Keeper of the Woods (Interest Check)

Started by Aviva, August 12, 2011, 02:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aviva

This idea came to me while I was on the train to Northampton last weekend and been bubbling away since.

The story is set in a mixture of futuristic and magical setting
The year is 2250 and men have discovered a way to mass produce oxygen while at the same time breaking down carbon monoxide and the green house gases as harmlessly as possible. The human race has continued to increase until most of the planet is used for farming , gadget producing. Most of the world now lives in luxury created by the third world being used in slave labour for the masses.

Yet in a fewparts of the world small islands remain filled with trees,plants and animal long killed or died out in the rest of the world. Over time those of a naturalistic path have come to these islands seeking sanctuary. Sadly these lands are constantly being sought out by the humans to use the resources in surplus there.  This woods have keepers though that shall do anything to keep the woods alive but they do not always succeed.

The races for this story is:

Human
Elven
Dwarf
Shape-Shifter
Were-Creature
Drow

If there is any interest in this story then I shall find out where people would like this placed IE light/bondage etc
Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

arikelillusion

this sound intersing... =D

i would like to play a Elven...
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

abandoneddolly

Id be interested in playing a Shape-Shifter

LimitlessNikkie

Sounds like it could be fun, interested in either an elf or a were-cat of some type.

Vaulera

i am interested in playing as a drow or shapeshifter!

Astrofig

Oooh, could I play a human run afoul of the Keepers? Maybe even punished by them?

Snark

Huh, this seems like it could be fun. I'd probably go for human elf or shape shifter.

Aviva

Well this story shall certainly have sexual elements to it. I do see this story as quite political. I shall be adding more details in the next day or so once I have my head centred on the hierarchy of the groups there shall be.

I shall be putting to the vote also where people would like to see this going, though if people wish to be punished I think light exotic can be ruled out already.

While I do imagine those on the isles working together for the one goal I do also see the different races also having a degree of separation between them. So in regards to the humans I would need a leader, were werewolves there would be a pack master. The Elves would have a ruler also. Though some may be ran by myself would any one possibly be interested in taking a leader role amongst the fractions?

On and Offs

Story Ideas

arikelillusion

oh i would like to try! i woud be a leader from the Elves grup. =)

hum.. i was thinking that maybe should be someone to be a leader of all... like a big group of supernatural races since they ll be trying to protec the isle from the same "enemy" (humans =P)
^-^

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Snark

Hmm I'm considering maybe playing the leader of the human keepers, new to the job just inheriting it from his father and made to try and fix the strained relationship between the human Keepers and the other races that are very hesitant to trust them.

DreamlandDenizen

I wouldn't mind being the werewolf Alpha. I'm thinking of making him very animalistic and confrontational to the other races.

Aurora Wayland

Im interested. Wouldn't mind playing a Drow.

Aviva

I shall be doing up a character sheet either later tonight or tomorrow.

Could those interested in creating a fraction leader please send me a PM with the fraction you would like to be leader of.

Quote from: arikelillusion on August 16, 2011, 11:02:35 AM
oh i would like to try! i woud be a leader from the Elves grup. =)

hum.. i was thinking that maybe should be someone to be a leader of all... like a big group of supernatural races since they ll be trying to protec the isle from the same "enemy" (humans =P)
^-^

This is where the politics and the potential back stabbing may come in. :o

Each fraction leader shall make up the Wood's Council with one above them who I shall be roleplaying as.

Also some human shall be Keeper's too. Though whether they shall genuinely care for the woods or merely be imposter's....only time shall tell.

When I have posted the character sheets up I would like them PM'ed to myself rather than posted here so no one shall know but myself which characters are genuine and which are trying to sabotage the isles...or take over it themselves.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Snark

Sounds like a good idea to me. Can't wait.

kckolbe

I don't know if other races are up "for grabs" but I was considering a hobgoblin or half hobgoblin character (the other half being elf or human).  As hobgoblins are a warlike race, I picture them as having been a threat to the other races until humans came along.  The presence of human threat caused an alliance (I like arikelillusion's idea ~smiles) which included the hobgoblin, though naturally there would be a bit of tension and bad blood. 

Let me know what you guys think.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

CarnivorousBunny

Oooo! I like this!
Would it be possible to play a human who escaped from a 3rd world slave house that now cares for the woods and animals? :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Aviva

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on August 17, 2011, 08:58:44 AM
Oooo! I like this!
Would it be possible to play a human who escaped from a 3rd world slave house that now cares for the woods and animals? :)

Aye it would be possible for that to happen.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

JadenMystic

This looks like it could be fun and interesting...What are you looking for?

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Aviva

Character Sheet

Name:

Race:

Actual Age:

Appearance Age:
Please note for this story I would like all characters to be the minimum of eighteen years old
Height:

Weight:

Physical Appearance:
If you wish to use a image that's fine or describe in text that's fine to.

If your character is going to be a were creature or a shape shifter and he/she changes into any unusual thing  please try and include a image of it especially if it is a mystical creature or uncommon.

Profession:
If they had a profession before coming to the Isles or the profession is to be part of the story please let me know

Skills:

Allegiance:
Again please note  none but myself shall know who is a genuine Keeper of the woods or a usurper....but of course that does not stop you from collaborating together in the back ground..just remember..there is no honor amongst thieves. ;)

For those who have only just shown interest in this story the character descriptions are to be PM'ed to me rather than posted here.

Please understand though if we are have a over balance in some of the races, changes may have to be made or if people are comfortable playing two characters that is welcome as long as they are different races.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Aviva

Also to add if there is anything else you wish to add tot he sheet like character personality and sexuality feel free to.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

JadenMystic

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Aviva

Currently positions are definitely taken:

Human fraction King.

Some people have already shown interest in the position for Elven Leader and Were Pack Master.

The numbers for races currently stands as such.
Humans: 1
Weres: 1
Elves: 1

So any race is available.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

JadenMystic

Are we allowed to play more than one character?

Aviva

Aye you are but they need to be different races if you are going to. Just to add no player shall have two characters in high ranking from the off but depending on how the story goes in time may end up with such.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

arikelillusion

Aviva i sent you a PM with my personage now =D
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!