking of going with a professor instead of a student.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Ember Star

Okay... think you'll still have openings in a couple of weeks.

Also, are 16 year olds first years in this scenario?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2014, 01:06:27 PM
After burning through the first 2 seasons of White Collar.

I felt this would be a good face claim.

But I am thinking of going with a professor instead of a student.

LOVE White Collar! Neal and The Suit (adore Mozzie lol) have great chemistry and play very well off each other. The supporting cast (June and Mozzie in particular) are great fun too. :D

Aiden

Yea, Mozzie is great, but we are getting off topic here.

Bad Caela! *Threatens a spanking*

I'm still brainstorming, Persophene, what subjects do you want to cover? I'm thinking of making my guy here a halfblood- muggle side dealing in wines and vineyards, so he can be the equivalent of the herbology professor or possible potions.

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2014, 01:37:51 PM

I'm still brainstorming, Persophene, what subjects do you want to cover? I'm thinking of making my guy here a halfblood- muggle side dealing in wines and vineyards, so he can be the equivalent of the herbology professor or possible potions.

~smirks~ It's been awhile, but I would think that you had written with me enough to know that threatening a spanking is NO WAY to engender better behaviour! lol

~goes back to working on the CS for the Professor she's making~

persephone325

Quote from: Ember Star on January 09, 2014, 01:14:55 PM
Okay... think you'll still have openings in a couple of weeks.

Also, are 16 year olds first years in this scenario?

Yes to both questions. I don't see this game as "overflowing" or anything. But I could be wrong!

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2014, 01:37:51 PM

I had meant to get this info up last night, but it got late and I fell asleep. lol

Core Classes:
Astronomy
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Flying (Use of brooms and/or horses)
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
Transfiguration

Elective Classes:
Art
Care of Magical Creatures
Choir
Divination
Drama
Music
Writing

(I might add another class or two later that's non canon or something.)

To anyone who has sent me a PM: Sorry if I've taken so long getting back to you. I didn't realize how much interest this would generate, and my inbox got flooded with questions, characters and ideas. So forgive me for the delay! I'll try to get back to you guys at some point today!
I don't know.